Unbelieveable strikerless storm: Blue Blood Sword(Scored highest 20 points in FMbase test)

******This tactic is made by Beckham1990 and firstly submitted on Playgm forum, I'm happy to be authorized to submit here******

Original thread(in Chinese):

http://www.playgm.cc/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=927346&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D509

FMbase thread:

https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/wufeng-swords.239/

Test results (Scored the highest 20 points):

https://fm-base.co.uk/tactic-testing/

Formation picture:

2008909068_K9ZBUPWB3UEER@JRAPS.thumb.png.affd2258739694d20ff9e77171692da9.png

Some highlight of this tactic:

1. Very solid in defence, thus perform very well in away games.

2. Enjoyable In-game scene and diversifiled ways of scoring (though FMbase test do not watch 3D in-game play, the tactic creator strongly suggests you guys play by your self rather than holiday or use instant results)

3. Great teamwork so that everyone can score and assist. On the other hand, it will need more time to maximize the power. So please stay using it in the beginning, even it may not perform very OP in the first few matches.

4. Effective corner setup (Enlightened by TFF. Please chooose CBs with 190cm+ and high jump attributes)

5. Half plug-in-play tactic. You won't need to change a lot, but you should follow some easy adjustments below to strengthen the defence and attack:

***Corners:
DL takes right corner, DR takes left corner (Beckham1990 use this setup to polish DL/DR's assists stats. I use left foot player with high corner attributes to take right corner, vice versa.)

***PIs:(This is why we suggest you play every game by youself. You can set below setups by clicking player in tactic screen ---- Instruction-----mark specific player/position):
If the opponents have 1 DM in formation (like 41221), you won't need to change the AMC mark setup.

If the opponents have no AMC but only 1 striker (like 41221), use your libero to mark that single  striker.

If the opponents have no DM (like 4231 442), use the AMC to mark the closest MC (If you use skins like FMnations that can show the duties of opponent players, it is very effective that you use AMC to mark opponents' deep lying MC playmaker like DLP/RPM/RGA )

If the opponents have more than 1 DM, use the AMC to mark the one with playmaker attributes: DLP\RGA\RPM\VOL (Skins like FMnations recommended again)

If the opponents use 3 at the back (Like 352), Your two IFs must mark opposing wingback.

If the opponents have MR or ML (like 442), Your two WBs must mark opposing MR and ML.

***OIs:

OI is not necessary, you can add some OI to mark opponents' winger and wingback, and press the playmaker like Debruyne, if you like.

Here are some of my test results with Lazio ( I resign from Valladolid and join Lazio in 2026 and won all 5 champions and unbeaten in 2027, Average CA: 155):

184045881_3I17HXLC7TCCW8L7FC8L6.thumb.png.c35c7ce43ac48c07eae6413787c2ec45.png

975496864_SFFAJNUU0J5SC66OY8E.thumb.png.14e3082f0d5a91bacc8821b9c20777f3.png

1821309282_UPCUMN_P421)LMI2C7QC.thumb.png.2ff676bafead9aa4f6f81cf634d67d42.png

Note:

1. Even I test Blue Blood Sword with a subtop team. Beckham1990 build this tactic on underdog team like Norwich and make the to the champion league. So feel free to test it with underdogs.

2. I play every game by myself and I drop the tempo of this tactic to "higher" for I have a Subtop squad and want more stability, which is different from the original tactic.

3. You can change the mentality to defence as a SUS tactic in the last few minutes.

***Player recommendation:

This tactic is built on Norwich so you don't need very expensive players. But as you upgrade your squad, you can pay attention to following features:

1. >2 tall CBs. Beckham1990 recommend CBs with great airborne ability to make the best use of corner. Make sure your best two bomber stands near the front pillar during corner.

2. Fast amc/amr/aml with good finishing attributes will be recommended. You can train fast stiker into those positions. If the AMC is 180cm+ and can do basic airborne attack, that will be awesome. So please spend most of your budget on front 3: AMC/AMR/AML.

Please feel free to test this tactic and leave some feedbacks, your suggestion is highly apperciated!

Blue Blood Sword.fmf

2 hours ago, yuchd said:

5. Half plug-in-play tactic. You won't need to change a lot, but you should follow some easy adjustments below to strengthen the defence and attack:

What adjustments would you follow to change this tactic defensively or more attacking-minded?

Edited by VEGETA

3 hours ago, VEGETA said:

What adjustments would you follow to change this tactic defensively or more attacking-minded?

Most adjustments are listed above, including corner, PI and OIs.

I didn't face many situations that requires me to change mentality often (I use attack mentality 99% of the time except last 5 minutes and you can see the defence outcomes: only conceded 13 goals in 38 league games).

But there are some small adjustments you can try. Like lower tempo by 1 notch if you found your players frequently passing to opponents and lead to AI counter. Change into Defence mentality in the last few minutes.

