Crusade for European Glory! It always begins in Clermont [FM20]

Hootieleece

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

This happens some times. It's just how FM (and indeed football) goes. You're playing well so stick at it and the fortunes will turn around. 

I know it happens. I will keep playing, but I think this will be a one club save.

I am actually amazed with where we are, The fact that these journeyman players can compete at this level is a revelation. 

Yes, there are some matches where the lack of quality tells....

This should be a lesson for all the players who go All-Star shopping for their teams.

As for tactics I just used the TikiTaka Template that is premade by SI. So some made criticize for "plug and play". I have made a few adjustments (mostly to roles, each personalized for each player)

The Tactics work. I get chances...I just think that the players lack quality. 

A good summary. What I like about this is that you have overachieved twice already, but you're very comfortable knowing that you have done so and not taking it for granted that you can always do so. If you have a couple of bad results, you're calm, you plug away and stick to your ideas :thup:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: November 2021

vMBPZC.jpg

The Team's struggles meant that November was another important month....Bernard was sticking to the plan. First Team in Ligue1 and Backups in Euro Cup.

The International break would give the team some time to work some things out.

The first match of the month was against Dinamo at Home....

d04Qbp.jpg

The Backups came through for us with Unhappy Driss Trichard scoring a late winner against a team...who parked the Bus!

After that victory we had a tough game coming up against Lille....

jppKas.jpg

the Analytics boys thoughts...

jG9eOy.jpg

kyXFjN.jpg

Another deflating defeat where nothing went right....

The media were getting in on putting us down...

djJ2Ge.jpg

calling us hapless.

Our next game was against Bordeaux who were playing well, but their Manager just left to take the OM job.

SPmofM.jpg

The nerd's thoughts...

6R6t6p.jpg

The game would be tough but Bernard believed in his team...they just had been having rotten luck.

8l0sLv.jpg

The team's play vindicated Bernard's trust in them and the TikiTaka system. Bordeaux playing under a just appointed manager helped.

We had a game Against Beskitas on which qualifying for Euro Cup Knockout  rounds rested.

It was a bore...neither team really threatened to win the game.

0-0

(missing screenshot)

That bring's us to a game against the Galactic Empire: PSG!

Their lineup is impressive with Harry Kane leading the line.

6kx5D5.jpg

The media thought we had no chance....

xF3rYf.jpg

and secretly Bernard in his heart agreed, but he put on a brave face for the team and the media.

The analytics boys thought our formation gave us a chance....

lnrpNK.jpg

All the Hype led to a 2-0 loss at the hands of PSG...

the game was a bore...

(I forgot to take another screenshot again)

That ends the month...

yhUt3S.jpg

We are still struggling but our position isn't horrible a run of good results and we would be in a much more comfortable position.

I am probably going to ask for more money in the January Transfer Window and bring in a new GK.

Player of the Month

Alexandre Vincent

SvdcKi.jpg

He hasn't really shown up on the score sheet but his ability to make a pass and play multiple positions has proved invaluable.

Management Report

6RSdpz.jpg

pjyYSU.jpg

Thanks for reading

5 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Doing well in Europe, average in the league (results) but overall doing fine job. The club is much stronger financially too, so it's all positive really.

I think I am doing well in Europe because none of the teams in my group are from loaded leagues. 

Luck of the Draw.

4 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I know it happens. I will keep playing, but I think this will be a one club save.

I am actually amazed with where we are, The fact that these journeyman players can compete at this level is a revelation. 

Yes, there are some matches where the lack of quality tells....

This should be a lesson for all the players who go All-Star shopping for their teams.

As for tactics I just used the TikiTaka Template that is premade by SI. So some made criticize for "plug and play". I have made a few adjustments (mostly to roles, each personalized for each player)

The Tactics work. I get chances...I just think that the players lack quality. 

Yes absolutely that's what it is. There's only so much that good tactics and management can make up for the actual collective abilities of the players. Once in a while it will come unstuck. 

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

I think I am doing well in Europe because none of the teams in my group are from loaded leagues. 

Luck of the Draw.

Oh does that make a difference? I didn't know. 

