FM20 Tactics by TFF

7 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

Has anyone on this thread gone the whole season unbeaten yet? like the whole season not just in the league, would be interesting to see the tactics used for it

Not yet! Last season one defeat in the league and one in Europe. But I have improved the squad again. Got Troy Parrott and Sergio Aguero. So maybe this season! 😅

Edited by StewG

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Il 12/4/2020 in 02:35 , iwin89god ha scritto:

i'm in 2028/2029 with blyth spartans, last season 2027/2028 tweak the tactic after a defeat against Liverpool 29th october, after that didn't lose any match in premier and won it with 101 points (with 3 or 4 games draw  leaving to the assistant with second line formation) only 16 goals conceded, won the fa cup, lost against chelsea in the semi-finals champions league (unlucky match) 3-1 away and won 1-0 home, in carabao out with penalties, the most good thing are the clean sheet with this formation, the opponent finish with zero shot on target very often.. the team is strong but with a medium age of only 22,5 y.o. so i think is a very good achievement

Is quite important that the 2 AMC had good shooting from distance, but the player that score more is the forward, 48 matches 48 goals for me, then the 2 wingers and the AMC, for the other things is the same as TFF says in his tactic post

ps: sorry for my poor english and THANKS to @Totalfootballfan for his awesome tactic

calendario 1.JPG

calendario 2.JPG

calendario 3.JPG

calendario 4 nuova stagione.JPG

classifica.JPG

match city 2.JPG

match city.JPG

This is absolutely solid and balanced.

I've found the light with it.

It worths a try.

33 minutes ago, The_punisher23 said:

hello in case of expulsion what to modify on the cerber v4

Hi,

This:

On 06/04/2020 at 08:51, Totalfootballfan said:

if you are winning and it requires protecting the lead then I suggest removing AMC position and moving MCL position to the MC position

if you are losing and it requires scoring goals then I suggest removing MCL position and moving DM position to MC position

10 minutes ago, vigoncalves86 said:

It´s impossible to get a clean record in FM20? No matter how good my team is, I always lose at least 2 or 3 games per season due to players becoming full *******.

That's called football.

20 minutes ago, vigoncalves86 said:

It´s impossible to get a clean record in FM20? No matter how good my team is, I always lose at least 2 or 3 games per season due to players becoming full *******.

I'd say it depends on the league you play

if you play in the most reputable leagues in the game such EPL or La Liga then it would be very hard to do because there are 3-5 teams in those leagues that will be completely dominated only with 200CA players and getting 200CA players is almost an unachievable task

But if you play in some low reputable league where the average CA of the players in the best teams is 110-120CA then it isn't hard to build a team with 160-170CA players and completely dominate the league

35 minutes ago, alexburns1088 said:

Do any of these tactics work in this latest patch? So far I beg to differ

Overall they do work, but even with my real Madrid side I occasionally get 'fm'd' by the AI

Winning the champs league is near enough impossible and I have only done so once in 4 years and that was by a lucky pen shootout vs Liverpool.

The game is heavily in favour of the AI in this years version I'm afraid.

Edited by Amnesia92

15 hours ago, Amnesia92 said:

Overall they do work, but even with my real Madrid side I occasionally get 'fm'd' by the AI

Winning the champs league is near enough impossible and I have only done so once in 4 years and that was by a lucky pen shootout vs Liverpool.

The game is heavily in favour of the AI in this years version I'm afraid.

wrong I made it in 6 CL finals in a row won three and lost two on penalties, if you have the right players anything can be achieved.

17 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

wrong I made it in 6 CL finals in a row won three and lost two on penalties, if you have the right players anything can be achieved.

That's good going mate, do you watch the game or go only commentary?

Liverpool on my current save have been runners up in the champs league final three years in a row bless them lol.

I'm currently using the camouflageV2 tactic and it's going strong.

Edited by Amnesia92

Im trying to figure out how to achieve great results away from home. At our stadium we win 95% of our games. Away we need some luck. Very often we have to settle for a draw. Do you guys always use the same tactic but maybe change the mentality depending on the opponent? If your team is Liverpool, PSG, Man.City or other world class teams you can go for attack every time I guess and win every game if you are not fm'd. :)

1 hour ago, godofnoobs said:

is there an updated 4-4-2 from you TFF? if not will there maybe be one :)

I think this has been one of the best realistic shapes on this years version, so hopefully he has. Much prefer them over the unrealistic shapes and formations we see people make these days. I did see someone say that the raptor tactic is still working, with some tweaks.

5 hours ago, smithy20 said:

I think this has been one of the best realistic shapes on this years version, so hopefully he has. Much prefer them over the unrealistic shapes and formations we see people make these days. I did see someone say that the raptor tactic is still working, with some tweaks.

i fully agree 

6 ore fa, smithy20 ha scritto:

What tweaks?

On 13/04/2020 at 13:30, delaneytomlinson said:

Has anyone on this thread gone the whole season unbeaten yet? like the whole season not just in the league, would be interesting to see the tactics used for it

hi, I did unbeaten season by using annihalitor v1, dortmund, win all cups, no save/load, no single lose. its awesome. 

On 14/04/2020 at 14:44, Amnesia92 said:

That's good going mate, do you watch the game or go only commentary?

Liverpool on my current save have been runners up in the champs league final three years in a row bless them lol.

I'm currently using the camouflageV2 tactic and it's going strong.

I don't micro manage my team at all mate, when the game is going on i'm usually doing something else on my laptop or watching something on TV, I don't like to look at the screen 24/7.

22 minuti fa, delaneytomlinson ha scritto:

very narrow in possession, I'm unbeaten in 53 games, 6 CL finals in a row 3 wins, 9 league titles in 10 seasons, most points record, most goals scored record, most wins record etc.

Do you train a big or small club? 

57 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

narrow in possession, I'm unbeaten in 53 games, 6 CL finals in a row 3 wins, 9 league titles in 10 seasons, most points record, most goals scored record, most wins record etc.

Is that all you changed mate? Raptor V4 and just to very narrow possession?

Im switching between Raptor and Cerber getting success with both but need to make alterations soon

Found great success with  Cerber 3 and after transitioning to Cerber 4 about three seasons ago, still clicking along. My main issue with Cerber 4 is, while there are plenty of goals for me, barely any from my striker. In a season, my striker is lucky to get 5. Not sure what the issue is and thankfully, the wingers and set pieces make up the difference.

19 minutes ago, Joanan21 said:

Hi TFF, do you suggest your player to train some prefered trait?

Hi,

I would suggest not bothering with training PPMs because I don't find there are any gamebreaking PPMs but there are some negative PPMs(which can be found at the OP) for some positions and I suggest trying to unlearn these negative PPMs if your players have them

14 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

I would suggest not bothering with training PPMs because I don't find there are any gamebreaking PPMs but there are some negative PPMs(which can be found at the OP) for some positions and I suggest trying to unlearn these negative PPMs if your players have them

Thanks for replying :D, another question: In all of your tactics the corner taker will kick it as a "open corner"? i mean a right footed player will kick the corners from the right side and then the ball will go open. I saw it in the first page but i don't know if it's the same for all of your tactics, i'm actually using Cerber v4.