Getting 15 FPS with a 2080Ti and a 9900k. How can I fix this?

AS the title suggests, I am looking for a fix to the huge FPS drop I am experiencing.

In FM19 I am getting a locked 120fps on all parts of the game whereas in FM20 I am getting 15fps in every part of the game which is causing huge lag and stuttering in mouse movements and in the ME.

I have searched everywhere and every suggested fix has been a fail so far.

This is so disappointing for a new game I was so excited to play.

• SI Staff

You should get 15fps in static screens (there is no point wasting energy running 60fps on a static image) any transitions will go briefly to 60 for the transition and then back down, and you should get 60 in a match. I don't see any issues with the mouse stuttering.

Thats what I am seeing here, if that isn't what you are seeing i.e. only 15fps in a match then please start a thread in the bugs forum https://community.sigames.com/forum/738-crashes-technical-issues/

5 minutes ago, iiJakeyyyy said:

My match engine is a bit stuttery too... Its not 15fps bad but it was buttery smooth about a week ago and now i can definitely notice some drops

Its known issue mate

Me and a lot of people here suffering from it.. before the 20.1 it was smooth and fun

Now its very LAG.. not much we could do

5 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Its known issue mate

Me and a lot of people here suffering from it.. before the 20.1 it was smooth and fun

Ah okay thanks for replying. I only play on 2D and the lag isn’t huge but it’s definitely not as smooth as it was for me about a week or so ago

11 hours ago, EdL said:

You should get 15fps in static screens (there is no point wasting energy running 60fps on a static image) any transitions will go briefly to 60 for the transition and then back down, and you should get 60 in a match. I don't see any issues with the mouse stuttering.

Thats what I am seeing here, if that isn't what you are seeing i.e. only 15fps in a match then please start a thread in the bugs forum https://community.sigames.com/forum/738-crashes-technical-issues/

Before beta update on 13 november game was smooth 60 fps in menus. After udpate this fps drops happened. So this means in the first place game was working fine.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, antoninartaud said:

Before beta update on 13 november game was smooth 60 fps in menus. After udpate this fps drops happened. So this means in the first place game was working fine.

No, thats was the bug! We were unintentionally wasting peoples power (batteries) refreshing a static screen at 60 times a second, if there is no movement there is no need for a high refresh rate.

That is a good point about g-sync, is anyone also running g-sync or free-sync enabled?

36 minutes ago, EdL said:

No, thats was the bug! We were unintentionally wasting peoples power (batteries) refreshing a static screen at 60 times a second, if there is no movement there is no need for a high refresh rate.

That is a good point about g-sync, is anyone also running g-sync or free-sync enabled?

Yeah it made a huge difference on my windows surface tablet since release :) everything runs a lot smoother and it doesn't overheat :) (I believe that's partly because of limiting the fps in static screens I believe :) )

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

I'm sorry to take this topic, but I'm having graphics problems too. I have a notebook with i7 processor, 16GB ram and 1050ti video card. The game just doesn't open, it's on an infinite black screen. Use the most current version of the nvidia 441.20 driver. All my other games work. Only Football Manager that doesn't work. Put the nvidia 436.15 driver to do a test and it works, although it gave me 1 graphic star (bizarre).

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

Denuvo has been proven to drastically reduce FPS, and since it is happily infested in FM again this year... 

But we can blame SEGA for that decision. 

The issue isn't anything to do with Denuvo as far as I can tell, we don't hit any copy protection checks in a match.

I also experienced mouse stuttering. Going into the Nvidea c/p and creating custom settings purely for FM - i.e. turning off GSYNC - resolved the issue. For information purposes, my monitor is 100Htz.

Edited by Cowboy71

2 hours ago, EdL said:

I think  that is the problem 

When  you guys reduced the refresh rate - it also cause lower fps in the ME .. and  that caused the lag

Because before 20.1 it was smooth 

Edited by GOODNAME

• SI Staff
52 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I think  that is the problem 

When  you guys reduced the refresh rate - it also cause lower fps in the ME .. and  that caused the lag

Because before 20.1 it was smooth 

It shouldn't be dropping the frame rate in match,, unless you have a monitor >60Hz anyway, which is an issue I'm investigating

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Cowboy71 said:

I also experienced mouse stuttering. Going into the Nvidea c/p and creating custom settings purely for FM - i.e. turning off GSYNC - resolved the issue. For informtioan purposes, my monitor is 100Htz.

Ok that is interesting, anyone else with g-sync or free-sync should test.

Yeah I have a 1060ti card with an AMD 8350 eight core processor and I'm getting under 60fps using the 3d engine (generally between 50-60 and sometimes drops below or the game freezes a bit).

4 hours ago, EdL said:

what about match engine then. before update it was solid 60 fps. after update its 57 fps.

On 20/11/2019 at 12:58, EdL said:

Please don't take this in a negative way (as the improvements in FM20 are some of my favorites in a few years and I'm excited by this year's game); however, I disagree with the idea that on a desktop in this current year a game should be getting capped at such ridiculously low FPS. A 30 FPS cap in the menus would have been fine just about, but 15 and lower is just not a good playing experience from my point of view.

Why not allow us to cap it manually to a few pre-existing increments in the Preferences or let us tick if we are on a laptop and the game then gets capped.

Just a few ideas you could add with a patch that would satisfy everyone.

Other than this, FM20 is fantastic from what I've played so far, so thanks for the hard work!

On 20.11.2019 at 02:56, GOODNAME said:

Its known issue mate

Bendede aynı sorun var kasmalar oluyor 3d Mac içinde

Edited by Psycho72

On 20/11/2019 at 15:58, EdL said:

So you said this was bug, but now we found out that using skins from other sites makes game smooth 60 fps in menus and in game. How will you guys explain this?