FM20 Tactics by TFF

14 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Hi TFF using Raptor V4 at the moment retail version and is working pretty well at the moment.

Do you have a recommendation to go alongside this as if during a match I feel like the tactic is struggling then I switch to another.

Which one of your tactics do you think would go well with Raptor V4 as a fall back if Raptor isn't working during a match ?

Thanks

Lee

Hi mate, 

I haven't found anything else more efficient than Raptor V4 for the retail version so I can only suggest sticking with even in times when it feel that it doesn't work because as I said I find it gives you the best chances on sucsses, of course, it could be sometimes like 15% probability to win but still it should be the highest comparing with something else :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

that's a very good result, mate but I'd say things are very different when you play in low leagues and when you play the best league in game such EPL... any tactic woks much more efficient in low reputation league than in high reputation league and the quality of the tactic can only be revealed when you play with it in the highest reputation leagues in the game such as EPL, La Liga and some other

I've seen a person who was promoted to the Bundesliga and likewise had better results with v1 destroyer as opposed to v2 (while in bundesliga).

I take your word for it that its better but based on what I've seen from it so far I have no choice to be very skeptical of this assertion.:hammer::onmehead:

Though I'll give v2 a try since we are now in premier league in some games :eek::applause:

Edited by magicnut

16 minutes ago, kevbells said:

Have you got destroyer v1 I am using v2 and I don't think it's effective. Conquerer v2 is good but I'm Ipswich and championship and my defence ain't good with it. Struggling with most tactics 

That is precisely what I have mentioned to TFF but he insists that v2 is more effective than 1 so Ill give the benefit of the doubt and try to test the v2 further now in the premier league.

Edited by magicnut

25 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

That is precisely what I have mentioned to TFF but he insists that v2 is more effective than 1 so Ill give the benefit of the doubt and try to test the v2 further now in the premier league.

I used raptor and lost 7 on the bounce. Had mixed results with both destroyer and conquerer v2s but they gave me far better style and results than raptor v4. 

48 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

if you want then you can provide me with your game save and I'll take a look 

I have a habit of losing my temper with FM and deleting the save file straight away when it doesn't go right haha. How would you line them up? 

GK: Lloris

RB: Aurier

DCR: Alderweireld

DCL: Vertonghen

LB: Rose

RM: Lamela

CMR: Ndombele

CML: Lo Celso

LM: Eriksen

STL: Son

STR: Kane

54 minutes ago, jackgawthorp said:

I have a habit of losing my temper with FM and deleting the save file straight away when it doesn't go right haha. How would you line them up? 

GK: Lloris

RB: Aurier

DCR: Alderweireld

DCL: Vertonghen

LB: Rose

RM: Lamela

CMR: Ndombele

CML: Lo Celso

LM: Eriksen

STL: Son

STR: Kane

The starting eleven looks OK to me but in general Tottenham lacks strikers ( for rotation in case something happens with Kane and Son ), also, Tottenham lacks players for ML/MR positions ( Eriksen and Lamela are a bit slow and they should be trained to play ML/MR positions) anyway even in that case you can be sacked only if play like plugin the tactic and going on "Holiday", this way of playing won't work in FM.

Next time if you are struggling then keep your game save and send it to.... I'll take a look and report you back. 

Fuming !!!!

So changed to Raptor V4 tactics and was up with the top 3 after winning most of my games and looking like contenders.

Then last 10 games I lose 7 !!!

out of nowhere no reason or explanation for it.

I have a very determined squad and have just lost in the play offs so another season down the drain.

I even got to the fourth round of the FA cup playing as Slough in the vanarama south. I beat a few teams one in league one and nearly beat a championship team before they came back to narrowly win late on.

I was flying its almost like theres a bug in the game as ive read many similar tales of collapses in the season.

3 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Fuming !!!!

So changed to Raptor V4 tactics and was up with the top 3 after winning most of my games and looking like contenders.

Then last 10 games I lose 7 !!!

out of nowhere no reason or explanation for it.

I have a very determined squad and have just lost in the play offs so another season down the drain.

I even got to the fourth round of the FA cup playing as Slough in the vanarama south. I beat a few teams one in league one and nearly beat a championship team before they came back to narrowly win late on.

I was flying its almost like theres a bug in the game as ive read many similar tales of collapses in the season.

Do you play on the retail version or on the public version?

6 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

public version I think

just downloaded it from steam and play it 

If you play on the Public Beta then I suggest using Destroyer V2

Also, it's a pretty normal thing to have 10 wins in a row and then 10 loses in a row... there could be logical factors for that... the only thing that matter is your media prediction before the season and your result at the end of the season... 

