Fm 16 - Can´t start Fm in Offline Mode anymore

Hello,

I can´t start fm 16 in offline mode.Steam Server are busy.Before it´s always folded. I deleted the Cache etc, nothing helps.I have deinstall Steam and fm and make a reinstall, but this has also no effect.What´s wrong now?I have nothing Change on my PC.

Please help.

Sometimes, restarting the PC helps. (had that issue and restarting fixed it)
Also, you could restart your router (don't know if it can help 100%).
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but, you can change your "Download Region" in Steam->Settings->Downloads and check if the problem is solved.

If none of the above fix it, just wait till tomorrow, I am sure it will be fixed.

I had the same problem yesterday and its happening again today.  Really annoying - I choose offline mode specifically so it doesn't need the internet so why are the steam servers too busy?  I want to play offline!!!!

I miss the old days of having an actual disc.

I've been having this issue for almost 3 days now. The game only starts when Steam is online mode. This is quite a problem for me.

I've restarted the computer several times. Steam is up-to-date. Everything is in order. In fact, I've never encountered this problem until now. I've been playing FM 16 since last summer in offline mode and haven't had this problem before, not even once. Why is it happening all of a sudden now? I haven't made any changes (software or hardware wise) to the computer (or home network) at all. 

Can someone from SI please comment on this? Does it affect all offline-mode players? 

It's unfortunate that after working all week and dealing with life's problems, you come home to enjoy some solid leisure time for a couple of hours and you are stuck with this sort of issue. 

I long for the days of having a disc/non-Steam versions. 

Any help please? I do not have the luxury of re-installing the game and re-updating as I'm playing on a PC with no internet access (personal reasons). It would be a hell of a task to redo all that again.

• Administrators

We've not made any changes to FM16 for quite a while so would be an issue at Steam's end. You would have to contact them directly.

One other thing to bear in mind is if you've recently installed any Windows Updates. You could try rolling back and see if that makes any difference. 

10 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We've not made any changes to FM16 for quite a while so would be an issue at Steam's end. You would have to contact them directly.

One other thing to bear in mind is if you've recently installed any Windows Updates. You could try rolling back and see if that makes any difference. 

It is not just FM16 but all older Fm's, all other games from my steam library are ok including Eastside hocky manager, it's just affecting FM

1 hour ago, Bababui said:

For me, this evening FM 17 and Stellaris wouldnt start offline saying there was no licence. They started fine online. In guessing some hacking is to blame.

In my case I have a dedicated games computer that has not been connected to the internet since the last time I played FM, so I don't think it is hacking to blame

Here is a work around I found.

Windows Key + R

Type steam://flushconfig then press enter. 

Click OK.

You will need to log in to your Steam account again.

Start up FM16 as usual. 

7 hours ago, gavo01 said:

Here is a work around I found.

Windows Key + R

Type steam://flushconfig then press enter. 

Click OK.

You will need to log in to your Steam account again.

Start up FM16 as usual. 

tried this get around but doesnt work in offline mode still?

Any suggestions what I can do to get this going again. Steam is so frustrating. I play fm16 virtually all the time when there is no internet connection so this has totally ruined the game for me :(

Also its only fm16 effected. My other steam games like motorsport manager etc all work fine.

16 hours ago, Mattias333 said:

This is the error message I get when I try to start FM16 in offline mode. Is this the same as yours?

594ba83ae64df_SteamErrorMessage.thumb.png.1b4659d6697bc6af9fa369556820c533.png

If it is, then the work around I provided will get FM16 running in offline mode. (I know this as I have just done it myself to play it this morning). 

18 hours ago, Mattias333 said:

Any suggestions what I can do to get this going again. Steam is so frustrating. I play fm16 virtually all the time when there is no internet connection so this has totally ruined the game for me :(

Also its only fm16 effected. My other steam games like motorsport manager etc all work fine.

As i have already posted it also effects my FM12,FM14 as well as FM16, but not any other games from My steam library.

On 2017-6-19 at 10:53, Neil Brock said:

Who should contact steam to check what is happening are you and not customers, we buy your games and not Steam, it is just a gaming platform, the responsibility of the game support itself is you!

This game is impossible to play online every week of crash dumps in the game, Offline this is almost rare! You should have more respect with your employees and help find this solution as soon as possible!

It is not just Football Manager with this issue. I have this issue with almost all my 2k games and Skyrim so I don't think it's SI's fault. It is a windows issue. Mac and linux are fine.

Archived