FM17: Into the Wild

Rikulec

1 hour ago, Adonalsium said:

Looks like a very troublesome run of games. Just need to concentrate on consistency!

Consistency is something I'd kill for right now. We can go from absolutely amazing 1970s Ajax total football to Manchester City in the first half against Monaco in unbelievably short time spans.

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

Good job to date.  Solid start at FCU and a good move (eventually!) to Trencin.  KUTGW!

Cheers mate. :thup:

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2019 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

xwROkOD.png

GcM3Jgj.png

Another entertaining month as we left most of the business for the last minutes... literally! We fought until the end for results in games that we really should have wrapped up earlier. A good show against Ružomberok leaves me optimistic ahead of the next month though. We're on the right track.

Slovnaft Cup

51xvlxs.png

An easy enough win against lower league opposition.

Second tier Lokomotiva Kosice away up next.

Transfers

Jaroslaw Niezgoda - we lost Uche Nwofor and replaced him with a loanee from Legia. Two goals in his first two games suggest it could be a good spell for the 24-year-old.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2019 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

J7sWiMA.png

eRffnAh.png

We would be so much more dominant if we converted half of the chances we create almost every game.

Slovnaft Cup

PDGhQMk.png

Two more victories, although I'd have preferred to get past Lokomotiva more comfortably.

We travel to another lower league team Haniska for the Quarter Final in March.

Transfers

Bruno Lopes - we don't really need another striker, but he was just too good not to sign. Oh well.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2019 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

aghfHBE.png

S7kmLyu.png

We finally lost, but then we more than made up for this by winning three more games, including a six-point clash against Trnava. With just two games left until the winter break, we've secured the top spot at least until February.

Where's the love for Jakub? Not even amongst the favorites in what I find an unorthodox way of finding manager of the year. :(

Good season so far! Here's to hoping you'll keep the streak going for a long time!

Edit: Streak ended while I was typing.. did I jinx it? :D

15 hours ago, Rikulec said:

uNuekWa.png

Uh... okay?

Seems fair and unbiased. Ask random managers around the world, rather than their fellow colleagues in the Lithuanian league, who will have their grudges.

I mean, you've been following Lithuanian football very closely to be informed on this, haven't you? Who doesn't?

6 hours ago, noikeee said:

Seems fair and unbiased. Ask random managers around the world, rather than their fellow colleagues in the Lithuanian league, who will have their grudges.

I mean, you've been following Lithuanian football very closely to be informed on this, haven't you? Who doesn't?

Sure, I made a totally informed and thoroughly considered vote. :lol:

21 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Where's the love for Jakub? Not even amongst the favorites in what I find an unorthodox way of finding manager of the year. :(

Good season so far! Here's to hoping you'll keep the streak going for a long time!

Edit: Streak ended while I was typing.. did I jinx it? :D

Sorry, missed your post. I don't think I should be considered among the candidates for Lithuanian Manager of the Year. :lol:

You probably haven't jinxed it. Or have you? Thanks for the comment anyway, let's all hope the season stays on the right track.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2019 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

8rAk4DO.png

tT6GyzP.png

Slovan are back in the game as our advantage gets down to six points after a very bipolar month. Into the winter break we go.

Transfers

Romuald Lacazette - a very useful addition to our midfield. Exactly the type of player we needed, and he comes in on a free.

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Sorry, missed your post. I don't think I should be considered among the candidates for Lithuanian Manager of the Year. :lol:

You probably haven't jinxed it. Or have you? Thanks for the comment anyway, let's all hope the season stays on the right track.

:lol:

No worries about it. Seeing how I completely missed the fact it was for the Lithuanian league it wouldn't have been so bad had you missed the post completely haha!

Have I jinxed Rikulecs entire season? Who knows? Follow next episode of bipolar months in Slovakia to find out!

32 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

:lol:

No worries about it. Seeing how I completely missed the fact it was for the Lithuanian league it wouldn't have been so bad had you missed the post completely haha!

