The Egyptian king

@Rashidi if it strikes dread into the hearts of your opponents when you have the ball, and does likewise to your fans when you lose it, how about calling it "Red Terror"?

As a United fan I hate to see Liverpool doing well in real life or on FM but that's some impressive scoring you got out of Salah there. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Rashidi said:

So we have finished the season, a proper match by match analysis is done on my YT channel, but for the purposes of this thread:

The goal was to create a Salah Specific system. I also wanted to replicate how Liverpool play irl, by capturing the sense of dread any LFC fan feels when we lose the ball, and the sheer exhilaration we feel when we win it back and start a counter.

To put things in perspective we lost once this season in the Carabao Cup against United, but it was also our only defeat. Along the way we hammered PSG, Real Madrid. We won the FA Cup coming back to score the winner after going down to 9 men, won the champion's league with 10 men after seeing a player sent off in the 6th min.

5accda6737740_ScreenShot2018-04-10at11_37_52PM.thumb.png.403d99df844eed7fbe2c92bd7ea62ed6.png 5accdb015e12d_ScreenShot2018-04-10at11_39_07PM.thumb.png.b78e9968d3e56bdda908ffd67c042ccf.png

Now if you count his two international goals Salah scored 62 goals this season. We haven't named this tactic yet as I am still canvassing for names on social media.

5accdb4674abc_ScreenShot2018-04-10at11_41_36PM.thumb.png.2be02d932630357735c8eb29e02f549c.png

It's a fairly simple system that employs LFCs tactic of smothering midfields they have done it many times this season, and our preferred way of scoring is once we win the ball back in midfield, and this usually results in a lightning quick move that involves either the DLP or the Mez acting as the creative pivots. I use Mane as the AP(S) because I want him to drift laterally along the lines, sometimes he ends up on the right sometimes he hangs about in the middle and this gives him a bit more freedom. The two wingbacks are central to our plan on smothering the midfield. To do that we ask them to sit narrower, this helps the team in possession of the ball and keeps us compact, but once we are in the final third players like the AF or one of the WBs will take the ball wide.

So far this season LFC have been destructive at home winning every single home game this season. A perfect record.

Away from home we have dropped points to :
Hoffenheim
United (1 nil defeat - Carabao Cup)
Man City
Everton
Wolves (FA Cup)
Brighton

We have found it hard against teams that either play a 343 (Wolves) or those that play deep and defensive. Teams that come out and attack us inevitably play to our strengths. In matches where we played against defensive sides we have been forced to play more fluid. 

To maintain Salah's fitness levels we did have two rest days between matches between December and the last game of the season.  A bit of a blemish that Carabao cup defeat to United  but it came hot on the heels of an important league match and a ECL match. We need to do better next season. I wish my Kingstonian side could do this with this system, but they can't. It seems that this system seems to suit LFC's particular players : Trent Alexander Arnold, Salah, Robertson, and the addition of Donnarumma, made all the difference this season, along with Mathis De Ligt, tho to be honest he really only played a lot at the start of the season.

5accdb7039675_ScreenShot2018-04-10at11_42_00PM.thumb.png.c484636a02f1589e653d855083aacd9c.png

'

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.47.04 PM.png

Will this be up for download? Would LOVE to try it!!

5ace24762d6e7_ScreenShot2018-04-11at11_05_46PM.thumb.png.1c4295c75c80aac8906be117d4888bde.png

The Pharaoh seems a popular choice for people, and he's begun season 2 with 4 goals in his first premiership game :-). I still can't get him a 10 match rating yet. This seasons target is 70 goals for him. Even though Egypt didn't make it out of grp stages at the World Cup, I still gave him a week's rest and asked the team to have a 4 week pre season. In preseason we used him sporadically, but he comes out firing in the first game. 

Il y a 6 heures, Rashidi a dit :

I plan to make this and other tactics available in an update to the FM Tactics Handbook which I released last month

Hi Rashisdi! Thanks for your work, tactics and videos! How can we get your FM Tactics Handbook? The link in your video is closed and I wasn't enough fast to suscribe last time. Thanks in advance!

24 minutes ago, malkin17 said:

Hi Rashisdi! Thanks for your work, tactics and videos! How can we get your FM Tactics Handbook? The link in your video is closed and I wasn't enough fast to suscribe last time. Thanks in advance!

You will find the link in the latest videos

22 minutes ago, yonko said:

@Rashidi it seems like you need to include an "easy" button for people. :D It's too hard for some to copy your Salah tactic from the videos and posts.

You can get the base of the tactic just from his posts. If it's not working as well for you as it is for Rashidi with the same players then watch the videos to see what you might have missed. 

21 hours ago, zlatanera said:

You can get the base of the tactic just from his posts. If it's not working as well for you as it is for Rashidi with the same players then watch the videos to see what you might have missed. 

