11 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

That's tough going so far @Lower Leagues Rule... certainly sounds tough battling as an amateur side...

Club isn't Amateur anymore, became professional when I took over, but is just a huge turn around when you have about 20 days from start til season kicks off, and the change in quality at the two levels seems quite large.

Am keeping plugging on, and will go again with Dutch leagues if I fail, slowly learning things. 

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lower Leagues Rule said:

Club isn't Amateur anymore, became professional when I took over, but is just a huge turn around when you have about 20 days from start til season kicks off, and the change in quality at the two levels seems quite large.

Am keeping plugging on, and will go again with Dutch leagues if I fail, slowly learning things. 

yes the early stages post-release always tend to be about learning things etc...

5d0d8b2a6d3bb8ed8a7cf7dc68dbbdb2.png 

8b1ad3d78f50690f628b8a486405e74b.png

Thankfully, we got our licence issues picked up straight away.

4a69deec667e422dc885d2500583b0a8.png

Edit: In line with the First post requirements here is the Competition History, Squad and Club Overview

a0b8b8aa9ca3f428ed11518e504c5dc0.png

8e8c1548977eb4b3724d0dd707e04cdf.png

12e0166913351d95205a0b1718ccd293.png

On an interesting note, the squad is really old, most players being 28/29 and pushing into their 30s, getting my hands on some quality youth will be the first aim for my Transfer Window this season. We got a handy 500k budget, so curious to see what we can do with it.

Hello all!

Not been around for a while. Life just gets busier and busier. But I have got the new game and after an enjoyably bobbing around the Swiss Leagues last year I'm going to try this challenge again.

I'm in-between computers at the moment, so they'll be a bit of a wait, but that save-game in Italy and the option of San Marino might be too much to resist!

Update

Fixtures | Ladder | Transfers

Picking up off the back of a slow start to life in the Second Div. Biggest surprise was picking up that win over Zenit -2 looking forward to seeing how the team goes on as we adapt to the tactics and the squad develops a level of understanding.

Transfers were pretty basic, shoring up key positions and adding depth. The only game to speak of was Kuchiev after we dropped over half our budget in picking him up for the  season. He's got some definite potential though, so hopefully I can coax as much of it out of him as possible.

1d8cd21f1823a779ac34c992967e84cf.png

Logo.png

Amsterdamsche Football Club

Jupiler League 2017/18

New Beginnings

| Club Overview | Club History | Manager | Finances |

The Club

Amsterdamsche FC was founded in 1895, and look to have always been amateur, but will now become Pro on promotion, the club had actually just updated their stadium in real life, I love the style of this stadium below.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdM6S7_pp04vJk5sNICFq

The Squad

The team is definitely below the required quality for the league, but first thing first is to get an Asst Manager in to help, and then build a good solid defense and grow from there. I am going to go with a 4-DM-2-2-1 instead of my normal more attacking formation as I think with the clearly weaker side we need to work on a solid defence and score on the break.

Logo.png

Jupiler League 2017/18

Preseason Report

| Finances | Transfers | Squad Stats | Staff |

Expectations (Squad Bonus)

Eerste Divisie: Avoid Relegation (Med)

KNVB Cup: 3rd Round (Low)

Transfers

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
11.07.17 Lucas Auban DC Free €0
11.07.17 Marco van der Heide MC Free €0
12.07.17 Sergio Sanchez GK Free €0
17.07.17 Bas Sibum DM Alcides €0
17.07.17 Ruben Obregon AML Free €0
17.07.17 Albert Urrea MC Free €0
19.07.17 Guaya DL Free €0
19.07.17 Ramon Pallares DR Free €0
20.07.17 Xhemil Terziqi MC Free €0

I focussed on solidifying the defense of this squad, I also added Terziqi who I had at VVSB as a starter, he looks to be a Rotational guy in this squad which will help as I have can now sub with no worries in the midfield. Sanchez looks pretty good in goal, and Auban was a steal for Defense.

Friendlies

Screen Shot 11-11-16 at 06.47 AM.PNG

I tried my best to arrange more friendlies in an attempt to have a better idea of my squad quality, losing 1-0 to Palermo was really good, and the loss to Jong Ajax came late in the 2nd half with them scoring, past that I was happy as we overcame 2 sides and managed 2 draws against similar level sides. Kluin's pair of goals delighted me, especially when him and Kulhan combined twice in the first game.

Tactics

Screen Shot 11-11-16 at 06.35 AM.PNG

We will line up in a 4-3-3 with a DM & Wingers, as you can see from the picture, my Left Winger is injured to start the season, out for a couple of weeks, but should be able to manage that, and our Striker is an Amateur and won't sign a contract as mentioned in a previous post. I concentrated on strong DCs and a solid DM to start this team, the squad already had a STAR Right Wing who will hopefully lead the way.

