• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sv Babelsberg 03

894px-SV_Babelsberg_03_logo.svg.png

Season 2021-2022 Year End Review

Our first season in the Bundesliga didn't go as I expected, really.  We got off to a strong start (at one point ripping off 4 wins in a row) and settled into a comfortable midtable position, which we never surrendered.  In the end, we finished a solid 12th.

Table - As you can see, we finished well above the relegation battle and were in and among the midtable.

Cup - We went on an excellent cup run this year.  We knocked out Hertha in the 3rd round, Frankfurt in the 1/4 final and went into a home tie with Leipzig for a shot at the final up for grabs.  Unfortunately RBL ran out deserved winners.  Still it was very good for us financially to get to the Semi-final.  Gotta admit I had dreams of Europe there for a few moments...

Transfers - We weren't overly active in the transfer market.  We generally sold off our chaff and stuck to what got us promoted last year.

In January, Hamburg activated Diaz's release clause and he was off to a bigger club for 8 million pounds.  He would go on to score a single goal for HSV in the remainder of the season.

Finances - We're rich (thanks, Bundesliga prize money).  We spent almost nothing on wages this year (there were 2.Bundesliga teams that outspent us by some margin.  I run a tight ship!)

End of Year Awards - Laurin von Piechowski, who has been at the club since the 3.Bundesliga was named Fans player of the year again.  Legend.

Key Players - Best XI (5-3-2WB)

GK - Caillard - Kept his place from last year and played well despite the step up in competition.

DCR - Gersbach - That last name really sounds German, doesn't it?  Nope.  Aussie.  We've had good success with bringing in cheap Aussies, and Gersbach looks like he could be a fantastic player if he develops.

DC - von Piechowski - Could von Piechowski handle the step up to the Bundesliga?  Of course he could.  He was arguably our best player too, chipping in with 3 goals.

DCL - Magnusson - Snapped him up for like 250k which was an absolute steal.  He's nothing more than decent, but he is experienced.

RWB - Dardouri - Isn't really a great fit for the system as he's much more of defensive fullback than an attacking wingback, he's done a good job in that position.

LWB - Baltham - Another solid season from the Moroccan left back

CM(At) - Stulac - Decent season from the Slovenian.  The Bundesliga looks like it might be a bit too tough for him, but he's still a good player to have around.

CM(DLP) - Gutierrez - The American was very solid again this year.  My coaching staff don't rate him, but I have to explain to them he's one of our best players!  Idiots.

CM(BBM) - Khedira - Another good season for Sami's little brother Rani.

ST- Lesniak - An absolute mountain of a man, we've found the Polish Jan Koller.  Unfortunately, unlike Jan Koller, Fillip doesn't have a nose for goal.  Nice player to have though. 

ST- Pellegrino - When one of your key strikers has 4 goals in the league, you know that it's a problem.  He's just not good enough for this level.  (I like him though).

Young Players/Prospects

Kostic - The sole prospect I have any faith in actually developing.

Pain - What a name.  Sounds like a WWE wrestler.  Promising Aussie striker that looks like he might become a decent poacher.

Next Season

The Board is building a new stadium....kind of.  Would be nice if they let me know what is going on!  Otherwise we'll push on and continue to bring in some better players to drive us forward.  Really having fun with this save, the Bundesliga is such a nice league to play in, and playing 34 league games means I can really fly through the seasons.

This is part of some good news, love this achievement...Down 2-0 at half time, come back and win (It helped that they had 10 men :P)

Screen Shot 12-10-16 at 05.56 AM.PNG

Had to add this as well...one of my subs is sitting in middle of the pitch

Screen Shot 12-10-16 at 06.22 AM.PNG

It shows me as having 12 outfielders on the pitch in 2D view...is hilarious (Not interacting with the play...someone has posted bug already)

ASD L'Aquila 1927

150px-AquilacalcioSM.PNG

Midseason Update

Serie C 2017/18

| Table | Transfers | Squad Stats | League Fixtures | Cup Fixtures |

Transfers

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
31-08-17 Timo Righetti MC Free €0
31-08-17 Marco Iudica DC Free €0
31-08-17 Giulio Gambardella DR Free €0
31-08-17 Marvin Maietti MC Free €0
31-08-17 Emanuele Spinozzi DM Free €0
31-08-17 Michael Pittnauer AMR Free €0
19-09-17 Diego Acunzo MC Free €0
30-11-17 Samuele Pigazzini AMRL Free €0
Future Tranfers
03-01-18 Diego Abis GK Aprilia €0
03-01-18 Alessio Adamo AMC Castel del Piano €0
03-01-18 Elton Copa GK Gallipoli €0
03-01-18 Yuri Galli AMC Accademia Pavese €0
03-01-18 Niccolo Lari DM Esperia Viareggio €0
03-01-18 Manuel Ruggiero ST Renato Curi Angolana €0

I added two more starters during this period, Maietti & Pittnauer will start for the team, Spinozzi was going to but the form of Lauro has kept him out of the squad. Now down to just a single loan player in my starting XI

Serie C Cup

I had wanted this to be the preseason warm-up we needed, but a surprise series of wins in the group stage saw us through to the 2nd Round (Not sure why we got to skip the 1st round, was before draw was done)

Screen Shot 12-10-16 at 11.05 AM.PNG

In the second round we travelled to Terrana, and were delighted to turn around a 2-0 halftime deficit and win the game 4-2 with four different goalscorers getting involved, it was just awesome. We then met Livorno in the 3rd round, I never thought we'd be in this match as they are comfortably winning our division and had already beaten us 3-2 with us needing a penalty to even make that close, when we scored first I tried to pull back a bit, it backfired as they then ripped us apart scoring 3 in the first half, in the second we were closer to scoring, than they were, but it was very tight and we couldn't finish it off.