Have I jinxed Rikulecs entire season? Who knows? Follow next episode of bipolar months in Slovakia to find out!

Hopefully they won't be as bipolar from now on. Maybe I'll get to pick the best manager of some other country on the way though. :D

Just now, Rikulec said:

Hopefully they won't be as bipolar from now on. Maybe I'll get to pick the best manager of some other country on the way though. :D

Cheers to that - and I'll be ready to complain because you didn't get nominated once again! 

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2020 - FK AS Trenčín

Friendlies

WL90tr9.png

All about getting fit.

Fortuna Liga

SHF7KSf.png

ubxYBfA.png

It was a frustrating game, but we eventually broke them down. Seven points' advantage and a game in hand thanks to TV rescheduling. It's going to be difficult to throw this away.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2020 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

tVSEsgV.png

apvw48H.png

Riiight. We couldn't just make it easy for ourselves, could we? I'll just add that Slovan scored in the 93rd minute after we wasted a couple of great chances to get in front. A turnaround is needed now.

Slovnaft Cup

F0T1tdd.png

At least this was straightforward enough.

We'll play Nitra in a two-legged semi final in April.

Youth Intake

Qeq37Rx.png

Oh boy. This is spectacular. What a jump from what I've become used to at FC United! I think Kolmokov and Toth are my favourites.

Jan Marosi

Lukas Kolmokov

Matej Toth

Peter Brezina

Juraj Straka

Lukas Kocis

Adrian Krizan

Frantisek Vasko

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2020 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

CLrCigQ.png

uhCTreB.png

I'm speechless. An absolutely perfect month by all possible measures, and it came exactly when we needed it most! Slovan are not letting this get away too easily, but with just four games to go we have a relatively comfortable advantage. Who will blink first?

Slovnaft Cup

U66vF1i.png

We slipped up in the first leg, but the second leg was a phenomenal showing and with better finishing we could have put much more past Nitra.

In the final we'll face a second tier side Zvolen, who sensationally eliminated Slovan Bratislava after losing 0:2 at their place only to smash them 3:0 at home. Definitely not a team to underestimate!

37 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

That's a solid YI! 

How far from your starting GK is Matej in terms of CA? He has 2 stars so could maybe get game time in the cup final? :D 

I have another 2* CA newgen goalkeeper who's 17 now, my starter is 3,5*. Safe to say we shouldn't have much trouble in this position anytime soon.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2020 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

QvBbr2o.png

Tc5ogGD.png

Of course we had to make it interesting. From banging our heads against a brick wall in the first game of the month, through giving away two silly goals to Žilina and a very nervy second half against Nitra where we had to withstand surprisingly big pressure, to the final day away at Ružomberok. We needed a win to be sure Slovan wouldn't catch us. If they had won and we hadn't, they would have topped the table on head-to-head. First we lost Mees de Wit to an injury. Just before the break the same happened to Bruno Lopes. Jaroslaw Niezgoda came on... and the guy who was a huge disappointment throughout the whole season gave us the title with two goals and two assists! Football, bloody hell!

Slovnaft Cup

JSnCwEf.png

As I said before, Zvolen turned out to be too strong for Slovan. They were tough opposition for us as well, and they even managed to score first, but a quick enough recovery ensured that the cup would end up in our hands. We've done the double in my first full season at the club!

34 minutes ago, Adonalsium said:

I call it "pre-emptive awarding". The name of Rikulec has penetrated even into the deep wastelands of the Polaks, it seems :D

As if I'd ever actually won anything bigger than Danish top division. :lol:

9 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Impressive showing there!

Good season, what next?

My current contract expires next year, so I'm not considering leaving (unless someone really irresistible comes knocking). Obviously retaining the title will be the aim, and we'll see how far we can get in Europe.

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2019/20 - FK AS Trenčín

Fortuna Liga

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

Well, we did it. There were moments where it seemed we were going to absolutely smash the league, there were moments where I was starting to think we were actually going to throw our massive advantage away. Ultimately it was probably the horrific start that Slovan had that decided the title.