2 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

The starting eleven looks OK to me but in general Tottenham lacks strikers ( for rotation in case something happens with Kane and Son ), also, Tottenham lacks players for ML/MR positions ( Eriksen and Lamela are a bit slow and they should be trained to play ML/MR positions) anyway even in that case you can be sacked only if play like plugin the tactic and going on "Holiday", this way of playing won't work in FM.

Next time if you are struggling then keep your game save and send it to.... I'll take a look and report you back. 

Sorry yeah I forgot to mention I had transfers turned off. I was playing all my games with the correct instructions and just before Christmas I got sacked. Maybe it’s the Tottenham players that don’t suit the tactic then. Which tactic would you recommend for the public beta without transfers for Tottenham?

thanks tff 

8 minutes ago, jackgawthorp said:

Sorry yeah I forgot to mention I had transfers turned off. I was playing all my games with the correct instructions and just before Christmas I got sacked. Maybe it’s the Tottenham players that don’t suit the tactic then. Which tactic would you recommend for the public beta without transfers for Tottenham?

thanks tff 

If you play on the public then I suggest using Destroyer V2

Even Tottenham doesn't fit the tactic well you still should compete for the title or at lease you should do not worse then your media prediction which exclude any sacking probability.

As I said if you are struggling then send me your save and I look at it and report you back.

2 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If you play on the Public Beta then I suggest using Destroyer V2

Also, it's a pretty normal thing to have 10 wins in a row and then 10 loses in a row... there could be logical factors for that... the only thing that matter is your media prediction before the season and your result at the end of the season... 

How do I know which version im playing and what is the difference ?

10 minutes ago, danstam said:

I noticed the inverted wing-backs are extremely narrow this year. Do you reckon there would be an advantage to putting central midfielders in the full-back slots?

I'm not sure what you mean but I can say that in the defensive phase IWBs do similar job as regular WBs but in the attacking phase their job is similar with what central midfielders do

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I'm not sure what you mean but I can say that in the defensive phase IWBs do similar job as regular WBs but in the attacking phase their job is similar with what central midfielders do

I mean for example playing central or defensive midfielders as your left and right backs (they may be competent or awkward at DL/DR), rather than using orthodox fullbacks. Using Arsenal as an example, Tierney and Bellerin both love bombing down the flanks, but isn't that actually bad for this tactic in the attacking phase?

8 minutes ago, danstam said:

I mean for example playing central or defensive midfielders as your left and right backs (they may be competent or awkward at DL/DR), rather than using orthodox fullbacks.

As I said during the defensive phase their job is similar with the regular WBs job so they must be fast to compete with opposition wingers and inside forwards and usually defensive midfielders aren't that fast

8 minutes ago, danstam said:

Tierney and Bellerin both love bombing down the flanks, but isn't that actually bad for this tactic in the attacking phase?

If you are talking about their PPMs then I suggest ignoring it because they won't have any significant impact... Tierney and Bellerin would do great as IWBs

HI @Totalfootballfan; am using the Raptor tactic with Everton (first season). Have got Ibrahimovic, Kean, DCL and Richarlison as my strikers. Only played 3 league games so far (won 2, drawn 1), but I am noticing I am averaging 20-25 shots on goal per game, but only winning 1-0. Not complaining about the wins, but any ideas how I may convert more of these shots into goals? Am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, Carl0sAlbert0 said:

HI @Totalfootballfan; am using the Raptor tactic with Everton (first season). Have got Ibrahimovic, Kean, DCL and Richarlison as my strikers. Only played 3 league games so far (won 2, drawn 1), but I am noticing I am averaging 20-25 shots on goal per game, but only winning 1-0. Not complaining about the wins, but any ideas how I may convert more of these shots into goals? Am I missing something?

Hi,

First of all, if you play on the public beta version then I suggest using Destroyer V2 and if you aren't on the public beta then I suggest update the game to the public beta :)

It's a normal thing to have many shots and low convert rate for the current ME so don't worry about it.

The factors above affect the convert rate:

1) the attributes/morale/conditions of your attackers

2) the attributes/morale/conditions of the opposite GK

3) the convert formula of the current ME

As you can see the only what you can do to increase the convert rate is buying better players and keeping their morale and conditions as high as possible.

Also, you can reduce the Shooting settings of your attackers at the minimal possible level but I would not suggest doing so because they will start ignoring good scoring opportunities and go for unnecessary passes. 

