Brand New Tea & Busquets

https://teaandbusquets.com

It’s all change here at Tea & Busquets, as we’ve had a face lift of sorts. I’ve wanted to take the site in a new direction for a while. But don’t worry you’ll still get all the content I have to offer but now you’ll get even more and the content will always be free (unless its something like a book etc).

We’ve made some changes to the site that you might have already seen. This is phase one, as I still plan on overhauling the blogging side of things and plan to make that look a lot better and improve the functionality of it. This will take slightly longer as I either need to find a new theme that offers everything I need or to edit an existing one.

So what’s new?

The App

You can download the app by visiting this link (Note it might take a few hours for it to be available to everyone)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tifo.tifo

1.png?resize=474%2C910

Tea and Busquets now has a brand new Android app, which can do downloaded from the Play store. It offers everything the website does and keeps you updated with everything going on, via notifications. We are very excited by this app, it’s a great addition to the site.

2.jpg?resize=260%2C160
3.jpg?resize=467%2C960

We don’t currently have an iOS version of the app, but it is something we are working on and hope to have some news about in the next few weeks. Don’t be disheartened though if you are an iOS user as the site should work just fine using the browser.

What else has changed?

One of the biggest reasons behind the new changes, were because I wanted to become a central hub for showcasing peoples work regardless of what platform they use. All I want to do is give the FM fans a place to find new content or for them to be able to see all their favourite content creators all in one place. It doesn’t matter if its a podcast, website, blog, streamer or YouTuber, we have you covered.

We don’t actually host the content, instead we link you to the platforms mentioned above and you are always viewing, reading or listening to the original source. So don’t worry, we aren’t taking anything away from those creators. In fact, we hope we bring them a new audience and get people who might not know they exist, to see their work.

The blog side of Tea & Busquets still exists but it is no longer the main landing page for the site. Instead you are presented with the new Tea & Busquets when visiting the home page.

You can access the blog via this link

https://teaandbusquets.com/blog

We are now a social media platform – similar in style to Twitter, that is aimed at Football Manager fans, although everyone is free to join. Free speech prevails & your user details aren’t shared with anyone. It kind of acts like a portal for all Football Manager content whether that be videos, blog posts or streaming. We’ve tried to cater for all types of content.

The sites focus it to fill a void that we believe the community currently lacks. Hopefully this post can give you more of an insight into how it functions and explain how you can use the site.

Groups

I’ve manually added around 120 groups so far, so before you create one check that it doesn’t already exist. If one already exists, then let me know and once you join the group I can make you admin of the page. Groups are a powerful tool on Tea & Busquets now. Used properly, they can keep your followers up to date with news that you believe to be most important.

4.png?resize=474%2C396

Tea & Busquets revolves around Groups. Groups are for your blog, your YouTube channel, for your Twitch account or for whatever platform you use. The idea is that if you run a website, you should create a Group for it and add all the relevant RSS feeds for articles, podcasts, YouTube & Twitch. Once done, Tea and Busquets will periodically check (between 1-2 hours, or every 5 minutes for Established groups) for new content, and automatically post it to your group’s timeline. Anyone that follows your group will see this on their own personal timeline, and those that have the Android app installed will see a mobile notification.

5.png?resize=474%2C395

The creator of a group can promote/demote others to become administrators by going to the groups page, clicking Settings, then Members. Tap the blue icon to the right of a users name to toggle between standard member and administrator. As an administrator you can amend your group settings, delete group content and post as your group.

6.png?resize=474%2C305

Obviously I’m an admin account on the above screenshot, so have access to all. But to give you an idea of what it will look like, the user account is your personal account obviously. Then the group one will list any groups that you have admin rights to.

Anyone on Tea & Busquets you can start a group. Give your group a unique name, handle and a brief description. If you add an RSS feed, The Tea & Busquets app will periodically check them for new content, and post them on your group’s page without you ever doing anything other than the initial set up!

7.png?resize=474%2C248

If anyone follows your group and also has the The Tea & Busquets app installed, they’ll receive notifications whenever something new appears on your group’s timeline.

If you run a website, or an organisation, groups are more convenient and more powerful than running multiple personal accounts. With instant mobile alerts and by only posting important updates, your followers will not be bombarded with constant site notifications.

As you can see groups are an integral part of the site and once you enter the relevant feeds, it will always keep up to date when you post new articles, videos etc on your blogs or channels, without you needing to post them yourself.

