System Crash "Etiquette"

Imagine you've just played a very crucial match, but lost. You're devastated at the loss, but then the game or your system crashes after the match and your most recent auto-save is BEFORE the crucial match in question. What do you do in this situation? Do you take the crash as a blessing in disguise and try to win when you re-play it, or do you just accept the fact you legitimately lost and try to lose the match during the re-play?

Well, what would you do if the opposite had happened and you won the previous match? Would you keep reloading and playing until you won the match? Personally, I’d just replay any match that was not saved because of a crash and accept the result of the replay.

Blessing in disguise. However if I had won said match and it crashed... which has happened before, I will play that game over and over again until I get my win back because how dare the game deny me the win that I had!

On 01/06/2019 at 13:58, TheGreat10ne1 said:

Imagine you've just played a very crucial match, but lost. You're devastated at the loss, but then the game or your system crashes after the match and your most recent auto-save is BEFORE the crucial match in question. What do you do in this situation? Do you take the crash as a blessing in disguise and try to win when you re-play it, or do you just accept the fact you legitimately lost and try to lose the match during the re-play?

I treat crashes as alternate timelines and play normally when I reload the save.

I do not have su much time to replay the game if it craches until I get satisfying (similar as before crash) result. I usually tend to simulate the result until it is the same as before crash.

Play match again and accept the result. I have to admit though if I had won a big final and the game crashed i would keep replaying until I won, a bit warped but there you go.

Never happened to me though.

Archived