Or just try and use the ideas put forward and develop your own version.  I have a similar set up that looks very similar, but using Very Fluid.  Producing good results, winning PL in first season and currently holding a 10 point lead at Christmas in season 2.

On April 14, 2018 at 09:36, zlatanera said:

My comment was sarcastic, my friend. I have no problem figuring out his tactical set up. Plus, I have been watching enough of his videos to understand how he sets up some of his concepts without even seeing all of this instructions. 

On April 15, 2018 at 08:09, alinp said:

As we're sharing....

fuKSxXc.png?1

I'm somewhat there too. I use Control with Fluid or Structured.

DLP-D instead of CM-D, because I can set less closing down for the role. My Mez is on Support. My SK is also on Support.

And I have a mirrored image of the tactic where Mane is the AF at STCL while Salah is the IF-S, the rest is also flipped.

Front 3, RPM and MEZ close down more.

My TI's are:

Shorter Passing, Pass Into Space, Play Out Of Defense, Push Higher Up, Low Crosses, Prevent Short GK Distribution, Work Ball Into Box. Sometimes I add Roam From Positions too.

2 hours ago, yonko said:

DLP-D instead of CM-D, because I can set less closing down for the role. My Mez is on Support. My SK is also on Support.

And I have a mirrored image of the tactic where Mane is the AF at STCL while Salah is the IF-S, the rest is also flipped.

My TI's are:

Shorter Passing, Pass Into Space, Play Out Of Defense, Push Higher Up, Low Crosses, Prevent Short GK Distribution, Work Ball Into Box. Sometimes I add Roam From Positions too.

Cool....

PI wise, my front 6 all have Tackle Harder, the AF Run Wide, the DLF Move into Channels and the IF Sit Narrower. I like that all the front 6 press, so there's no "less\2 closing down applied.  The RPM & Mezz both have Close Down More & the Mezz also has Dribble More (kinda trying to replicate Ox).  Henderson also has More Direct Passes.  Finally, both WB's have Close Down More, Tackle Harder & Stay Wider.  It's pretty intense and just to add I've also got OI's to Close Down and Tackle Hard on all Defenders, DM's & CM's.

Currently 15 clear with 6 matches to go + UCL QF v Chelsea coming up.

On 13/04/2018 at 18:49, M4nager1a said:

I got you man,that happens in an Underdog team XD

Right now I started with my boyhood club (top half finish). My number 1 striker already got 13 goals in late September. :applause:

1 hour ago, alinp said:

Cool....

PI wise, my front 6 all have Tackle Harder, the AF Run Wide, the DLF Move into Channels and the IF Sit Narrower. I like that all the front 6 press, so there's no "less\2 closing down applied.  The RPM & Mezz both have Close Down More & the Mezz also has Dribble More (kinda trying to replicate Ox).  Henderson also has More Direct Passes.  Finally, both WB's have Close Down More, Tackle Harder & Stay Wider.  It's pretty intense and just to add I've also got OI's to Close Down and Tackle Hard on all Defenders, DM's & CM's.

I don't feel I need Move Into Channels for the DLF because Firmino has that as his PPM anyway. Plus when I play Woodburn or Ings there, they bring something different to the role.

It seem like I'm a little less aggressive/more measured with my pressing. I don't have my WBs close down more and I have even been thinking about having them close down less, because sometimes they get exposed too much for my liking (2vs1), especially on the side where the AF plays. I also like my most defensive midfield to sit and sweep in midfield rather than dive in like the rest.

Otherwise I have the front 3, RPM and MEZ to mark tighter and tackle harder. Plus OIs Always close down on GK, defenders and DMs as well as show to weaker foot to everyone.

After 10 league games in the first season I have allowed only 1 goal so far. Leading on top with 2 points advantage on Chelsea. Smashed Napoli away 5-1 in the CL group game. Typically games go the same way - I score first and then teams open up and go after me. Then they are punished with more goals from the deadly attacking trio. Firmino, Salah and Mane take their turns. :D I have scored some cracking goals and Milner is playing out of his mind in midfield. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16. 4. 2018 at 21:44, alinp said:

Cool....

How many goals has Salah scored?

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 13:53, yonko said:

My comment was sarcastic, my friend. I have no problem figuring out his tactical set up. Plus, I have been watching enough of his videos to understand how he sets up some of his concepts without even seeing all of this instructions. 

My TI's are:

Hello @yonko

In what situations do you switch from fluid to structured?

• 2 weeks later...

This thread and Rashidi's vids on Youtube have been a great help in me starting my new save.

Using a similar system, though im trying out one of the wingbacks on support to see if i can get a bit more defensive stability. 

Now i just need to settle on some good set pieces. 

Archived