Serie C

Screen Shot 12-10-16 at 11.12 AM.PNG

The table above shows it all, was a bit of a rollercoaster early on as we only won 2 of our first 6 games, but we have only lost 1 game since then through 13 and have gone 9 league games without defeat which has moved us up to the playoff positions instead of being in the playout situation. I really enjoyed our 3-0 result over Siena (12th) which saw Malcore score twice.

Squad Update

Mostly happy with the squad, my 10 outfielders are all signed for next season, I've been chasing a lot of youth for the reserve teams, and most happily is that Lauro has played 21 games with 3 goals, 2 assists & a 7.09 average rating. 

Screen Shot 12-10-16 at 11.16 AM.PNG

clubs37.png

Dinamo St. Petersburg

2020-21 Season Review

League  |  Squad  |  Schedule 1 - Schedule 2  |  Transfers  |  Finances

Transfers

Loans and young promises in. Yepifanov, a 19yo winger brought in two season ago on free, out. This time I decided the price, and added the 50% on next sell. And Bakatin bought completely. He was russian..then decided to play for Cyprus, so I gained another foreigner (6 is the limit on field) :rolleyes:

I have high hopes for Kamal and Roberts.

Competitions

This was really hard, as expected. The first match with Mordovia, where they reached the draw on the last second with a 35 meters long shot, and the Zenit draw, again, reached on the last minute where we would have had a great victory.

What saved us were the many draws, especially the last match against Lokomotiv, that allowed us to join the playout. A big sigh of relief as we won them only on penalties...

Finances / Board

1 million in bank thanks to the sell of Yepifanov and...the change of the chairman. Ours retired, another local guy bought the team, paid off the debts with a bank loan. But no investments, so I'll have to continue with a tight budget. Let's hope with the second year in the Premier Liga the sponsors will be more generous.

Next season

Staying out of the relegation zone... a season without fear until the last second would be good. Always with an eye on the young players, as they are the lifeline of the club.

@Amethyst21  -  good solid first season in the Bundesliga.  Unlucky with the cup run – though I guess getting knocked out by the winners is some comfort.  Von Piechowski’s performances belied his stats and you have a solid team there.  A goalscorer and who knows where you could finish with a few other additions.

@Lower Leagues Rule  -  looks like a solid season there so far.  You have to be happy really overall.  Good luck for the rest of the season.

@fabreth   -  well done on surviving the first season in the Premier Division – just!!  Good luck next season.

19 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

@Lower Leagues Rule  -  looks like a solid season there so far.  You have to be happy really overall.  Good luck for the rest of the season.

Lost 6 Starters during the Winter Break, all to injury...first game back against the team leading the division...just a 1-0 loss so happy enough, 2nd game vs the team in 2nd 2-1 loss...but means we have played the top 2 teams, and still in Playoff hunt.

5 hours ago, Lower Leagues Rule said:

Lost 6 Starters during the Winter Break, all to injury...first game back against the team leading the division...just a 1-0 loss so happy enough, 2nd game vs the team in 2nd 2-1 loss...but means we have played the top 2 teams, and still in Playoff hunt.

can't grumble too much with that then...

clubs37.png

Dinamo St. Petersburg

2021-22 Pre-Season

Transfers

So what did I say? High hopes on Roberts, right? Well seems like I was right. On the last day of the transfer window PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid all came for him. He had a 5 million clause, and of course he wanted to leave. I managed to get more.

This maybe will allow us to stay safe on the financial side for a while, and for this season I get him back on loan.

Of the new arrivals, I have hopes for Xulu, and Ignatjev (i hope he reaches his potential, because some day Roberts will go away, and also because he's russian).

Doesn't appear on the list, but it's important the renewal of Bennett's loan.

I'll end this little presentation showing two key players:

Saramutin - here from year 2017, became our captain in 2020 after Markosov. a key element in the midfield and example for the young

Markov - here from 2018, new vice-captain, last year i was afraid about the impact with a higher league, but he continues to be a solid forward who make his contribute

47 minutes ago, wynter said:

9efc3c83ea814cd5cdfbe49f0e7b363f.png

Interesting Group for our first crack at Europe, will see how we get on. Wi-Fi in Hotel is pretty ****** so will see how things are at the next one in terms of a massive update :) 

could have been a tougher draw...  good luck with it.

Thats a pretty nice group for Europe, good Luck @wynter

As for me...season coming to a close, we're 15pts from relegation, with 6 games remaining (Pretty safe given it's also 10pts back to 11th)

And then this...

Screen Shot 12-13-16 at 09.53 AM.PNG

They only wanted a 1yr contract, I convinced them stabilty of two was better...

2 hours ago, Wynters said:

Nice work LLR, hopefully you can push on next season :) (No chance of playoffs?) 

