[FM18] Japanese Football Pyramid (updated 28/7)

Okay guys, new to modding FM and just curious as to how/ where to place these files. I didn't see a tutorial or quick guide to do it, so any help would be great. Thanks guys!

Edit: Also does this only make leagues playable, or can I lead to the Samurai Blue to a better finish in the World Cup than first round? thanks you guys so much!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just put the two files in the folder called "editor data" in your FM folder and start a new save. Not sure about your second question, but I assume the Samurai Blue is the national team. In that case you will have a lot, lot more players to chose from so I guess it will make things easier.

3 hours ago, Viking said:

Just put the two files in the folder called "editor data" in your FM folder and start a new save. Not sure about your second question, but I assume the Samurai Blue is the national team. In that case you will have a lot, lot more players to chose from so I guess it will make things easier.

Awesome, thank you. Samurai Blue is the nickname for the national team and normally isn't playable by players since it isn't licensed :/

52 minutes ago, JavierChicharito14 said:

compatible with fm sortitoutsi data update?

So far running it with that and have had no issues. Actually kind of crazy seeing Keisuke Honda being a free agent in my play and being able to pick him up in the low league I am in.

在 2018/8/1 在 PM4点10分, Noteagro说:

So far running it with that and have had no issues. Actually kind of crazy seeing Keisuke Honda being a free agent in my play and being able to pick him up in the low league I am in.

Yeah 

I picked him up in my brondby save. 15K wage , certainly the best player in the league.       :D

On 02/08/2018 at 01:57, JavierChicharito14 said:

Yeah 

I picked him up in my brondby save. 15K wage , certainly the best player in the league.       :D

I somehow have him in the lowest tier in Japan (soon to be second lowest due to promotion) at only 3.5k. I think I just somehow got him in one of those lucky "I want to go back to japan moods," and where he wasn't being signed by anyone bigger so it helped...

On 02/08/2018 at 02:47, JavierChicharito14 said:

but the DB takes forever to load.

The first load in takes a LONG time, like a good hour and a half and I have a beast of a comp. So it is just on the databases end setting up.

13 小时前, Noteagro说:

I somehow have him in the lowest tier in Japan (soon to be second lowest due to promotion) at only 3.5k. I think I just somehow got him in one of those lucky "I want to go back to japan moods," and where he wasn't being signed by anyone bigger so it helped...

The first load in takes a LONG time, like a good hour and a half and I have a beast of a comp. So it is just on the databases end setting up.

In my new FC Groningen save with Japan DB. 

I tried to sign Honda but he thought my club lacked financial resources then he signed with Celta with 55k wage.

Btw Thank you for the creator of this DB. 

My Groningen side is now filled with Japanese prospects 

@Foss Very nice database, I'm sure this has already been suggested but is there a way to split the 6mb database over multiple files as it may speed up the loading time. If it can be exported to XML that could be easier than splitting .DBCs or . FMF's. I could have a go and report back if you don't mind your files being edited by other users?

Thanks

Is anyone else having the isse of when playing for a smaller club (Cobaltore starting in the JFL) their club tab sends them to the squad screen instead of the actual club tab that shows the fantastic stats like head coach, captain, vice captain, hot prospect and such? I want to go back and look at my past best elevens but I can't due to this.

6 hours ago, Noteagro said:

Is anyone else having the isse of when playing for a smaller club (Cobaltore starting in the JFL) their club tab sends them to the squad screen instead of the actual club tab that shows the fantastic stats like head coach, captain, vice captain, hot prospect and such? I want to go back and look at my past best elevens but I can't due to this.

Should happen with every club in Japan due to licensing issues.

On 03/08/2018 at 19:35, Noteagro said:

Is it normal when loading the db for the first time apart from taking a long time, the game looks as not responding in the task manager?

3 hours ago, biocassar said:

Is it normal when loading the db for the first time apart from taking a long time, the game looks as not responding in the task manager?

Yes.

The player playing for Gamba u23s Takahiro Ko should have Gao Sheng(the coach for zhejiang lvcheng) as his favorite person as its his father and chinese second nationality (his chinese name is Gao Yuyang btw)

On 20/08/2018 at 07:19, user111 said:

The player playing for Gamba u23s Takahiro Ko should have Gao Sheng(the coach for zhejiang lvcheng) as his favorite person as its his father and chinese second nationality (his chinese name is Gao Yuyang btw)

Thanks, I've added this.

• 1 month later...

Hello there I'm new in FM so can someone tell me how to use this? I tried to put the file Japan - League.fmf and Japan - DB.fmf on Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/editor data and use it with claassen data but the loading never end in hours and when I see in the task manager there's notification that the FM is not responding. Did I do right or something wrong?

On 02/10/2018 at 17:41, Akatsukiaki31 said:

Hello there I'm new in FM so can someone tell me how to use this? I tried to put the file Japan - League.fmf and Japan - DB.fmf on Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/editor data and use it with claassen data but the loading never end in hours and when I see in the task manager there's notification that the FM is not responding. Did I do right or something wrong?

It takes a long time for the game to load with this file, and yeah it will say FM is not responding. But i assure you it will load, you just have to be patient.

I got caught out the first time with that but once i decided to just let it do its thing, it loaded correctly. The longest I had to wait was about 45 minutes but i guess the time varies depending on what leagues you have loaded and what type of computer youre using.

