Player dives

1 hour ago, Matteo3champions said:

Hi,

it’s still possible in FM that player dives?thanks

Never seen anyone reprimanded for it - yellow card offence - but certainly plenty of dodgy reactions when tackled (could just be a graphics thing) and arms waving from players but ref waves play on.

Whether actual dives are included in the ME I don't know, but suspect it could be seen as a 'negative' in the IRL game that SI don't want to incorporate.

22 minutes ago, Snorks said:

Whether actual dives are included in the ME I don't know, but suspect it could be seen as a 'negative' in the IRL game that SI don't want to incorporate. 

Some real players deserve a "Dives Often" PPM. If FM claims to be realistic, there should be one. There is "Arguing With Officials" after all.

On the second thought, dives can be part of low Sportsmanship and/or high Dirtiness, but again, never saw a punishment for a dive in FM. Now, with the introduction of VAR, it's time for them.

I certainly don;t disagree that some players deserve  PPM Dives Often, but imagine the legal hole SI would make for themselves by attaching it to real life players. They do have to protect themselves from litigation.

Low sportsmanship would certainly cover it though.

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

Personally, I have never seen this in the game at all.

I'm surprised. I've seen it quite a few times over the years, with players even getting booked. Not seen it yet in FM19, from what I can remember, but my memory is not the best.

2 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

It rarely happened also in FM18.

but maybe is not included actually in game, like arguing with referees that is not in match engine at the moment, but will Be in next patches

the argueng and being booked for is in the game. it even has its own ppm 

8 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

Yes it’s in game. But have you ever seen in FM19 an argue with a ref?

Not get in his face so much, but yes, defenders having a go at the Assistant for a close offside descision, or waving his arms and (I imagine) shouting for a foul.

22 hours ago, FrazT said:

Personally, I have never seen this in the game at all.

Be grateful! I had a player booked for diving twice in the first half of a Champions League match. The final outcome from all of it saw me sell a key player to restore the peace. I think it's the only time in many years of playing that I have decided to fine a player for a 2 yellow dismissal. I can forgive most things that players decide to do but this was a step too far for me. This fine caused the player to become unhappy and sadly there was no suitable option on the conversation screen to either express my anger at the dismissal or to make it clear that his behaviour total warranted my decision. 

21 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

Yes it’s in game. But have you ever seen in FM19 an argue with a ref?

yes, i just said that... in game the player waves his arms, and commentary tells you if that is why he got booked. its not like they show them throwing punches or pushing, that would obviously be stupid

Yeah, surprised to say people have never seen it, it's been fairly common for a few editions now.

11 hours ago, Things Could Get Messi said:

Be grateful! I had a player booked for diving twice in the first half of a Champions League match. The final outcome from all of it saw me sell a key player to restore the peace. I think it's the only time in many years of playing that I have decided to fine a player for a 2 yellow dismissal. I can forgive most things that players decide to do but this was a step too far for me. This fine caused the player to become unhappy and sadly there was no suitable option on the conversation screen to either express my anger at the dismissal or to make it clear that his behaviour total warranted my decision. 

Aha...the old Champions League Tumble.  I was locked 1-1 with AC Milan in the Quarter Final going into the second leg as Lincoln Red Imps, well positioned to go through after an away goal in that first leg.  The full story is in this post but basically it involved one of my star midfielders diving in the 2nd minute and getting booked, then getting a second - FOR ANOTHER DIVE - before half-time.  Then my striker gets booked for a similar one early in the 2nd.  Cue him getting hauled off, having to play youth players, conceding a late goal that put us out, the midfielder getting immediately sold, and the striker getting banished to the reserves for the rest of his career.

Safe to say, seething didn't quite cover it.

12 ore fa, Things Could Get Messi ha scritto:

In FM19? @Things Could Get Messi

14 hours ago, Things Could Get Messi said:

ah, things did get mess(i)y.

Archived