This is England FM15 (An International Story)

mark wilson27

8th July 2014: After Roy Hodgson stepped down earlier in the summer the FA have been looking for a replacement. However all the big names didn't want to take over the Three Lions so they chose their last resort. That someone is me

After the usual BS meetings I have been able to get down to the nitty gritty of International management. We are currently ranked 20th in the World which for a team like ours is crap. Lets hope a good run in Euro 2016 can help us move up the ranking and get at least into the top ten.

We are qualifying Group E alongside Estonia, Lithuania, San Marino, Slovenia and Switzerland. By rights we should easily walk this group with Switzerland posing the only real threat

2014 Preliminary fixtures:

3/9/14: Bolivia (H) Friendly

9/9/14: Lithuania (A) Euro Qual

10/10/14: Estonia (H) Euro Qual

13/10/14: San Marino (A) Euro Qual

16/11/14: Switzerland (H) Euro Qual

World Rankings:

England 20th

Scotland 27th

Rep.Ireland 70th

Northern Ireland 91st

Wales 44th

July 21st: I have been informed that Steven Gerrard has decided to retire from International football after 114 caps and 21 goals

July 26th: Frank Lampard has also decided to call it a day on the International front after winning 106 caps and scoring 29 goals

August 27th: It was now time to pick my first squad for the friendly match against Bolivia and a Euro qualifier against Lithuania

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man.City Caps 43, Goals 0), John Ruddy (Norwich 1/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 2/0)

Defenders:

Glen Johnson (Liverpool 54/1), Chris Smalling (Man Utd 13/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 11/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 28/2), Steven Caulker (Q.P.R 1/1), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton 0/0), Leighton Baines (Everton 26/1)

Midfielders:

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton 2/0), Gareth Barry (Everton 53/3), Ashley Young (Man Utd 30/7), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool 7/0), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool 13/0), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa 0/0), Andros Townsend (Tottenham 5/1), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 15/3), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal 20/0)

Attackers:

Danny Welbeck (Arsenal 26/8), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 95/40), Peter Crouch (Stoke 42/22), Harry Kane (Tottenham 0/0)

September 2nd: I now had to decided who I would have as my Captain and Vice Captain. I have chosen Wayne Rooney as my Captain and Gary Cahill as my Vice Captain.

England U21's beat Austria 2-0 in a friendly with goals from R.Morrison and S.Berahino

England U19's lost 3-0 to France in a friendly

September 3rd: Bolivia (Wembley, London) Friendly

My first game in charge and on the 16th minute W.Rooney gave us the lead as he beat the offside trap and fired under the Bolivian keeper. Nine minutes later we were two goals up as R.Bertrand headed in an A.Young corner after H.Kane's initial effort was well saved. On the 33rd minute we had another chance to score as H.Kane headed just wide of the post from a R.Sterling cross. Just before the break though we nearly lost a goal as the Bolivian attack broke through the defence with too much ease but J.Hart saved well to deny them.

Half Time 2-0

I made one change at half time as J.Wilshere came on for A.Townsend. On the 58th minute I made another change as P.Jones replaced N.Clyne. Virtually straight after the change we added goal number three as H.Kane ran onto a R.Sterling through-ball and dinked the ball over the keeper. After the goal I made a number of changes as G.Johnson, J.Henderson, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain and D.Welbeck came on for S.Caulker, A.Young, F.Delph and H.Kane. We continued to press forward and on the 68th minute D.Welbeck hit a thunderous effort past the keeper from 20 yards. However after the goal we relaxed too much and on the 76th minute R.Peariel beat the offside trap with ease and fired under J.Hart. Luckily for us the Bolivians never really threatened after that

England 4 W.Rooney 16, R.Bertrand 25, H.Kane 59, D.Welbeck 68

Bolivia 1 R.Peariel 76

J.Hart, P.Jagielka, S.Caulker (59-G.Johnson), R.Bertrand, N.Clyne (58-P.Jones), A.Young (59-J.Henderson), A.Townsend (45-J.Wilshere), F.Delph (59-A.Oxlade-Chamberlain), R.Sterling, W.Rooney (capt), H.Kane (59-D.Welbeck)

Attendance: 73,990

September 4th: England U19's beat Serbia 2-0 with both goals being scored by D.Alli

September 8th: Australia have accepted a friendly invitation to play us at Wembley on November 12th. Other news sees England U21's beating Slovakia 2-0 with goals from S.Berahino and R.Morrison

September 9th: Lithuania (LFF Stadionas, Vilnius) Euro Qual Grp E (1/10)

Five minutes into my first competitive game the opposition scored as S.Mikoliunas diverted in an A.Young cross for an own goal. However some poor defending ten minutes later saw us conceding a silly goal as M.Kijanskas fired in after intercepting a poor pass by R.Bertrand. On the half hour we had the chance to retake the lead as W.Rooney headed a R.Sterling cross just wide of the post. Four minutes before the half time interval Lithuania came close as J.Hart spilt a cross but luckily for him S.Caulker was on hand to divert the shot over the crossbar.

