FM 18 Tycoon thread

Ross Ingersoll

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BartleyGreenBaggie said:

Keep up the good work Ross - looking forward to seeing what other tycoons pop up.

if you have any requests let me know. have some time this week to mess around with it. I'm currently trying to get some Italian teams done. if you do, let me know what leagues you want loaded, db size or even some custom db. 

21 minutes ago, DavePott said:

Lower league in England would be great 👍

if I can do FC United of Manchester, doesn't get much lower lol. might take me a while for that because for whatever reason I always have a hard time with the lower leagues and tycoons

I have  one for KV Kortrijk in Belgium - this is FMT 2018, got a about 12 leagues loaded.  You'll need to retire my manager, the tycoon has been there less than a month and the transfer window has just opened.  Will upload tomorrow.

btw if you don't mind a clubs current owner being the tycoon there is a easier way, This is from the mod Kubi.....  I prefer game made tycoons myself but this is a good way

It's possible to add a tycoon before you start a saved game by editing the sugardaddy.edt file. (With notepad)

Sugar Daddy parameters:

#  "SUGAR_DADDY" "Sugar Daddy Type" "Club Name" "Alter Starting Finances Flag"

#  e.g "SUGAR_DADDY" "FRONT_END" "Charlton Athletic" "1"

#  "Sugar Daddy Type":

#  FRONT_END - They throw money at the club to spend.

#  BACK_END - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply.

#  UNDERWRITER - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back.

#  "Alter Starting Finances": 

#  1 = true, 0 = false.

#  Allow the sugar daddy to alter starting club budgets or use db values.

In case no-one reads that FM16 thread, I will add a quick thing that I suggested (and perhaps uploaded) onto that thread.  I created a really simple db, where all chairmen were looking to leave the club they were at, at game start.  To do this I simply went through and altered their board and fan support to 1.  If you reduce to 0, it becomes random.  I did this to every club in every major league that I played in (about 12 countries in total) and the results were fun to watch.  I remember Boreham Wood becoming a world force in about 7 seasons! And Liverpool being asset stripped and being in League 2 by 2020!

once a year I make a special save just for the fun of it, decided to post it this time. what I did was take FC Halifax, replace them with huddersfield in the EPL. then I released all the players and coaches and started from scratch. gave the club a 363 million transfer budget and a 153 mill payroll budget. I start the game in brazils start time so its nov of 2016. you don't start playing league games until aug or so of 2017 so gives you plenty of time to build a team. just something I do for the fun of it to see what type of team I can build. btw, I also set them to have a 6200 rep level, which is what brighton has. 

U4kL_HcsQEGywrqEMDoeww.png 3c55g09cQPqGPJpLwIEwNw.png Click Me if you want to try

Archived