Stopping the decline (A Man.Utd Tale)

mark wilson27

Using FM16 Touch, mainly due to quick game play. (You lot with kids will understand what I mean when I say you don't get much time to play :D). Large database with only English League loaded. I will have an International reputation

Season One 2015/16:

July 2015:

July 1st:

Since Sir Alex Ferguson left United have gone basically tits up. David Moyes reign was nothing short of a disaster and I wont even go into Louis van Gaal. The fans and the board had enough in the summer and the Dutch disaster was fired and that's where I come in. Its up to me to get the club back to where it belongs. I have been given a one year contract and £60,000,000 to spend plus a 90% retention of any sales I make.

The squad is as follows:-

| Name                      | Position          | Nat     | Height  | Weight  | Age     | Value   | 
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Víctor Valdés             | GK                | ESP     | 183 cm  | 78 kg   | 33      | £2.7M   | 
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Sergio Romero             | GK                | ARG     | 192 cm  | 88 kg   | 28      | £11.75M | 
| David De Gea              | GK                | ESP     | 193 cm  | 76 kg   | 24      | £29M    | 
| Luke Shaw                 | D (L)             | ENG     | 186 cm  | 75 kg   | 19      | £18.75M | 
| Cameron Borthwick-Jackson | D (LC)            | ENG     | 181 cm  | 75 kg   | 18      | £600K   | 
| Daley Blind               | D (LC), DM, M (C) | NED     | 180 cm  | 72 kg   | 25      | £24M    | 
| Marcos Rojo               | D (C)             | ARG     | 187 cm  | 80 kg   | 25      | £14M    | 
| Phil Jones                | D (C)             | ENG     | 185 cm  | 72 kg   | 23      | £21.5M  | 
| Paddy McNair              | D (C)             | NIR     | 186 cm  | 72 kg   | 20      | £7.75M  | 
| Chris Smalling            | D (C)             | ENG     | 194 cm  | 90 kg   | 25      | £23.5M  | 
| Matteo Darmian            | D/WB (RL)         | ITA     | 182 cm  | 70 kg   | 25      | £18.75M | 
| Michael Carrick           | DM, M (C)         | ENG     | 188 cm  | 74 kg   | 33      | £2.3M   | 
| Bastian Schweinsteiger    | DM, M (C)         | GER     | 183 cm  | 79 kg   | 30      | £18.5M  | 
| Morgan Schneiderlin       | DM, M (C)         | FRA     | 181 cm  | 75 kg   | 25      | £26M    | 
| Adnan Januzaj             | M (RL), AM (RLC)  | BEL     | 180 cm  | 75 kg   | 20      | £10M    | 
| Ashley Young              | M (L), AM (RLC)   | ENG     | 175 cm  | 65 kg   | 29      | £15.75M | 
| Andreas Pereira           | M (C), AM (LC)    | BRA     | 176 cm  | 64 kg   | 19      | £5M     | 
| Antonio Valencia          | M/AM (R)          | ECU     | 181 cm  | 78 kg   | 29      | £21M    | 
| Marouane Fellaini         | M/AM (C)          | BEL     | 194 cm  | 85 kg   | 27      | £18.5M  | 
| Ander Herrera             | M/AM (C)          | ESP     | 182 cm  | 73 kg   | 25      | £26M    | 
| Juan Mata                 | AM (RLC)          | ESP     | 171 cm  | 65 kg   | 27      | £32.5M  | 
| Memphis Depay             | AM (L), ST (C)    | NED     | 177 cm  | 78 kg   | 21      | £18M    | 
| Jesse Lingard             | AM (LC)           | ENG     | 168 cm  | 65 kg   | 22      | £11M    | 
| Wayne Rooney              | AM (C), ST (C)    | ENG     | 178 cm  | 78 kg   | 29      | £32.5M  | 
| Marcus Rashford           | AM (C), ST (C)    | ENG     | 178 cm  | 65 kg   | 17      | £2.5M   | 
| Anthony Martial           | ST (C)            | FRA     | 181 cm  | 76 kg   | 19      | £27.5M  | 

I will be giving the majority of the players the chance to prove themselves to me. However Victor Valdes will be released once his contract is up. Before the day is up I will start the search for a new striker for definite. I have an idea who I want but I could struggle to get hold of him.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 5th:

Well that was a lot easier than I thought as I have made my first signing for the club with 21yr old English striker Harry Kane joining from Tottenham Hotspur for a fee of £33,000,000, which is less than I thought it would cost. He has signed for the club until June 2019.

July 14th:

My next signing sees 28yr old Japanese Full Back Yuto Nagatomo joining from Inter Milan for a fee of £8,500,000. He has signed a contract that will keep him at the club till June 2019

July 16th:

Another day and another new signing as 28yr old Italian Full Back Domenico Criscito joining from Zenit for a fee of £15,000,000. He will be with us until June 2019.

Our first friendly of the pre-season sees us facing Italian opposition as we struggled to a 1-1 draw against Fiorentina with M.Depay grabbing our goal. The game sees B.Schweinsteiger injuring his wrist which will keep him out of action for around two weeks

July 22nd:

Our next friendly sees us thrashing Panathinaikos 4-1 with goals from A.Januzaj, W.Rooney and a brace from A.Martial however he picked up an injury and will be out for 10 days with a damaged heel

July 25th:

Next up was a match against Fenerbahce but we never really turned up and lost 3-1 with W.Rooney grabbing the only goal for us

July 29th:

We now faced Lanciano and again struggled but we did manage to win 1-0 as J.Mata scored with a free-kick

As far as I know he did it during the match....or during half time :D

August 2015:

August 1st:

Our next friendly sees us facing Spanish side Zaragoza and we beat them 2-1 with goals from W.Rooney and H.Kane

August 3rd:

I have now to decide who will be the clubs Captain and Vice Captain. I have decided to stick with Wayne Rooney as my Captain but have changed the Vice Captain to Chris Smalling as he will be playing more games than the previous Vice Captain Michael Carrick who I will be looking too off load at some point this season

August 7th:

The draw for the Champions Cup Best Placed Play-off round has taken place and we will be facing Russian side CSKA Moscow, with the first leg being played in Russia

August 8th:

Before the first game of the season the board have let me know what their expectations are for the season and they are as follows:-

English Premier Division: To qualify for the Champions Cup at a minimum

FA Cup: To reach the Final

Capital One Cup: Not bothered, a mere distraction

Champions Cup: To reach the ¼ Finals

Newcastle (A) Premier Division (1/38)

We started the better and on the 3rd minute we had the chance to score as A.Martial ran onto an A.Young through-ball and fired towards goal but the Newcastle keeper saved well. Twelve minutes later we came close again with W.Rooney heading a M.Schneiderlin cross just over the crossbar when it was easier to score. We were all the home side and just before the break we had another chance as A.Young jinked through the defence and unleashed a curling effort towards the top corner but the Newcastle tipped it over the crossbar.

Half Time Score 0-0

The score half was again all us and on the 58th minute we finally got the goal we deserved as W.Rooney beat the offside trap to run onto an A.Januzaj through-ball and fired under the keeper. However after the goal we seemed to relax too much and on the 72nd minute Newcastle equalised with J.Shelvey beat C.Smalling too a loose ball and fired under D.De Gea. With six minutes remaining in the game Newcastle had the chance to win the game as they broke through the defence with a looping ball but D.De Gea reacted well and blocked the shot

Newcastle 1-1 Man.Utd J.Shelvey 72 / W.Rooney 58

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling, M.Rojo, D.Criscito, A.Januzaj, M.Schneiderlin, B.Schweinsteiger (A.Herrera), A.Young (M.Darmian), W.Rooney (capt), A.Martial (H.Kane)

August 15th:

Liverpool (H) (2/38)

Again we started well and on the 12th minute we were awarded a penalty after A.Martial was brought down in the area, W.Rooney stepped up for the penalty and fired the ball towards goal but the keeper guessed right and saved the ball. Just before the half hour we had another chance with a low effort from M.Depay but it was easily saved by the keeper. Liverpool finally had their first chance just before the break with a thunderous effort which was blocked by M.Rojo

Half Time Score 0-0

The second half was five minutes old when Liverpool came close with a curling effort which had D.De Gea at full stretch to save. On the hour the first goal was scored as A.Young showed some skill to beat the Liverpool defence and fired with ease past the keeper. However our joy didn't last long as on the 64th minute P.Coutinho rattled the ball in from the edge of the area to level the scores. Six minutes later we were reduced to ten men as M.Schneiderlin was given a second yellow card which was followed by the red. After the sending off Liverpool began to control the game and with three minutes remaining in the game C.Benteke struck the winner to silence the Old Trafford crowd

Man.Utd 1-2 Liverpool A.Young 60 / P.Coutinho 64, C.Benteke 87

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling, M.Rojo, D.Criscito (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, M.Schneiderlin, B.Schweinsteiger, M.Depay (A.Young), W.Rooney (capt), A.Martial (H.Kane)

August 19th:

CSKA Moscow (A) Champions Cup Best Placed Play-off 1st Leg

A slow start to the game as we struggled to break down a stubborn Moscow defence. We had our first effort on the 19th minute as W.Rooney tried his luck from 25 yards but the keeper saved well to deny him. Nine minutes later we took the lead as A.Martial beat the offside trap to run onto a M.Depay through-ball and wasted no time in dinking the ball over the keeper. With a minute remaining in the half CSKA Moscow pulled a goal back as A.Musa headed in past D.De Gea after M.Rojo failed to beat him to the ball.