9 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Oh does that make a difference? I didn't know. 

I think it does. I know there are many on the forums that could tell you for sure.

All the threads I read in the past about how the game simulates the world cup (especially) gives countries with loaded leagues an advantage. That is why in many threads you see England winning the World Cup (when simulated)

Other times it is player ability that takes a nation without leagues loaded but players from Region loaded to win the World Cup. See smp20's Cameroon and Guinea.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: December 2021

zqTWcd.jpg

December brought some winnable matches and Bernard was hopeful of breaking out of his teams poor form.

The First Day of the Month saw Clermont host Nimes in Chateauroux, but first we will revisit the hype for the match.

l6nmI3.jpg

ukFsLr.jpg

eC5Mfz.jpg

It was a winnable match...

mgKfa3.jpg

an early penalty led for a long day but the boys kept fighting...Grbic scored an equalizer.

a tough fixture with OM awaited on the weekend so there was more work to do.

jlxEsV.jpg

The gamblers had their money on OM.

MXMMop.jpg

We played well upfront but had a hard time converting...it is in goal and the disjointed defense that let us down.

In other News: We have to travel all the way around the world to play our Cup opponent.

We are headed to NEW CALEDONIA in the South Pacific ocean!

sFNPgz.jpg

Speaking of long trips we were headed to Kazakhstan in the midweek.

RvZ684.jpg

It was a tough match...

EimQXA.jpg

with Astana giving it their all, but we came out victorious and won our group.

9V7MLV.jpg

On the weekend after our victory in Euro Cup we were hosting fellow relegation battlers Rheims...

CS8n9O.jpg

It was a game of import for our new Center Back Diasi...

n5rdQe.jpg

We played well and were able to send former Captain Jonathan Iglesias off in style.

Our final match of the month was against table propping  Toulouse...

ViMhaU.jpg

It was a winnable game but they had been playing better of late.

rBhih9.jpg

The Analytics boys had no answers...

e9mv8v.jpg

The game was well played by us Cissokho went down just before half...but the boys kept up the good work except for a late mistake...

o1HZHJ.jpg

Phojo played magnificently and was able to top his display with a goal.

This is the Team Stats and League Table after 19 matches...

PXipan.jpg

Our last two wins have helped our position but we aren't safe yet.

The Year ended quietly with Bernard being honored as Manager of the Year.

WGeLyy.jpg

Also the team was able to loan a new goalie to help with our defensive woes.

68NZp0.jpg

and here is his profile...

KRLdfC.jpg

Player of the Month

Jerome Phojo

Db0L3x.jpg

Jerome has been the highlight of our defense even with our problems.

MPDa1X.jpg

and he is comparable to the best Right backs in the World!

mqEWS5.jpg

A poor man's TAA! not bad.

Management Report

cDg0xA.jpg

ytbaVY.jpg

Thank you for reading!

I think it does. I know there are many on the forums that could tell you for sure.

All the threads I read in the past about how the game simulates the world cup (especially) gives countries with loaded leagues an advantage. That is why in many threads you see England winning the World Cup (when simulated)

Other times it is player ability that takes a nation without leagues loaded but players from Region loaded to win the World Cup. See smp20's Cameroon and Guinea.

Good points. And yes England winning the world cup no matter what the circumstances is definitely unrealistic :lol:

Nice update I think you are easily safe to be honest. That cup draw is magnificent it would be such a cool trip! I didn't know there's sided from all over the world in the cup. 

41 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

That cup draw is magnificent it would be such a cool trip! I didn't know there's sided from all over the world in the cup. 

Yes, much like the FA Cup...every Football club in territory ruled by France is eligible. That is why the good teams don't enter until 9th round. 

I just wish that PSG got that fixture and trip...LOL!

I had a trip to Martinique in the Caribbean during the first season. You should have seen the travel costs!

Edited by Hootieleece
edited to become gramatically correct

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: January 2022

c9ht8B.jpg

Bernard knew that January would be a busy month...The trip to the South Pacific not withstanding.

Blast from the Past!

