Scored more goals than them?

Lol, but how...

16 hours ago, thomasmilton said:

Howson 

Haha, very true..

18 hours ago, QuickZombie said:

Pass success in final third?

A factor..

It's all about the last stat in the image, average player rating. The tactic contributes, but the game is full of random factors and complex probability calculations...which means despite them playing better as a team and having better players, I won simply because my lads had a good day. 

In short, this game aims to simulate real life, they had a bad day at the office, no stats or tactic were gonna change that!

Hi Fuss

Long time fan of your tactics and enjoying this one too.  Do find it a little frustrating at times with games such as this with the lack of chances created.  FYI this was the 1st game of the season with only 1 new signing in the starting line up.  I've altered the tactic only with the 1.3 changes you mentioned.  Any suggestions appreciated, Cheers!

Capture1.PNG

On 30/11/2016 at 18:43, Drads said:

Hi Fuss

Long time fan of your tactics and enjoying this one too.  Do find it a little frustrating at times with games such as this with the lack of chances created.  FYI this was the 1st game of the season with only 1 new signing in the starting line up.  I've altered the tactic only with the 1.3 changes you mentioned.  Any suggestions appreciated, Cheers!

Capture1.PNG

Give 1.3 a go from the link, there's a couple of player instructions too.

It's usually all about the first goal...as soon as you can score one, then the flood gates will open as it'll force the opposition to come out and attack, leaving you space to exploit.

It's hard to say exactly what's happening with your team without further info, but looking at those stats I'd guess that you can't work the ball through the opposition. This has partially been an issue when playing at home for me, where other teams will just "park the bus" against me and play for a point, it's a problem that very true to real life at least! When I'm away most other teams will still have a go against me, which leaves my team enough space to store.

The typical advice on this is to switch down to standard or even counter, which will draw the opposition out and give you more space, this can work. The alternative can be to go more attacking and add more creative freedom to try and "unlock" their bulked out defence, this can obviously be dangerous on the counter and I wouldn't suggest it if you're against a fast striker.

The advice isn't simple I know, but basically you need to keep an eye on the game and work out what's going on - if, like i suspect, it's about the opposition playing with 11 men behind the ball, then you need to switch things up just a little to get through 11 men, it might even be that "work ball into box" is good for Spurs, you've got a talented technical team, it doesn't work for me, but then my boys haven't got the level of composer and finishing your's have.

1.2 Still working wonders for me:

End_of_Jan.png

Knocked out of the English FA Cup straight away but the tactic has me top of the championship and in the Final of the EFL cup in the first year with Leeds United. I will download 1.3 and have it training as my back up tactic.

Maybe switch to it towards the end of the season where people seem to experience a decline in results.

1 hour ago, JJSaxton said:

1.2 Still working wonders for me:

End_of_Jan.png

Knocked out of the English FA Cup straight away but the tactic has me top of the championship and in the Final of the EFL cup in the first year with Leeds United. I will download 1.3 and have it training as my back up tactic.

Maybe switch to it towards the end of the season where people seem to experience a decline in results.

Glad to hear it, very similar results to myself with Norwich then.

I think a control tactic works best when you're the underdog and you're given space to operate.

2 hours ago, dking said:

Nope not working for me. Five games played and one goal scored, which was an own goal and just been destroyed by Arsenal 5 - 0.

Coutinho and Mane have ratings of 6.6 and 6.63.

2 hours ago, dking said:

I'm guessing you've tried this with wing backs?

2 hours ago, dking said:

Three matches into my first season with Liverpool and we've scored 1 goal. Not looking good at all. I'll persevere for 10 games and see what happens.

Is there a reason you're just thread trashing at this point? You could offer some sort of information so I could help you solve your problems instead of posting lots of one-liners one after the other? It's pretty clear from the rest of the thread what a constructive response would look like.

Edit: Just to test a did a quick start with Liverpool...suggest you look at your management style!

20161202172554_1_zpsasavxrlz.jpg

9 minutes ago, ednab said:

In version 1.3 I also ticked pump ball into box (now red) cause that gives my team every option to go forward.

If you tick pump ball into box it'll change a number of other settings!!!

1 hour ago, FuSS said:

Is there a reason you're just thread trashing at this point? You could offer some sort of information so I could help you solve your problems instead of posting lots of one-liners one after the other? It's pretty clear from the rest of the thread what a constructive response would look like.

Edit: Just to test a did a quick start with Liverpool...suggest you look at your management style!