Half Time Score 1-1

The second half was eleven minutes old when Moscow took the lead as A.Musa tapped in from close range after the defence was slow to react to low cross. On the 63rd minute we levelled the scores as H.Kane grabbed his first of the game with a thunderous effort from just inside the area. Four minutes later the same player scored again with a header from close range after M.Depay's cross beat the defence. Straight from kick off it was 4-2 as H.Kane ran onto a M.Schneiderlin ball to fire under the keeper and complete his hat-trick. We were all over the home side and on the 77th minute H.Kane grabbed his fourth of the game with a low effort into the bottom corner. Three minutes later though Moscow pulled a goal back as A.Musa completed his hat-trick with a fine strike from ten yards. We should have shut up shop but deep into injury time we got caught on the counter attack and A.Dzagoev grabbed a fourth for Moscow to make it 5-4. Lets hope the second leg is as entertaining

CSKA Moscow 4-5 Man.Utd A.Musa 44, 56, 80, A.Dzagoev 90+2 / A.Martial 28, H.Kane 63, 67, 68, 77

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling, M.Rojo (M.Darmian), D.Criscito, A.Januzaj (A.Young), M.Schneiderlin, B.Schweinsteiger, M.Depay, W.Rooney (capt) (H.Kane), A.Martial

Sure was salkster, A great result :D

August 22nd:

Aston Villa (A) (3/38)

Four minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as H.Kane rose above the defence and headed in a B.Schweinsteiger dinked cross. Soon after the goal we had another chance as A.Januzaj tried his luck from outside the area but the Villa keeper managed to tip the ball over the crossbar. On the 26th minute we had our next chance with a great team move however H.Kane failed to finish the move with a sliced effort wide of the post. Just before the break Villa had their first chance as their attack beat M.Rojo to the ball and fired towards goal but D.De Gea managed to block the effort

Half Time Score 0-1

The second half was thirteen minutes old when Villa were reduced to ten men after A.Hutton received a second yellow card for a foul, from the resulting free-kick H.Kane headed in past the keeper. On the 62nd minute Villa's day went from bad to worse as I..Gueye was sent off for a lunge on B.Schweinsteiger. Twelve minutes later M.Depay had the chance to score but his low effort was tipped round the post by the Villa keeper. We continued to press forward but we failed to get past the Villa keeper who rightly won the Man of the Match

Aston Villa 0-2 Man.Utd H.Kane 4, 59

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo (L.Shaw), C.Smalling (capt), M.Rojo, D.Criscito (M.Darmian), A.Januzaj (A.Valencia), A.Herrera, B.Schweinsteiger, M.Depay, H.Kane, A.Martial

After the game the physio informed me that B.Schweinsteiger will be out for around a week after bruising his ribs during the game

August 25th:

CSKA Moscow (H) Champions Cup Best Placed Play-off 2nd Leg (agg 5-4)

Another entertaining game for the fans and on the 14th minute the first goal was scored as A.Dzagoev barged through my defence with ease and fired under D.De Gea. However the away fans joy didn't last long as four minutes later A.Martial jinked into the area and curled the ball past the Moscow keeper. On the half hour Moscow had another chance with a rasping effort which stung the fingers of D.De Gea. Just before the break we came close with M.Depay rattling the upright from 25 yards after running onto a loose ball

Half Time Score 1-1

The second half was just as entertaining as the first and on the hour mark we came close with a low effort from W.Rooney which beat the keeper but not the upright. On the 71st minute we took the lead as H.Kane showed some silky skills to beat the CSKA defence and fired past the diving keeper. With eight minutes remaining in the game Moscow levelled the scores with a thunderous effort from G.Milanov which gave D.De Gea no chance of saving.

Man.Utd 2-2 CSKA Moscow A.Martial 18, H.Kane 71 / A.Dzagoev 14, G.Milanov 82

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling (capt), M.Rojo, D.Criscito, A.Januzaj (A.Young), A.Herrera, M.Fellaini, M.Depay (M.Darmian), H.Kane, A.Martial (W.Rooney)

We have qualified for the Champions Cup Group Stage with a 7-6 aggregate victory

The draw for the Capital One Cup 3rd Round has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Championship side Ipswich Town

August 27th:

The draw for the Champions Cup Group Stage has taken place and is as follows:-

Group A: SLB (POR), Arsenal (ENG), Olympiakos (GRE), BMG (GER)

Group B: Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Basel (SUI), Dynamo Kyiv (UKR), FC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)

Group C: Chelsea (ENG), Atletico (ESP), Sporting (POR) (POR), Dinamo (CRO)

Group D: R.Madrid (ESP), Zenit (RUS), Roma (ITA), Wolfsburg (GER)

Group E: FCP (POR), Juventus (ITA), Galatasaray (TUR), Celtic (SCO)

Group F: FC Barcelona (ESP), Man.City (ENG), Olympique Lyonnais (FRA), AA Gent (BEL)

Group G: Bayern (GER), Man.Utd (ENG), Sevilla (ESP), Viktoria Plzen (CZE)

Group H: Shakhtar (UKR), PSV (NED), Lazio (ITA), AS Monaco (FRA)

August 29th:

Tottenham (H) (4/38)

A cracking start saw us a goal up within a minute as A.Martial half volleyed a M.Depay cross past the Spurs keeper. On the 6th minute we made it two nil as H.Kane ran through the defence with ease and slotted home under the keeper. We were all over Spurs and on the 23rd minute H.Kane should have scored again as A.Herrera cracked the crossbar from six yards when it was easier to score. Just before the break we had one last chance with a low shot from A.Januzaj but the keeper tipped the ball around the post.

Half Time Score 2-0

We completely dominated the first half but we struggled to break down the stubborn Spurs defence. On the 78th minute we had our closest effort with W.Rooney trying his luck from close range but the Spurs keeper somehow managed to block the effort. Deep into injury time we finally grabbed our third goal as A.Young finished a team move with a curling effort into the top corner which gave the keeper no chance of saving

Man.Utd 3-0 Tottenham A.Martial 1, H.Kane 6, A.Young 90+2

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling (capt), M.Rojo, D.Criscito (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Fellaini (A.Young), M.Depay (W.Rooney), H.Kane, A.Martial

August 30th:

Injury news sees M.Carrick out of action for around a month after straining his stomach muscles during a training session

September 2015:

September 1st:

Injury news sees M.Rojo out of action for the majority of the month with a calf strain

September 10th:

The odds have been released for the European Champions Cup and we have been given odds of 66/1. The favourites are FC Barcelona who have been quoted at 3-1. The best odds for an English team are 18/1 for Man.City

September 12th:

Leicester (A) (5/38)

Three minutes into the game we took the lead as A.Januzaj beat the offside trap and fired a M.Fellaini through-ball past the Leicester keeper. However on the 13th minute Leicester equalised as a poor clearance by M.Darmian was fired back past D.De Gea by S.Okazaki. Eleven minutes later though we retook the lead with A.Januzaj jinking in from the wing and curling the ball past the outstretched arms of the keeper. It was end to end football and with eight minutes remaining in the half Leicester came close to equalising again with a powerful effort which had D.De Gea at full stretch to save.

Half Time Score 1-2

We started the second half the better and on the 54th minute M.Depay curled in a brilliant free-kick from 30 yards after H.Kane was brought down on his way too goal. Twelve minutes after the goal Leicester were awarded a penalty after M.Darmian brought down the Leicester striker in the area, luckily for us the penalty was as poor as the tackle and it went high and wide of the post. With fifteen minutes remaining in the game we grabbed goal number four as H.Kane played a one two with W.Rooney and dinked the ball over the Leicester keeper to give us the three points

Leicester 1-4 Man.Utd S.Okazaki 13 / A.Januzaj 3, 24, M.Depay 54, H.Kane 75

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling (capt), M.Darmian, D.Criscito, A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Fellaini (B.Schweinsteiger), M.Depay (A.Young), H.Kane, A.Martial (W.Rooney)

September 16th:

Viktoria Plzen (A) Champions Cup Grp G (1/6)

Again we started well and on the 4th minute we took the lead as H.Kane ran onto a M.Depay pass and fired past the keeper. Five minutes later we had the chance to make it two nil after A.Herrera was brought down in the area. W.Rooney stepped up for the penalty and fired towards goal but the keeper saved well with ease. We carried on the forward pressure and on the 35th minute we added a second goal as H.Kane headed in brilliantly from a M.Fellaini cross. Just before the break W.Rooney had another chance to score with a low shot which was brilliantly saved by the keepers foot.