HG8KsB.jpg

Look who is turning out nicely and is out for loan...I would still have turned him into an AMC.

The trip to the South Pacific was a bit of a joke even though the locals played hard they had no chance. Grbic and Berthomier came in late to let the locals see our stars. This was at best a competitive Friendly.

fSSkaV.jpg

2Z2uYd.jpg

It was Clermont's Biggest Win ever!

1iqs9o.jpg

We Were rewarded with a trip to Drancy!

xW2CWc.jpg

Copy Subasic accepted an offer as he was in the last year of his Contract and the team decided to not risk him playing into an extension.

HJFXQf.jpg

WE GOT SAID ARAB!

rz7Asd.jpg

for next season on a free.

After the Trip around the World we had a home game against FC Nantes and old friend Thierry Henry....

It was a match the boys were up for...

XNI2EH.jpg

and put on a dominant performance.

mmPmXG.jpg

New Goalie Hiller looked good...

and WE GOT Thierry Henry sacked!

SHBQAR.jpg

That set up a midweek clash with JA Drancy...

fxHV5b.jpg

The Analytics boys even had stats on them....

LnlETl.jpg

in other news CHEF was sent out on Loan to FCSM!

str0aQ.jpg

The match was tougher than expected...Drancy played with Elan...

AF13Dy.jpg

but our quality told....

So we were in the pot for the next round...

DsCEnk.jpg

and we had a tough match with AS Monaco before the Cup fixture...

iFtoSV.jpg

The Analytics said a 4-1-4-1 Wide would stop AS Monaco...

The Gamblers though Monaco would win...

T0mEz5.jpg

The team played valiantly but we fell to a late defeat...

UtXQhc.jpg

with just a few days off we face RC Lens in the 11th round of the Coupe de France...

LwI7xx.jpg

our home game gave us an advantage said the prognosticators...

iJ0YLo.jpg

The analytics boys thoughts...

The game was almost anti-climatic ...

iJ0YLo.jpg

We dominated and their play was lackluster.

The win got us a home game against OGC Nice in the Quarterfinals...

oPGuTx.jpg

and We had a game to end the month with Angers...It would be a tough match.

FbVN3V.jpg

Both teams had chances but neither could put any away especially in the 2nd half.

The Month ended and so did the Transfer Window...

etyQ7a.jpg

Team Stats and League Table

iYRP0O.jpg

It was a good month but the loss to Monaco and the tie against Angers are lost points that may be critical. It looks like Bernard is going to have to go all in for the Coupe de France to get European Football next Season.

Player of the Month

Axel Diasi

5UpWnc.jpg

Another Paris FC Product...has put in good shifts this month. Only down side is a poor partnership with Cissokho.

Management Report

yMIcKk.jpg

xQhvEE.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by Hootieleece
added images

18 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You still have an outside chance of 5th, but it would take a bit of luck. A comfortable league position is good, and still in the cup too, but European football is optimistic.

I know...but there is still a chance....

Just now, bendixkunert2 said:

Establishing Clermont in L1 in season 3 is still very good.

Yes, it is. Considering the lack of money and quality of the players, we have been lucky but in some areas we are actually good.

The biggest revelation is the fact that Adrian Grbic is a really good Striker. I would never have heard of him if it wasn't for this save.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: February 2022

CLqwDi.jpg

February was going to be busy with 6 fixtures but Bernard was hoping to continue the recent good play.

The first match of the month was against Guingamp... they were relegation candidates, but lately any trip to Brittany was tough.

CXArBq.jpg

The Analytics...

c2O8Vl.jpg

The match was even with us having an upper hand...

YQz9Lu.jpg

until LB Umas was sent off for bad tackle. Berthomier moved from AMC to LB. We remained dangerous but a little luck on set pieces eluded us.

The next match against Rennes was winnable ....

LHgPxl.jpg

according to Analytics.

The game started with an early goal by Rennes..

3eD6cU.jpg

Grbic was able to equalize with a penalty in the 80th minute. Another game of no one but Grbic scoring.