The Starters who were already here: Jordi van Gelderen (DC), Johan Kulhan (AMR) & Pepijn Kluin (ST)

My Expectations

With my knowledge from my failure at VVSB I think I have learnt something, and will push to try and use that knowledge to get enough points to stay in the division (Oh and not get sacked midseason)

Logo.png

Jupiler League 2017/18

December Holiday Report

| Finances | Transfers | Squad Stats |

Transfers

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
13.08.17 Lautaro Gonzalez Riano ST Free €0
13.08.17 Robert Mutzers AML Free €0
13.08.17 Mark Veenhoven MC Sparta Rotterdam Loan
20.08.17 Vinnie Vermeer MC NAC Loan
31.08.17 Danny Groos DC Spijkenisse €0
31.08.17 Zakaria el Bennay AMR USV Hercules €0
06.11.17 Theo Reymond DM Free €0
07.11.17 Silvan Gonitzer DL Free €0
01.12.17 Djibril Dianessy ST Free €0

More strengthening of the squad towards the middle of the season, the two loan signings are actually battling for a single position as Tezqiri has taken the other role, and Urrea has moved to DM. Dianezzy is in a battle for the starting role at ST as well, the depth of our squad much better now.

Jupiler League

| Fixtures | Table |

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Standings: 19th

Results: 5W 4D 13L

Pretty happy to this stage with a turnaround after I changed to a 4-1-4-1 which seems to be doing the job. Will just look at some of the wins that made a difference for this season

Screen Shot 11-12-16 at 10.17 AM.PNG

Pepijn Kluin (37,71)

The first game that gave us a shot at getting off the bottom was beating the team that we have the best chance of knocking into relegation. Was very important to get a win in the home fixture.

Screen Shot 11-12-16 at 10.17 AM 001.PNG

Obregon (22), van Gelderen (pen 23), OG (55)

This one was an absolute delight, Jong Utrecht are leading the division at this stage as we go on the break, but we managed to get two early goals against them away and then hold on for a great 3-1 result.

Screen Shot 11-12-16 at 10.18 AM.PNG

Obregon (38,45)

Great to see two goals before halftime make sure of this result for us, the team doing just as I want at this point, in the middle of a 5 game unbeaten streak.

KNVB Cup

Screen Shot 11-12-16 at 10.15 AM.PNG

We started the KNVB Cup in the 2nd round with an away game against Feyenoord, in the end we had a completely unexpected 2-0 victory, and following this have streamed past teams in the 3rd & 4th rounds meaning we have a great shot as we enter the Quarter finals against another team from our level.

Rest of the Season

Going forward I am hoping to retain our 19th position and hopefully push up through a couple of the teams above us, I am working on extending my starting eleven into next season, and looking to strengthen as well where I can.

Winter Break Update

Fixtures

We picked up some good form, a great win over Arsenal Tula who were second in the league at the time was great in closing the gap after our average start. So far the 3 losses that came at the start of the season are the only thing keeping us out of one of the Automatic promotion spots as we lie 3 points away from 2nd place. Still doing much better than I expected.

6365351f8db1226649bd60509975faec.png

Coming out of the Winter Break the squads settled in and we've only added two more signings to bolster our promotion bid. Only one was an actual First Team player in the form of Vadim Ofonin, strengthening our midfield while Bakalis was offered to me by an agent and after a trial I decided to have a punt on him. Just need to address that horrid determination first before I move on with developing him.

Seeing as we're doing so well I'm going to target 2nd place, as 1st is probably far past us as things stand, unless Fakel enter a horrid run of form.

Decided the enter this years challenge.  Chose Germany, because I generally have fun playing there (though it pains me to beat Dortmund, it does give me the chance to attempt to topple Bayern).  Reloaded a bunch of times and finally found a team that I liked in SV Babelsberg.  Playing in Potsdam, a city with some historical relevance as well as a city I've actually been to in real life, it felt like a natural fit for me.  Profile

Babelsberg have a indifferent history in German football.  They reached the second division once the 2001/2002 season and were relegated.  Since that point they've bounced back and forth between the 3rd division and the 4th, displaying absolutely no penchant for being anything more than a regional level side.  That all changes (hopefully) with my appointment! 

Squad - Some decent players, some chaff.  Par for the course, really.

Should be fun.  Think avoiding relegation will be a cinch, though nothing beyond that seems likely,

3 hours ago, Lower Leagues Rule said:

Nice work @wynter looks like your squad is working really well together. Hopefully you can push into the promotion battle.