Half Time Score 2-0

The second half was two minutes old when H.Kane completed his hat-trick with a thunderous effort which beat the keeper at his near post. Soon after W.Rooney came close with a brave header which went wide of the post and saw W.Rooney punched in the face by the keepers flailing hands. Viktoria Plzen weren't getting close to the ball and on the 77th minute we added our final goal as M.Depay curled in a wicked free-kick from 30 yards after B.Schweinsteiger was brought down on the way to goal. A good start to our Champions Cup campaign

Viktoria Plzen 0-4 Man.Utd H.Kane 4, 35, 47, M.Depay 77

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling, M.Darmian, D.Criscito (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Fellaini (B.Schweinsteiger), M.Depay, H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt) (A.Martial)

Group G Result: Bayern 0-0 Sevilla

September 19th:

Chelsea (H) (6/38)

Chelsea had the first chance of the game with a curling effort towards the top corner but D.De Gea managed to get a finger tip to it and send it over the crossbar. On the 17th minute we had our first chance of the game as A.Herrera clipped the outside of the upright from 20 yards after beating the Chelsea defence to a loose ball. Eight minutes later we had our clearest chance to score as A.Januzaj was brought down in the area, W.Rooney stepped up and fired the penalty low past the keepers outstretched arms. With five minutes remaining in the half we made it two nil as A.Januzaj again ran into the area and fired a thunderous shot past the Chelsea keeper.

Half Time Score 2-0

The second half was all us as we kept the ball away from Chelsea for the majority of the half. However the only time they came close to the goal C.Smalling ran back and cleared the ball with a perfectly timed challenge. On the 70th minute we made the game safe as W.Rooney fired in from the penalty spot again after M.Depay's thunderous effort was handled in the area. A good win against a “ Top four side”

Man.Utd 3-0 Chelsea W.Rooney 25 pen, 75 pen, A.Januzaj 40

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling, M.Darmian, D.Criscito (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj (B.Schweinsteiger), A.Herrera, M.Fellaini (A.Young), M.Depay, H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt)

August 22nd:

Ipswich (H) Capital One Cup 3rd Rd

Despite a full first team we struggled against Ipswich. On the 15th minute they had the first chance of the game with a low effort which was diverted wide of the post by D.De Gea's feet. Ten minutes later they came close again with a curling effort from just outside the area but D.De Gea again saved well. With nine minutes remaining in the half we took an undeserved lead as A.Januzaj tried his luck from 30 yards and the bounce deceived the Ipswich keeper.

Half Time Score 1-0

The second half wasn't great in truth as we failed to string more than a couple of passes together. The only chance we had was on the 76th minute as H.Kane somehow headed over the crossbar from six yards when it was easier to score.

Man.Utd 1-0 Ipswich A.Januzaj 36

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling, M.Darmian, D.Criscito (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, M.Rashford (B.Schweinsteiger), A.Herrera, A.Young, A.Martial, W.Rooney (capt) (H.Kane)

September 26th:

The draw for the Capital One Cup 4th Rd sees us facing a home tie against Premier League side Man.City. Not the draw I was hoping for

Southampton (A) (7/38)

We again struggled in the first half with some poor play and it was Southampton who had the first chance as they broke through the defence but Y.Nagatomo slid in and cleared the ball. On the 23rd minute they had another chance with thunderous effort which had D.De Gea at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later we finally had our first chance of the game as M.Rashford rattled the upright from 25 yards after running onto a loose ball.

Half Time Score 0-0

The second half wasn't much better with my side failing to get more than a few passes strung together. On the 54th minute Southampton had another chance as they broke through my defence with far too much ease and fired towards goal but D.De Gea again saved the day. However on the 68th minute a poor clearance by the Southampton keeper was volleyed back by A.Martial and pass the keeper. Straight from kick off we made it two nil as H.Kane ran into the area and slotted home from an A.Herrera cross. On the 79th minute Southampton were awarded a penalty after M.Darmian mistimed his challenge in the area, the Southampton striker stepped up and fired towards goal but D.De Gea guessed right and saved the penalty. An undeserved three points.

Southampton 0-2 Man.Utd A.Martial 68, H.Kane 69

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling, M.Darmian, D.Criscito, A.Januzaj, M.Rashford (B.Schweinsteiger), A.Herrera, A.Young (M.Depay), A.Martial, W.Rooney (capt) (H.Kane)

Cheers ed its good to have you along. I tend to play an attacking formation and in this save it seems to be working

September 29th:

Bayern (H) Champions Cup Grp Stage G (2/6)

Straight from kick off we were a goal down as T.Muller unleashed a brilliant effort from 30 yards which caught D.De Gea off guard. Soon after Bayern had another chance with a curling effort which was diverted wide of the post by M.Darmian. We were being battered and on the 25th minute it was two nil as R.Lewandowski headed in a cross with far too much ease. Eight minutes later Bayern added another goal as J.Martinez curled in a free-kick from 25 yards after a foul by C.Smalling.

Half Time Score 0-3

The second half was all Bayern as they dominated the game with ease. On the hour mark they had a clear cut chance to score after a great team move but D.De Gea managed to block the effort. It was far too easy for the German side and just before the final whistle they had another chance but yet again D.De Gea saved the day. Not a good day in the office

Man.Utd 0-3 Bayern T.Muller 1, R.Lewandowski 25, J.Martinez 33

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling (capt), M.Darmian, D.Criscito, A.Januzaj (B.Schweinsteiger), M.Rashford (M.Depay), A.Herrera (M.Fellaini), A.Young, A.Martial, H.Kane

Group G Result: Sevilla 1-1 Viktoria Plzen

ed I think you've cursed my side, we haven't scored since your comment :D

October 2015:

October 1st:

Award news sees A.Januzaj win the Player of the Month Award for September. M.Depay has won the Young Player of the Month and I have been awarded the Manager of the Month Award. So a clean sweep for the club

October 3rd:

Watford (H) (8/38)

We took awhile to get going and on the 34th minute we had our first chance of the game as A.Martial tried his luck from just outside the area but the Watford keeper managed to tip it round the post. Six minutes later we had another chance with H.Kane playing a one two with A.Martial and fired towards goal but the Watford keeper was on hand again to block the effort.

Half Time Score 0-0

The second half saw us battering the Watford side and ten minutes into the half we came close with A.Herrera rattling the upright from just inside the area. On the 63rd minute Watford had the keeper to thank after he brilliantly saved a M.Depay free-kick after A.Januzaj was brought down on the way to goal. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we had the last chance of the game as M.Depay curled the ball into the area but H.Kane somehow managed to head wide of the post.

Man.Utd 0-0 Watford

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling (capt), M.Darmian, D.Criscito (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, M.Fellaini, A.Herrera (B.Schweinsteiger), A.Young (M.Depay), A.Martial, H.Kane

October 17th:

Man.City (A) (9/38)

Two minutes into the game we silenced the Etihad crowd as A.Martial fired in with power from the edge of the area after running onto an A.Herrera pass. Soon after we came close again with a low shot from M.Fellaini which beat the keeper but not the upright. City weren't getting near the ball and on 29th minute we had another chance as A.Young jinked into the area and fired towards goal but the City keeper saved well. Just before the break though City gave us a warning as they broke into the area with ease and hit a powerful shot towards goal but D.De Gea saved well.

Half Time Score 0-1

The second half was eight minutes old when City had the first chance of the half with a rasping effort which was tipped round the post by D.De Gea. On the hour mark we had the chance to kill the game off after B.Schweinsteiger was brought down in the area for a penalty, however M.Depay fired the resulting penalty wide of the post. With ten minutes remaining in the game City had yet another chance with a great team move which split my defence apart but D.De Gea was on hand to save the day

Man.City 0-1 Man.Utd A.Martial 2

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling (capt) (P.McNair), M.Darmian, D.Criscito, A.Januzaj, M.Fellaini (B.Schweinsteiger), A.Herrera, A.Young (M.Depay), A.Martial, H.Kane

October 20th:

Sevilla (H) Champions Cup Grp G (3/6)

We controlled the opening minutes and on the 8th minute H.Kane had the chance to give us the lead with a powerful effort from outside the area but it went just wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance as A.Martial threaded the ball to the feet of H.Kane who lashed the ball wide of the post. On the 27th minute Sevilla had their first chance of the game as they broke through my defence with ease and fired towards goal but D.De Gea blocked the effort. Seven minutes later we broke the deadlock as A.Januzaj hit a thunderous effort into the top corner of the net to give the Sevilla keeper no chance of saving. However we let ourselves down as on the 37th minute F.Fazio grabbed the equaliser for Sevilla with a brave header

Half Time Score 1-1

The second half saw us piling forward and on the 56th minute we had our chance as A.Young curled a free-kick just wide of the post after A.Herrera's effort was handled. Twelve minutes later we came close again as A.Januzaj rattled the upright from 20 yards after running in from the wings, however Sevilla countered us and we had C.Smalling to thank as he slid in and cleared the ball. On the stroke of full time we had our final chance with M.Depay firing just over the crossbar from ten yards when it was easier to score

Man.Utd 1-1 Sevilla A.Januzaj 34 / F.Fazio 37

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, C.Smalling (capt), M.Darmian, D.Criscito (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, M.Fellaini (B.Schweinsteiger), A.Herrera, A.Young, A.Martial (M.Depay), H.Kane

Group G Result: Viktoria Plzen 1-3 Bayern

October 24th:

Sunderland (H) (10/38)

We never got going and on the 21st minute Sunderland had their first chance with a powerful effort which had D.De Gea at full stretch to save. Eight minutes later they had another effort but yet again D.De Gea saved the day with a brilliant save. It wasn't long till Sunderland beat my defence with ease and fired under D.De Gea but the ball bobbled wide of the post. Just before the break we had our first chance as A.Young tried his luck from just outside the area but the ball went just over the crossbar.