On 21/10/2016 at 20:07, Foss said:

Contents

• The file has been updated to the summer transfer window of the 2018 season. There are over 565,000 changes in total. 
  • Every first team player and staff member in J1 & J2 League has been included. All personnel have been set with attributes, positions, shirt numbers, personal details and playing histories.
  • Most of the staff members and some players in J3 have been included with the above details set.
  • Club logos for teams in J1, J2, J3 and JFL. (by Dax)
  • Real attendance and season ticket figures for teams in J1 through JFL. Real media outlets and major player agents have been added. (by Dax)
  • More than 1000 U18 players, high school players, university players and youth staff have been added with accurate personal details, positions and ratings. Some youth players also have select attributes set based on their strengths and weaknesses. (by Dax)
  • Realistic league structure up to JFL with realistic prize money and rules. A standard U18 system has been included due to the impossibility of replicating the real one without bugs.
  • Realistic finances have been implemented using financial records provided by clubs. Numbers have been scaled as accurately as possible to how FM calculates expenses. (by Dax)   

Upcoming

• Facepack with over 1000 cut-outs
  • League structure down to the regional leagues
  • Real youth competition structure if feasible
  • More cup competitions and friendly tournaments
  • One-to-one representation of the Emperor's Cup qualification

Thanks to Dax for his work with youth players and clubs as well as details that add to the immersion.
Thanks to Shimera for helping with Ehime FC and club kits.

Japan.zip

Has this been recently updated for FM18 with all the recent updates etc ?

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, td_1985 said:

I'm not 100% sure, but when I look at the FM2019 database on sortitoutsi, there seems to be full Japanese squads in FM2019.

(for exemple: https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/team/1198/yokohama-f-marinos )

Haven't had any confirmation yet though...

Its not in the beta, so I doubt it will be in the full game unfortunately. Plus, I believe SI werent able to get a license for any of the teams due to cost or something.

I always have a database with the J-league loaded as its one of the strongest Asian nations, but I hope one day they will be able to include it :)

15 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

Its not in the beta, so I doubt it will be in the full game unfortunately. Plus, I believe SI werent able to get a license for any of the teams due to cost or something.

I always have a database with the J-league loaded as its one of the strongest Asian nations, but I hope one day they will be able to include it :)

I'm trying to find out why they have been included in their database then.

You have tried to start a game with full details on Japan and no players are showing up?

1 minute ago, td_1985 said:

I'm trying to find out why they have been included in their database then.

You have tried to start a game with full details on Japan and no players are showing up?

Yeah, Japan is not a selectable league at all in FM19.

Its strange they have included that on their web page. Maybe they are referring to one of their custom databases?

12 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

Yeah, Japan is not a selectable league at all in FM19.

Its strange they have included that on their web page. Maybe they are referring to one of their custom databases?

Could be that the league is not selectable, but the most important thing is if the players are in the database or not.

Have you started a game with full details on Japan? Then you could check if for exemple Iniesta shows up in the game or not.

If so, when the full game comes out, we only need to have a small file making the Japanese leagues playable.

On 23/10/2018 at 16:45, td_1985 said:

Could be that the league is not selectable, but the most important thing is if the players are in the database or not.

Have you started a game with full details on Japan? Then you could check if for exemple Iniesta shows up in the game or not.

If so, when the full game comes out, we only need to have a small file making the Japanese leagues playable.

A few players are there, but there is only one or two per team, they dont have full lists, again due to licensing. 

1 hour ago, oblongata21 said:

A few players are there, but there is only one or two per team, they dont have full lists, again due to licensing. 

OK thank you, we will see once the full game (& editor) comes out.

I only find it strange that sortitoutsi added full Japanese squads of players (with unique ID's) in their online database. Normally, their data is the same as in the official database.

39 minutes ago, steff13 said:

@td_1985 could you please check in Editor18, if the ID's from sortitoutsi are really unique, or in 2018 database they belong to another players/staff?

They are unique ID's, I checked with the Megapack (facepack) & with the editor.

Also players who were deactivated show up again with their original (correct) ID, so it are not fictional ID's.

Really, if I base myself on the data from Sortitoutsi, I would really think the players have been included for FM19.

But in order to be included in the database, they should show up in the Beta if you start a random game where you include the full details for Japan. I haven't seen any confirmation for that.

28 минут назад, td_1985 сказал:

But in order to be included in the database, they should show up in the Beta if you start a random game where you include the full details for Japan. I haven't seen any confirmation for that.

mb they have two versions of database, with japanese players and without them? and now, while we're using second one, they update first one (because the sortitoutsi DB have wrong dates of birth and positions, for example)... just fantasies, but I hope for Japan in official DB so much. Especially considering the fact, that Konami doesn't own exclusive license for Japanese leagues any more.

13 minutes ago, steff13 said:

mb they have two versions of database, with japanese players and without them? and now, while we're using second one, they update first one (because the sortitoutsi DB have wrong dates of birth and positions, for example)... just fantasies, but I hope for Japan in official DB so much. Especially considering the fact, that Konami doesn't own exclusive license for Japanese leagues any more.

I have already made a big Japanese facepack using the cut-outs prepared in this thread, but correcting their ID's,  so the cut-outs can be included in the Megapack Cut-Outs of Sortitoutsi.

I'm waiting to release this pack untill we have more info on the data. 

Japan is (still) not licensed for FM19. There exists outdated shadow data for Japanese teams in the game's master database that will not be included in the final release for obvious reasons.

On 25/10/2018 at 19:43, Kayyuenfm said:

Dear Foss, 

I have converted your files as XML file and put into fm19 editor data file.  

I got stuck in the fm19 loading screen for hours, I suppose it's not working, need to wait for the full release?

even you go through the loading screen, than you will also stuck in the career screen. I have spent 2hours in loading screen. 

I've got the file working fine and without any long periods of waiting time, so I suggest you just wait for my official release.
Just two issues to iron out: a handful of missing players and staff to re-add and fix the fact that every player is now bald.

1 hour ago, sdb4884 said:

The inevitable question will this be worked on for FM 19? or is at least the data transferable ?

I did mention that I've got the file working in FM19 just two posts up...

Archived