Just got a 0-1 win away to Standard, solid way to kick off the proceedings. 

It looks like I will make the playoffs, am in 10th (Final playoff spot), and 4pts ahead of 11th with 2-3 games to go), been in 10th for about 20 straight games.

clubs37.png

Dinamo St. Petersburg

2021-22 Half-Season

Schedule  |  League  |  Squad

Well... that's better. A little tactical change to almost always play with two strikers, because i need to play together Markov and Roberts any time I can. And they're very good together. Roberts shows his talent in goals, assists and great performances. That's business, almost 9 millions, no wage and his performances for the team :rolleyes:

There's only one little big problem in this. Our best performers, the "terrible 19 years old", are all on loan. Let's just try to do the better we can, with a good position reputation could increase and, consequently I hope, the sponsor's money. Then there's next season to think about..next season

A final day 3-3 draw with Como has seen us into the playoffs in 10th. I am not hopeful given results against some of the teams from 2nd to 4th

Drawn Pistoiese in the Playoffs, both our games this season ended 0-0

It looked like headed for a third draw, our Goalie was AMAZZING...and then...

Screen Shot 12-14-16 at 12.58 PM.PNG

ASD L'Aquila 1927

150px-AquilacalcioSM.PNG

End of Season Update

Serie C 2017/18

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 20th

Actual: 10th

Serie C Cup: Lost 3rd Round vs Livorno

The Manager: Jono Newton - History

Finances:  €1.1M

Season Tickets: 449 (^129)

The Squad: First Team, Under 20s, Under 18s

Transfers: 2017/18 - Loans

The Season in General

A bad financial loss for the squad through this season, I think I may have signed too many players, there are only 91 players on our books after all. I will definitely need to look into this, will be aiming to cut some players/transfer them if I can as I aim to cut the numbers, and also try to only have subs of 20yo or younger.

The League

We had some trouble early on in the season and jumped up and down in the league positions, but around the middle of the season we moved into 10th (Last Playoff Spot) and never looked back again, at one point we were 10pts behind 9th & 8 points ahead of 11th, ended a lot closer, but was interesting to be all alone for a period of time. The 10 game streak without a win in the middle of the season was really the big deal for our playoff shot. In the end we met a team that we had two 0-0 draws with in the season, Our Playoff game ended 2-1 after they scored at 90+1 in the game and we were out of the playoffs.

Player Stats

Team Stats

Serie C Cup

We were knocked out before mid-season update, so those details are there.

Serie C Cup Stats

The Club's History

League Records

L'Aquila Calcio 1927
Year Division Pos Serie C Cup Europe Achievements
2017/18 Serie C/B 10th 3rd Round N/A Made Promotion Playoffs

Club Records & Competition History

All Records:

Goals (Season) - Ziga Smrtik - 20 

Assts (Season) - Michael Pittnauer - 12

Clean Sheets (Season) - Stefano Faggiano - 15

Most League Apps (Career) - Nicolas Zane - 67

Youngest Player - Felice Cordoni - 16yrs, 174 Days

Oldest Player - Carlos Biason - 31yrs 347 Days

Competition history:

U20s:

Group 3 - Winners 2017/18

U18s:

Group 3 - 2nd 2017/18

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats 

Key: First XI, Second XI, Youth, Leaving.

Goalkeepers

22. Stefano Faggiano (GK) - Start of the season he was looking to be behind our other signings, but he cracked the team for 38 starts and achieved 15 Clean sheets over that time. I was hoping here that he would return for next year, but I couldn't get an agreement, hopefully he can get a loan back.

Defense

5. Gianmarco Carta (DL) - I was never 100% sure he would start, but he did and did very well at left back, he managed 2 PoM games even though he didn't really participate in any goals.

2. Pietro Gecchele (DR) - One of the best players in our squad, through 37 games he managed 4 assts and 2 PoM. Delighted that he will be around for next season as well.

3. Bryan Roux (DC) - 32 games & a 6.85 Rating, he was solid without getting involved in goals.

4. Riccardo Serpieri (DC) - 34 games with a rating over 7.

27. Richard Barzaghi (DL)

25. Marco Iudica (DC)

23. Emanuele Sembroni (DC)

Midfield

24. Emanuele Spinozzi (DM) - He mostly played when Lauro was out, but he managed to get 27 games, mostly off the bench and was nearly as good as Lauro.

13. Michele Lauro (DM) - Announced earlier as our Youth player 0, he looked to have massive potential and he continued to play well in the team all season, he ended up as the Fans Player of the Year which is amazing for someone of his age. With 30 games, 4 goals & a 7.11 Avg Rating.

14. Marven Maietti (MC) - Our second MC, he managed to play in 36 games with an average rating of 6.84, not great, but I just want solid midfielders.

6. Remo Basso (MC) - I loved this guy as one of my core MC in this team, he played as many games as he could, the stats don't bare out his team placement.

7. Nicolas Zane (MC) - The third guy who played a lot of midfield games, gaining 5 assists in that time.

37. Al Hassan Lamin (AMRL) - A late loan signing for the club, he came in and managed to get himself straight into the team with some injuries. Once he was in the team, he didn't let go as he made 13 appearances for 2 goals and 13 assists mostly playing on the Left Wing.