Slovnaft Cup

Competition Performance: Winners

Combine getting favourable draws with other strong teams' disappointing results and you'll get a relatively easy cup campaign.

Europa League

Competition Performance: Fourth Qualifying Round

Wow, that was a real rollercoaster ride, featuring coming back from a 1:3 defeat in the first leg against Celje and letting Austria Wien equalise twice after grabbing 3:0 leads in both games. Shame we couldn't get there in the end.

Squad

An average age of 22 and heaps of potential in pretty much every position. This is only going to get better. We're probably out-Ajaxing Ajax at the moment.

Transfers - Finances

Plenty of incomings, nothing really spectacular though. Transfers out were much more interesting as we made a lot of money without reducing the overall quality of the squad. Wheel and deal, that's how it's done.

The transfer window has been massive for our bank balance. We're very comfortable in the black, we finally have something to build on.

Player of the Season

1st - Mees de Wit - I knew he was going to be a nice addition, but I didn't imagine him becoming an absolutely key component of the squad. And yet, here we are. His contributions have been huge for us, and he often dribbled past two or three players at full speed just for fun. A real joy to watch.

2nd - Reuben Gabriel - like last season, our holding midfielder has been a crucial element of the campaign. He always faced a big task in midfield, providing cover for all the attack-minded players, but thanks to his physicality he can perform exactly that. At the moment I can't imagine the team without him.

3rd - Karel Hrubes - he performed some nice saves after I came to the club last season, but this year he really stepped up to become one of the decisive players for the side. To be honest, our defence isn't really so great, and Karel often comes to the rescue if no one else can stop the opposition. A class goalkeeper.

Next Season

Retain the title, see what we can do in the Champions League. I'd like to get to the Europa groups at least.

33 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Great to see you doing well this time, mate! Following :)

Cheers,
Bitner 

Good to see you back. I'm actually surprised with how well it's going so far!

26 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Nice work, @Rikulec! Congrats on the title, and best of luck in the CL qualifiers!

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2020/21 - FK AS Trenčín

Board Expectations:

Fortuna Liga: Win it
Slovnaft Cup: Final
Champions League: Third Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

Fortuna Liga: Win it.
Slovnaft Cup: Win it.
Champions League: The board's expectations are the very minimum. As said before, I'd love to reach the group stage of either competition.

Budgets:

Transfer: £1,084,851
Wage: £23,458 (currently spending £19,451)
Balance: £2,817,363

59 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

rAKD2CR.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2020/21 - FK AS Trenčín

Board Expectations:

Fortuna Liga: Win it
Slovnaft Cup: Final
Champions League: Third Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

Fortuna Liga: Win it.
Slovnaft Cup: Win it.
Champions League: The board's expectations are the very minimum. As said before, I'd love to reach the group stage of either competition.

Budgets:

Transfer: £1,084,851
Wage: £23,458 (currently spending £19,451)
Balance: £2,817,363

Go on and win it all. I managed Michalovice (spelling) but even with my team being the best @ 2nd tier of Slovakia, i never managed to win it and left. So i respect you, because Slovakia is a tougher league than it seems ;)

Cheers,
Bitner 

2 hours ago, Bitner said:

Go on and win it all. I managed Michalovice (spelling) but even with my team being the best @ 2nd tier of Slovakia, i never managed to win it and left. So i respect you, because Slovakia is a tougher league than it seems ;)

Cheers,
Bitner 

The only thing left for me to win in Slovakia is the Supercup. :p As you can see, Michalovce are a struggling top tier side on my save. Thanks for your kind words.

2 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

The only thing left for me to win in Slovakia is the Supercup. :p As you can see, Michalovce are a struggling top tier side on my save. Thanks for your kind words.

But you're a genius at this game, i'm just a little apprentice. (Who won a match 11-1 yesterday hahahhahaa)

Cheers,
Bitner 

Archived