2nd Season Syndrome

Hey,

I always get so bored with my FM saves in my second season. I have tried the team I support, lower league, foreign leagues, CL favorite teams. 

I enjoy the first season so much and I enjoy the summer transfer window but when it gets to the second season I become so bored. 

Anyone else feels the same?

It's such a shame because I would love to have a save that is multiple seasons long but I can never manage to do it. 

I Just end up starting the game all over again with a new team and the same thing always happens.

I'm the opposite, I have about 500 hours of play time on FM 19, and that is over 3 saves...

1st I do a Fiorentina save when the game first comes out to get an idea of how tactics/ME works.

2nd a Bristol City save for the whole year until the next FM.

I only had to start a 2nd Bristol City save this year due to my laptop giving up and having to buy a new one, other wise I would have spent the whole year on the other one.

18 minutes ago, Grifty said:

I'm the opposite, I have about 500 hours of play time on FM 19, and that is over 3 saves...

1st I do a Fiorentina save when the game first comes out to get an idea of how tactics/ME works.

2nd a Bristol City save for the whole year until the next FM.

I only had to start a 2nd Bristol City save this year due to my laptop giving up and having to buy a new one, other wise I would have spent the whole year on the other one.

Dont forget to change your underwear ^^v

Yeah I have 3saves

Wolves in 2020

Man u 2023

And chlease was (Barcelona) and Bournemouth was at (Juventus) 2028

*(jobs before wats stated)*

I have a had good fun this year with fm to be fair.

Em 08/06/2019 em 16:23, distonio disse:

Hey,

I always get so bored with my FM saves in my second season. I have tried the team I support, lower league, foreign leagues, CL favorite teams. 

I enjoy the first season so much and I enjoy the summer transfer window but when it gets to the second season I become so bored. 

Anyone else feels the same?

It's such a shame because I would love to have a save that is multiple seasons long but I can never manage to do it. 

I Just end up starting the game all over again with a new team and the same thing always happens.

I know how you feel. I feel it when I have exceeded realistic expectations or I buy players in the market that I realistically wouldn't be expected to buy. To give you an example, managing FC Porto, at the end of the first season and because of my success (3 national trophies + Champions League semi finals + selling some players for their clauses) I was able to spend close to 100M in the transfer market. Never, in the history of the club, the club was able to spend that or to ever buy a player more expensive than 20M. When I was buying players I liked it, but after 5 or 6 games of the second season I gave up. Too easy. I had much better players than my most fierce rivals. No fun.

Now what I'm doing is to limit myself. I'm imposing rules to myself. Things like:

- Never buy a player for more than 10M;
 - Never buy a player older than 21yo, unless it's a free transfer (contract expiring);
 - Promote at least 5 players from the academy, and they have to play, not just "be there";

What I advise you is to try to do the same. Impose rules to yourself. Or at least, for every thing you do, think first: would my club be able to do this IRL?

1. Enable fog of war
  2. Make all players fake
  3. When creating your persona, set your player and youth knowledge to 1
  4. Join a team in a lower division 
  5. Only sign staff through job advertisements. 
  6. Only sign players recommended to you by your staff

33 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:
  1. Enable fog of war
  2. Make all players fake

Like these ideas. In future I’m certainly going to “2. Make all players fake” as I dislike playing with players that I know. I find that my emotional like or dislike of real life players interferes with my gameplay.

45 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:
  1. Enable fog of war
  2. Make all players fake

That sounds pretty hardcore but yes I think I'll give it a go! 

Archived