33. Dario Meadows (AML) - He played a lot of games on the left wing, 20 games with 4 goals.

15. Michael Pittnauer (AMR) - Our main right winger, he played 31 games, with 7 goals and 12 assists, his 3 assts in the Serie C Cup were the most of anyone in the compatition.

28. Diego Acunza (MC)

18. Niccolo Lari (DM) 

11. Giovani Malcore (AML)

10. Alfredo Varsi (AMRL)

Strikers

9. Ziga Smrtnik (ST) - 20 goals in 34 games is good in anyones books, delighted to have this guy on the books, he manages to get on the end of a lot of balls, and his scoring touch is showing.

36. Pierluigi Zanini (ST)

93. Manuel Ruggerio (ST)

The Best of the Best

The 100+ Club

No Current Members

The Awards

L'Avila

Fans PoY: Michele Lauro

Goal of Season: Dario Meadows

Signing of Season: Mario Iudica

Young PoY: Michele Lauro

Best XI: Faggiano, Gechelle, Serpieri, Roux, Carti, Lauro, Zane, Maietti, Pittnauer, Meadows, Smrtnik 

Subs: Zanini, Iudica, Basso, Spinozzi, Malcore, Sembroni, Lamin

Thoughts of the Future

Predicted Finish

Odds

Expectations

Transfer Budget

Wage Budget

The Signings

The Youth: Update will Follow EoS Report

My own personal Expectations are to get promoted, I will tell the board & team that I want us to make the playoffs. Getting wages under control should be priority number 1, after that we will see.

Solid season there @Lower Leagues Rule.  Finances are tough in Serie C – I am finding that out!  Seriously unlucky in the playoffs – that must have been gutting.  Some solid players there – the goals of Smrtnik definitely will have helped.  Hopefully I will have a striker that has that sort of form!  Interesting to see how Riccardo Serpieri got in as I have signed him too.

Good luck next season.

17 hours ago, Wynters said:

Nice @Fabreth, motoring along now which is great to see.

How are your attendance figures of you don't mind me asking? 

This season about 3000... were 2500 last season and 1000 in the FNL. Anyway russian ticket prices are low, so...

ASD L'Aquila 1927

150px-AquilacalcioSM.PNG

Preseason Update

Including Serie C Cup First Phase

Serie C 2018/19

| Cup Overview | Transfers | Friendlies | Squad |

Transfers

Players In: 8

Players Out: 25

Loans In: 2

Total Spend: (€250k)

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
01-07-18 Luca Maniero GK Crotone €0
01-07-18 Matteo Battistini DL Carrerese €0
01-07-18 Giovanni Zaro DC Pro Patria €0
01-07-18 Ivano Feola GK Free €0
05-07-18 Gianmarco Spiezio DR Free €0
11-07-18 Lorenzo Alfonsi AML Free €0
12-07-18 Karlo Butic ST Free €0
21-08-18 Romeo Shahinas AMR Free €0

Shahinas was signed late as our winger got injured, Zaro will start at DC, Battistini at DL, Feola is a starter as well, I brought in Alfonsi as a starter, but Galli finally became competent at AML, and will start over him.

Loans In
Date Player Pos From Fee
31-08-18 Al Hassan Lamin AML Lazio Loan
01-08-18 Filippo Chiti AMR Empoli Loan

I brought in a couple of wingers as cover following some injuries, but I am fairly certain in the end that they will be back-ups or head home.

Paid Transfers Out
Date Player Pos To Fee
01-07-18 Miodrag Vukajlovic DL Sambenedettese 71k
07-07-18 Jerome Buhler AMR Pistoiese 14.5k
08-07-18 Gianmarco Carta DL Piacenza 40k
19-08-18 Niccolo Lari DM Bari 125k

Friendlies

Screen Shot 12-16-16 at 05.07 AM 001.PNG

To go unbeaten throughout the preseason has good and bad things, we looked good in all the games, but we also didn't really face a big challenge, so we need to hope that this form continues into the new season.

Serie C Cup - First Phase - Group G

Screen Shot 12-16-16 at 05.08 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 12-16-16 at 05.07 AM.PNG

A win and a loss saw us eliminated this year, is fine with me, I'd rather concentrate on the league right now anyway.

Starting Line-up (With Tactic)

Screen Shot 12-16-16 at 05.10 AM.PNG

A change is also Serpieri becomes the Captain of the squad. The biggest battle this season is probably going to be Spinozzi vs Lauro for the DM slot, as Lari was third behind those 2 I felt happy to get as much as I did for him, and I will be turning that transfer funds into a great situation.

I'm hoping to make it higher in the playoffs this season, our squad is one of the better ones in the league, going to be fun, I think. If anyone wants to see a particular player then let me know.

clubs37.png

Dinamo St. Petersburg

2021-22 Second half-Season / Season Review

League  |  Schedule (second half)  |  Squad (ratings order)  |  Transfers table

Two great victories to enter very well year 2022, against Rubin and Zenit... subsequently a little results crisis let us slip down to the 9th place. The last matches brought us up to a very nice 7th position. We were predicted 16th, so I also won the "overachiever" accolade.

Great contribute from the "terrible 19yo", and great impact for the new arrival, the japanese Omichi. Shame we could lose him anywhere, as on his agent set the "on sell clause" to 2.6M and not negotiable. As i had a little more money, I also broght in a keeper, Leschuk.