I'd say that the opening post of instructions about team talks etc. hasn't been read in this case. I follow this to your word Aggressive I expect nothing less than a win then Assertive I have faith in you if the players don't react green. Also as you suggested at half time if only a player or two is performing 7.0 or over an Aggresive I expect to see something else in the second half or any other similar option. Any who reacts badly at this point I substitute this only happens with one player every 3/4 games not often.

There has been a game or two which have been some of my Losses that I have forgotten to follow this and have asked the assistant to do the Team talks (just out of force of habit / it been one of the bottom teams and wanting to get into the match quick expecting a win) and the team never gets going resulting in a poor end product. Seems that definitely from my experiences so far that team talks make a massive difference this year.

2 hours ago, FuSS said:

No need to be quite so precious as "trashing" your thread was never my intention. I was Just stating results and how they were going in real time, which wasn't well at all and also wanted to know if you'd used wing backs as I was trying them out.

Thanks for taking the time to make the tactic, but it's not for me.

9 minutes ago, dking said:

No need to be quite so precious as "trashing" your thread was never my intention. I was Just stating results and how they were going in real time, which wasn't well at all and also wanted to know if you'd used wing backs as I was trying them out.

Thanks for taking the time to make the tactic, but it's not for me.

No worries, but posting multiple one-line posts just saying something isn't working isn't useful for anyone. I'm very happy to help you setup your team for success, but need to know what is happening during the matches, how they are being played out, etc, else I have nothing to go on.

55 minutes ago, JJSaxton said:

I'd say that the opening post of instructions about team talks etc. hasn't been read in this case. I follow this to your word Aggressive I expect nothing less than a win then Assertive I have faith in you if the players don't react green. Also as you suggested at half time if only a player or two is performing 7.0 or over an Aggresive I expect to see something else in the second half or any other similar option. Any who reacts badly at this point I substitute this only happens with one player every 3/4 games not often.

There has been a game or two which have been some of my Losses that I have forgotten to follow this and have asked the assistant to do the Team talks (just out of force of habit / it been one of the bottom teams and wanting to get into the match quick expecting a win) and the team never gets going resulting in a poor end product. Seems that definitely from my experiences so far that team talks make a massive difference this year.

I agree about team talks - I've noticed that the colour system is very misleading on team talks.

Turning players "green" isn't really helpful, it's about the context - I find making players "look happy" usually makes them perform worse, I'm always aiming to made the "look focused" or "look fired up"...but they all get the same green indicator...some work for SI there!

It's the same for moral, it seems just because some one moral is superb doesn't mean it's not worth doing a one-tone talk on there form and getting them that little bit extra fired up, it still makes a big difference, but there's not really anywhere that's demonstrated on the interface.

2 hours ago, FuSS said:

If you tick pump ball into box it'll change a number of other settings!!!

I know and then I click them also till they are all white. Thought that when it's red my players will avoid to pump the ball into the box so it limits there possibilities...

9 hours ago, FuSS said:

Give 1.3 a go from the link, there's a couple of player instructions too.

It's usually all about the first goal...as soon as you can score one, then the flood gates will open as it'll force the opposition to come out and attack, leaving you space to exploit.

It's hard to say exactly what's happening with your team without further info, but looking at those stats I'd guess that you can't work the ball through the opposition. This has partially been an issue when playing at home for me, where other teams will just "park the bus" against me and play for a point, it's a problem that very true to real life at least! When I'm away most other teams will still have a go against me, which leaves my team enough space to store.

The typical advice on this is to switch down to standard or even counter, which will draw the opposition out and give you more space, this can work. The alternative can be to go more attacking and add more creative freedom to try and "unlock" their bulked out defence, this can obviously be dangerous on the counter and I wouldn't suggest it if you're against a fast striker.

The advice isn't simple I know, but basically you need to keep an eye on the game and work out what's going on - if, like i suspect, it's about the opposition playing with 11 men behind the ball, then you need to switch things up just a little to get through 11 men, it might even be that "work ball into box" is good for Spurs, you've got a talented technical team, it doesn't work for me, but then my boys haven't got the level of composer and finishing your's have.

Cheers, I find changing to counter sometimes works.  I also keep another tactic available and occasionally use that for a home game just to throw a 'curve ball' in there and freshen things up.  Looking forward to V1.3 once the download Is back up!

Hi Fuss, 

Big fan of your work. I play on FMT on the iPad version so I downloaded the tactic to my pc and replicated it as close as is possible on the iPad version.

I started as my team, Sheff Utd in league 1. Board expectations are playoffs/promotion. The team is more than capable of this and should be considered favourites in most matches. I felt this to be a good test for this tactic.