For delicate adjustments you can read this thread, it may works. But I still recommend staying with the original tactics for at least half of the season and see whether the original setup suits you or not:

1 hour ago, xplode7 said:

IFs left side left footed,right side right footed?

Beckham1990 says it doesn't matter. For this tactic encourages IFs to show their creativity, and you can see IFs influence the game in multiple ways they want: crossing, cut inside, or halt and wait for WBs' or MCs' running up, etc. Just like Pep Guadiora's idea: Tactic is more about organizing balls to the "30 meters area" in front of the opponent's gate. But within the "30 meters area", players have their freedom to show their creativity.

I use inverted foot players and they performs well.

Plugged it in for one game and I have to say set pieces look very powerful. Hat trick for the Libero from two corners and a throw in :D. Will give it a go for a full season, hopefully the AMC will score some!

14 hours ago, yuchd said:

******This tactic is made by Beckham1990 and firstly submitted on Playgm forum, I'm happy to be authorized to submit here******

Original thread(in Chinese):

http://www.playgm.cc/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=927346&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D509

FMbase thread:

https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/wufeng-swords.239/

Test results (Scored the highest 20 points):

https://fm-base.co.uk/tactic-testing/

Formation picture:

2008909068_K9ZBUPWB3UEER@JRAPS.thumb.png.affd2258739694d20ff9e77171692da9.png

Some highlight of this tactic:

1. Very solid in defence, thus perform very well in away games.

2. Enjoyable In-game scene and diversifiled ways of scoring (though FMbase test do not watch 3D in-game play, the tactic creator strongly suggests you guys play by your self rather than holiday or use instant results)

3. Great teamwork so that everyone can score and assist. On the other hand, it will need more time to maximize the power. So please stay using it in the beginning, even it may not perform very OP in the first few matches.

4. Effective corner setup (Enlightened by TFF. Please chooose CBs with 190cm+ and high jump attributes)

***Corners:
DL takes right corner, DR takes left corner (Beckham1990 use this setup to polish DL/DR's assists stats. I use left foot player with high corner attributes to take right corner, vice versa.)

***PIs:(This is why we suggest you play every game by youself. You can set below setups by clicking player in tactic screen ---- Instruction-----mark specific player/position):
If the opponents have 1 DM in formation (like 41221), you won't need to change the AMC mark setup.

If the opponents have no AMC but only 1 striker (like 41221), use your libero to mark that single  striker.

If the opponents have no DM (like 4231 ), use the AMC to mark the closest MC (If you use skins like FMnations that can show the duties of opponent players, it is very effective that you use AMC to mark opponents' MC playmaker like DLP/RPM/RGA )

If the opponents have more than 1 DM, use the AMC to mark the one with playmaker attributes: DLP\RGA\RPM\VOL (Skins like FMnations recommended again)

If the opponents use 3 at the back (Like 352), Your two IFs must mark opposing wingback.

If the opponents have MR or ML (like 442), Your two WBs must mark opposing MR and ML.

***OIs:

OI is not necessary, you can add some OI to mark opponents' winger and wingback, and press the playmaker like Debruyne, if you like.

Here are some of my test results with Lazio ( I resign from Valladolid and join Lazio in 2026 and won all 5 champions and unbeaten in 2027, Average CA: 155):

184045881_3I17HXLC7TCCW8L7FC8L6.thumb.png.c35c7ce43ac48c07eae6413787c2ec45.png

975496864_SFFAJNUU0J5SC66OY8E.thumb.png.14e3082f0d5a91bacc8821b9c20777f3.png

1821309282_UPCUMN_P421)LMI2C7QC.thumb.png.2ff676bafead9aa4f6f81cf634d67d42.png

Note:

1. Even I test Blue Blood Sword with a subtop team. Beckham1990 build this tactic on underdog team like Norwich and make the to the champion league. So feel free to test it with underdogs.

2. I play every game by myself and I drop the tempo of this tactic to "higher" for I have a Subtop squad and want more stability, which is different from the original tactic.

3. You can change the mentality to defence as a SUS tactic in the last few minutes.

4. Besides 3 high CBs, fast amc/amr/aml with good finishing attributes will be recommended. You can train fast stiker into those positions.

Please feel free to test this tactic and leave some feedbacks, your suggestion is highly apperciated!

Blue Blood Sword.fmf 43.77 kB · 103 downloads

Very detailed and good OP.

Been doing great, winning a lot of matches without conceding goal.....

4 hours ago, vitoco77 said:

What if the opposition getting a lot of middle through ball and getting lots of 1 on 1 vs my keeper?

What should be changed in the tac to avoid that?

This may happen during the first few games or with new squad, if you are in this situation you can stay for another 10 games and see what comes next. My experience is that this 3 backs is very powerful against through balls.

