How do you 'buy out' a sell-on clause?

I suppose dont sell him would be one way around / play him till his value is low

If it helps there are some big clubs irl who have sold players who FORGOT to insist on sell on fees in the contract. I'm pretty sure Southampton forget when selling Bale to Spurs who then sold him for a massive fee to Real Madrid

2 hours ago, physiar said:

How would it work in case of a sell-on fee, say +25%, but eventually the player is sold on as part of an exchange deal?

You get nothing, it only applies to money. There's rumours in real life that Arsenal might try to use this to get Zaha by offerring money plus a couple of players, so that United would only get 25% of the monetary sum.

3 hours ago, physiar said:

How would it work in case of a sell-on fee, say +25%, but eventually the player is sold on as part of an exchange deal?

I believe when Michel Vorm went to Tottenham from Swansea as part of a deal his old club argued this as they were actually separate deals and not an 'exchange' and lost

Yeah you just have to wait until your board agrees a buy out of the clause, which they may never do. It'll usually tell you if there's buy outs available in the monthly financial updates. 

5 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

You get nothing, it only applies to money. There's rumours in real life that Arsenal might try to use this to get Zaha by offerring money plus a couple of players, so that United would only get 25% of the monetary sum.

thanks, it's exactly what sparked off my question in fact. 

On 30/06/2019 at 20:44, DownTheFrank said:

It only appears when certain conditions are about to be met.  Go to Transfers and then click Clauses. The ones with a currency sign beside them are the ones that can be bought out. 

Thanks a lot. I feel so dumb. Been players this game for years and years. Mind went blank haha.

On 03/07/2019 at 10:02, Spurs08 said:

Incorrect.

IRL, a third party will determine the value of the player(s) involved in the deal.

Archived