I have played through until approx. October so far and my observations are as below:

• For those struggling with this tactic initially, give it time. In pre season my players struggled against lesser opposition (even with the tactical fluidity on FMT always at full). After 4 or 5 friendlies, things started to click into place. We are still unbeaten in the league and haven't had a match where the opponent has troubled us very much.
  • In the lower leagues, finding anyone who can play as a CF is virtually impossible. I changed the CF to a DLF as this was a role my 2 striking options can both play. I tried the CF role in pre season but neither really took to it. Since then, the striking performances have improved.
  • In terms of style of play, this is one of my favourite tactics ever! Even at league 1 level, the passing and movement is a joy to watch. The player on the ball always has options for a pass, the off the ball movement creates openings and pulls the opposition defence apart and the chances it creates are wonderful. 
  • Defensively, it's been very sound for me. I have played 8 league games and conceded only two goals, both from silly mistakes from my CBs who took too long on the ball as the deepest man and got robbed leaving a one on one for the opposing striker. I watch on extended highlights so I can see how it is working in more detail and we have rarely been troubled in most games.
  • Offensively, not the best but only because of the quality of players at this level I feel. In the 8 league games, we have only scored 11 goals, and 4 of those came in the first half of 1 match! I think if I was playing as a bigger team with better quality players, the goals scored would be far higher. This is because my team are creating 4 or 5 CCC per game and having 15-20 shots on goal. If they had better attributes and decision making, I'm sure we would have seen more converted chances.
  • One thing I have done is to set opposition instructions myself game by game based on reading other threads and tactics. I have been setting opposition full backs/wing backs to show onto the opposite foot (Left side on to right foot etc), same for their wingers/wide midfielders. We tight mark and close down always for these wingers, and also any AM and strikers they have whilst showing these onto weaker foot. From what I have seen in the match engine, it has helped with us limiting the opposition to long range efforts and we seem to press more and win the ball back far better, particularly on the wings. 

To summarise, one of the best tactics I have used on any version of FM. For anyone reading the thread unsure as to whether to give it go, it is well worth it providing you are willing to give it time.

18 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Hi Fuss, 

Big fan of your work. I play on FMT on the iPad version so I downloaded the tactic to my pc and replicated it as close as is possible on the iPad version.

I started as my team, Sheff Utd in league 1. Board expectations are playoffs/promotion. The team is more than capable of this and should be considered favourites in most matches. I felt this to be a good test for this tactic.

I have played through until approx. October so far and my observations are as below:

• For those struggling with this tactic initially, give it time. In pre season my players struggled against lesser opposition (even with the tactical fluidity on FMT always at full). After 4 or 5 friendlies, things started to click into place. We are still unbeaten in the league and haven't had a match where the opponent has troubled us very much.
  • In the lower leagues, finding anyone who can play as a CF is virtually impossible. I changed the CF to a DLF as this was a role my 2 striking options can both play. I tried the CF role in pre season but neither really took to it. Since then, the striking performances have improved.
  • In terms of style of play, this is one of my favourite tactics ever! Even at league 1 level, the passing and movement is a joy to watch. The player on the ball always has options for a pass, the off the ball movement creates openings and pulls the opposition defence apart and the chances it creates are wonderful. 
  • Defensively, it's been very sound for me. I have played 8 league games and conceded only two goals, both from silly mistakes from my CBs who took too long on the ball as the deepest man and got robbed leaving a one on one for the opposing striker. I watch on extended highlights so I can see how it is working in more detail and we have rarely been troubled in most games.
  • Offensively, not the best but only because of the quality of players at this level I feel. In the 8 league games, we have only scored 11 goals, and 4 of those came in the first half of 1 match! I think if I was playing as a bigger team with better quality players, the goals scored would be far higher. This is because my team are creating 4 or 5 CCC per game and having 15-20 shots on goal. If they had better attributes and decision making, I'm sure we would have seen more converted chances.
  • One thing I have done is to set opposition instructions myself game by game based on reading other threads and tactics. I have been setting opposition full backs/wing backs to show onto the opposite foot (Left side on to right foot etc), same for their wingers/wide midfielders. We tight mark and close down always for these wingers, and also any AM and strikers they have whilst showing these onto weaker foot. From what I have seen in the match engine, it has helped with us limiting the opposition to long range efforts and we seem to press more and win the ball back far better, particularly on the wings. 

To summarise, one of the best tactics I have used on any version of FM. For anyone reading the thread unsure as to whether to give it go, it is well worth it providing you are willing to give it time.

Which version are you using?

Just now, BuryBlade said:

Hi Chris,

I'm using version 1.3 - I managed to download it yesterday when it first got posted. When Fuss managed to get it back online, it's well worth using. 

Cool, I play Touch on the iPad too, 1.2 was rocking for the 1st quarter of the season for me then fell to pieces! Really keen to try 1.3.