I forgot the finances screen, with Roberts sell and the 7th place we have 10 millions, and the board approved the improvement of the training and youth facilities.

As for next season, we will be without Fomichev and Roberts, as it's impossible to renew the loans, but I renewed Bennett's one for another two seasons. For the first, well, now we have the japanese, as for the australian, it won't be easy to replace. But I will give a chance to a product of our academy, Rodionov, who this year on loan grew a lot and could be ready for the first division. At last,  Zhirov, on loan to us, will be ours on end contract.

Europa League Group Stage

The biggest obstacle in our way in this group was Ajax, that much was certain from Day One, however Standard and Pananthinaikos provided some pretty decent opponents in our bid to see how good we really are as a team.

1830cc2db45bbcda1aad2aad40b6b93e.png

We had some very surprising results all round. I didn't expect to challenge Ajax as much as I did when we just fell short at home, while the 4-0 win over Pananthinaikos was actually the catalyst for turning our entire season around after initially struggling due to the hectic schedule. Standard were decent opposition  but no actual threat and in the end we qualified out of the group with ease.

fceccb3acc2e86616131702b282a866a.png

Now for our biggest test.

f182b785a7963a5990d79e911104f263.png

Electrico_zpsjikjzlic.png

Electrico FC - Season 05 Review

Squad : Fixtures : Transfers : Finances : Table : Season Review

Team Leaders : Team Awards : League Leaders : League Team Leaders : Best 11 All Time : Team Records

We started our second season in LigaPRO expected to finish mid table. The season did not get off to a good start as we opened up losing in round one of the Taca CTT to Leixoes SC a game we should not have lost. The league though started very well. We were up near the top the entire season. We also did well in the Taca de Portugal 5th round to Sporting. The silver lining is we made a lot of cash from that away game though. Coming down to the end of the year Desportivo des Aves had 1st in hand and the final promotion spot came down to us and CD Tondela. They lead by a point with two matches left. We won our second to last game while Tondela lost and we jumped ahead. Going into the last match all we needed was to avoid a loss as we had the goal differential lead on Tondela. We dominated Freamunde and managed to get the goal we needed to win the match and assure promotion. WE ARE GOING UP to the top division. To comply with LigaNOS rules the club was forced to expand the stadium by 2500 and paid half up front and half in loan so the finances really took a hit. Hopefully that TV money is good. I also won my first Manager of the Month and Manager of the Year awards.

Key Players:

• Fabio Paulo - Brought in for 14k. Became our starting attacking midfielder. Once he got settled he produced very well.
  • Flavien Gerber - Our top midfielder. When he was not in the lineup the buildup really suffered.
  • Goncalo Araujo - For the 4th year in a row he was the supporters player of the year. 
  • Leandro Campos - The breakout star this year. The attacking winger scored 14 goals and had 9 assists. He was also voted the Division Player of the Year and Division Young Player of the Year 
  • Mesaque Dju - Bought for 5k. Was the backup for Campos and scored 6 goals while setting up 3.
  • Mickael Almeida - Came in on a free. The clubs backup striker. Scored 12 goals although 6 of those came in two matches.
  • Pedro Silva - The clubs top striker. Scored 21 goals on the season despite a couple injuries towards the end of the year. Just missed the clubs goals in a season record.
  • Rodrigo Eduardo - Came in on a free. The monster 6'7 Brazilian was a force in net and won us quite a few matches.
  • Roni - The clubs top centerback. 

Goal of the Year: Leandro Campos match winner

Game of the Year: Electrico vs SC Freamunde - Highlights - The last game of the season. Only needing a draw to gain promotion. The club dominated despite only scoring once.

Last Years Goals Review: We firmly exceeded our league goals by gaining promotion. We fell quite short with our Cup goals

Next Years Goals: Do not get relegated!

Sv Babelsberg 03

Season 2022-2023 Year End Review

Our second season in the Bundesliga was...pretty much like our first season in the Bundesliga.  We never looked like going down, nor did we ever look like threatening any of the top sides. However, we were able to bring in some nice players in the transfer market that will hopefully help us build.  Best part about our season was our rock solid defence, conceding the 3rd fewest goals in the division.

Table - We finished 8th, but that final position flattered us hilariously as we won several games that we didn't deserve to.  Prize money was nice though...

Cup - Wolfsburg knocked us out in the 3rd round.  Boring.

Transfers - We were big spenders, bringing in a bunch of new signings.  Biggest signing was Cyle Larin, the Canadian who didn't live up to expectations (note to self, just because you are Canadian, doesn't mean Canadian players will perform for you!).  No one of significance left the club.

End of Year Awards - Laurin von Piechowski, the mainstay, the icon won the fans player of the year...again.  Even over 15 goal man Nilsson!

Key Players - Best XI (5-3-2WB)

GK - Micu - Dislodged Calliard as the #1 keeper.  He's decent, but nothing amazing.

DCR - Rojas - The Paraguyan is a nice fit in the 5-3-2, as he's pretty pacy for a centre-back.

DC - von Piechowski - Another great season from the Captain.

DCL - Anica - Romanian center back with great physicals - if he ever gets better technically he could be a real gem.