Half Time Score 1-1

Six minutes into the half I made a change as A.Oxlade-Chamberlain came on for R.Sterling. Just after the hour mark we finally took the lead as H.Kane ran onto an A.Young through-ball and fired under the keeper. On the 68th minute we added another goal as W.Rooney unleashed a thunderous volley past the keeper from an A.Townsend cross. Straight after the goal I made another change as P.Jones came on for F.Delph, On the 75th minute I made my final change as G.Johnson came on for the impressive A.Young. Three minutes later we made sure of the game and an opening three points as H.Kane grabbed his second of the game with a well struck shot from the edge of the area

Lithuania 1 M.Kijanskas 15

England 5 S.Mikoliunas 5 og, H.Kane 62, 78, W.Rooney 68, G.Johnson 84

J.Hart, N.Clyne, S.Caulker, P.Jagielka, R.Bertrand, R.Sterling (51-A.Oxlade-Chamberlain), A.Townsend, F.Delph (68-P.Jones), A.Young (75-G.Johnson), W.Rooney (capt), H.Kane

Group E Results: Estonia 3-4 Switzerland, Slovenia 4-0 San Marino

September 17th:

World Rankings:

England 17th

Scotland 29th

Rep.Ireland 72nd

Northern Ireland 101st

Wales 45th

I've got an easy qualification group but with a low World Ranking it could cost us if we qualify. In truth anyone could do better than the Wally with the Brolly

October 1st: Its now time for me to choose the England squad for the double Euro Qualifying header against Estonia and San Marino

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City 45/0), John Ruddy (Norwich 1/0), Sam Johnstone (Preston 0/0)

Defenders:

Glen Johnson (Liverpool 56/2), Chris Smalling (Man Utd 13/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 13/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 30/2), Gary Cahill (30/2), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton 2/0), Leighton Baines (Everton 26/1), Luke Shaw (Man Utd 3/0)

Midfielders:

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton 4/1), Gareth Barry (Everton 53/3), Ashley Young (Man Utd 32/7), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool 9/0), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool 14/0), Andros Townsend (Tottenham 7/1), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 17/3), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal (21/0)

Attackers:

Danny Welbeck (Arsenal 27/9), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 97/42), Peter Crouch (Stoke 42/22), Harry Kane (Tottenham 2/3)

October 7th: The Under 19's faced Portugal in a friendly and drew 0-0 in a pretty dire game

October 9th: England U19's beat Serbia 2-1 in a friendly with T.Bishop and P.Roberts scoring and England U21's beat Sweden 2-1 with goals from J.Ibe and C.Woodrow

October 10th: Estonia (Wembley, London) Euro Qual Grp E (2/10)

Estonia never gave us any problems however it took till the 21st minute for us to have an effort on target as W.Rooney rattled the upright from 20 yards. Six minutes later we came close to opening the scoring as W.Rooney fed the ball to the feet of R.Sterling who somehow managed to fire wide of the post. With nine minutes remaining in the half we finally opened the scoring as J.Wilshere threaded the ball to the feet of H.Kane who wasted no time in lashing the ball past the outstretched arms of the goalie.

Half Time Score 1-0

We continued the dominance from the first half and on the 54th minute we had another chance to score as W.Rooney curled a free-kick just wide of the post after R.Sterling was brought down on the way too goal. Ten minutes later I made a change as J.Henderson came on for G.Barry. On the 75th minute I made another couple of changes as A.Young and D.Welbeck came on for R.Sterling and H.Kane. With five minutes remaining in the game W.Rooney killed the game off with a great half volley from a G.Johnson cross.