Tip for you, rather than copying from PC version to iPad its far easier to use the cross save function. I always start a game on PC, get it set up then just cross save across to my iPad!

4 hours ago, christrott79 said:

Cool, I play Touch on the iPad too, 1.2 was rocking for the 1st quarter of the season for me then fell to pieces! Really keen to try 1.3.

Tip for you, rather than copying from PC version to iPad its far easier to use the cross save function. I always start a game on PC, get it set up then just cross save across to my iPad!

I could never get the cross save function working on 16. Is there anything I have to do, settings wise on either iPad or steam to make this work, or is it because the save has to start from pc (my save last year started on iPad and I tried to move it to pc?)

27 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

I could never get the cross save function working on 16. Is there anything I have to do, settings wise on either iPad or steam to make this work, or is it because the save has to start from pc (my save last year started on iPad and I tried to move it to pc?)

Oh really, no settings to change as far as I am aware, never had any problems before my self. 

When you are on main menus screen on iPad, go to cross save option, this should bring up your save games, click upload save game. 

When you load up pc version, go to load game, choose cloud instead of local and the file you uploaded should be there ready to load!

apologies for going off topic Fuss, any ideas when you can get 1.3 back up?

14 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Hi Chris,

I'm using version 1.3 - I managed to download it yesterday when it first got posted. When Fuss managed to get it back online, it's well worth using. 

Any chance of uploading 1.3?

i have tried a game with 1.2 again but after 2 months my Spurs side completely forget how to play football!

I have been playing Football Manager Series since cm 01-02

It was less complicated back then, a few arrows in tactics and you were done haha.

I like the new challenging version, it might be a bit complicated if you are new to this game but it's still fun.

Anyways,

I stopped making my own formations last year, i used to post tactics here too and decided to give your 1.3 a go and I can say that it's a good solid formation.

My results so far...

Great job fuss. Keep it up. Started with Besiktas game, I made a mistake by not doing early season option so the tactic was not ready, and i didn't have the staff I want to train my players, etc. 

No new players. First season.

Only new staff, director and assistant manager to pick my oi and motivation talk. 

Impressed with 0-5 away Besiktas win too!

482730_20161203184507_1.png

7 hours ago, Wecantstopwewontstop said:

It was less complicated back then, a few arrows in tactics and you were done haha.

I like the new challenging version, it might be a bit complicated if you are new to this game but it's still fun.

Anyways,

I stopped making my own formations last year, i used to post tactics here too and decided to give your 1.3 a go and I can say that it's a good solid formation.

My results so far...

Great job fuss. Keep it up. Started with Besiktas game, I made a mistake by not doing early season option so the tactic was not ready, and i didn't have the staff I want to train my players, etc. 

Only new staff, director and assistant manager to pick my oi and motivation talk. 

Can you upload the 1.3 tactic?

On 03/12/2016 at 09:58, BuryBlade said:

Hi Fuss, 

Thanks for helping out, always appreciate thoughtful input.

On 04/12/2016 at 02:45, Wecantstopwewontstop said:

Anyways,

My results so far...

Looking good, thanks for the post.

I'll be very interested to see how you do with "look for overlap" turned off if you're up for an experiment?

23 hours ago, pn75 said:

Working with 1.2 right now and it's going well with Hartlepool, intrigued by 1.3, does someone fancy sending me it whilst we wait for the upload link?

now on the front page again!

On 03/12/2016 at 16:01, christrott79 said:

Oh really, no settings to change as far as I am aware, never had any problems before my self. 

When you are on main menus screen on iPad, go to cross save option, this should bring up your save games, click upload save game. 

When you load up pc version, go to load game, choose cloud instead of local and the file you uploaded should be there ready to load!

apologies for going off topic Fuss, any ideas when you can get 1.3 back up?

On 03/12/2016 at 21:41, kingodisko26 said:

Link?

it's back up, sorry for the delay, busy wknd!

So I've decided that I personally don't like "look for overlap", so have a released a slightly adjusted version without it (1.3.1), that's the only change. I've also had a lot of success against bigger teams using STANDARD mentality, so thought I'd upload that too, again that's the only change.

1.3.1 (STANDARD): http://www.mediafire.com/file/7o60n2tjtvcb4cg/FuSStigate_1.3.1_(STANDARD).fmf

1.3.1 (CONTROL): http://www.mediafire.com/file/l1ipvq679qt5tvc/FuSStigate_1.3.1_(CONTROL).fmf

1.3 (with overlap): http://www.mediafire.com/file/sq1lnk7oiopc3jv/FuSStigate_1.3.fmf

:stop:How do you find long save satisfaction by exploiting the game this way? I mean, it's obviously game's fault, that this tactic destroys everything, but winning every game with putting relatively no effort, how do you enjoy the game playing like that? 