RWB - Dardouri - Our Moroccan right back is a nice, if not technically gifted, right back.

LWB - Baltham - He's solid as ever at left wing back.  Would love to bring in someone to compete with him, but he's solid.  Is considered homegrown too.

CM(At) - Hayakawa - Displaced Stulac as the first choice in his role, Hayakawa is a nice prospect for the future

CM(DLP) - Altsinger- Came in for 5.5 million from...New York Red Bulls (really?) and was really good for us.  Nice to actually have a German player in the team (but I love my foreign wonderkids too much, heh!)

CM(BBM) - Khedira - Another good season for Sami's little brother Rani.

ST- Lesniak - 6 goals. 5 assists.  Meh!  I like Lesniak, he's a nice bit player to have around, but man does he disappear in games sometimes.

ST- Nilsson - Came in last season when I needed a new striker after Diaz left and didn't play well.  This season...he was a man on fire. When Nilsson came to play he'd just dance through defences and slot home.  Great player.  Ended up nicely on the goal chart too.

Dishonorable Mention

Larin - 5 million pounds.  2 league goals.  Was absolutely useless.  I kept playing him, thinking that he can't be that bad, but he was.  Missed sitters, shot when he needed to pass, loved shooting from distance even though he sucked at it.  Just a horrendous signing.  (A shame, because he's great in real life)

Young Players/Prospects

Tokihisa - I have no idea how to pronounce that name.  For a free striker...he looks pretty good!

Kaji - I'm liking the look of this Japanese attacking midfielder.

Kostic - Our homegrown defender continues to progress.

Hansen - Incoming for next year - looks the business at 18!!

Next Season

The squad is young, but if we can keep a hold of some of these players - Nilsson, Altsinger and Hayakawa in particular we could progress.  I think we'd be hard pressed to finish 8th again, but if we can keep bringing in talent, it should be another safe midtable place for us.

• 2 weeks later...

My Big Euro Comrades, I request assistance with this dilemma

Picked this guy up the season beforehand. Solid mentals and his technicals have been coming along nicely, ultimately shaping into a very solid centreback.

8ad69ae7d914b600a93135174fff898b.png

Inter have come in with this, or rather this is the most I could work it to.

179b6ad5c261d682c2a536c9c7879bbb.png

clubs37.png

Dinamo St. Petersburg

2023/24 Kubok Final

I went forward two seasons and didn't post the update. This is the end of 2023/24 season. With the triple joy of the cup victory. Triple because it is my first trophy, because we beat Zenit in the final, and also because the winner goes to Europa League! I'll post a recap of these seasons, but now it's time to celebrate!

logo+rascasse.jpg

Sporting Club Toulon

Manager Profile

Decided I'm going to give this a shot. After much debate I decided to give France a try as I've never managed there before. SC Toulon looks to be a good option with a lot of potential. Top club in a pretty large city and a Mediterranean climate that should be conducive to how I'm looking to play.

Club History

Sporting Club Toulon was founded in 1944 and has some history, having reached the top division in 1983, finishing as high as fifth, and stayed there until 1993 when they were sent down two divisions due to financial problems. The financial issues continued and they were ultimately liquidated and reformed as an amateur club under the name Sporting Toulon Var. They reclaimed the name Sporting Club Toulon in 2016 after a merger with SC Toulon-Le Las. 

Club Profile

Finances

Our starting finances look pretty good but we're projected to lose about 1.5 million a year so we'll have to keep an eye on that.

Initial Squad

My hope is to play something of a Bielsa style and the players I have are pretty well suited for that. Well, at least as well as you could hope for a recently promoted 3rd division side. Need to find another center back and someone who can play as an inverted wingback on the right side. A better option at AMC would be welcome as well.

No idea how this will go, this will be a tactical experiment for me as much as anything.

10 hours ago, fabreth said:

I went forward two seasons and didn't post the update.

I did the same. Finished a season and was just to into it to stop and do a writeup and almost done with the second. Will do both updates later. Congrats on the trophy. That Euro money will be a nice boon Im sure.

@wynter I always have a hard time selling my young guys. Then again that is quite the price for him. Especially if he gets sold again.

Sv Babelsberg 03

Season 2023-2024 Year End Review

Shorter update this time, because I've gotten behind on them.  In short we were terrible in the league and flirted with the relegation spots.  Our venerable 5-3-2 completely came apart at the seams and teams seemed to figure us out.  We were basically inept in front of goal, it was that simple. 

Table - We managed to scrape and claw our way to 13th.  A forgettable season, except for....

The Cup

Amazingly, in a season where we had absolutely no form - we managed to get to the Cup final, beating Bayern and Dortmund...actually no, we basically got absurdly lucky as Dortmund and Bayern got bounced, we basically never played anyone good, and we stumbled our way into the final.  Fixtures

The Final

In a scrappy and rather dull game Fillip Lesniak set up Swedish International Martin Nilson to strike home in the 24th minute, and it was good enough for the Victory!  We are in Europe next year!

We also have a new Stadium on the way.

Overall

We have to hope that our cup form was our true form and that our League form was an abberation.  The pressures of Europe will also be...interesting on a squad that is pretty deep, but not all that talented.  Oh, and because of our new stadium, I don't have that much money to spend.  Sweet!