The next match was OGC Nice in the Coupe de France Quarterfinals...Bernard had decided to play a strong team in the Cup because it was Clermont's best hope for a return to European Football.

bNeflV.jpg

The Analytics said it was winnable.

The bookies weren't so sure...

bNeflV.jpg

The game started well with 2 early goals by Grbic and Umas...

kFZeO3.jpg

The game was dominated by us and their late goal was undeserved. N'Diaye got seriously injured during the game. He hasn't gotten going this year do to injuries but he will be missed.

We are rewarded with a home game for the Semi-Finals!

9d9cnJ.jpg

It is against Brest but they are beatable...

Two days later the team played RC Lens....

BRTNyv.jpg

it was a dismal bore. Neither team really threatened the others goal.

The Media are bemoaning our poor luck...

tbDNM1.jpg

4 draws out of 5 means We are doing our best.

We had a home game against Amiens who was riding high in the League table....

Bernard thought it was winnable and it was a 2-1 Victory for the home Team!

(I forgot screenshots)

The Next Game was against one of two boogeymen OL!

B4nQCR.jpg

Analytics thought a 4-1-4-1Wide would help.

The Bookies thought it would be a blowout...

ku1lKB.jpg

IN OTHER NEWS: We Get Celtic in Euro Cup

d1IUXA.jpg

It is pretty funny that we are higher seeds than Scotland's Champion.

The Team had other ideas about the OL Match...

YV6Llf.jpg

It was a game where the defense and our Loanee GK played Magnificently! We were toothless in front of goal. Grbic was marked by 3 players at all times.

As it was the last match played in February....

We have to hype up the First Match of March that happens on the First!

IdlgT1.jpg

League Table and Team Stats

S9H0GB.jpg

Player of the Month

ADRIAN GRBIC

5V4CkP.jpg

nWSTd5.jpg

Adrian has been leading us by example and his 17 League goals are second to Harry Kane of PSG and keeping us midtable in Ligue1!

CSNyle.jpg

Manager Report

OIc34g.jpg

wPHuMj.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by Hootieleece
added words I forgot

Just now, karanhsingh said:

Solid progress. Grbic still doing the business! Is there any transfer interest in him?

Standard was interested, but Grbic came for a new contract. I obliged. He will start a new Contract at end of season.

Our New Young CM Nael Jaby, KAA Ghent? offered $19M for him, Board accepted, I protested. I offered new contract for end of season he also accepted.

Some old heads are going to lose jobs...

PS. The $19M was hard to pass up but I wanted to get younger and he was homegrown at club. (I have to register U21 players to get 4 players for Euro Cup)

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

Standard was interested, but Grbic came for a new contract. I obliged. He will start a new Contract at end of season.

Our New Young CM Nael Jaby, KAA Ghent? offered $19M for him, Board accepted, I protested. I offered new contract for end of season he also accepted.

Some old heads are going to lose jobs...

PS. The $19M was hard to pass up but I wanted to get younger and he was homegrown at club. (I have to register U21 players to get 4 players for Euro Cup)

I just realized I actually have Nael Jaby at the club! My HOYD spotted & signed him for us. However he hasn't progressed much and is currently on loan at Niort in Ligue 2. Only valued at 250k.

2 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

I just realized I actually have Nael Jaby at the club! My HOYD spotted & signed him for us. However he hasn't progressed much and is currently on loan at Niort in Ligue 2. Only valued at 250k.

He has taken over as my First Team DLP and is forcing Bethomier to the bench. He has gotten a lot of playing time the past three seasons, Was becoming first choice about Christmas. Only problem is injuries and he doesn't have all the ppm's I like yet.

I will add him to a Clermont Update.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: March 2022

7u5FJC.jpg

March has 6 matches evenly split between Cup duty and Ligue1 Fixtures. The Coupe de France has become Bernard's Obsession.

The opening day of the month gave us a home game against Stade Brestois 29. We had a sellout crowd.

XDVn2L.jpg

The game started well with a header by Grbic playing as Right Winger. Diasi soon followed and Brest didn't put up much of a fight.

Nael Jaby was player of the match for assisting on both goals!

