[FM20] Heffem Skin V2

Krysler76

On 11/09/2020 at 11:09, keysi said:

Try to remove the whole 'tactics' folder and reload the skin. You will see what it will do.

Or you can try to move each single file and reload the skin between to find out what it causes.

Hello,

Well I got a bit of a mixed bag of results. Deleting the folder itself helped 100% with the standard Tactics Pitch (admittedly there was a little bit of an oddity with how players looked but nothing drastic) so as far as usability goes the main tactics window behaved fine and I could happily move players around and they would accurately snap into the new position. 

The problem came about when going into a match and the pre match lineups were blank and also the team match tactic pitch was blank too. So I narrowed it down to being one particular file and code within that is causing this behaviour. The file is "pitch with tactics container match.xml"

Spoiler

<panel>
    <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="0" >

</layout>
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="spacer" height="35" />

<container class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pitc" name="pitch" >
        <real id="pitch_perspective" value="0.000000" />
        <string id="icon_flags" value="show_name,show_extra_details,use_overview_icons,drop_initial_if_possible,show_position_role_duty_suitability,show_selection_image,show_number,show_role_duty_labels,show_familiarity" />
        <string id="player_icon_file" value="tactics/heffem/heffem tactics icon info panel overview match" />
        <string id="show_extra_details_buttons" value="true" />
        <string id="pitch_draw_grass" value="true" />
        <string id="pitch_base_appearance" value="heffem/pitchmatch" />
        <string id="pitch_pattern" value="" />
        <integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="5" />
        <string id="vertical" value="true" />
        <integer id="pitch_player_icon_text_size" value="5" />
        <string id="pitch_alignment" value="can_scale" />
        <real id="maximum_player_size" value="0.220000" />
        <string id="pitch_line_colour" value="white" />
        <string id="3958779584" value="tactics normal run" />
        <string id="3958779616" value="tactics darkened run" />
        <string id="3958779648" value="tactics dragged run" />
        <integer id="pitch_touchline_width_percentage" value="20" />
        <integer id="line_width" value="1" />
    </container>
</panel>

Now when playing with and comparing the vanilla xml and this skins xml I saw one line which looks to operate the players on that tactic pitch.

"<string id="player_icon_file" value="tactics/heffem/heffem tactics icon info panel overview match" />"

When that line is included and the heffem folder is nestled into the tactic folder too the odd sizing occurs. Notice above though, although this line is present I see no element of code relating to any form of sizing of the players. Looking at my actual issue in the screens early on however I am unsure what the snap to "icon" is called ( this is the item that changes colour dependant on how well the player fits into that slot/position).

I am hopeful that this makes sense but from what I can tell I have narrowed it down, its just now how do I best get that and the match tactic pitch to behave as the default skin in terms of functionality without it blanking completely.. 

I need expert help to get around this as I feel my own level of expertise is almost non-existent lol

Edited by JR866Gunner

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Steve1977beyond said:

This skin is that good it actually makes me want to play the full game rather than Touch!

Please release it for FM21! Also, does the download include the badges and kits?

No skins include them. Would make the file sizes far too large.

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

Any chance that famous skins like this get a new edition on the beta ? I hear that it's a lot harder to edit the skins on the FM beta ,this year ?

I'm looking for a good skin with instant result buttom. 

Yeah, the archiver doesnt work yet so only very basic stuff can be done 

Just for you information, for now we have to wait the Resource Archiver 2021, I can't really do anything, I have a BETA version on the Heffem Discord (french discord) but that's a light version, that is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/file/qe9xsj9isat5zm3/Heffem_Skin_FM21_BETA.rar/file (there is some bugs, no low resolution versions for now, don't ask it, I will not change anything for now)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...