Electrico FC - Season 06 Review

Team Leaders : Team Awards : League Leaders : League Team Leaders : Best 11 All Time

Our first season in the big league started very well. For most of the season we were in contention for a spot in the Europa League. Unfortunately we hit a really poor run of form mid-season where we didn't win for 6 weeks. That turned out to be the difference as we finished in 7th one spot out of Europe. We made it to the 6th round of the Taca de Portugal before losing to eventual champions Benfica. At the end of the season the board announced they were planning to build a new stadium, but provided no details on when, despite having just finished renovating the current stadium.

Key Players:

• Douglas Aurelio - Came on Free. Took over as our main attacking right wing. Scored 10 and setup 8
  • Fabio Paulo -  Came on Free. Brought him in to try and setup our wings and forwards. Ended up scoring 9 goals himself.
  • Goncalo Araujo - Been with me since the 2nd year. Still a fan favorite as he won his 5th consecutive Fans Player of the Season
  • Joao Barreto - Was supposed to be the first central defender on the bench. Got into games and performed well enough we couldn't take him out. A good surprise.
  • Joao Tavares -  Was our guy to break up the opposition in the midfield. Chipped in a couple goals as well.
  • Leandro Campos - Didn't come near to matching his numbers from last season but was still a constant threat with 7 goals and 7 assists.
  • Rodrigo Eduardo - The Brazillian giant had another strong year. Hopefully he continues to improve
  • Stefano Illanes - Came on a free. By the end of the year he was our top defender. Looks to anchor the club for the next couple year.

Goal of the Year: Fabio Paulo cuts through the defense and rips a shot into the corner

Game of the Year: CD Fatima vs Electrico FC. Highlights. Our best offensive output of the season in a dominating win.

Last Years Goals Review: Our goal was to not get relegated this year so I can safely say we did that and surpassed expectations by quite a bit

Next Years Goals: Finish in the top 6 and get a spot in Europe.

Electrico FC - Season 07 Review

Team Leaders : Team Awards : League Leaders : League Team Leaders : Best 11 All Time : Team Records

The start of our season can be summed up by this one play by our backup keeper. We didnt win our first league game until December. We would have leads and consistantly concede late to lose or draw. Our biggest problem was we werent scoring many goals. About midseason though we started to turn things around and get a some results. By the end of the season the club was playing well as we only lost 2 of our final 10. The early hole we dug ourselves though was to much to overcome we finished in 10th, four spots lower than last season. When it came to Cup runs though it was the complete opposite. The boys played very well all season. We made it to the Group Stage of the Taca CTT before missing out on advancing by one point. The Taca de Portugal was even better. We made it all the way to our first Cup final against Benfica. Despite losing that game it was a nice achievement. At the end of this season the board finally announced that they were building a new 15k stadium to be finished after next season. We are still paying off the loan from the expansion and now have another 19 million in loans. We better make Europe soon for some cash.

Key Players:

• Diogo Pinto - Brought in on free. Saw time as a reserve central and left attacking midfielder. Scored 6 and setup 7 in limited games. 
  • Douglas Aurelio - His offense fell off a bit this year. Only scored 6 and setup 5. Missed the final month and cup final to injury.
  • Fabio Paulo - Had he been healthy last year he would have really beat his numbers from last year. Still scored 10 and setup 2 despite missing almost 4 months.
  • Flavien Gerber - Bounced back from a poor season last year. Scored a career high 4 goals and was very good linking in the midfield.
  • Joao Barreto - Played in more games than anyone this season. Was solid.
  • Joao Oliveira - Strong season from our right back. Had 5 assists and was better defensively compared to last year.
  • Josenildo Vicente - Brought in on a free. He was strong as our more defensive focused midfielder. Good potential for the future
  • Leandro Campos - Struggled early with the rest of the team. Still scored 8 goals by the end of the year
  • Rodrigo Camacho - Brought in on a free. Came in to score goals. The team really started to click once he was put in the lineup. Scored 10 in less than half a season.
  • Rodrigo Eduardo - Another solid year for our keeper. He looks to be topping out though and I might bring in someone to challenge him,
  • Stefano Illanes - Was very good to start the year. Would not sign a new contract and I tried to sell him but Liverpool came in and scooped him up on a pre-contract. He is gone after the season.

Goal of the Year: Sandro Silvestre with a first time half volley from outside the box

Game of the Year: Electrico FC vs Benfica. We may have lost but the clubs first Cup Final was by far the most important match of the year

Last Years Goals Review: Our goal was to make it to Europe and we fell far short of that. This season was a failure in the scheme of things.

Next Years Goals: We need to get into Europe. Strengthen the defense.

clubs37.png

Dinamo St. Petersburg

2022/23 Season

Competitions  |  Transfers  |  Best 11

Due to the clauses, we had to sell Xulu and Omichi, but for the first time we had a little money to use in the market, invested in young prospect Alvarez and Nilsson. And remember we also lost Roberts and Fomichev on end loan. But the best came on free, in the name of Barone and Crovetto. Season started very well, could be a great season, but then we entered a slump and ruined everything. Then it was always mid table and ended like last season. Had to be expected, in the end this is a very young team with only a few expert players(Markov is now amongst them with his 28 years, and every season he continues to score).