Half Time Score 0-0

The second half was four minutes old when Sunderland finally got the goal they deserved as J.Defoe ran onto a though-ball and fired past D.De Gea. On the 53rd minute our day got worse as P.Jones was sent off for a second yellow card. Sunderland carried on the forward pressure as we struggled with our general play. With three minutes remaining in the game Sunderland added the killer goal as J.Defoe headed in his second of the game to give Sunderland all three points

Man.Utd 0-2 Sunderland J.Defoe 49, 87

D.De Gea, Y.Nagatomo, P.Jones (capt), M.Darmian, D.Criscito (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, M.Fellaini, A.Herrera (B.Schweinsteiger), A.Young, A.Martial (P.McNair), H.Kane

October 27th:

Man.City (H) Capital One Cup 4th Rd

We started well and on the 9th minute we had our first effort as M.Rashford rattled the upright from just outside the area after running onto a loose ball. Ten minutes later we had another chance with A.Young crossing into the area but W.Rooney headed wide of the post. Man.City finally had their first chance on the 34th minute with a great team move which made my defence look very amateurish but S.Romero saved well to deny the striker. With a minute remaining in the half City grabbed the lead as Y.Toure rose above my defence and headed past S.Romero who was pretty slow to react

Half Time Score 0-1

The second half was much the same with my side dominating and on the 59th minute W.Rooney came close with a low effort which beat the keeper but went just wide of the post. Eleven minutes later W.Rooney had another chance with a thunderous effort which the keeper saved brilliantly. On the 78th minute A.Martial rattled the crossbar from 25 yards after beating the keeper with ease. Deep into injury time City were reduced to ten men after Y.Toure was sent off for a second yellow but it was too late in the game to make a difference

Man.Utd 0-1 Man.City Y.Toure 44

S.Romero, Y.Nagatomo, M.Rojo, C.Smalling, L.Shaw, A.Januzaj (M.Depay), B.Schweinsteiger, A.Herrera (M.Fellaini), A.Young, M.Rashford (A.Martial), W.Rooney (capt)

I know, cant even say I was playing the reserves..Just say the fans weren't too impressed

October 31st:

Everton (A) (11/38)

Eleven minutes into the game Everton took the lead as K.Mirallas beat the offside trap with ease and fired under D.De Gea. However the Goodison crowd were silenced on the 15th minute as H.Kane ran into the area unmarked and fired a B.Schweinsteiger through-ball under the keeper. Twelve minutes later A.Herrera had our next chance as he curled a free-kick just wide of the post after W.Rooney was brought down on the way to goal. On the 34th minute we took the lead as H.Kane headed a M.Depay free-kick past the keeper. With two minutes remaining in the half B.Schweinsteiger added another goal with a brave header from a M.Depay corner;

Half Time Score 1-3

The second half was pretty quiet in truth with little in the way of action. We had the only chance of the half as M.Depay crossed into the area but W.Rooney somehow managed to head the ball wide of the post when it was easier to score

Everton 1-3 Man.Utd K.Mirallas 11 / H.Kane 15, 34, B.Schweinsteiger 43

D.De Gea, M.Darmian, C.Smalling, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj (J.Mata), A.Herrera (M.Schneiderlin), B.Schweinsteiger, M.Depay, H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt)

Premier Division Table: October

| Pos  | Inf | Team           | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag  | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag  | GD  | Pts | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st  |     | Swansea        | 11  | 4   | 1   | 0   | 12  | 2   | 3   | 2   | 1   | 9   | 5   | 14  | 24  | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd  |     | Arsenal        | 11  | 3   | 2   | 0   | 9   | 4   | 4   | 0   | 2   | 11  | 2   | 14  | 23  | 
| 3rd  |     | Chelsea        | 11  | 5   | 1   | 0   | 17  | 2   | 1   | 2   | 2   | 6   | 8   | 13  | 21  | 
| 4th  |     | Liverpool      | 11  | 2   | 4   | 0   | 6   | 3   | 3   | 2   | 0   | 8   | 4   | 7   | 21  | 
[b]| 5th  |     | Man Utd        | 10  | 2   | 1   | 2   | 7   | 4   | 4   | 1   | 0   | 10  | 2   | 11  | 20  | [/b]
| 6th  |     | Tottenham      | 10  | 4   | 2   | 0   | 11  | 5   | 1   | 1   | 2   | 6   | 7   | 5   | 18  | 
| 7th  |     | Man City       | 11  | 2   | 2   | 2   | 7   | 5   | 3   | 1   | 1   | 6   | 5   | 3   | 18  | 
| 8th  |     | Everton        | 10  | 2   | 1   | 1   | 7   | 5   | 2   | 3   | 1   | 12  | 8   | 6   | 16  | 
| 9th  |     | West Ham       | 10  | 2   | 2   | 1   | 5   | 8   | 1   | 3   | 1   | 3   | 3   | -3  | 14  | 
| 10th |     | Southampton    | 10  | 2   | 0   | 3   | 7   | 9   | 2   | 1   | 2   | 8   | 8   | -2  | 13  | 
| 11th |     | Watford        | 11  | 2   | 2   | 2   | 4   | 5   | 1   | 2   | 2   | 5   | 6   | -2  | 13  | 
| 12th |     | Bournemouth    | 11  | 2   | 1   | 2   | 4   | 7   | 1   | 2   | 3   | 6   | 11  | -8  | 12  | 
| 13th |     | Sunderland     | 10  | 2   | 0   | 2   | 7   | 6   | 1   | 2   | 3   | 7   | 9   | -1  | 11  | 
| 14th |     | Stoke          | 11  | 2   | 2   | 1   | 6   | 7   | 1   | 0   | 5   | 8   | 15  | -8  | 11  | 
| 15th |     | Newcastle      | 10  | 3   | 1   | 2   | 11  | 8   | 0   | 0   | 4   | 2   | 8   | -3  | 10  | 
| 16th |     | Leicester      | 11  | 3   | 1   | 2   | 14  | 14  | 0   | 0   | 5   | 4   | 16  | -12 | 10  | 
| 17th |     | Crystal Palace | 11  | 1   | 0   | 4   | 5   | 12  | 2   | 1   | 3   | 6   | 12  | -13 | 10  | 
| 18th |     | Norwich        | 10  | 2   | 1   | 2   | 8   | 6   | 0   | 2   | 3   | 6   | 10  | -2  | 9   | 
| 19th |     | West Brom      | 11  | 1   | 1   | 3   | 6   | 8   | 1   | 1   | 4   | 3   | 8   | -7  | 8   | 
| 20th |     | Aston Villa    | 11  | 1   | 3   | 2   | 6   | 10  | 0   | 2   | 3   | 4   | 12  | -12 | 8   | 

**** Doesn't include Everton game ****

November 2015;

November 4th:

Sevilla (A) Champions Cup Grp G (4/6)

We didn't start well at all as Sevilla controlled the majority of the first half and on the 22nd minute we went a goal down as K.Gameiro curled the ball into the top corner after my defence seemed to fall asleep. Eight minutes later we were two goals down as K.Gameiro grabbed his second of the game with a brave header. Sevilla were all over us however on the 40th minute we were awarded a penalty after the referee adjudged the Sevilla defence to have fouled H.Kane in the area, W.Rooney stepped up and fired the penalty past the Sevilla keeper.