Hopefully, the key will be keeping everyone injury free since outside the First XI there's only a handful of useful members, the rest are mainly fodder from the year before I can't clear out. 

All the contracts expire next season, so we'll be working from scratch whether we're promoted or not. 

Just came up against one of the other contenders for Relegation, but lost our Goalie the week before the game, ended up losing 2-0, just a horrible result, With 8 games to go the bottom looks like this:

Jupiler League
Pos Team W D L GD Pts
16th Excelsior 8 10 12 -4 34
17th Helmond 7 13 10 -5 34
18th AFC 7 6 17 -16 27
19th RKC 5 11 14 -10 26
20th Achilles 7 3 20 -14 24

Luckily for us we do play Achilles in the final game of the season, so we will be deciding our own fate in this race.

SV Babelsberg 03

2017-2018 Season Review

It was a season of two halves for Babelsberg.  For the first half of the season we played a very defensive counter attacking strategy and basically managed to eke out a midtable existence.  We played some of the most horrendously boring football I'd ever seen in FM, just absolutely dire.  So with our safety looking relatively safe, I decided to throw caution to the wind and decided to cobble together an attacking 5-3-2 formation and it really worked a treat.  In the end, we managed to finish 3rd in the table, which left us with a 2-leg play off with Furth.

The first leg we got absolutely battered by Furth, but managed to grab an away goal and lose 2-1.  That left us needing a victory at home, and we obliged with a sensational hat trick from on loan striker Bassala Sambou, who propelled us to the 2nd division!  Really a remarkable season if I'm honest.

Club

Table

Transfers

Finances - Not looking that amazing.

Squad

Key Players

Whiteman - So I trialed this guy on a whim at the start of the season since we share a surname and he was out of contract.  I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw his attributes!  Unfortunately he actually played pretty badly for us.  His jumping stat was '9' for most of the season and he seemed to absolutely wilt under any sort of pressure, so it was kind of a relief to see him leave to Dortmund for 1.3 million pounds.  We'll get 20% of his next transfer so I'm hoping he manages a major move and we can cash in on what is probably the best Canadian player of his generation.

von Piechowski - I initially didn't rate him very highly.  Too slow, no good enough tackling.  I was wrong about him.  He was our best defender by miles.

Hufnagel - Had him on loan from Freiburg, and as you might expect he was absolutely a class apart in the 3rd division.  Was one of the main beneficiaries of a more attacking tactic.  Was disappointed that he didn't want to join us on loan again next year.

Cubukcu - Fans player of the year (deservedly).  Great playmaker with an eye for goal.  Fantastic player, will be leaning on him in the 2nd division, and I think he's got the quality to thrive, unless age or injuries do him in.

Next Season:

Going to be a big challenge.  The Board has taken out 2 loans.  One was in the first year to install undersoil heating in our stadium and the second one has been to upgrade the stadium to fit 15,000 people.  So not only do we have to go up a division, we don't have the greatest finances at the moment.  The next season will be fight against relegation no doubt.  As usual in the German second division there are some big teams up there.  Right now there is Bremen and Mainz, which are two teams that are totally a class apart.  I'm hoping for 15th place.  Hopefully I'll manage.

Grenoble Foot 38

Grenoble Foot 38, commonly referred to as simply GF38, is a French association football club based in Grenoble, a city situated at the foot of the French Alps. The original incarnation of the club was founded in 1892 and, in 1997, was formed into the club that exists today as a result of a merger. Grenoble currently plays in CFA, the fourth level of French football, after having gone into bankruptcy and relegation to the fifth level of French football in 2011.

Grenoble plays its home matches at the Stade des Alpes, a recently built complex based in the heart of the city. The team is managed by Jean-Louis Garcia. Grenoble wear white and blue.

The journey to national and European glory starts here….

On 23.10.2016 at 21:25, Lower Leagues Rule said:

FM14 Big Euro Challenge

Thread

A bit of a downer season in FM14 as the core challengers from previous years all took time out, life is starting to get busy, but we still saw 6 completions, including a double from Duccio, in the past only Ohanzee has achieved this before. Great to see another challenger step up and make it through twice in one season.