ZGULnc.jpg

Our Sellout Crowd set a gate receipt record...

xct9EL.jpg

and for our troubles we are meeting OM in the Final!

alk4BQ.jpg

After the victory we had to return to the grindstone that is Ligue1. We had Dijon FCO visiting...

s48utO.jpg

The Analytics boys had their take on the game.

and the Bookmakers thought we would win...

d36Adz.jpg

The game was definitely winnable....

u3Sn1n.jpg

We started badly but worked hard to turn things around Grbic Scored Twice then Umas lost his mind. We continued with 10 men and had chances to win.

The press was impressed with our record even though Bernard would have loved to have a few more wins.

6DXZfs.jpg

We followed up that tie with a trip to Scotland to play Celtic. Bernard wasn't sure we were ready to play a Championship team.

d0CUH9.jpg

The Boys did him proud even if Danny Wellbeck did his best to ruin our day.

A tricky trip to Nice followed but the team was up for it...no matter what the press said...

B7tjJI.jpg

The effort in Scotland really took it out them....we started badly....

FUCqPu.jpg

We played hard Nael Jaby scored but in all Nice was the better team.

We had the return tie in the Euro Cup after our Tie in the first Match I thought we had the advantage....

c1drM8.jpg

The match was an even contest with each side having chances but the goalies were too good.

We made the Euro Cup Quarterfinals!

T11Pfo.jpg

The last match of the month was a home match against "Big Brother" AS St. Etienne!

We were playing decently and if we could score a goal or two we would be in good shape.

The gamblers agreed...

W24PZZ.jpg

The Analytics boys loved the 4-2-3-1 Wide...

lfLhZO.jpg

The setting was set...

yVT5Gm.jpg

The game was a bore draw...and Grbic summed up the day by missing a penalty!

After that match was International Break.

The Club was busy we had the youth play in game.

wW6XDF.jpg

and this is the best prospect...

mxBKS2.jpg

gwFjXQ.jpg

Player of the Month

Nael Jaby

Kx2u6M.jpg

Nael Jaby has solidified his place in the Central Midfield.

He was wanted by Belgian Clubs KAA Gent and KRC Genk and the Club was offered $19M for him. The Club refused after Bernard's protest.

So Jaby signed a 4 year Contract that starts at the end of the season.

Management Report

6tM0MT.jpg

n7MgVR.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

8 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

He has taken over as my First Team DLP and is forcing Bethomier to the bench. He has gotten a lot of playing time the past three seasons, Was becoming first choice about Christmas. Only problem is injuries and he doesn't have all the ppm's I like yet.

I will add him to a Clermont Update.

He seems to be performing very well for you indeed. Maybe I should look to use him next season. 

Good progress and particularly in Europe! Best of luck for the next tie  

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

He seems to be performing very well for you indeed. Maybe I should look to use him next season. 

Good progress and particularly in Europe! Best of luck for the next tie  

Nael Jaby has been on the verge of the breakthrough during this whole save. His only real problem is injury trouble. Which probably slowed down his playing time and development.

2 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Your prospect with his high determination could be a great prospect if he's nurtured well. I'd try and get his work rate up a bit and maybe look to introduce him in a cup game in a couple of years. Great work in the Europa League too!

That is the plan but hopefully no other team comes in and offers for him before he signs a contract. I had another highly rated prospect bought from my team for $700K and is now out for loan from OM. He is rated as 86 by my scout at 17!

That is the plan but hopefully no other team comes in and offers for him before he signs a contract. I had another highly rated prospect bought from my team for $700K and is now out for loan from OM. He is rated as 86 by my scout at 17!

I find if you are trying to sell youth on, even giving them one full season around the first team drastically increases their value and what other clubs are willing to offer for them. 

NawFaH.png

April was going to be difficult. 8 fixtures in 28 days. 9 in 30 if you count a May 1rst match as well. Bernard decided he would rotate the squad as much as possible.

XNUqMT.jpg

The month opened with a match against Lille. The Bookies made us favorites...

qYABxL.jpg

but Bernard wasn't sure...

