Best fm version since fm14?

I have been thinking that it is about time to get myself a newer version of fm this winter. I am still playing around with fm14. What version since fm14 do you think is the best, and why? Has there been any big changes in the game over the years, included the editor? :)

18 minutes ago, Aalbergsjo said:

I have been thinking that it is about time to get myself a newer version of fm this winter. I am still playing around with fm14. What version since fm14 do you think is the best, and why? Has there been any big changes in the game over the years, included the editor? :)

I play FM16 which I am very happy with.  FM17 is a polished version of FM16 with some tweeks to improve it .  At the time I did not think those improvements were great enough for me to purchase and intended to wait for FM18, unfortunetly in my opinion both FM18 and FM19 were poor with lots of issues.  FM20, well we we have to wait and see, but if it is not a lot better I am perfectly happy to carry on with FM16. 

2 hours ago, Aalbergsjo said:

Have a look here:

Quite a lot of people voted. Fm17 or FM19 seems to be the answer to your question. :thup:

So subjective. For me, FM19 is the most complete game and ultimately I love detail. It seems like FM20 is going to build on that detail with features that increase the longevity of a save, another important factor for me.

In terms of ME, I think I've enjoyed other versions more than FM19.

Edited by janrzm

In terms of how the Match Engine played out the football, FM17.

In terms of how complete/detailed the game feels per overall, FM19.

That’s just my opinion.

But if you gonna buy the game why not wait to see how FM20 looks like then buy it if you like it?

Edited by Armistice

7 horas atrás, Armistice disse:

But if you gonna buy the game why not wait to see how FM20 looks like then buy it if you like it?

This. And unless there is something completely wrong with it, it will be best version. One thing is people being disappointed for lack of new features (or the ones they wanted), another is to actually think a new version is worse than the previous one.

14 часов назад, Aalbergsjo сказал:

The most modern version is the best despite talks. After every new version I just can't return for previous. Imo wait for FM20 and play in this 

17 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I play FM16 which I am very happy with.  FM17 is a polished version of FM16 with some tweeks to improve it .  At the time I did not think those improvements were great enough for me to purchase and intended to wait for FM18, unfortunetly in my opinion both FM18 and FM19 were poor with lots of issues.  FM20, well we we have to wait and see, but if it is not a lot better I am perfectly happy to carry on with FM16. 

Hmm.. Then i think i wll maybe try FM16. Does it have many improvements when comparing it to FM14? If i remember correct, i read something about training have been improved? If you have played and remember FM14 that is. What kind of issues do you think FM18 and FM19 have? :)

14 hours ago, janrzm said:

So subjective. For me, FM19 is the most complete game and ultimately I love detail. It seems like FM20 is going to build on that detail with features that increase the longevity of a save, another important factor for me.

In terms of ME, I think I've enjoyed other versions more than FM19.

I do also love details. First month after getting FM14, was all about getting stadium, kit-packs and so on. After getting familiar with advanced rules in the editor. I have been more in the editor then playing a game. Now when i have soon got everything to perfection, i am thinking of buying a new version :lol: But. now i know how to do everything, as long as the editor has stayed pretty much the same.

4 hours ago, 99 said:

This. And unless there is something completely wrong with it, it will be best version. One thing is people being disappointed for lack of new features (or the ones they wanted), another is to actually think a new version is worse than the previous one.

Not saying the newer versions are worse the the ones before. But i do believe alot of people have favorites. For sure, they have appinions on new features, as you yourself say. That is also exactly one of the things i would like to know by making this post. What are the changes people like/disslike since FM14 ;)

4 hours ago, Novem9 said:

The most modern version is the best despite talks. After every new version I just can't return for previous. Imo wait for FM20 and play in this 

I do think i will buy FM20, if not buying a version before it is released. If i do that, i have to play it before buying FM20 :lol:

I'm still on FM17. I think it has the most balanced ME, it runs pretty smoothly on my PC, I love the default skins and most tactical roles work as they should, besides Inverted Wing Backs and Halfback. 

I'm not knocking on the later versions, they just didn't run as easily on my PC, needed more clicks in general and didn't really like how the newer roles worked in reality.

14 minutes ago, BillHoudini24 said:

I'm still on FM17. I think it has the most balanced ME, it runs pretty smoothly on my PC, I love the default skins and most tactical roles work as they should, besides Inverted Wing Backs and Halfback. 

I'm not knocking on the later versions, they just didn't run as easily on my PC, needed more clicks in general and didn't really like how the newer roles worked in reality.

That sounds as some good improvements indeed. Tactical roles has been a real pain :lol: I have just downloaded skins, so it is some versions before FM14 i think i have played with the default ones.

Edited by Aalbergsjo

38 minutes ago, Aalbergsjo said:

Hmm.. Then i think i wll maybe try FM16. Does it have many improvements when comparing it to FM14? If i remember correct, i read something about training have been improved? If you have played and remember FM14 that is. What kind of issues do you think FM18 and FM19 have? :)

I didn't play FM14 that much because the players names when watching in 3D hurt my eyes, but in my opinion the ME in FM16 looked more like real football and FM16 also had the new tactics creator with player roles etc.