Completions

Challenger Nation Club Completion Season
Duccio Portugal Juventude SC Evora EoS Report 2033/34
Andy Sava Germany Hessen Kassel EoS Report 2029/30
Ohanzee Germany Alemmania Aachen EoS Report 2021/22
JohnnyQuest Germany SV Waldhof Mannheim EoS Report 2033/34
Duccio Italy ASD Ragusa Calcio EoS Report 2037/38
StellaF1 Portugal U.Micaelense EoS Report 2024/25

Other Notables

Challenger Nation Club Latest Report Achievement
CJ'43 Portugal Aliados FC de Lordelo 2037/38 2nd Liga Sagres
Ohanzee Scotland Selkirk FC 2026/27 2nd Premiership
gb2003 Germany Rot-Weiss Essen 2025/26 6th Bundesliga

The Facts

Completions: 6

Most Completions: 2 - Duccio (Evora & Ragusa)

Most Clubs: LLR - 6 (Beauvais, Maia Lidador, Sakhalin, Nairn County, Arzachena, Lavagnese)

Most Posts: LLR - 252

Most Used Club: Alemannia Aachen - 4 (Rekluse, rlipscombe, Tecmo, Ohanzee)

Hey guys, this year i have more time to try the challenge again. The last years my save with 2 other people took a lot of time, so i had not the time for the challenge.

This year i have the time for the challenge and the save with my friends.

I would add that i finish the challenge in fm14

Link.

Germany is my choice again. I post when i choose a team!

regards

gb2003

End of Season Update

Fixtures|League

We put together a very impressive unbeaten run to close out the season, only losing on the final day after we'd essentially secured promotion barring us losing by 5+. The best result was the 0-0 draw away to Arsenal Tula at a time when they were tied with us for points and would have used the win to likely surge ahead of us. We put our backs to the wall and grinded out what we needed. 

Quite Scarily we're somehow building a 10k Stadium in 13 months with only 1million dollars, so curious how that amount is getting flaunted around but at this point I'll take it for the golden egg that it is. In the meantime seeing as we need a 10000k+ Stadium due to league requirements we've moved into the 21000 Capacity Avangard. Hopefully we can draw some solid crowd number for the year around 8-10k would be great. 

We got one very good player out of this years intake in Georgy Kulikov, the 17 determination is surprising considering most lower league russian players and we'll be hopefuly he uses it to unlock his full potential. A little on the slow side but definitely something that can be developed and worked on at his age.

dbd1da2a632a668cad1823d680effe95.png

Will do a transfer update next, still in pre-season as we prep for the Premier League. 

Struggling to work outhow I put pictures into my posts on the new format of forum. Anyone care to help?

Also how to get the kits and logos etc onto the game this year. Done same as in previous versions but don't appear to work this time.. 

4 hours ago, GoalieManPat121 said:

You have the option to use a cache unticked correct? That was the option I forgot this year

i was sure i had but it appears not....  they are now in game.  HOWEVER, the game is now crashing...  i have taken them all out now and it is passing the crash date so i will try them again another time and see what happens then...

Sv Babelsberg 03

894px-SV_Babelsberg_03_logo.svg.png

Season 2018-2019 Year End Review

Our first season in the 2.Bundesliga was an interesting one.  We were basically never in danger of going down courtesy of a strong start that saw us comfortably midtable at the halfway point.  However that was when our season, went to hell.  Our last win for the season came in February.  13 games without a win.  It was absolutely surreal stuff.  There was nothing I could do to stop our abjectly terrible run.  In real life, I'm sure I would have been sacked.  Messages like this were not uncommon.  However we scraped enough points together to finish 13th in the final table.  Securing our spot in the 2.Bundesliga for next season.

Cup - We managed to knock St. Pauli out in the first round before getting absolutely hammered by Hoffenheim.

Transfers - Lots of ins, lots of outs.  Only notable transfer was Argentinian Franchini who played okay for the team before a bunch of teams bid for him.  Everyone raved about his potential, but he seemed pretty mediocre to me, so he was off to Leverkusen for 1.2 million.  Last year's big loss (and Canadian star in the making) Whiteman when on loan to Karlsruhe from Dortmund and the nothing more than a benchwarmer.  Except for his jumping, he looks like a great player for the future.

End of Season Awards

Key Players

Ramos - spent 55k on this Spanish striker who was an okay buy.  Couldn't score for the life of him, but was a decent creator.  

Haas - Our best midfielder by miles.  Will probably be captain next year.

LvP - Fantastic season from the defender who was voted fan's player of the year, and deservedly so.  Started every game we played, and is my favourite player on this version of FM so far.  Just a tower of strength.

Ingram - Is there anything more frustrating then finding a striker that looks the business and then having him to absolutely nothing?  Jake Ingram should be a good goalscorer.  Unfortunately I think he has 1.7 finishing, not 17 finishing.  Will give him another season to succeed.  The coaches think he has what it takes to play in the top level, but colour me unimpressed.