Half Time Score 2-1

Three minutes into the half we levelled the scores as W.Rooney beat the offside trap and fired with pace past the outstretched arms of the keeper. On the hour we had another chance with a thunderous effort from A.Herrera which beat the keeper but not the crossbar. We were looking a lot better in this half and on the 69th minute A.Januzaj jinked into the area and fired the ball low past the keeper and the upright. Six minutes later we took the lead as H.Kane headed in an A.Young cross. With three minutes remaining in the game we had another chance as W.Rooney barged through the defence but his final effort was dire and went well wide of the post

Sevilla 2-3 Man.Utd K.Gameiro 22, 30 / W.Rooney 40 pen, 48, H.Kane 75

D.De Gea, M.Darmian, C.Smalling, M.Rojo (D.Criscito), Y.Nagatomo, A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, B.Schweinsteiger (M.Schneiderlin), M.Depay (A.Young), H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt)

Group G Result: Bayern 3-0 Viktoria Plzen

November 7th:

West Brom (H) (12/38)

Ten minutes into the game we took the lead as Y.Nagatomo crossed the ball into the area but his cross screwed over the keepers head and into the back of the net. We were controlling the game and on the 33rd minute we had another chance with a low effort from W.Rooney which had the keeper at full stretch to save. On the stroke of half time West Brom were awarded a penalty after M.Rojo handled in the area, luckily for us D.De Gea guessed right and saved the penalty.

Half Time Score 1-0

The second half wasn't a great half as we failed to string more than a few passed together but luckily for us West Brom weren't much better.

Man.Utd 1-0 West Brom Y.Nagatomo 10

D.De Gea, M.Darmian, C.Smalling, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo, A.Januzaj, A.Herrera (A.Young), B.Schweinsteiger, M.Depay (M.Schneiderlin), H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt) (A.Martial)

November 9th:

Injury news sees keeper D.De Gea out for around 4-5 weeks after suffering from a hernia

November 13th:

More injury news sees M.Depay picking a sprained ankle on International duty, he will be out for around 5-6 weeks

November 19th:

The physio room is getting fuller by the minute as B.Schweinsteiger has strained his ankle ligaments and will be out for around 4-5 weeks

November 21st:

Arsenal (A) (13/38)

An entertaining game for the fans with some great football. We had the first chance of the game on the 17th minute as W.Rooney ran through the Arsenal defence with ease but his final effort wasn't great and went wide of the post. Ten minutes later Arsenal were awarded a penalty after C.Smalling fouled in the area, S.Carzola stepped up and fired past S.Romero to send the home fans wild. The goal lifted Arsenal and with four minutes remaining in the half it was two nil as M.Ozil hit a thunderous effort past S.Romero who stood no chance of saving it.

Half Time Score 2-0

After the half time rollicking we came out strong and virtually straight from kick off we pulled a goal back as W.Rooney tapped in from close range after the Arsenal keeper dropped a J.Mata cross. On the 49th minute we levelled the scores as H.Kane headed a Y.Nagatomo cross past the keeper. However eight minutes Arsenal were back in the lead as S.Romero fumbled a cross into his own net. On the 75th minute we came close to levelling again with A.Martial running through the defence with ease but the keeper bravely smothered the ball. Just before the full time whistle Arsenal had the chance to make it 4-2 with a well struck effort but S.Romero saved well to deny him

Arsenal 3-2 Man.Utd S.Carzola 27 pen, M.Ozil 41, S.Romero 57 og / W.Rooney 46, H.Kane 49

S.Romero, M.Darmian (D.Criscito), C.Smalling, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo, A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Fellaini, J.Mata (A.Young), H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt) (A.Martial)

Disciplinary news sees Y.Nagatomo missing the next domestic game after picking up a 5th yellow card for the season

November 24th:

Viktoria Plzen (H) Champions Cup Grp G (5/6)

We controlled the game with ease and on the 8th minute we had the chance to take the lead as W.Rooney ran onto a J.Mata through-ball but his final effort was saved well by the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance as M.Fellaini rattled the upright from outside the area after the Viktoria Plzen midfield lost the ball. Just after the half hour we finally grabbed the goal we deserved as W.Rooney headed a J.Mata cross past the keeper. On the 43rd minute though Viktoria Plzen came close with a looping cross which S.Romero failed to deal with but C.Smalling was on hand the clear our lines

Half Time Score 1-0

The second half was again all us and on the 54th minute we came close as H.Kane barged into the area and dinked the ball over the keeper but it bobbled just wide of the post. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with A.Martial hitting the crossbar from ten yards when it was easier for him to score. On the 79th minute we came close again as A.Young curled a free-kick into the area but W.Rooney headed straight into the keepers arms

Man.Utd 1-0 Viktoria Plzen W.Rooney 31

S.Romero, M.Darmian, C.Smalling, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Fellaini, J.Mata (A.Young), H.Kane (A.Martial), W.Rooney (capt)

Group G Result: Sevilla 0-0 Bayern

With Sevilla only drawing against Bayern it means that we have qualified for the Champions Cup First Knockout Round

November 28th:

Crystal Palace (H) (14/38)

Palace started the and on the 13th minute they took the lead as E.Adebayor beat M.Rojo to a loose ball and fired under the onrushing S.Romero. Eight minutes later they had another chance with a low shot which beat my keeper but the ball went just wide of the post. On the half hour we had our first effort as M.Rashford tried his luck from 25 yards but the Palace keeper easily saved it

Half Time Score 0-1

The second half was six minutes old when we equalised as J.Mata fired in a free-kick from 30 yards after M.Rashford was brought down on the way to goal. However our joy didn't last long as on the 55th minute E.Adebayor headed in past S.Romero after my defence failed to deal with a simple corner. Twelve minutes later Palace came close again with a brave header but S.Romero managed to punch the ball clear. We were struggling to get close to the ball and on the 84th minute Palace should have grabbed another goal from the penalty spot after M.Rojo handled the ball, however luckily for him S.Romero saved the resulting penalty

Man.Utd 1-2 Crystal Palace J.Mata 51 / E.Adebayor 13, 55

S.Romero (capt), M.Darmian, P.McNair, M.Rojo, L.Shaw, A.Januzaj (A.Young), A.Herrera, M.Fellaini, J.Mata, A.Martial (W.Rooney), M.Rashford (H.Kane)

Premier Division: November

| Pos  | Inf | Team           | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag  | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag  | GD  | Pts | 
| 1st  |     | Arsenal        | 14  | 4   | 2   | 0   | 12  | 6   | 6   | 0   | 2   | 18  | 3   | 21  | 32  | 
| 2nd  |     | Chelsea        | 14  | 6   | 2   | 0   | 20  | 3   | 2   | 2   | 2   | 8   | 8   | 17  | 28  | 
| 3rd  |     | Swansea        | 14  | 4   | 2   | 0   | 14  | 4   | 4   | 2   | 2   | 11  | 9   | 12  | 28  | 
| 4th  |     | Liverpool      | 14  | 4   | 4   | 0   | 11  | 3   | 3   | 2   | 1   | 8   | 5   | 11  | 27  | 
[b]| 5th  |     | Man Utd        | 14  | 3   | 1   | 3   | 9   | 6   | 5   | 1   | 1   | 15  | 6   | 12  | 26  |[/b] 
| 6th  |     | Tottenham      | 14  | 5   | 2   | 1   | 14  | 7   | 2   | 1   | 3   | 8   | 9   | 6   | 24  | 
| 7th  |     | West Ham       | 14  | 4   | 2   | 1   | 11  | 9   | 2   | 4   | 1   | 5   | 4   | 3   | 24  | 
| 8th  |     | Everton        | 14  | 3   | 1   | 2   | 9   | 8   | 3   | 4   | 1   | 18  | 12  | 7   | 23  | 
| 9th  |     | Man City       | 14  | 2   | 2   | 3   | 8   | 7   | 4   | 1   | 2   | 7   | 8   | 0   | 21  | 
| 10th |     | Watford        | 14  | 3   | 2   | 2   | 8   | 6   | 2   | 2   | 3   | 7   | 9   | 0   | 19  | 
| 11th |     | Bournemouth    | 14  | 3   | 1   | 3   | 7   | 9   | 2   | 2   | 3   | 11  | 11  | -2  | 18  | 
| 12th |     | Southampton    | 14  | 3   | 0   | 5   | 8   | 12  | 2   | 2   | 2   | 8   | 8   | -4  | 17  | 
| 13th |     | Crystal Palace | 14  | 1   | 0   | 5   | 5   | 17  | 4   | 1   | 3   | 10  | 13  | -15 | 16  | 
| 14th |     | Sunderland     | 14  | 3   | 1   | 2   | 9   | 6   | 1   | 2   | 5   | 7   | 12  | -2  | 15  | 
| 15th |     | Newcastle      | 14  | 3   | 2   | 3   | 14  | 16  | 1   | 1   | 4   | 5   | 8   | -5  | 15  | 
| 16th |     | Leicester      | 14  | 4   | 2   | 2   | 17  | 14  | 0   | 0   | 6   | 5   | 20  | -12 | 14  | 
| 17th |     | Norwich        | 14  | 3   | 1   | 2   | 11  | 8   | 0   | 3   | 5   | 9   | 16  | -4  | 13  | 
| 18th |     | Stoke          | 14  | 2   | 2   | 3   | 6   | 11  | 1   | 0   | 6   | 10  | 18  | -13 | 11  | 
| 19th |     | West Brom      | 14  | 1   | 1   | 4   | 6   | 11  | 1   | 1   | 6   | 3   | 13  | -15 | 8   | 
| 20th |     | Aston Villa    | 14  | 1   | 3   | 4   | 7   | 14  | 0   | 2   | 4   | 4   | 14  | -17 | 8   | 

