FM 2018 - Editor News

KUBI

In-Game Editor

Last year we added the option to set transfer fees when moving a player between clubs via the In-Game Editor. For Football Manager 2018 we’ve added another layer to this feature by allowing more transfer clauses to be set when moving a player in this way. Clauses such as ‘Percentage of Next Sale’, ‘Buy Back Price’ and ‘Selling Team Wage Contribution’ have been added (amongst others), allowing the user to create more realistic transfers, similar to those that would be seen in the real world.

Also along these lines, new clauses can be added to loans set up via the In-Game Editor. For example, ‘Compulsory Purchase Fees’ can now be set after specific requirements have been met during the loan spell.

For the manager who wants to tactically shake-up their opponents, and how their league plays, there now exists the option to edit Staff preferred formations. Each AI manager’s Preferred’, ‘Secondary’, ‘Attacking’ and ‘Defensive’ preset formation can be changed via the In-Game Editor. Editing this will immediately impact which formations are chosen in match by the AI.

As well as editing formations set by staff, this version of the In-Game Editor gives the user another hand in tweaking attributes by including the ‘Recommended Current Ability’ field for the first time when editing staff.

Pre-Game Editor

In previous years it has not been possible to tell if an edit file has been used to create a new save game. In FM 2018’s Pre-Game Editor, hovering over the number of database changes on the Game Status screen reveals the names of any edit files used when creating the game.

Users wishing to utilise certain ‘Player Preferred Moves’ may be interested to learn that this year players can be searched for in the editor by PPM, allowing managers to filter for players who possess a specific PPM when searching the database. In a similar fashion, non-playing staff can be searched for via their ‘Non-Player Tendencies’.

Finally, when setting up new league or cup competitions via the Editor, managers can multi-select match times on fixture lists. This helps when editing competitions on the fly, as previously what should have been a simple change in the standard fixture time for a competition had to be effected by editing each individual match time.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

They do.

So I hope that something actually new and useful will be in new editor. Because if these 'features' above are the only new thing - It will be a joke.

7 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

So, I've bought and installed the in-game editor, my game status says in-game editor allowed "yes" and yet I can't see the in-game editor icon or option anywhere. Does it not work on beta saves? 

it's the same with a new save there is no icon of the editor

3 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I bought via the DLC section, yet the in-game Store appears to want me to pay the £3.99 again. Hang on, it seems to be saying I need to install Touch to play the in-game editor.

I have the 2 versions of games installed and still I do not have the icon of the editor

8 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I bought via the DLC section, yet the in-game Store appears to want me to pay the £3.99 again. Hang on, it seems to be saying I need to install Touch to play the in-game editor.

when I pressed the play now option in sore for the IGE having already paid for it.... it just download FM Touch so something is not right

1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

8a1ba52b58c9b04b6e07be6175378ddb.png

click on play now just downloads FM Touch

and IGE does not show in library

It's not in the library, it's in the game. A drop-down on the top-right.

5 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

exit out of steam

log back in and it will show up under tools

My Fm is 18.1 but says FM Beta in Steam don't know whats going on haha

Didnt work

14 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:
4 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

@KUBI take a look at the message in steam store re IGE 

FROM WHAT IT SAYS IN PURPLE THERE YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD TOUCH TO GET IGE????

that cant be right surely

1e3abe65d85c87c4f1cf45045ffc94c5.png

No, I even tried to install Touch to get the IGE to load, and it did not work. 

What's the deal with the new "current ability-dependent attributes" tab in the pre-game editor? It was my understanding that only determination, natural fitness, flair and determination (and presumably GK attributes for outfield players) had no impact on CA, yet it seems like a lot more attributes (mostly mentals) aren't in that tab. Does that mean those attributes have no impact on the players CA? 

11 hours ago, KUBI said:

Pre-Game Editor

In previous years it has not been possible to tell if an edit file has been used to create a new save game. In FM 2018’s Pre-Game Editor, hovering over the number of database changes on the Game Status screen reveals the names of any edit files used when creating the game.

Users wishing to utilise certain ‘Player Preferred Moves’ may be interested to learn that this year players can be searched for in the editor by PPM, allowing managers to filter for players who possess a specific PPM when searching the database. In a similar fashion, non-playing staff can be searched for via their ‘Non-Player Tendencies’.

Finally, when setting up new league or cup competitions via the Editor, managers can multi-select match times on fixture lists. This helps when editing competitions on the fly, as previously what should have been a simple change in the standard fixture time for a competition had to be effected by editing each individual match time.

Is that only it? That is sum of all new features for the editor?

What about the report of bugs reported by the community in the last few years? I like to know if any of them got fixed in this year's release?

Archived