Cubukcu - Was only okay for me this year.  Because I'm sentimental, I gave him another contract extension that he probably didn't deserve.  Sue me.

Young Players

Smits - A young Canadian, he's been pretty good when he plays.  Hoping to find some more potential from him.

Abt - Promising looking goalkeeper from our academy.  Hoping he turns out to be solid.

Finances - Our Board thought that we were in dire shape all season for some reason.  The six million we got in prize money from the league table finally shut them up.  They're continuing to upgrade our stadium, which is nice, but they've proven to be irrational pennypinchers, at one point not letting me take a coaching course because they thought I was going to leave them as soon as I got more badges.  Ungrateful snots!

Next season - Hoping for midtable and building towards a team that can challenge for promotion.  Bayern won the Treble (Bundesliga, Cup and Champions League, so they are a pretty good team.  I've always found it a challenge to overcome Bayern...and that was when I played as Dortmund!  But first we have to get into the same division!

4 hours ago, Amethyst21 said:

Sv Babelsberg 03

894px-SV_Babelsberg_03_logo.svg.png

Season 2018-2019 Year End Review

Our first season in the 2.Bundesliga was an interesting one.  We were basically never in danger of going down courtesy of a strong start that saw us comfortably midtable at the halfway point.  However that was when our season, went to hellOur last win for the season came in February.  13 games without a win.  It was absolutely surreal stuff.  There was nothing I could do to stop our abjectly terrible run.  In real life, I'm sure I would have been sacked.  Messages like this were not uncommon.  However we scraped enough points together to finish 13th in the final table.  Securing our spot in the 2.Bundesliga for next season.

Cup - We managed to knock St. Pauli out in the first round before getting absolutely hammered by Hoffenheim.

Transfers - Lots of ins, lots of outs.  Only notable transfer was Argentinian Franchini who played okay for the team before a bunch of teams bid for him.  Everyone raved about his potential, but he seemed pretty mediocre to me, so he was off to Leverkusen for 1.2 million.  Last year's big loss (and Canadian star in the making) Whiteman when on loan to Karlsruhe from Dortmund and the nothing more than a benchwarmer.  Except for his jumping, he looks like a great player for the future.

End of Season Awards

Key Players

Ramos - spent 55k on this Spanish striker who was an okay buy.  Couldn't score for the life of him, but was a decent creator.  

Haas - Our best midfielder by miles.  Will probably be captain next year.

LvP - Fantastic season from the defender who was voted fan's player of the year, and deservedly so.  Started every game we played, and is my favourite player on this version of FM so far.  Just a tower of strength.

Ingram - Is there anything more frustrating then finding a striker that looks the business and then having him to absolutely nothing?  Jake Ingram should be a good goalscorer.  Unfortunately I think he has 1.7 finishing, not 17 finishing.  Will give him another season to succeed.  The coaches think he has what it takes to play in the top level, but colour me unimpressed.

Cubukcu - Was only okay for me this year.  Because I'm sentimental, I gave him another contract extension that he probably didn't deserve.  Sue me.

Young Players

Smits - A young Canadian, he's been pretty good when he plays.  Hoping to find some more potential from him.

Abt - Promising looking goalkeeper from our academy.  Hoping he turns out to be solid.

Finances - Our Board thought that we were in dire shape all season for some reason.  The six million we got in prize money from the league table finally shut them up.  They're continuing to upgrade our stadium, which is nice, but they've proven to be irrational pennypinchers, at one point not letting me take a coaching course because they thought I was going to leave them as soon as I got more badges.  Ungrateful snots!

Next season - Hoping for midtable and building towards a team that can challenge for promotion.  Bayern won the Treble (Bundesliga, Cup and Champions League, so they are a pretty good team.  I've always found it a challenge to overcome Bayern...and that was when I played as Dortmund!  But first we have to get into the same division!

Trust me you'd be fine.

Alan_2915255.jpg?20130404095932

VV_Katwijk_logo.png

Voetbalvereniging Katwijk

Jupiler League 2017/18

| Club Overview | Club History | Manager | Finances |

Vv Katwijk are a dutch club founded in 1939, they play there games at Sportpark de Krom with a capacity of 6,000. They won the Amateur divisions in 2013 and were offered a spot in the Jupiler League for the following season, but they decided they were not ready for the level, in 2017 they have decided it is worth the move and will try again with Jono Newton on board as the Manager.

The best player in the squad is Stefan Stam, formerly of Oldham Athletic. As per previous attempts I will be starting with a focus on defense and attempting to build a solid tactic that hopefully won't concede too many goals. If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate them as my tactics seem to be struggling.

Archived