December 2015:

December 1st:

Award news sees A.Januzaj named as the Young Player of the Month for November

December 5th:

Norwich (A) (15/38)

Four minutes into the game we took the lead as A.Martial beat the offside trap and fired under the onrushing keeper. However on the 7th minute Norwich levelled as D.Mbokani curled the ball into the top corner past S.Romero. The equaliser seemed to stoke my players up and on the 21st minute we retook the lead as M.Fellaini hit a thunderous effort past the outstretched arms of the keeper. It was one way traffic and on the 33rd minute P.McNair headed in a J.Mata corner after M.Rashford's initial effort was well saved. Just before the break we had another chance as M.Rashford tried his luck from just outside the area but the Norwich keeper saved well

Half Time Score 1-3

The second half was all too easy for us however with that much my players seemed to relax and we became slightly sloppy with our passing. On the 64th minute we were awarded a penalty after H.Kane was brought down in the area, W.Rooney stepped up and fired the ball past the Norwich keeper. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we should have made it 5-1 as H.Kane somehow managed to miss from six yards after running onto a M.Fellaini through-ball

Norwich 1-4 Man.Utd D.Mbokani 7 / A.Martial 4, M.Fellaini 21, P.McNair 33, W.Rooney 64 pen

S.Romero (capt), M.Darmian, P.McNair, M.Rojo, L.Shaw, A.Januzaj, A.Herrera (A.Young), M.Fellaini, J.Mata, A.Martial (W.Rooney), M.Rashford (H.Kane)

December 7th:

The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Round has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against Premier Division side Everton

December 9th;

Bayern (A) Champions Cup Grp G (6/6)

A very tight game saw very little action in the first half. The only chance came in the 34th minute as Bayern beat my teams offside trap but S.Romero managed to block the effort.

Half Time Score 0-0

The second half was seven minutes old when Bayern grabbed the lead as R.Lewandowski rounded S.Romero and fired into the empty net after my side failed to deal with a simple ball. Their was one more chance in this dire game as Bayern again broke us down but S.Romero was on hand to tip the effort around the post.

Bayern 1-0 Man.Utd R.Lewandowski 52

S.Romero (capt), M.Darmian, P.McNair, M.Rojo, L.Shaw, A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Fellaini, J.Mata (A.Young), A.Martial (W.Rooney), M.Rashford (H.Kane)

Group G Result: Viktoria Plzen 0-1 Sevilla

Disciplinary news sees A.Herrera missing the next European game after picking up his third yellow card of the competition

Champions Cup Grp Qualifiers:

Group A: Arsenal (ENG), SLB (POR)

Group B: Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Basel (SUI)

Group C: Sporting (POR) (POR), Atletico (ESP)

Group D: R.Madrid (ESP), Zenit (RUS)

Group E: Juventus (ITA), FCP (POR)

Group F: FC Barcelona (ESP), Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)

Group G: Bayern (GER), Man.Utd (ENG)

Group H: Lazio (ITA), AS Monaco (FRA)

December 12th:

Swansea (H) (16/38)

Swansea had the first chance of the game with a rasping effort on the 19th minute as they beat my defence to a loose ball. Eight minutes later we came close as M.Rashford hit a wonderful effort towards goal but the Swansea keeper was on hand to block the effort. Just after the half hour we had another chance to score with A.Martial threading the ball to the feet of M.Rashford but his effort was fired just wide of the post.

Half Time Score 0-0

The second half was seven minutes old as A.Januzaj gave us the lead as he fired in from just outside the area to give the keeper little chance of saving. However on the 67th minute Swansea levelled as B.Gomis rose above the defence and headed over S.Romero's head and into the net. Ten minutes later we had the chance to retake the lead with a curling effort from J.Mata but the keeper saved brilliantly to deny them. The game was becoming very open and on the 88th minute Swansea should have won the game but S.Romero bravely smothered the ball at the strikers feet

Man.Utd 1-1 Swansea A.Januzaj 52 / B.Gomis 67

S.Romero, D.Criscito (M.Darmian), P.Jones (capt), M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo, A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Fellaini, J.Mata, A.Martial (W.Rooney), M.Rashford (H.Kane)

December 14th:

The draw for the Champions Cup First Knockout Round has taken place and is as follows:-

FCP (POR) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)

Basel (SUI) v Sporting (POR) (POR)

Atletico (ESP) v Juventus (ITA)

AS Monaco (FRA) v Arsenal (ENG)

SLB (POR) v Lazio (ITA)

Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) v R.Madrid (ESP)

Man.Utd (ENG) v FC Barcelona (ESP)

Zenit (RUS) v Bayern (GER)

As you can see we have been given a tough draw. Hopefully we can get a good result in the first leg and try not to concede.

December 16th:

Stoke (A) (17/38)

Five minutes into the game we were awarded a penalty after A.Martial was dragged down in the area, J.Mata stepped up and fired the penalty well over the crossbar much to the delight of the Stoke fans. Soon after we had our next chance with a low shot from M.Fellaini but the Stoke keeper was on hand to block the effort. On the 25th minute Stoke were reduced to ten men after G.Whelan picked up a second yellow card which was followed by the red. Just before the break we had our next chance with A.Januzaj curling the ball towards the top corner of the net but the Stoke keeper again saved well.

Half Time Score 0-0

Eight minutes into the second half we finally broke the deadlock as W.Rooney unleashed a thunderous effort into the net from just inside the area. Stoke weren't getting near the ball and on the 69th minute we added a second goal as W.Rooney headed in a J.Mata cross past the outstretched arms of the keeper. Ten minutes later we had a goal ruled out after A.Martial was adjudged to have fouled the keeper on his way to goal. With six minutes remaining in the game we grabbed goal number as A.Martial showed the keeper some skill to beat him to the ball and fired into the empty net.

Stoke 0-3 Man.Utd W.Rooney 53, 69, A.Martial 84

S.Romero (capt), D.Criscito (M.Darmian), P.Jones, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Fellaini, J.Mata, A.Martial, M.Rashford (W.Rooney)

December 19th:

West Ham (A) (18/38)

We started poorly and on the 14th minute D.Payet hit a wonderful free-kick past S.Romero after M.Rojo brought down a West Ham player just outside the area. Soon after West Ham had another chance with a rasping effort which had S.Romero at full stretch to save. It was all West Ham and on the 33rd minute they came close with a curling effort which was headed off the line by P.Jones. Just before the break we had our first effort of the game with a powerful shot from W.Rooney which stung the fingers of the keeper

Half Time Score 1-0

Four minutes into the half West Ham took a two goal lead as D.Sakho headed a corner past my keeper. The goal seemed to give my players a kick up the back side and on the 55th minute we pulled a goal back as H.Kane bravely headed a J.Mata cross past the arms of the keeper. Eleven minutes later A.Herrera rattled the upright from 25 yards after trying his luck with a thunderous effort. We were controlling the game and on the 76th minute we had another chance with J.Mata curling a free-kick wide of the post after W.Rooney was brought down. Deep into injury time we grabbed the equaliser as W.Rooney beat the offside trap and dinked the ball over the West Ham keeper to silence the home crowd

West Ham 2-2 Man.Utd D.Payet 14, D.Sakho 49 / H.Kane 55, W.Rooney 90+2

S.Romero, D.Criscito, P.Jones, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo (M.Darmian), A.Januzaj (A.Young), A.Herrera, M.Fellaini, J.Mata, A.Martial (H.Kane), W.Rooney (capt)

December 26th:

Bournemouth (H) (19/38)

We seemed to struggle to get going but luckily for us so did Bournemouth. It wasn't till the 28th minute that we had the first chance of the game as W.Rooney headed a J.Mata corner wide of the post. With eight minutes remaining in the half we took the lead as J.Mata curled a free-kick from 30 yards past the Bournemouth keeper after A.Martial was hauled down on the way to goal.