FEeRtf.jpg

The team snakebitten attack continued.

media was getting in on it again...

h5EjL7.jpg

We had a trip to Portugal for a tough Quarterfinal match with SLB!
EXEInO.jpg

The team was rotated and many backups played since our Ligue position wasn't assured. Bernard was delighted that the 4-1-4-1 Wide worked well.

The weekend was to bring a Ligue1 match that winning would protect us from Relegation.

zNG0fi.jpg

Bernard decided to stick with the 4-1-4-1 Wide but put the First Team in...

HSLhzM.jpg

Overall we played well but just couldn't convert and they scored a lucky goal.

The Media piled on our misery...

bYIAOa.jpg

But we had another fixture coming up the return fixture against SLB...

We had played well against them in the first fixture...

ksDd4i.jpg

So Bernard played a half rotated squad. Adrian Grbic came through an won the game.

And to reward us for our famous victory...

cdqLw1.jpg

We get to play ARSENAL!

We didn't have much time to rest on our laurels because we were facing the Galactic Empire of PSG.

Their Projected Lineup.

G1Z7nj.jpg

Their was no way we were going to win...so Bernard rested Key Starters.

w8mQK5.jpg

We played well but couldn't cope with the Quality of PSG's Players.

Especially Camavinga!

After that game we had another against Nimes...They were playing well but the game but it was winnable.

jeOr2f.jpg

The analytics boys didn't give us a chance...

96eeoh.jpg

We played well but went down early....

vIGNMr.jpg

and were saved by super-sub Berthomier!

We now had to get ready for a Historic Coupe de France Match for the Club....

OhC3wA.jpg

Hx3N5M.jpg

grt0ED.jpg

The Cards were stacked against us but we weren't playing PSG!

ROoRca.jpg

It was a see saw affair....both sides had chances but we scored the last one!

VICTORY! 

AlC1df.jpg

All the members of the team contributed...

9lMU41.jpg

Clairvaux accepts plaudits from fans...

3kJPsP.jpg

Most importantly Clermont qualifies for Euro Cup Group Stage....

cxYEaq.jpg

Clermont Team of the Cup Season....

KdCJtJ.jpg

After our success back down to earth...we had a match against Arsenal...

fQAlkS.jpg

The analytics boys thoughts....we might want to continue using the 4-1-4-1 Wide!

GXGn54.jpg

Grbic opened the scoring only to be answered by Lacaszette 2 minutes later. Then the game devolved into missed chances for each side. We gratefully will take the Tie.

That is the last match of the month but we have an important Ligue1 match against OM that will be looking for revenge in three days,

Sl3yxy.jpg

qHwJF2.jpg

Player of the Month

Brandon Baiye

FRnE7V.jpg

Brandon like Nael Jaby has worked his way to a starting Midfield position over the past 3 seasons.

He is a defensively minded Box to Box midfielder  and pairs well with Jaby.

Management Report

jYY5k2.jpg

uAStqC.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Wow, just one league win since January - and that was some time ago!

But, a French Cup win over OM and a fantastic adventure in Europe is way more important (and exciting) as you are in no relegation danger. It's like you can turn it on and off like a tap, perhaps you should have been managing Evian instead of Clermont :lol:

57 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Wow, just one league win since January - and that was some time ago!

But, a French Cup win over OM and a fantastic adventure in Europe is way more important (and exciting) as you are in no relegation danger. It's like you can turn it on and off like a tap, perhaps you should have been managing Evian instead of Clermont :lol:

I'm beginning to think our luck just evolved....in Ligue1 we can't score to save our lives. In Coupe de France and Euro Cup we get the important goals...somehow. Coupe de France was great...We were lucky that we didn't play PSG! Even so it was a long 20 minutes as OM threw everything at us to tie or win!.

37 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

incredible achievement winning the Coupe de France. Well done!

More Luck than good...we played well but we were lucky it wasn't PSG or OL as the opponents.

Also We are not safe yet....we need 1 point...

25 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Great cup win ! You'll grow now with the EL money and experience.

I got Euro Cup this season....so the money helped. I needed the Cup win to get it again because our Ligue1 form was/is terrible and we are still not mathematically safe from relegation.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: May 2022

pGLoRI.jpg

The month of May brings 5 fixtures. 4 in Ligue1 and the second leg of the Euro Cup Semi-Final.