2023/24 Season

CompetitionsTransfers  |  Finances

No excellent departures this season, and money is made through expensive loans. In the meantime we continue to sign in young players and some decent russian player for the foreigner limit. This is the only way to maintain a solid financial state. Ticket prices and TV deals are absymal, we only have the sponsors money, and they are very little compared to the majority of the first division teams. By the way, some of them are already first team ready, see Hosni and Vukaljevic.

Of course, with the 6 non-russian field limit, sometimes I had problems with the formation, perhaps acquiring also a foreign keeper wasn't a good choice. To explain better, I'll show the best 11 (with 4-3-3 formation), and the squad (selected for a 4-2-3-1). Both could't be fielded as they have 7 foreigners. But these wouldn't consider our historic players, Saramutin, Markov, and Puzic (became russian this season).

Season began very strangely.. in the first half we had 10 draws in 15 matches, and advanced with a lot of difficulty in the cup. But in the second half something clicked in and began the ride, to the cup as I already posted, and to a great league finale. We ended 5th, but could've been even better... we lost the last two matches after a long run with 9 wins and 1 draw.

Next Season

Quite excited about next season, but will be difficult, The first european experience, the other managers who know our strenght, we are not the weaklings anymore...in fact we are the best St.Petersburg team as of now, due to Zenit crisis (but absolutely not due to money, they could return to the top anytime). And we already begin with a big problem: Barone's contract expires on 2025, and I wasn't able to renew, as he and his damn agent asks too much for our finances. I'm thinking about selling him now, or loan him out for a big fee, just to recover a little money, even if it's risky as we'd lose a top striker.

So ended up selling Milosevic, in the end it turned out to be a great move because we went straight back to Red Star where we bought him from and found his replacement for the low price of 325k. 

Introducing Vukajlovic!

Also used the funds to bring in Jimenez and are currently working out a deal for Hajji

Looking like a good move. 

Mini-Catchup inbound

In terms of the League here's the update for the season after we won the Russian Cup, moving up into 3rd and now really close to closing the Gap on 2nd and reaching for Champions League Football. 

f636b14ec21b5e5fa0af32eecc638e96.png

We were knocked out in the First Knockout Round by Gladbach, putting up a great fight as we lost 3-2 both games and ultimately 6-4.

a6995356182a26d994070605ab7631ef.png 

The money was great though and with the transfer funds for this season we were able to strengthen our Russian contingent considerably with 5mil to play with. Bagging Lystsov, Morozov and a returning Kudryashov after he flopped in Sevilla, we acquired him for 700k less than we sold him for.

Also nabbed some solid prospects in Bogomolov. Prokhorov and Shkatov, this season who offer some long-term depth as solid rotation options as we add to our domestic cohort.

In Transfers over the past two seasons my two best have been Naic and Fredriksen. As you can see Naic isn't with us as Barcelona activated his RC a year ago, but we used those funds for Fredriksen and my two brightest Prospects in Kukin and Vucic. Kukin tore ligaments last season and missed 9 months of gametime so his PA dropped from 5 to 4* but at 18 he has plenty of time to return to his previous potential and he looks remarkably solid, just need to raise his mentals through tutoring.

The most interest aspect of the challenge at least from a Russian viewpoint is squad limits. With Only 6 of the XI being able to be foreigners you need to have around a 50/50 squad balance in order to manage in the events of a crisis, This also means that if we want to be successful in Europe we need high quality Russian players which are a premium in this league and very expensive. As such developing our facilities and being able to produce said quality ourselves is a must, so for now most our funding is going straight into our facilities and youth aspects. Been able to get both to 2* at the moment, and so long as Europe remains and annual aspect of our operation, we should be able to secure financing each year.

Weird ramble update but all I can do for about the next month haha, Happy New Year Guys/Girls!

@wynter completely agree with the plan about facilities, i'm implementing it too. Good russian players are very expensive and well, I don't have much money. Could also work getting players very young and naturalize them, but It will take many years and if they're too strong they will choose their nation. Oh, you have Vadim Bakatin too :D (erm.. I sold him..he decided to play for Cyprus denying me of a russian spot in the team :seagull:)

Do the sponsors are more generous with you? They almost doubled after my 5th place and now I get 4.3 millions... not much.

Yeah Bakatin was super solid as a rotation option. Nationality is a bit of a kicker  but he can fill in anywhere around the midfield for me and is a Good Prem Player so brings quality. 

My Main deal is worth 6.3mil over 3 years and I get 700k for being in Europe so I'm getting around 3mil in sponsorship per season, and so long as we win most of our group games the Prize Money from the Europa League + TV Revenue keeps us out of the red. Our Wages are at 168k p/y right now. It got a big jump this season probably the rep boost from doing well in Europe. When we get into the Champions League I expect TV Revenue and Sponsorship will likely cover everything outright which will be great. 

As for attendance the Stadium's getting 4k for most games and 5/6 when it comes to CSKA or Zenit. 

Rough start in France as we lost our first 7 games, only scoring 2 goals along the way.  Trying to thrust a new tactic on to a lower level team probably wasn't the smartest idea. Was close to giving up but we settled into a 4-2-3-1 DM Wide similar to what the team had been playing and results have improved dramatically. Two wins, two draws and a red card loss, along with 2 French Cup wins. Still sitting in last but safety is within sight at least.

Archived