Half Time Score 1-0

The second half was not a great showing off football with my side and the Bournemouth side failing to get close to each others goal. With nine minutes remaining in the game we were reduced to ten men after P.Jones was sent off for a cynical challenge

Man.Utd 1-0 Bournemouth J.Mata 37

S.Romero, D.Criscito (M.Darmian), P.Jones, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo (L.Shaw), A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Fellaini, J.Mata, A.Martial (H.Kane), W.Rooney (capt)

Disciplinary news sees P.Jones given a two match for his sending. I decided to give him a weeks fine for his sending off which he thought was unfair. However as a more senior member of the squad he should knows better. Also M.Fellaini will miss a match after reaching five yellow cards in domestic matches

December 28th:

West Ham (H) (20/38)

Three minutes into the game we took the lead as W.Rooney finished a great team move which ended with him sliding the ball under the keepers body. However the early goal seemed to kill the game and we failed to get close to the West Ham goal after that. West Ham only had the one chance in the half with a low shot which beat S.Romero but not the upright

Half Time Score 1-0

The second half wasn't great either as we just seemed to be ambling around without much purpose. Luckily for us but not the fans West Ham weren't much better and both sides were rightly booed off the pitch after the final whistle

Man.Utd 1-0 West Ham W.Rooney 3

S.Romero, D.Criscito (P.McNair), M.Darmian, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo, A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Rashford (C.Smalling), J.Mata, A.Martial (H.Kane), W.Rooney (capt)

Premier Division: December

| 1st  |     | Arsenal        | 20  | 7   | 2   | 0   | 16  | 7   | 6   | 1   | 4   | 19  | 8   | 20  | 42  | 
[b]| 2nd  |     | Man Utd        | 20  | 5   | 2   | 3   | 12  | 7   | 7   | 2   | 1   | 24  | 9   | 20  | 40  | [/b]
| 3rd  |     | Liverpool      | 20  | 7   | 4   | 0   | 20  | 7   | 4   | 3   | 2   | 9   | 6   | 16  | 40  | 
| 4th  |     | Swansea        | 20  | 6   | 3   | 0   | 21  | 5   | 5   | 3   | 3   | 16  | 14  | 18  | 39  | 
| 5th  |     | West Ham       | 20  | 7   | 3   | 1   | 19  | 13  | 3   | 4   | 2   | 6   | 5   | 7   | 37  | 
| 6th  |     | Everton        | 20  | 6   | 1   | 2   | 13  | 8   | 4   | 4   | 3   | 23  | 17  | 11  | 35  | 
| 7th  |     | Chelsea        | 20  | 7   | 4   | 0   | 24  | 5   | 2   | 2   | 5   | 10  | 14  | 15  | 33  | 
| 8th  |     | Tottenham      | 20  | 7   | 3   | 1   | 18  | 8   | 2   | 2   | 5   | 11  | 14  | 7   | 32  | 
| 9th  |     | Man City       | 20  | 4   | 3   | 3   | 14  | 10  | 4   | 3   | 3   | 10  | 12  | 2   | 30  | 
| 10th |     | Watford        | 20  | 6   | 2   | 3   | 14  | 9   | 2   | 2   | 5   | 8   | 13  | 0   | 28  | 
| 11th |     | Leicester      | 20  | 6   | 2   | 3   | 23  | 19  | 2   | 1   | 6   | 14  | 24  | -6  | 27  | 
| 12th |     | Bournemouth    | 20  | 5   | 1   | 3   | 10  | 10  | 2   | 4   | 5   | 14  | 17  | -3  | 26  | 
| 13th |     | Crystal Palace | 20  | 3   | 1   | 5   | 14  | 20  | 5   | 1   | 5   | 15  | 20  | -11 | 26  | 
| 14th |     | Norwich        | 20  | 3   | 3   | 3   | 15  | 15  | 2   | 4   | 5   | 12  | 17  | -5  | 22  | 
| 15th |     | Sunderland     | 20  | 4   | 2   | 3   | 14  | 13  | 1   | 4   | 6   | 10  | 17  | -6  | 21  | 
| 16th |     | Southampton    | 20  | 4   | 1   | 6   | 13  | 16  | 2   | 2   | 5   | 10  | 14  | -7  | 21  | 
| 17th |     | Newcastle      | 20  | 3   | 3   | 5   | 15  | 20  | 1   | 1   | 7   | 6   | 17  | -16 | 16  | 
| 18th |     | West Brom      | 20  | 3   | 1   | 5   | 11  | 14  | 1   | 2   | 8   | 4   | 18  | -17 | 15  | 
| 19th |     | Stoke          | 20  | 2   | 2   | 5   | 6   | 15  | 2   | 0   | 9   | 13  | 23  | -19 | 14  | 
| 20th |     | Aston Villa    | 20  | 1   | 4   | 6   | 9   | 18  | 0   | 2   | 7   | 5   | 22  | -26 | 9   | 

January 2016:

January 1st:

Award news sees A.Januzaj winning the Premier Division Young Player of the Month and I have been awarded the Manager of the Month awarded

With the start of the transfer window I have done a few deals. The first deal sees veteran midfielder M.Carrick rejoining Tottenham Hotspur for a fee of £1,850,000. I have brought in three English players to the squad with 26yr old Full Back Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), 25yr old Full Back Kyle Walker (Tottenham) and 22yr old Midfielder Ravel Morrison (S.S.Lazio) joining for a combined fee of £44,500,000.

Newcastle (H) (21/38)

We controlled the game with ease and on the 20th minute we took the lead as A.Martial showed great pace to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing under the onrushing keeper. Soon after he had another chance but this time the Newcastle keeper was on hand to block the effort. We were all over Newcastle and on the 41st minute we grabbed goal number two as W.Rooney unleashed a thunderbolt into the top corner of the goal from 30 yards.

Half Time Score 2-0

The second half was much the same as Newcastle whimpered throughout forty five minutes. On the 57th minute we had our first chance of the half as A.Januzaj curled a ball into the area but R.Morrison headed wide of the post. Twelve minutes later it was three nil as A.Herrera ran into the area unmarked and headed an A.Januzaj cross past the keeper. With ten minutes remaining in the game W.Rooney had another chance to score with a low effort which beat the keeper but went inches wide of the post. On the 84th minute W.Rooney won a penalty after being brought down in the area, A.Martial stepped up and fired with pace past the keeper to complete a good afternoons work

Man.Utd 4-0 Newcastle A.Martial 20, 84 pen, W.Rooney 41, A.Herrera 69

D.De Gea, K.Walker, M.Darmian (L.Shaw), M.Rojo,Y.Nagatomo (C.Smalling), A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, M.Rashford (R.Morrison), J.Mata, A.Martial, W.Rooney (capt)

January 2nd:

More transfer news sees A.Valencia leaving the club and joining AS Monaco for a fee of £13,500,000 which isn't a bad fee for a 30yr old

January 4th:

I've let another player go as midfielder M.Schneiderlin has joined R.Madrid for £14,400,000. I have never really thought much of him in the few months I have been at the club

According some newspapers I will be leaving the club at the end of the season when my contract runs out. I have yet too be offered a new contract but when they do I will waste no time in signing it.

Injury news sees defender C.Smalling out for around 3-4 weeks after twisting his ankle in training

January 7th:

Another player has left the club as A.C.Milan has signed J.Lingard for £10,000,000. He was another player which I never really rated during my time

Cheers salkster, sorted my amateur error. God call myself a football fan :D

January 11th:

Everton (A) FA Cup 3rd Round

A cracking FA Cup game saw us share seven goals with Everton. We started the scoring on the 4th minute as A.Martial ran onto a J.Mata through-ball and fired under the onrushing keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance with a low effort from W.Rooney which had the keeper at full stretch to save. On the 23rd minute it was two nil as W.Rooney rose above the defence and headed in a R.Morrison cross. However three minutes later Everton pulled a goal back as B.Oumar Niasse beat my offside trap and rounded D.De Gea to slide the ball into the empty net. Everton were starting to outplay us and on the 37th minute they grabbed the equaliser as J.McCarthy headed in past the keeper after my defence failed to deal with a simple cross.

Half Time Score 2-2

Three minutes into the half Everton were awarded a penalty after M.Darmian mistimed his challenge on the Everton striker, L.Baines stepped up and fired past D.De Gea to give Everton the lead. The goal gave us a kick up the backside and on the 57th minute we grabbed the equaliser as A.Januzaj jinked in from the wing and fired into the top corner to silence the home crowd. Six minutes later all you could hear were the Man.Utd fans as J.Mata fired in a brilliant free-kick from 25 yards after A.Januzaj was brought down on the way to goal. The game was still pretty open and on the 88th minute the final chance of the game went to A.Martial who fired wide of the post from a W.Rooney through-ball when it was easier to score

Everton 3-4 Man.Utd B.Oumar Niasse 26, J.McCarthy 37, L.Baines 48 pen / A.Martial 4, W.Rooney 23, A.Januzaj 57, J.Mata 63

D.De Gea, K.Walker (L.Shaw), M.Darmian, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo (P.McNair), A.Januzaj, A.Herrera (H.Kane), R.Morrison, J.Mata, A.Martial, W.Rooney (capt)

The draw for the FA Cup 4th Round sees us facing either Premier Division side West Brom or Championship side Fulham away from home

January 16th:

Liverpool (A) (22/38)

Liverpool started the better and on the 13th minute D.Ings gave them the lead with a rasping effort which gave D.De Gea no chance of saving. Seven minutes later they had another chance with a curling shot which had D.De Gea at full stretch to save. However just after the half hour we pulled level as W.Rooney headed in from an A.Herrera cross. Our joy didn't last long though as on the 38th minute D.Ings gave Liverpool the lead again with a brilliant effort which rattled in off the upright.

