FM 17 Closing down opp. - Won 16 in a row so far

Developed this tactic 2 days ago after a rough start with Man Utd. I have now won all 16 games since. 

Combined a few other winning tactics from vaious forums, with my own style of play, and the result so far, has been really promising. Don't normally share in here, but this tactic seems so good, that I wanted to test it out with you guys.

Remeber opponent instructions.

Test it out, and let me know how it goes.

Opp inst..jpg

Games.jpg

Closing down!!.tac

Tactic.JPG

Instructions.JPG

Won the PL unbeaten, and topped it off with winning both the FA and the EL. 

Could go for the CL, but have instead decided that I want to try this tactic out with a lower league team. The choice landed on Tranmere from the Vanarama National League.

PL.JPG

Fixtures.JPG

7 hours ago, trickyrikki said:

i will try it out today. I started well with my Villa save but since Xmas I have been in free fall. I have a month to save my job so I hope this can save me!

8 games in with this tactic  and I have had 3 wins, 3 losses and 2 draws since I started and I have to say its a very frustrating tactic. Possession stats have improved a lot and I'm sure with good players this tactic could do well. Defensively I constantly leak goals; 15 in those 8 games. The main striker F9 is always getting ratings between 6-7.1 and struggles scoring.

Can anyone help me improve?

17 minutes ago, sab77 said:

@trickyrikki You need decent acceleration and speed on your CBs with the high defensive line. Otherwise opponents are gonna have a highway towards your goal if playing long passes... Try drawing the defensive line back a bit...

good shout, i'll give that a go. I just wish I could convert some more chances

First two weeks of pre-season I do Fitness, then one week of ball control, and two weeks of team cohesion - level normal. During the season I leave it on Balanced and and normal. Once in a while during national pauses, I will switch to Ball Control. Match preparation is always Match Tactics. I use more time on finding the right coaches for each area. It has always given me good results, especially in bringing up Hot prospects.

I also put a great deal of focus towards individual training and creating player traits, that fits the way I want to use the individual. I am a sucker for micro management, when it comes to that part. 

Works ok with a lower league team as well.

My start with Tranmere.

Have changed to defensive and structured on occasion, when wanting to protect a result, or against better teams.

Remember the Opp. Instructions. Seems to make a difference.

Tranmere.JPG

News.JPG

I'm doing really well with this tactic so thanks for sharing it.

The only thing i've noticed is that my front 4 players, especially the SS and F9, get terrible ratings most of the time. Its not uncommon for my striker to be at 6.4 by halftime.

I've tried tweaking the role but its hit and miss. Any advice?

@dewhirst I have also noted that many goals seem to come from the inside forwards. Maybe you could try and aim cross at centre. That might create more chances for your F9 and SS. Also you could remove the "Roam from posistion" on the F9, to try and keep him closer to goal.

They need to have good "off the ball" and speed skills, with the low crosses.

@nubbe I won the league, but after a really good start, I had a few half-bad runs. Have been trying several different tweaks, but none with a big impact. Expecting the tactic to really be tested next season in League 2.

The Defensive/Structured approach has worked really well against bigger teams, or when trying to maintain a lead. I managed to knock out Norwich from the Sky Bet Championship (3rd) with the Defensive approach. Although they did have a lot of clear cut chances...

Final standings.JPG

Norwich.JPG

Great tactic 

Unbeaten so far in a Nottm Forest save. 2 months in, drawn one and won the rest inc Hull in the cup, draw was Brighton away after being 2 down :)

Goals are shared around the front 5. Not kept many clean sheets but who cares. I can post some screenshots/details when i'm at home again

Been using this with a slight tweak for 4 seasons as Newcastle now, won the championship at a canter (expected) finished 10th in promotion season in the PL and then second.

Switched to defensive/structured permanently has made a positive difference as has changing the fullbacks to both be FB-Support and the centre midfield to be Def Playmaker - Defend/Advanced Playmaker - support.

Also won the FA cup with that setup.

On 22/10/2016 at 23:55, sab77 said:

Works ok with a lower league team as well.

My start with Tranmere.

Have changed to defensive and structured on occasion, when wanting to protect a result, or against better teams.

Remember the Opp. Instructions. Seems to make a difference.

When you say remember Op instructions, what do you do?

I have now played with this tactics 4-5 seasons with different teams and i am not happy, it's a good tactic with some flaws.

The tactic dont work good with the Oi's and it dont work at all without them.

I have noticed that the 2 CM's often get overrun

the two CB's gets cought upfield, because there is no one to press the attackers and AM

The two CM's often dont have anyone to pass to and will start to dribble and loose the ball.

So have anyone used any of their own tweaks?

i started from scratch again and used this tactics as a base.

14 hours ago, Herbie2100 said:

I have now played with this tactics 4-5 seasons with different teams and i am not happy, it's a good tactic with some flaws.

The tactic dont work good with the Oi's and it dont work at all without them.

I have noticed that the 2 CM's often get overrun

the two CB's gets cought upfield, because there is no one to press the attackers and AM

The two CM's often dont have anyone to pass to and will start to dribble and loose the ball.

So have anyone used any of their own tweaks?

i started from scratch again and used this tactics as a base.

That was largely my experience with this before the few tweaks I made above

Started out with Limerick FC in the Irish First Division and had a rocky start to the league, even had the meeting with board and asked for a month. Luckily the tactic became fully fluid at the time and we went on an amazing run from 2nd from bottom to 2nd in the league, winning promotion in the playoffs. Won the Munster Senior Cup and Irish League Cup. Went on 15 match unbeaten run. Sure the tactic has its flaws, but the days of a super tactic are long gone. Really impressed with this.

The file is for FM17 but was done during the beta stage so was automatically saved as a .tac file, which don't work (not recognised) now we have the 'full' game.

Downloading it and changing the extension from tac to fmf will not work. It has to be saved as an fmf file to start with.
You can recreate the tactic using the info in the OP but it doesn't include the individual player instructions.

Easiest way is for the OP to upload it again as an fmf file. Failing that, anyone who d/l it and used it during the beta stage will, at minimum, be able to tell you all the PI, if not upload it somewhere themselves.

I'm in my 7th season with Cardiff City, tried this and it doesn't work for me sorry, I used this tactic the last 8 games of last season, won 6 lost 2 which saved me from relegation, worked on getting the tactic fully fluid all pre season & now 10 league games in i haven't won a game...

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 22.01.05.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 22.02.34.png

Archived