Better pitch textures?

stoned_assasin

Hi i'm finding the current pitch textures way too bright, do modded pitch textures from fm 17 etc work with fm18? After checking the install instructions i cannot locate the folder where instructed to place the downloaded files so im guessing things have changed. Is it still possible to change the pitch textures, i never felt the need before but the current textures are killing my eyes.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Altair said:

I am really interested on this. Does anyone know if fez´s enhanced turf textures work on FM 2018 too and how to install it?¿

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fez-enhanced-turf-textures-fm17.html

I tried to get it working yesterday but not much changed, i got the pitch patterns in game but the textures seem the same as before maybe a tad darker. Whats funny though is now i cant get rid of the patterns whether i have the mod installed or not.

hace 12 minutos, stoned_assasin dijo:

I tried to get it working yesterday but not much changed, i got the pitch patterns in game but the textures seem the same as before maybe a tad darker. Whats funny though is now i cant get rid of the patterns whether i have the mod installed or not.

Thanks for the answer.

I Tried everything in data folders in mydocuments too but nothing worked. Can you tell where exactly has to be the files? Steps?¿

hace 45 minutos, stoned_assasin dijo:

It should go in the documents folder. Just incase you aren't doing so make sure to clear cache and reload skin.

I tried on documents/Sports Interactive/football manager 2018/textures/pitch but not working for me. :(

11 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Thats the 1st thing i did mate but thats a different pack from what this guy is talking about, there is no mesh folder with Fez's pack. But going back to those intructions i dint have much joy, like i said i got the patterns to work but no pitch texture changes. Although on some screens like the pre match screen where the camera would zoom around a bit at low level i could notice some damp spots. But as soon as the game starts and im back to my normal choice of camera mode (tv) the pitch looks the same as before but with patterns. Did you get this to work yourself? Also it says to put the pitch folder into the mesh folder, im guessing its the pitch folder thats inside the downloaded mesh folder right? and not the pitch folder from within the textures folder?

Just now, stoned_assasin said:

Thats the 1st thing i did mate but thats a different pack from what this guy is talking about, there is no mesh folder with Fez's pack. But going back to those intructions i dint have much joy, like i said i got the patterns to work but no pitch texture changes. Although on some screens like the pre match screen where the camera would zoom around a bit at low level i could notice some damp spots. But as soon as the game starts and im back to my normal choice of camera mode (tv) the pitch looks the same as before but with patterns. Did you get this to work yourself? Also it says to put the pitch folder into the mesh folder, im guessing its the pitch folder thats inside the downloaded mesh folder right? and not the pitch folder from within the textures folder?

Have a look in the DazS8 group in the "Banter" section, someone is using the fez ones as well.. 

• 2 weeks later...
Il y a 7 heures, firat1973 a dit :

@wkdsoul I'm fez, I've created turf textures for the past few years. But I have to say I followed the instructions by the Dazs8 group and I'm having no luck. Its probably something I'm missing out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

hello @firat1973 and great work on the lawn on the previous FM someone could help because it does very good job too @cordobes1970

7 hours ago, firat1973 said:

@wkdsoul I'm fez, I've created turf textures for the past few years. But I have to say I followed the instructions by the Dazs8 group and I'm having no luck. Its probably something I'm missing out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thats the instruction file i had.

Close FM

Extract mesh and textures folder and put in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018

Clear cache

Load your save game.

5 minutes ago, firat1973 said:

Ok I did all that in the first place. But not working for me.

Thanks for reply anyway. I'll work it out hopefully.

There is a combo pack in Dazs8's group i think.  with a mix of pitch patterns and darker pitches from 17. I use that.  The instructions above were in the read me file.

5a31a5bca1708_HamiltonSerbiansvAbbotsfordMFMariners_MatchPitch-2.thumb.png.1966c97b87356697d4b910db385b5f69.png

On 12/13/2017 at 17:12, wkdsoul said:

There is a combo pack in Dazs8's group i think.  with a mix of pitch patterns and darker pitches from 17. I use that.  The instructions above were in the read me file.

5a31a5bca1708_HamiltonSerbiansvAbbotsfordMFMariners_MatchPitch-2.thumb.png.1966c97b87356697d4b910db385b5f69.png

Are the directions for FM17 the same for FM18?