9.png?resize=474%2C389

All content should always be posted in groups and not on your personal account.

Your Account

When you register with Tea & Busquets, we ask that you provide a username that won’t be confused with a group/channel/website that you run, and instead create a personal profile. Sometimes it’s nice to interact with the people who run the fan sites instead of talking to an anonymous person behind a site logo.

Anyway… once you register, you can edit your account by hitting the small cog at the top of your profile box (desktop view) or tapping the Settings option in the pullout menu (mobile view).

8-1.png?resize=474%2C326

In there you can amend your account handle (your @name), your display name, email address, password, avatar, header image & your bio. If using the Android app, there is also a toggle option to turn mobile notifications on/off.

OFFICIAL WEBSCRIPTS

Tea & Busquets has a few scripts you can install on your own website, to encourage people to share your content, or to showcase what you’ve been up to on Tea & Busquets itself. We have a share button (you can also create your own to fit in with your sites design), a timeline for users and groups, and the ability to embed a single status on your webpage. If you need any help installing these, let us know.

For more info on how to do this, visit;

https://teaandbusquets.com/blog/webscripts

So what does Tea & Busquets offer?

Tea & Busquets on any device!

We now have quite an intelligent site, Dave (the designer) has shown off a little bit here and designed the site so it can recognise the device you are viewing from and adjust the view accordingly. So whether it be a PC/Mac, phone or tablet you view it on, the way it’s viewed will slightly differ.

Write something down

Like twitter you can tag a friend and get hashtags trending. Also our rich text editor highlights your post as you type.

Make a connection

Follow other users that interest you. As your network grows, Tea & Busquets will begin to recommend other members to interact with.

Group together

Join or create groups. Link your podcast, YouTube, Twitch & article feeds to automatically post to your group and keep your group members up to date. Get notified with our Android app when a group you follow posts something new.

Be unique

Hitting the settings button allows you to change things like your avatar and header, and write a brief bio to tell us more about yourself.

Share with the world

Hit “Like” on a post to let people who visit your profile see what you find interesting. Hit “Share” to repost it on to your followers timeline.

Stay in touch

Your notifications page tells you if people have been interacting with you while you’ve been away. By using our Android app, you’ll get notified in real-time when events & streams are due to start.

Those are some of the little things you can expect to see on Tea & Busquets. However we’ve not mentioned everything and there are lots of other little features too, that we’d like you to discover.

Help

If you’re still unsure of how the site works or are a bit confused, don’t hesitate to use the help section on the site. This covers all the basics of how the site functions and gives you a tour of the site and its features.

Looks great. Wish i had your energy, drive and technical know how... I'm 32 and work in I. T so this should be my bread and butter... But i just never really got into social media... Turning from a lurker to a poster on this forum felt like a giant leap... 

• 1 month later...

Hi Cleon,

Maybe I'm a dinosaur among the young and hip, but I don't know what I need to do to have my blog posts appear in my group (secondcityblues).

You mention RSS feeds but I don't have one... yet. I see everyone else has managed it, I'm just not that savvy with this fancy technology stuff... (still coming to grips with this new wheel thingy!)

Can you set out some instructions like for us dummies?

Thanks, Kel

7 hours ago, kelabb said:

Hi Cleon,

Maybe I'm a dinosaur among the young and hip, but I don't know what I need to do to have my blog posts appear in my group (secondcityblues).

You mention RSS feeds but I don't have one... yet. I see everyone else has managed it, I'm just not that savvy with this fancy technology stuff... (still coming to grips with this new wheel thingy!)

Can you set out some instructions like for us dummies?

Thanks, Kel

You do have a RSS feed, I just been to your site and found it. I'll edit it on the site for you now and then it will pull your last blog post through and then any new ones automatically. 

EDIT - It's now done and working :) https://teaandbusquets.com/+secondcityblues

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, Rien102 said:

@CleonGetting some problem accessing the site via my log in.  Can't seem to go in.  Tried resetting my password but never got the email (checked the spam too)...  I still am logged in via my Android App but can't get in from a browser...  Help???

I've just checked and the emails are working and being sent. DM me your username and I'll manually set you a PW

• 1 month later...
On 03/06/2019 at 12:29, buachuta said:

Is it down? Seems like it's not working for a few days.

On 06/06/2019 at 21:38, Olivierlandman said:

the website is still down? and can't find Cleon on twitter ?

Probably on hiatus/taking a break for a little while. From what I've been told its normal for him to have a bit of time off around this time of year. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...