Bernard was near wits end to stop the slide in the League.

He would play the best team possible and hope for the best. All the League games were winnable...the 2nd leg against Arsenal was tricky.

The month started off with OM who we defeated the week before in Coupe de France.

u24XQ4.jpg

The rematch was just unlucky...the poor run continues.

The 2nd Leg against Arsenal awaited...

The analytics guys gave us nothing....

xbVyK2.jpg

We were blown  away from the beginning....

LZ9N8w.jpg

Victor Fischer led their line with 3 goals...

Two days later we faced Rheims...with Survival assured with a point...

LZ9N8w.jpg

We survived but would have been a winner with a little luck.

sDPX3L.jpg

Our next game against Toulouse was winnable but they could assure themselves safety with a win...

9AfTdS.jpg

FoLFVS.jpg

For 80 minutes we peppered the Toulouse Goalie and finally scored with a penalty...

tsejqF.jpg

during the final 10 minutes Toulouse played with 10 Messi's! We lost.

The Final game of the season was away versus Strasbourg. They were already relegated.

pP2yGk.jpg

We finally won due to a hat trick by Grbic!

It was a long 3 month wait between League wins...the previous win was 2/20/2022!

9RWqnY.jpg

Season Awards

oAkC5R.jpg

NoP7Zk.jpg

5At6p9.jpg

Berthomier was the fan's player of the season. The captain played super -sub off the bench.

Nael Jaby was the young player of the year.

Players of the Year

Adrian Grbic

AYwblE.jpg

The Striker Personally Kept us in Ligue1 with his scoring. 22 goals League goals in 34 Starts!

Nael Jaby

b5cCTm.jpg

The young player led the team in Avg. Rating and POM's

Teams Stats

jQf7r1.jpg

Team sorted by appearances....Grbic leads by example.

7eDULY.jpg

Grbic's 22 Goals in Ligue 2nd only to Harry Kane!

lGRTtr.jpg

TikiTaka rules possession. Clermont at Top.

Miscellaneous

Our two players of the year both sign extensions

I9LXrN.jpg

ljNCw8.jpg

and the Board finally give us a real budget!

H8qtx7.jpg

Other Records

bxlgK0.jpg

HvPyUU.jpg

Thanks for Reading

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Good end to the season there - hopefully you can kick on next year and use that transfer budget well. 

I will spend but for only the right players.

I will probably buy our new Loanee goalie.  I put in a $1.5M optional fee in his loan contract.

The most Urgent need is a Winger or Inside Forward who can score...

8 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I will spend but for only the right players.

I will probably buy our new Loanee goalie.  I put in a $1.5M optional fee in his loan contract.

The most Urgent need is a Winger or Inside Forward who can score...

Check out Lihadji for the inside forward

NawFaH.png

Silly Season: May-June 2022

Bernard's plans for the offseason included strengthening the Squad. He wanted a true goal scoring Attacking Midfielder and to sign Hiller as the long term option in goal. He was also going to look for a quality backup. 

He was determined to not spend all of the transfer money on one player and would look for bargains and players to develop. 

The offseason began with a strange call...

C7q8h5.jpg

The Media said great things about our Euro Cup run!

Jy2pjq.jpg

May Management Report

WTtlHd.jpg

zoY1hO.jpg

Silly Season Continued

3 players were signed during the Restrictive Transfer Period from other French Clubs

6HgMqM.jpg

Irvin Cardona played well against us....and We hope will fill the need at L Inverted Winger/Inside Forward

6SQAXe.jpg

Maktare Gyere is a project and will fight David Gomis and NDiaye for the Backup R. Winger role.

A3o4dq.jpg

Letan is another project who went straight to Clermont2

Adrian Grbic was rated as the 2nd best Striker in Europe!

O0c6W3.jpg

Commercial News was good...

77swns.jpg

Clermont made the biggest ranking move in all of Europe!

CCF6Qt.jpg

The Ligue1 Review

B8FiCf.jpg

All PSG all the time...