But overhead through ball is so favorable in this version of ME, so if you meet this problem after adaptation period, try following tweaks:

1. Please make sure you follow those PI instructions in the main thread.

2. If the one who rip your middle defence is the striker, drop defence line by 1 notch.

3. If the one who rip your middle defence is the middilefield (BBM/MEZ), use OI and set mark against him.

4 minutes ago, CarlosEsDios said:

OK I will give this a go.

When you say DL takes corners, you mean the WBs yes?  Just for clarity you may wish to change that.

Yes, that's Beckham1990's setup. But I use my left footed MC to take right corner, and right footed AML to take left corner. Just make sure to arrange 3 tall CB are around the front pillar.

2 minutes ago, crby1983 said:

What if the opposition is playing 1 DM, 2 CM's and 2 strikers? 

Easy, don't change PI, just use the original one.

Just notice AI will change formation in certain phase of a game.

33 minutes ago, crby1983 said:

@Danwolf what skin is that on your screenshot? Does is show the roles of the opp players?

I use YACS but I messed with the tactical panel to get the texture.

Scout reports will show you their roles though more often than not but no, I won';t see the opposition roles if I go to a different team and press tactics (can't remember if it does on a clean version of YACS though).

image.thumb.png.b97f5e82efea4b4e78108d0f9b293f6d.png

Well... Month of January has been and gone.  P8 W7 D0 L1.

My loss at Valencia included a straight red for the WBR after 14 minutes and even though I battled bravely, I eventually succumbed.

I reached Europa league last year with Mallorca and will do again this year.  I just find it too hard to get into the holy grail (i.e. the Champions League). 

Tactic working well so far.  Thank you.

BTW, do you do the staff briefings yourself, or leave it to the AM?

Football Manager 2020 2020-01-01 00.34.59.jpg

31 minutes ago, CarlosEsDios said:

Well... Month of January has been and gone.  P8 W7 D0 L1.

My loss at Valencia included a straight red for the WBR after 14 minutes and even though I battled bravely, I eventually succumbed.

I reached Europa league last year with Mallorca and will do again this year.  I just find it too hard to get into the holy grail (i.e. the Champions League). 

Tactic working well so far.  Thank you.

BTW, do you do the staff briefings yourself, or leave it to the AM?

Football Manager 2020 2020-01-01 00.34.59.jpg

Usually I don't use staff briefing and jump this process haha, bad habit from old version.

6 hours ago, Danwolf said:

Thanks to Perkunos (and of course the og author Beckham1990), there is now a three libero edition of the tactic for some shenanigans.

Edit - I goofed the first time - correct .fmf uploaded.

Thanks, Danwolf.

But will 3 libero confront more throughball problems in test? Originally 2 BPD-Co is to cover the back of the middle libero.

30 minutes ago, yuchd said:

Thanks, Danwolf.

But will 3 libero confront more throughball problems in test? Originally 2 BPD-Co is to cover the back of the middle libero.

Out of position, Libero's kinda operate as a sweeper to theoratical it should work, if not it should at least to more goals and some even more entertaining football.

22 minutes ago, CarlosEsDios said:

Quick question - how do you choose a certain player to mark an opposition player?

I normally just click on the bit in the circle i highlighted but that just says about generally marking tightly, not a specific player.

Football Manager 2020 2020-01-01 01.20.57.jpg

Not via the OIs but via the player instructions.

23 minutes ago, Sith Lord said:

Really intreged by this so going to give it try.  Are the PI's essential or can it be used successfully without?

It's quite PI focused, they're all listed on the FM Base thead with what to change on a per-game basis

8 minutes ago, Danwolf said:

It's quite PI focused, they're all listed on the FM Base thead with what to change on a per-game basis

Great thanks.  This is a really stupid question as I have played this game for years but where are the player instructions found?  Can see the opposition instrctions but they are different aren't they.

37 minutes ago, Sith Lord said:

Great thanks.  This is a really stupid question as I have played this game for years but where are the player instructions found?  Can see the opposition instrctions but they are different aren't they.

No such thing as a stupid question, and I'll edit the FM Base thread later with a pic showing how to.
On the tactics screen, click the player, then click edit under instructions. You'll then get the player instructions, example below (this is for a different tactic)

image.thumb.png.450cad8687a2decfaad174611c287826.png

5 hours ago, Sith Lord said:

Really intreged by this so going to give it try.  Are the PI's essential or can it be used successfully without?

The original tactic already have default PIs. But based on Beckham1990 and my experience, use those PI adjustments in main thread will be more powerful especially in defence.

One of the keypoints of strikerless formations is resemble to Netherland's Total Football idea: You can see everyone is evolved deeply in defence. Those PIs are set to strengthen this feature, and destroy the opponent's playmaker.

4 hours ago, Smiza said:

What should I do if I face a regular 442? Should the Libero still mark a Striker?

