Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've changed the title so this can be used for talk about the forum rather than updates etc.

Try and keep this thread on topic though. It's primarily here (from now) to discuss the forum rules etc.

Whilst I hate the thought of not being able to post for two seasons outside of one thread (computer was wiped so have no save games - 10 season Arsenal game was deleted :'( ) I'm glad we have this forum - looks excellent.

Any chance, if I could offer proof that the only games I do are long term ones (e.g 8+ seaons) I could start a thread anyway? It'll take me over a month to do two seasons, especially as I'm moving house on the 31st July and won't be able to use my computer for about a week.

:thup:

We are discussing the two season rule, it could go away. Just follow the rules regarding this forum and you'll notice. :)

I'd be glad to see that, cheers for theupdate :thup:

Its a nono for real players/staff.

Including in spoiler tags with notifications in the thread title? I don't want to mention them, just asking the question to clear it up for others. :thup:

Two season rule?

Personally, I wouldn't bother.

As was pointed out previously, if someone posts once or twice and doesn't return, the thread will naturally disappear off the page.

And if you do go with the rule, there might be some users put off going that far back to update their new thread - after all, it could be quite a job for some, depending on how in-depth they go.

The page could get busy enough to demote good threads to the second page, but this shouldn't be a problem. Regulars will have the those threads subscribed, and I'd imagine newcomers would search (I can only dream!!!) for a specific team they had in mind.

That's my thoughts.

The two season minimum has now gone from the rules.

I propose a minimum amount of in-game time between updates though. Thoughts?

I think it is hard to put into writing.

I tend to keep to annual updates, but if anything particularly interesting happens I will post about it 'live', I just find it easier to keep a story going that way. This could mean a series of posts within a small space of time, but only because they are of interest and are worth posting.

The two season minimum has now gone from the rules.

I propose a minimum amount of in-game time between updates though. Thoughts?

I do match by match coverage as my game progresses slowly.

I would say max quarterly updates if not 2 month max

Maybe instead of a set time to do updates there should just be a minimum amount of words per update (eg. at least 50/100 words) too prevent people from writing short updates from every day in the game.

can I just get some advice on this. I've just started a career, will I have to wait until I'm two seasons into it (most likely some time in the next 10/11 days) or can I start posting now?

Post it now.

We'll review the two season rule after things settle down but for now you are free to start posting straight away.

Post it now.

We'll review the two season rule after things settle down but for now you are free to start posting straight away.

So if I were to start a thread now, not get to two seasons by the time the rule was reintroduced, would my thread be closed until the second season was over?

What about aa rule for starting multiple threads? ie. someone comes in starts one about Arsenal, then Barca seconds later? Should there be a limit for the time between a new thread? I can see someone new (no offense to new people) coming in and starting 8 threads about 8 different saves

Archived