Where can I find the Resource Archiver Tool? Can't find it in Steam. I only have bought FMT2018, is that the reason? Is Resource Archiver only available to Full Game users? If so can anyone be so kind as to upload only the pitch and balls files, so I can edit them. My eyes are hurting of the standard bright green grass SI uses every year. It has been easy to solve every year, but this year I'M IN TROUBLE. I simply can't make it work.

On 22/12/2017 at 09:29, dimartino said:

Where can I find the Resource Archiver Tool? Can't find it in Steam. I only have bought FMT2018, is that the reason? Is Resource Archiver only available to Full Game users? If so can anyone be so kind as to upload only the pitch and balls files, so I can edit them. My eyes are hurting of the standard bright green grass SI uses every year. It has been easy to solve every year, but this year I'M IN TROUBLE. I simply can't make it work.

Can someone please just tell me the exact path the files should be in the documents folder, so it can work properly? And the files names? I'm really pissed off with this. The standard grass is killing my eyes :P.

4 hours ago, dimartino said:

Can someone please just tell me the exact path the files should be in the documents folder, so it can work properly? And the files names? I'm really pissed off with this. The standard grass is killing my eyes :P.

simatchviewer-pc, extract all files from mesh and textures

2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Unfortunately it seems I will have to buy FM2018 to do that, as a FMT2018 user does not have Resource Archiver "privileges". :p

I was asking for the correct paths hoping I could use last year's texture files. But I'm losing hope. If there was nice soul out there, that would be so kind as to upload the unpacked mesh and textures folders, I would be very grateful! :)

3 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Okay, to have some order with all this, the correct thing to is:

1- extract simatchviewer-pc

2- extract mesh and textures folder to Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/

3- extract files from any pack and place it in mesh and / or text folders

Is this accurate ?

4 minutes ago, dimartino said:

Unfortunately it seems I will have to buy FM2018 to do that, as a FMT2018 user does not have Resource Archiver "privileges". :p

I was asking for the correct paths hoping I could use last year's texture files. But I'm losing hope. If there was nice soul out there, that would be so kind as to upload the unpacked mesh and textures folders, I would be very grateful! :)

You can use last years (or you can for full game) -

The pitch patterns (grass cut styles etc) go into footballmanager18/mesh/pitch. 
The pitch styles (clay/grass folders etc) go into footballmanager18/textures/pitch

I'm using cordobes and fezs from 17.

The balls pack (made by bart) can go into the mesh/ball folder.

Failing that mike will have a proper idea for FMT.

7 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Okay, to have some order with all this, the correct thing to is:

1- extract simatchviewer-pc

2- extract mesh and textures folder to Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/

3- extract files from any pack and place it in mesh and / or text folders

Is this accurate ?

If you are installing a pack just use those ignore 1 & 2. 

I use an edited version of these (you may need to join group) - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1478311135571989&set=gm.1488055307977940&type=3&theater&ifg=1

36 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

If you are installing a pack just use those ignore 1 & 2. 

I use an edited version of these (you may need to join group) - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1478311135571989&set=gm.1488055307977940&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Thanks.

Then, the only thing missing is the pack to download :lol:

Can't find any at fmscout or even using google (fm18 turf / fm18 textures)

I get the message that the content from that link isn't available, the link may have expired .

Just now, pedrosantos said:

Thanks.

Then, the only thing missing is the pack to download :lol:

Can't find any at fmscout or even using google (fm18 turf / fm18 textures)

I get the message that the content from that link isn't available, the link may have expired .

You may need to join the group, still works for me

11 minutes ago, dimartino said:

The footballmanager18 folder you refer to is the one in the user folder, right? And not the data one like last year?

Yes you put them into: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2018

So full path would be;

\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2018\textures\pitch

Inside that folder you should put the various subfolders (clay, damp etc which are the same as last year) and directly in that folder you will need the main pitch files which are called 'detail_grass_1', 'detail_grass_2' upto 'detail_grass_7'

3 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yes you put them into: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2018

So full path would be;

\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2018\textures\pitch

Inside that folder you should put the various subfolders (clay, damp etc which are the same as last year) and directly in that folder you will need the main pitch files which are called 'detail_grass_1', 'detail_grass_2' upto 'detail_grass_7'

Actually the ones I have from last year inside every folder called clay, damp, etc I have these files

bnbvn.png

5 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

These work - https://www.fmscout.com/a-fez-enhanced-turf-textures-fm17.html

The pitch styles (clay/grass folders etc) go into footballmanager18/textures/pitch

Are you sure these are working. If you look at the comments on that post the creator says 

"File format has changed for FM18. I'm currently looking into it."

Archived