Low Ball Transfer Bids

Why does the AI never bid big for any of my players yet some of the transfers around the world are obscenely large.

I'm lucky if I get a say 10% of the players value.

My striker has finished top scorer in Serie A for the last 2 seasons and his value is £40m. I'm continually getting bids of less than his transfer value. i reject and they come back with a bid of less the very next day. This has been going on for many versions of teh game. I dont understand why this is so hard to fix. Is it to make the game more difficult because human manager can bulid better squads than teh AI?

This has been brought up before as an ongoing issue.  One of the reasons put forward is that the AI teams are trying to unsettle the player by continually bidding and having them rejected.  Player becomes unhappy and then he may request a transfer.  Just grit your teeth and keep hitting the reject button,

Always a bugbear of mine with FM. AI continually offers low value for players you have set a transfer value for. Then you try to buy a player from the AI and they want 100m+ ( or some other silly value), or they never (for the most part) even discuss a transfer below the value they have set for a transfer listed player. 

Justifications are always made that there's nothing wrong. Id say that there is clearly a problem with the transfer system when it comes to AI continually lowballing transfer offers for players that you'd have no intention of selling even if the bid was astronomically high. 

16 hours ago, jozza800 said:

Why does the AI never bid big for any of my players yet some of the transfers around the world are obscenely large.

My striker has finished top scorer in Serie A for the last 2 seasons and his value is £40m. I'm continually getting bids of less than his transfer value. i reject and they come back with a bid of less the very next day. This has been going on for many versions of teh game. I dont understand why this is so hard to fix. Is it to make the game more difficult because human manager can bulid better squads than teh AI?

Really? Lucky if you get £4m for a £40m player?

16 hours ago, jozza800 said:

If that is really true you aren't using the market properly at all and user error has to be part of the issue 

On 13/06/2020 at 16:01, jozza800 said:

Sorry, I meant more than 10% (give or take) more than his value. So £44m

What I do is keep rejecting offers until there is a few club intrested and then set my asking price which is higher then his value. Then when someone comes with the offer I still negotiate and ask for more.

Yeh happens commonly, I had Haaland on my Saints save, he's like 24, scoring 25-30 league goals every season, is on a 5 year contract at well over £150k a week, his value is like £65 million. 

But various AI teams like Barca, PSG, Man Utd etc, would just bid about £35 - 40 million every 6 months or so, non-negotiable, and he would get unhappy and I'd have spend the next 2-3 months appeasing him. 

But you know I had to pay like £90 million to get him in the first place, which is fine, I get that, but the AI is just absurd.

Having said that I just sold Leon Bailey in my Leverkusen save for £99 million, they bid like £70 million, then I said £95 million and they bid £75 million, so because I was annoyed I said £99 million non-negotiable expecting them to stop, but they bid it, so I accepted. 

One of the better additions in recent years was being able to agree an acceptable price with an unhappy player.

The thing that bugs me is when players sign deals with minimum fee release clauses then kick off 6 months later when a team bids and you say you wont let them go for less.