Half Time Score 2-1

The second half was all Liverpool and on the 57th minute they came close again with a great team move but luckily for us the finishing was as poor as our defending. Ten minutes later we had our second chance of the game as J.Mata curled a free-kick just wide of the post after W.Rooney was brought down on the way to goal. With eleven minutes remaining in the game Liverpool made it 3-1 as D.Ings completed his hat-trick with a simple tap in from six yards after some more poor defending

Liverpool 3-1 Man.Utd D.Ings 13, 38, 79 / W.Rooney 32

D.De Gea, K.Walker, M.Darmian (L.Shaw), M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo (P.McNair), A.Januzaj, A.Herrera, R.Morrison, J.Mata, A.Martial (L.Shaw), W.Rooney (capt)

January 20th:

We will be facing Premier Division side West Brom in the 4th Round of the FA Cup after they beat Fulham 3-2 in the 3rd Rd replay

Cue the comments from Mr.Salkster

January 23rd:

Aston Villa (H) (23/38)

We controlled the game with ease and on the 14th minute we came close with a thunderous effort from H.Kane which had the keeper at full stretch to save. Eight minutes later we had another chance with W.Rooney shooting wide of the post when it was easier to score. Villa weren't getting near the ball and on the 39th minute A.Januzaj rattled the upright from 25 yards after running onto a loose ball.

Half Time Score 0-0

The second half was much the same as we piled forward and on the 63rd minute we came close again with A.Martial heading a R.Morrison cross just wide of the post. Twelve minutes later it was A.Young who came close with a powerful effort but the Villa keeper saved well. With three minutes remaining in the game we were awarded a penalty after W.Rooney was brought down in the area, however his penalty was pretty dire and was easily saved by the keeper

Man.Utd 0-0 Aston Villa

D.De Gea, K.Walker (P.McNair), K.Gibbs, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo, A.Januzaj (A.Young), A.Herrera (A.Martial), R.Morrison, J.Mata, H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt)

Injury news sees A.Januzaj out for around three weeks after straining his calf muscle during the game

January 30th:

West Brom (A) FA Cup 4th Rd

Eight minutes into the game West Brom took the lead as C.Brunt fired in under D.De Gea after some woeful defending. However on the 19th minute we levelled as H.Kane barged into the area and fired a J.Mata through-ball into the back of the net. The game was back and forth and on the 33rd minute H.Kane made it two one with a brave header from a M.Fellaini cross. Nine minutes later though D.Fletcher equalised with a well struck shot from the edge of the area.

Half Time Score 2-2

Ten minutes into the half West Brom retook the lead as S.Rondon beat the offside trap and fired in past D.De Gea much to the delight of the West Brom fans. On the 67th minute though we levelled again as H.Kane completed his hat-trick with a simple tap in after the West Brom defence failed to deal with a J.Mata cross. Twelve minutes later J.Mata had another chance with a curling free-kick which beat D.De Gea but not the upright. On the 89th minute we had our final chance as A.Martial tried his luck from the corner of the area but the keeper saved well to send the tie into a replay

West Brom 3-3 Man.Utd C.Brunt 8, D.Fletcher 42, S.Rondon 55 / H.Kane 19, 33, 67

D.De Gea, K.Walker (M.Darmian), K.Gibbs, M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo, J.Mata, M.Fellaini, R.Morrison, A.Herrera (A.Young), H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt) (A.Martial)

Premier Division: January

| 1st  |     | Arsenal        | 23  | 9   | 2   | 0   | 22  | 8   | 6   | 2   | 4   | 20  | 9   | 25  | 49  | 
[b]| 2nd  |     | Man Utd        | 23  | 6   | 3   | 3   | 16  | 7   | 7   | 2   | 2   | 25  | 12  | 22  | 44  | [/b]
| 3rd  |     | Liverpool      | 23  | 8   | 4   | 0   | 23  | 8   | 4   | 3   | 4   | 10  | 9   | 16  | 43  | 
| 4th  |     | West Ham       | 23  | 8   | 3   | 1   | 21  | 13  | 4   | 4   | 3   | 8   | 8   | 8   | 43  | 
| 5th  |     | Swansea        | 23  | 7   | 3   | 1   | 24  | 8   | 5   | 3   | 4   | 17  | 16  | 17  | 42  | 
| 6th  |     | Everton        | 23  | 7   | 1   | 3   | 16  | 11  | 5   | 4   | 3   | 25  | 18  | 12  | 41  | 
| 7th  |     | Tottenham      | 23  | 8   | 3   | 1   | 19  | 8   | 4   | 2   | 5   | 15  | 16  | 10  | 41  | 
| 8th  |     | Chelsea        | 23  | 8   | 4   | 0   | 26  | 5   | 2   | 3   | 6   | 13  | 18  | 16  | 37  | 
| 9th  |     | Man City       | 23  | 5   | 3   | 3   | 16  | 10  | 4   | 3   | 5   | 12  | 18  | 0   | 33  | 
| 10th |     | Leicester      | 23  | 7   | 2   | 3   | 25  | 20  | 3   | 1   | 7   | 18  | 29  | -6  | 33  | 
| 11th |     | Watford        | 23  | 6   | 3   | 3   | 15  | 10  | 3   | 2   | 6   | 14  | 15  | 4   | 32  | 
| 12th |     | Bournemouth    | 23  | 6   | 1   | 4   | 13  | 13  | 2   | 4   | 6   | 14  | 18  | -4  | 29  | 
| 13th |     | Sunderland     | 23  | 5   | 2   | 4   | 17  | 15  | 2   | 4   | 6   | 11  | 17  | -4  | 27  | 
| 14th |     | Crystal Palace | 23  | 3   | 2   | 6   | 17  | 28  | 5   | 1   | 6   | 16  | 22  | -17 | 27  | 
| 15th |     | Norwich        | 23  | 4   | 3   | 4   | 19  | 17  | 2   | 4   | 6   | 12  | 19  | -5  | 25  | 
| 16th |     | Southampton    | 23  | 5   | 1   | 6   | 15  | 17  | 2   | 2   | 7   | 10  | 19  | -11 | 24  | 
| 17th |     | Stoke          | 23  | 4   | 2   | 5   | 12  | 18  | 2   | 0   | 10  | 13  | 24  | -17 | 20  | 
| 18th |     | Newcastle      | 23  | 4   | 3   | 5   | 16  | 20  | 1   | 1   | 9   | 6   | 23  | -21 | 19  | 
| 19th |     | West Brom      | 23  | 4   | 1   | 6   | 12  | 15  | 1   | 2   | 9   | 4   | 20  | -19 | 18  | 
| 20th |     | Aston Villa    | 23  | 2   | 4   | 6   | 10  | 18  | 0   | 3   | 8   | 6   | 24  | -26 | 13  | 

February 2016:

February 1st:

The draw for the FA Cup 5th Round has taken place and we have been drawn against Premier Division side Bournemouth if we get past West Brom in the replay. The tie will be played at Old Trafford

February 2nd:

Tottenham (A) (24/38)

Spurs were the better side and on the 18th minute they took the lead as S.Heung-Min ran through my defence with ease and fired under the the body of D.De Gea. Nine minutes later though we pulled level as A.Herrera hit a cross into the area but the ball screwed over the Spurs keeper. After the goal Spurs carried on piling forward and on the 43rd minute we had the assistant referee to thank as he ruled a Spurs goal out for offside.

Half Time Score 1-1

The second half was nine minutes old when Spurs retook the lead as S.Berahino beat the offside trap and fired past D.De Gea with ease. On the 63rd minute Tottenham had another chance with a thunderous effort which was diverted wide of the post by M.Rojo. Five minutes later any chance of a comeback was thwarted as M.Fellaini was sent off for a two footed lunge. Spurs upped the tempo and on the 78th minute they saw a long range effort go just wide of the upright after it beat my keeper. With three minutes remaining in the game the home side had one last chance from the penalty spot after M.Rojo brought down a player in the area, luckily for us D.De Gea guessed right and saved well

Tottenham 2-1 Man.Utd S.Heung-Min 18, S.Berahino 54 / A.Herrera 27

D.De Gea, K.Walker, K.Gibbs (M.Darmian), M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo (L.Shaw), J.Mata, M.Fellaini, R.Morrison (A.Young), A.Herrera, H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt)

February 6th:

Leicester (H) (25/38)

Another poor performance saw us struggling to get going. Leicester weren't much better in truth and on the 34th minute we had our first effort as M.Rashford curled the ball towards goal and the ball went in for a goal. The rest of the half was pretty dire with little action

Half Time Score 1-0

The second half wasn't much better with some real dire play and we failed to register a single effort on goal. Leicester did have one place with a long range effort which as tipped round the post by D.De Gea. Not a great game for the fans

Man.Utd 1-0 Leicester M.Rashford 34

D.De Gea, K.Walker (M.Darmian), K.Gibbs (L.Shaw), M.Rojo, Y.Nagatomo, J.Mata, M.Rashford (A.Martial), R.Morrison, A.Herrera, H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt)

Archived