FMS Awards 2016 Final Round Vote

mark wilson27

Right gentlemen its now time for the final round of voting in this years FMS Awards. In this round you will be voting for the overall winner in all categories.

As in the previous round for your story to pick up an award you must vote and must vote in at least 50% of categories

You can vote twice in each category apart from the Hall of Fame Nominations in which you can vote for up to three people or stories. Voting in the Hall of Fame is not obligatory

Hall of Fame Rules:

(1) Each user has up to three nominations in both Writer and Story (Your not obliged to vote)

(2) Only completed stories can be nominated and the story must have been nominated for a Major Award (ie Story of the Year) or have won a minor award (ie International Story of the Year)

(3) For a writer to be nominated into the Hall of Fame they must have been nominated for a major award (Writer or FMSer of the Year) or won the Funniest Writer of the Year

(4) You obviously cant vote for yourself as Writer or for one of your own stories

(5) To be awarded a place in the Hall of Fame a writer or story must receive a two thirds majority of the total number of people who voted in this final round...For example if nine people voted in the final round at least six people need to nominate the story or writer

Only two stories /writers can be elected into the Hall of Fame each year

Four writers are ineligible for this award and they are:-

Raptor (2009)

flipsix3 (2010)

tenthreeleader (2011)

Peacemaker (????)

tenthreeleader / gavrenwick if I have missed anything or anyone regarding the Hall of Fame please PM cheers sir

Please complete the Ballot form in the following post and send to awardsfms@gmail.com by the Deadline of Midnight (GMT) Friday 7th October 2016 with the Awards Ceremony taking place provisionally on Sunday 9th October 2016 @ 20.00 (GMT)

And remember too claim your vote here

Hall of Fame 2016:

Writers Hall of Fame Nominee's:
Faramir
Amaroq
mark wilson27
BobBev
gavrenwick
Terk
copperhorse21

Story Hall of Fame Nominee's:

Sharpening a Rusty Blade Amaroq

An American Pilgrimage (vbulletin edition) "Book One of The Copper Horse Tails" copperhorse21

Scottish Reprise- Return to East Stirling Faramir

The FMS Musical v2. gavrenwick

The First Lady of Football gavrenwick

Its Hardly Any Effort for FMS mark wilson27

The True Story of a Footballing Legend Peacemaker7

Bringing up Baby - A Different Approach to the Lisbon Lions Challenge Peacemaker7

American Calcio Padova FM 2008 *repost* tenthreeleader

The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder's Award:

This is awarded to the FMS forum member who does the most for the forum on an ongoing basis. Anyone can be awarded this so get your thinking caps on and make your choice

Writer of the Year:

Some of the best members of the boards have been bestowed this honour, with some winning it on multiple occasions. This is the highest honour on the board apart from being inducted into the FMS Hall of Fame. So again who is the writer that has got you clued to the forum, now its your time to see if your vote can give them this high honour

Best Story Character

Whilst some stories are just match report based, others have characters that bring the story to life. You have your characters from Rob Ridgway to Tina Powell that bring the story alive for your entertainment. The only rule with this category is that no character can win this award twice. If your unsure PM me and I will let you know if the character is eligible (I would say look at the FMS Awards Archive but the forum migration has wiped them out for now)

Funniest Writer of the Year:

Who's the writer that has the story that has made you laugh the most. Who do you think deserves the award as the Funniest Writer of the Year

Most Missed FMS'er:

Who have you missed in the past year, which writer would you like to see come back. Please note for this award the author must not have started or contributed to his/hers stories throughout the last year

Ballot Paper:

Username:

Individual Awards:

The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder’s Award (FMS'er of the Year)

(1)-

(2)-

Writer of Year

(1)-

(2)-

Stories:

Story of the Year

(1)-

(2)-

Short Story of the Year

(1)-

(2)-

English Story of the Year

(1)-

(2)-

Rest of the World Story of the Year

(1)-

(2)-

Fantasy Story of the Year

(1)-

(2)-

Best Story Idea of the Year

(1)-

(2)-

Best International Management Story of the Year

(1)-

Best Story Character

(1)-

(2)-

Funniest Writer of the Year

(1)-

(2)-

Most Missed FMS'er of the Year

(1)-

(2)-

Newcomer of the Year

(1)-

(2)-

Hall of Fame Nomination:(You may vote up to three)

Writer:

(1)-

(2)-

(3)-

Story:

(1)-

(2)-

(3)-

You guys have just over three weeks left to vote, only got five votes in so far

And remember if you have a story that is eligible to win an award you must vote for it to stand a chance.

The story of the year award this year saw one person miss the chance of progressing after they failed to vote and last year we had another forum member who failed to win an award because they failed to vote. So voting is important

Just over four days left to vote guys. I know you might think im goin on but theres some categories where the votes are too close to call. Also their is aome where the winner is already decided because people havent voted. If Ny of you know members of the forum who havent voted and you know them outside these parts please contact them

Right guys this is the final deadline warning. You have 8 hours to place your vote.

I have PM'd a lot of the people who haven't voted and are in line for an award. However as of yet most of them haven't voted so therefore could lose out on an award.

A lot of the awards are too close to call and every vote counts. Even if your note up for an award please enter your vote.

As tenthreeleader will confirm last year we had I think it was two people who missed out on an award because they forgot to vote, and this year it could be the same

So come on lads get hold of some of the FMS'ers that you know away from just these forum and get them to vote.

Once I get back from work at 3am I will be closing the thread and counting the votes up sometime in the day. If tenthreeleader would be so kind to recount for me to make sure I'm not having a blonde moment that would be appreciated. (I will send you the password etc to the email account if you haven't still got it from last year)

Good luck everyone

thanks again, mark.  It's probably a thankless task to do all of leg work for this.  I appreciate you taking the hours it did to put all of this together, including working with the other people to host the awards show.  If you know when the awards will be, will you post it again, please.  I don't seem to recall what day/hours I need to keep open to join in the fun.

9 hours ago, copperhorse21 said:

thanks again, mark.  It's probably a thankless task to do all of leg work for this.  I appreciate you taking the hours it did to put all of this together, including working with the other people to host the awards show.  If you know when the awards will be, will you post it again, please.  I don't seem to recall what day/hours I need to keep open to join in the fun.

It should be Sunday 9th October at 8pm (GMT). So not sure what time where you and tenthreeleader are

9 hours ago, neilhoskins77 said:

Sent and claimed, apologies for leaving it so late.

No worries , votes recieved and counted. 

And on that note the voting has ended and good luck to everyone.... see you Sunday

Archived