2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

First of all, if you play on the public beta version then I suggest using Destroyer V2 and if you aren't on the public beta then I suggest update the game to the public beta :)

It's a normal thing to have many shots and low convert rate for the current ME so don't worry about it.

The factors above affect the convert rate:

1) the attributes/morale/conditions of your attackers

2) the attributes/morale/conditions of the opposite GK

3) the convert formula of the current ME

As you can see the only what you can do to increase the convert rate is buying better players and keeping their morale and conditions as high as possible.

Also, you can reduce the Shooting settings of your attackers at the minimal possible level but I would not suggest doing so because they will start ignoring good scoring opportunities and go for unnecessary passes. 

Fantastic - thanks! Out of interest (as someone who isn't particularly up on this stuff), how would I change it to the public beta?

1 minute ago, Carl0sAlbert0 said:

Fantastic - thanks! Out of interest (as someone who isn't particularly up on this stuff), how would I change it to the public beta?

you can continue your save on the public beta - https://community.sigames.com/topic/511298-football-manager-2020-public-beta-including-match-engine-changes-out-now/?tab=comments#comment-12230638

6 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I find the public beta ME is more consistent than the retail ME, especially,  when you use Destroyer V2 tactic

Thanks mate 

One more thing ive just downloaded Destroyer tactic.

I quit Slough and have taken over Airbus in welsh league lol

In regards to ML/MR I have very few players I can find who can use their opposite foot ie ML - strong right foot.

How important is this ie if I can find a good LM who is only left footed should I shun him and sign the guy who is pretty pants but can use his right foot as a ML ?

16 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Thanks mate 

One more thing ive just downloaded Destroyer tactic.

I quit Slough and have taken over Airbus in welsh league lol

In regards to ML/MR I have very few players I can find who can use their opposite foot ie ML - strong right foot.

How important is this ie if I can find a good LM who is only left footed should I shun him and sign the guy who is pretty pants but can use his right foot as a ML ?

if a player has "1" for Acceleration and Pace attributes  so he can't run at all then it's really doesn't matter which preferred foot he has because with such speed he'll never reach the opposition goal area :)

if a attacker has "1" for Finishing attribute then he should never score with any foot...

Attributes are important and the preferred foot important too so you should look for balance between them...

If you are playing in lower league then I suggest not bothering much with the preferred foot for ML/MR positions and look only at the attributes because in lower leagues difficulty level is much lower than in top league and you still will be greatly over achieving no matter what

Hey @Totalfootballfan,

Loving Destroyer V2 on the public beta but I just had a couple of questions.

when it comes to pre-season, how many friendlies do you recommend scheduling to build up familiarity with the tactic or does too many cause too many injuries?

Also, when playing a game, is there anything we should be changing mentality wise or instructionally to combat being beaten or needing to protect a lead?

Cheers pal and keep up the good work 🤓🤟

1 hour ago, davecrossley said:

Hey @Totalfootballfan,

Loving Destroyer V2 on the public beta but I just had a couple of questions.

when it comes to pre-season, how many friendlies do you recommend scheduling to build up familiarity with the tactic or does too many cause too many injuries?

Hey mate,

it should be enough friendly matches to bring the Match Sharpness of your players to at least 80-90% and the tactic Familiarity to at least 70%. The amount of friendly matches to do that depends on many factors and it's a individual thing for every team.

1 hour ago, davecrossley said:

Also, when playing a game, is there anything we should be changing mentality wise or instructionally to combat being beaten or needing to protect a lead?

To protect a lead you can use the time wasting tactic which can be found at the OP and if you are losing then I suggest not changing anything because I haven't got a confirmation through testing that anything else will be more efficient in this case

On 22/01/2020 at 04:01, Ninodebest said:

@Totalfootballfan Hey mate, any confirmation if you know if Destroyer V2 is better than Raptop V4 regarding the beta version. And are you still looking for new ways to make the Destroyer V2 more efficient? (V3)

Tff wont be tff if he wasn't looking for ways to make a tactic Better and bestow  new versions upon us :) 

24 minutes ago, hades085 said:

Hello @Totalfootballfan

If i want my striker to keep scoring goals, which want you suggest? Destroyer v2 or Conqueror v2?

Thank You

Hi,

There are 2 strikers in the tactics and they score the most goals across the positions, both strikers score more or less an equal amount of goals

Destroyer V2 is more effective than Conqueror V2 

14 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Tff wont be tff if he wasn't looking for ways to make a tactic Better and bestow  new versions upon us :) 

Heh, my PC has been running and testing tactics like 24 hours per day lately but so far I haven't found any improvements