Preseason started a little early...

eMnWIg.jpg

We need it because we play PSG in a Month!

d413mU.jpg

Transfers

xlk1to.jpg

Said Arab

nXOKHB.jpg

Coveted Player brought in to be new AMC!

Titas Krakitas

9m5ozW.jpg

another Goalie to compete for time in Goal.

Simon Stehle

huJb2G.jpg

Young German Winger to replace N'Diaye on the Right

June Financial Report

vxAa3l.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

In the end, you survived comfortably in the league. Next season should be a very exciting one for you, and the signings seem to be modest, low-risk types that should suit your style. Grbic has really done a great job for you in these years, it's been nice to see you make him a top player.

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

In the end, you survived comfortably in the league. Next season should be a very exciting one for you, and the signings seem to be modest, low-risk types that should suit your style. Grbic has really done a great job for you in these years, it's been nice to see you make him a top player.

The League was less comfortable than I liked. Not Winning for 3 months does that. As for signings I thought hard about making a big splash signing, but decided it would be better to spend modestly because the team isn't really ready to be a mid-table team. I realized even with the budget I had one player wouldn't make a true difference. For that I would need a lot more transfer money.

2 hours ago, B.W.G said:

It was a very good season overall,you survived easily,had a good run in Europe and won the French Cup,I'm pretty jealous of that last one :D 

Really got lucky in the French Cup...some how PSG lost. I believe my team of underdogs can win on any given day....except PSG. 

6 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Very good job and glad you have got Said Arab in! He seems to be quite popular suddenly around these parts :) look forward to seeing how he gets on for you. 

Said Arab was on the transfer radar from almost the first scouting meeting. We waited until we could get him on a free. AI Red Star didn't extend him....and we gave him a End of Contract Deal in January...by then we were Ligue1.

The only thing with him is I wish he was better at set-pieces.

NawFaH.png

PreSeason: July 2022

vXWych.jpg

Bernard and the team would be busy playing many matches to integrate the new players into the team's TikiTaka style.

Included in this preseason was a Training Camp in the United States. We would play matches against varied teams so as to test our ability and to raise our cohesion.

The last match of the Preseason is the Trophee de Championes against PSG! That is an ultimate test.

The Preseason odds were out...

OZM7cL.jpg

We were better than last season but have a way to go before we are comfortable as a Ligue1 team.

We played many matches but the first real test of the preseason was a home match versus Valencia....

2RPYqL.jpg

The Analytics are not sure....

In other News Adrian Grbic is one of the favorites for Top Goal Scorer!

UiJcgI.jpg

The Valencia game was very even ....

tTSW1k.jpg

but the team fell to a late defeat.

The last game before PSG was against Club Brugge

IsJFJQ.jpg

It was another even game...

IsJFJQ.jpg

Then 3 goals were scored after the 85th minute and We came from behind to win.

PSG have added even more Star power to their lineup.

VcFs6C.jpg

Pogba and Camavinga in the Central Midfield with Mbappe and Kane leading the line....This team will score 5 goals a game!

The Trophee des Championes Match came....

VcFs6C.jpg

It went as expected...we were outgunned but I am happy to put 2 on the board.

Management Report

uxS5mr.jpg

xYBonc.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

You must have enjoyed the US tour! PSG are insane, but the rest of the preparation was good.

By the way, I was reading today that Lorient are being linked with Grbic in real life at the moment (so he'll be a Ligue 1 player for next season if it happens). 

45 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You must have enjoyed the US tour! PSG are insane, but the rest of the preparation was good.

By the way, I was reading today that Lorient are being linked with Grbic in real life at the moment (so he'll be a Ligue 1 player for next season if it happens). 

The US Tour wasn't bad played an MLS Team and Lower League Team. The NY Cosmos, at one time in the 1970's they were the best American Soccer team Pele played for them!

PSG in my save is invincible. I haven't paid attention to Champion's League, but they must be losing because every season they hire another top star player to actually upgrade the team.

Grbic has been a surprise...His attributes don't scream great Striker but obviously he has some talent.