You don't need to change libero's PI against 442. But  pay attention to PIs of AMC and WBs.

Already in the main thread:

" If the opponents have MR or ML (like 442), Your two WBs must mark opposing MR and ML. "

and

" If the opponents have no DM (like 4231 442), use the AMC to mark the closest dropping down MC (If you use skins like FMnations that can show the duties of opponent players, it is very effective that you use AMC to mark opponents' deep lying MC playmaker like DLP/RPM/RGA) "

44 minutes ago, yuchd said:

You don't need to change libero's PI against 442. But  pay attention to PIs of AMC and WBs.

Already in the main thread:

" If the opponents have MR or ML (like 442), Your two WBs must mark opposing MR and ML. "

and

" If the opponents have no DM (like 4231 442), use the AMC to mark the closest dropping down MC (If you use skins like FMnations that can show the duties of opponent players, it is very effective that you use AMC to mark opponents' deep lying MC playmaker like DLP/RPM/RGA) "

Quick question - do you know what's happening with Beckham's thread on PlayGM? Seems to have removed the other two tactics he had there.

1 hour ago, CarlosEsDios said:

Sorry - I'm still not sure how to specifically choose my LIBERO to mark the ST.  Someone point me in right direction step by step cheers

Edit the player instruction to mark the specific position needed. Just updated the FM Base thread with images :)

7 hours ago, Danwolf said:

Quick question - do you know what's happening with Beckham's thread on PlayGM? Seems to have removed the other two tactics he had there.

Beckham is now editing those two tactics on his stream, he thinks they are not so effective as Blue Blood so he remove them by himself. (although I think is good enough haha)

BTW, do you have any idea about the registration of FMbase account? I cannot see the CAPTCHA after changing many browsers.

17 minutes ago, yuchd said:

Beckham is now editing those two tactics on his stream, he thinks they are not so effective as Blue Blood so he remove them by himself. (although I think is good enough haha)

BTW, do you have any idea about the registration of FMbase account? I cannot see the CAPTCHA after changing many browsers.

Yeah the first still performed pretty well in the tests! The captcha is pretty generic. Sometimes it can be a bit buggy (probably due to your location and if you're using a VPN, can probably get around it with a few refreshes. @FM Base should be able to offer more support if not.

Oh and do you have a link to the stream?

2 hours ago, Danwolf said:

Yeah the first still performed pretty well in the tests! The captcha is pretty generic. Sometimes it can be a bit buggy (probably due to your location and if you're using a VPN, can probably get around it with a few refreshes. @FM Base should be able to offer more support if not.

Oh and do you have a link to the stream?

https://www.douyu.com/1349351

need to understand Chinese, or translator haha

1 hour ago, tripoligate4 said:

good stuff mate, i have only one question tho. do the corner set up works well?  did u tweaked about dl/rl or something, let me know ty in advance

It works very well, at least for me and tactic builder.

This tactic is flexible for tweak. My Lazio lose 1-2 to Bayern at home because of two overhead through ball. So I drop the DL by 1 notch,and win 3-1 against Bayern in the next away game.

6 hours ago, FM Base said:

The three libero edition scored very highly too. 

Overall: 18

Sub-top: 20

Underdog: 15

Goob job! It seems that 3 Liberos have better GF/GA ratio, but not so excellent in underdog teams, may due to AI's through balls against two side liberos.

Although instant result from testing league is amazing enough, to get better GF/GA ratio, I still suggest follow the PI adjustments in the main thread and play in game. You can see how AI change their formation in game and use those strategies to break them down.

Edited by yuchd

Using a modified version of this with Arsenal. Had to switch the AM to a CF as the front 3 were beginning to get very ineffective, especially against a side who played with 2 DMs. The corners I've slightly changed from in swinging balls to out swinging ie swapping the full backs around, score goals for fun now. Thanks for this 👍

Tried the tactic with 28 games to go in the prem with Villa and really struggled to find any consistency. Style of football not great, heavily reliant on wing backs and AM is pretty much redundant. My top scorer only managed 10 goals. Media prediction was 9 and i finished 11th. Might be better with a top dog team. Looked great and appreciate the effort, the struggle for consistency continues.

I would post screen shots but i dont know how to take them and then add to the posts.:seagull:

Edited by trickyrikki

For me it's the best overachieving  tactic around, at least in thus ME...i tried every tactic on this forum and all the testing sites

For example i created the lowest rep manager and took a team from the romanian second league (metaloglobus), media 14 or something like that :

1. Promoted comfortably to first league by finishing first in the 1st seaseon

2. Finished 3rd in the second season while just being promoted 

3. Won the first league in the 3rd season managing it

All this with only very poor players signing only free from contract and free newgens

Thanks to beckham1990 for creating it and to yuchd for sharing it