The list of issues with FM18 and FM19 are quite extensive read through some of the threads on this forum and you will get a good idea.

4 minutes ago, Aalbergsjo said:

That sounds as some good improvements indeed. Tactical roles has been a real pain :lol: I have just downloaded skins, so it is some versions after FM14 i think i have played with the default ones.

The only serious issue I have with FM17 is the lack of Sweeper Keeper, Ball Playing Defenders and Inside Forward newgens. In each save regular GKs, DCs and Wingers are a lot more than the roles I mentioned. GKs have Passing between 1 and 3, Wingers have single digits in Finishing and DCs don't have the Technique or Passing, no matter how much you train them. 

Other than that things are smooth, I'm doing a Dafuge Challenge and on 2029 there are 0 bugs or issues. Some weird AI transfer activity here and there, but that's expected in every version so far.

1 minute ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I didn't play FM14 that much because the players names when watching in 3D hurt my eyes, but in my opinion the ME in FM16 looked more like real football and FM16 also had the new tactics creator with player roles etc.

The list of issues with FM18 and FM19 are quite extensive read through some of the threads on this forum and you will get a good idea.

I am really excited to try out newer versions. Jumping straight to FM20, could be alot of changes. So thats why i am a bit persistent in getting some of the versions before. I do think i will go for FM17. If it was almost the same as FM16 as you said, and so many people voted for it on the poll :)

I will have a look. Most likely i will be amazed, as i have almost every version from cm98 to fm14. I was without computer for a half year in 2015, then real life had me occupied until the end of 2016. Bought a house far up in the woods. No phone lines and in a valley, so had no internet connection unti 2018. Now, i found satelite connection, and with a half year of moving, adjusting the dish, and cutting down some trees. I finaly got good enough connection to stream football matches. So, thats why i still am playing FM14 :lol:

17 minutes ago, BillHoudini24 said:

The only serious issue I have with FM17 is the lack of Sweeper Keeper, Ball Playing Defenders and Inside Forward newgens. In each save regular GKs, DCs and Wingers are a lot more than the roles I mentioned. GKs have Passing between 1 and 3, Wingers have single digits in Finishing and DCs don't have the Technique or Passing, no matter how much you train them. 

Other than that things are smooth, I'm doing a Dafuge Challenge and on 2029 there are 0 bugs or issues. Some weird AI transfer activity here and there, but that's expected in every version so far.

I agree. In FM14 i do belive you can train whoever in whatever, and they will be better in what they are training on. There are so many GKs with good passing, i try to stay away from GKs with low passing, as i like him to be the one my defence can rely on if under pressure. Not one i have to hold my breath, everytime that he gets the ball played back to him :lol: Also, deadly inside wingers.. There is alot of those in the world of football. But realisticly, you should be able to train a GK to have 20 in passing. Wouldnt make him better in more important GK skills, but still. Should be possible ;)

35 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

To be honest I never use the editor

Oh, i love the editor. It brings my game to perfection. I do maybe love it to much, could play more instead. Now i do not know, how good other people are with it. But i do think i am starting to get pretty good. After creating Norway Cup for u19 teams, i have been fidling around more on the editor then playing the game. Some small changes now, and i cant think of more i can do for my FM14 game. Hoping the editor, basicly has stayed the same. So i can easily remake them and share on FM20 :)

Edited by Aalbergsjo

For me the best was 2015. Full backs played good but the were not unrealistic, also inside forwards were great. Best engine for inside forwards by far. Good match engine overall, maybe there was a lack of through balls from midfielders.

If I remember correctly, full backs were overpowered in 2016. I played 2017 just a little, 2018 had issues with tactics with 3 forwards. 

2019 is better than 16 and 18 but it is too easy to play. So, in conclusion, I think 2015 was the best.

12 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

For me the best was 2015. Full backs played good but the were not unrealistic, also inside forwards were great. Best engine for inside forwards by far. Good match engine overall, maybe there was a lack of through balls from midfielders.

If I remember correctly, full backs were overpowered in 2016. I played 2017 just a little, 2018 had issues with tactics with 3 forwards. 

2019 is better than 16 and 18 but it is too easy to play. So, in conclusion, I think 2015 was the best.

I wish i could try them all. I will buy and try FM17. So then i will see some changes from FM14 there, and then again from FM17 to FM20. But first i need to do the finishing touches on my FM14 editor projects. Fire up a game and see how far i can go with my childhood team. It will be the worst team i have ever played with.

Rest assured, the editor seems to be relatively stagnant between versions so it likely will be just fine for you on FM17. I have no issue using it's editor at least, nor with FM18's. Wonder if FM20 (or you with your FM14 experience) will prove me wrong.

For me, FM17 is super fast and nice to play but is brutally difficult as well, while FM18 has more to see and do, is a bit easier and is my favorite graphically, but team dynamics are a touch annoying, there are some small bugs here and there, and it's wayyy slower than FM17 was. Just giving you that insight.

Edited by Minuy600