5 minutes ago, Haiku said:

:stop:How do you find long save satisfaction by exploiting the game this way? I mean, it's obviously game's fault, that this tactic destroys everything, but winning every game with putting relatively no effort, how do you enjoy the game playing like that? 

It's not like its some 1-1-8 formation with corner routine that is breaking the game....! :D

15 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I never usually get more than 4-5 seasons through a game before the next version comes out. It usually takes me months to create such a tactic and analyse and test absolutely every variation...I've managed it much sooner this year because this is basically my FM16 tactic and I'm just giving you my tactic, for my team, as it evolves, I'm not building a tactic for the community for the first time, so I'm not invested in it working or not for others this year!

So in answer to your question - I've no idea, I don't usually get this far! I usually consider it me vs the game/SI.

42 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I am going to take that as a compliment to you Fuss I think!

To be fair everyone likes to play the game differently, personally I like to build a squad and then bring youngsters through to replace that squad and on and on, taking Spurs to world domination. I found the FM 2005 was the last time I could just put a basic 4-4-2 together and play the game from there on as I enjoy to, therefore I have downloaded a tactic that has allowed me to, many of which have been Fuss' over many variations  

I decided to give 1.2 another run, won league with Spurs 1st season  for the second half of the season I implemented the OI's you mention for every game, regardless of the opposition. To be fair I had loads of injuries so think I could have done even better. Second season has started well, beat Man U 4-2 in charity shield, Man City 7-1(!) at home in first game of season  followed by convincing wins against West Brom and Liverpool and a 1-1 draw away to Chelsea. 

Just fired up a new save to give 1.3 a run, apologies I can't be of any useful tactical feedback but like to let you know how I'm getting on. 

Thanks, enjoying Fm17 at last!

8 hours ago, FuSS said:

Looking good, thanks for the post.

I'll be very interested to see how you do with "look for overlap" turned off if you're up for an experiment?

Sure thing, I just started my second season. I will get back to you with results.

I got a few new people in my team too, i need them to get to know each other as well but i am up for an experiment.

13 hours ago, christrott79 said:

I am going to take that as a compliment to you Fuss I think!

To be fair everyone likes to play the game differently, personally I like to build a squad and then bring youngsters through to replace that squad and on and on, taking Spurs to world domination. I found the FM 2005 was the last time I could just put a basic 4-4-2 together and play the game from there on as I enjoy to, therefore I have downloaded a tactic that has allowed me to, many of which have been Fuss' over many variations  

I decided to give 1.2 another run, won league with Spurs 1st season  for the second half of the season I implemented the OI's you mention for every game, regardless of the opposition. To be fair I had loads of injuries so think I could have done even better. Second season has started well, beat Man U 4-2 in charity shield, Man City 7-1(!) at home in first game of season  followed by convincing wins against West Brom and Liverpool and a 1-1 draw away to Chelsea. 

Just fired up a new save to give 1.3 a run, apologies I can't be of any useful tactical feedback but like to let you know how I'm getting on. 

Thanks, enjoying Fm17 at last!

Thanks.

Sounds great. Spurs are usually my test team because they nearly always have very good Full-Backs, which are probably the hardest position to come by in this game.

I'm doing thing weirdly this year as I usually restart a game and test with my tweaks...this year I'm just playing normally, so any changes I make might be good only for my team, I'm not testing, so can't really tell!

So any thoughts you have on 1.2 vs 1.3.1 would be greatly received! 

Hi Fuss, I'm enjoying the latest tactic a lot now. 2 Questions for you and I'm sorry if already covered.

What do you do when a man down?

In my last game they equalized late after dm got sent off. I guess I should have switched him to DLP and removed tackle harder or when he's on 1st booking should I sub him as the DM is important to the shape.

And do have you any player filters?

2 hours ago, mcgaffer said:

Hi Fuss, I'm enjoying the latest tactic a lot now. 2 Questions for you and I'm sorry if already covered.

What do you do when a man down?

In my last game they equalized late after dm got sent off. I guess I should have switched him to DLP and removed tackle harder or when he's on 1st booking should I sub him as the DM is important to the shape.

And do have you any player filters?

The DM is the most likely player to get sent off, he'll get a more than his fair share of yellows each season, but that's the price for that role. If we go down to 10 I usually remove one of the CM(A)'s and replace the DM. Try to keep an eye on how many fouls he's racking up, I often sub mine at about 70mins if he's on a yellow already.

Archived