England 2 H.Kane 36, W.Rooney 85

Estonia 0

J.Hart, G.Johnson, G.Cahill, P.Jones, L.Baines, A.Townsend, G.Barry (64-J.Henderson), J.Wilshere, R.Sterling (75-A.Young), W.Rooney (capt), H.Kane (75-D.Welbeck)

Attendance: 87276

Position: 1st

Group E Results: San Marino 0-2 Lithuania, Switzerland 5-1 Slovenia

October 13th: San Marino (San Marino Stadium, Serrandine) Euro Qual Grp 9 (3/10)

Two minutes into the game we took the lead as D.Welbeck barged his way into the area and slotted a G.Barry cross into the back of the net. On the 4th minute it was two nil as P.Crouch headed in a J.Wilshere cross. We were all over San Marino and on the 15th minute we had another chance to score as L.Baines headed into the keepers arms from a J.Wilshere corner. On the half hour though we nearly let San Marino back in the game as a poor pass by P.Jones was intercepted but J.Hart was on hand to block the effort.

Half Time Score 0-2

Eleven minutes into the game I made a change with J.Henderson coming on for G.Barry. On the 65th minute D.Welbeck came close with a rasping effort from outside the area but the keeper managed to tip the effort around the corner. Seven minutes later I made a double change as A.Young and W.Rooney came on for A.Townsend and P.Crouch. We carried on piling forward but for all our pressure we couldn't add any more goals to our tally

San Marino 0

England 2 D.Welbeck 2, P.Crouch 4

J.Hart, G.Johnson, G.Cahill (capt), P.Jones, L.Baines, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, G.Barry (56-J.Henderson), J.Wilshere, A.Townsend (72-A.Young), D.Welbeck, P.Crouch (72-W.Rooney)

Group E Results: Lithuania 1-3 Switzerland, Slovenia 4-3 Estonia

The Under 21's also played today as they drew 0-0 with Sweden to qualify for the Euro U21's Championship

October 15th:

World Rankings:

England 18th

Scotland 31st

Rep.Ireland 64th

Northern Ireland 79th

Wales 47th

November 6th: Its now time for me to choose the squad for the friendly against Australia and the Euro Qualifier against Switzerland

Goalkeepers:

John Ruddy (Norwich 1/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 2/0), Jack Butland (Stoke 1/0)

Defenders:

John Stones (Everton 2/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 15/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 30/2), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton 2/0), Leighton Baines (Everton 28/1)

Midfielders:

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton 4/1), Adam Lallana (Liverpool 9/0), James Milner (Man City 48/1), Ashley Young (Man Utd 34/7), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool 16/0), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa 2/0), Ross Barkley (Everton 9/0), Andros Townsend (Tottenham 9/1), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 18/3), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal 23/0)

Attackers:

Theo Walcott (Arsenal 36/5), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 99/43), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool 15/5) Andy Carroll (West Ham 9/2), Harry Kane (Tottenham (3/4)

Hi sonata, all I can presume is that the other teams have been facing better opposition. To be truthful I don't really take notice of the World Rankings

November 12th: Australia (Wembley, London) Friendly

We started the better and on the 15th minute we took the lead as W.Rooney fed the ball to the feet of F.Delph who lashed the ball past the keeper. Ten minutes later W.Rooney had the chance to score on his 100th game for England with a rasping effort which was tipped round the post by the keeper. It was one way traffic and on the 39th minute F.Delph had another chance with a brave header but the Australian keeper managed to save well.

Half Time Score 1-0

Six minutes into the half I made a double change with A.Carroll and R.Barkley coming on for T.Walcott and A.Lallana. On the 57th minute I made another change as L.Baines replaced N.Clyne. Eight minutes after the change we added a second goal as A.Carroll rose above the defence and headed in an A.Townsend cross. Straight after the goal I made a change as J.Wilshere came on for F.Delph. On the 70th minute I made my final changes as R.Bertrand and J.Milner came on for P.Jones and A.Oxlade-Chamberlain. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we had yet another chance as J.Wilshere fed the ball to the feet of W.Rooney and he lashed the ball wide of the post

England 2 F.Delph 15, A.Carroll 65

Australia 0

J.Ruddy, J.Stones, P.Jagielka, P.Jones (70-R.Bertrand), N.Clyne (57-L.Baines), A.Oxlade-Chamberlain (70-J.Milner), A.Lallana (51-R.Barkley), F.Delph (65-J.Wilshere), A.Townsend, T.Walcott (51-A.Carroll), W.Rooney (capt)

Booked: Jack Wilshere

Attendance: 73,985

World Rankings:

England 18th

Scotland 31st

Rep.Ireland 64th

Northern Ireland 78th

Wales 47th

November 13th: England U19's faced Poland and beat them 4-0 with two goals from P.Roberts and a goal a piece by S.Gallagher and D.Gray. England U21's also played as they beat Israel 3-0 with goals from S.Berahino, R.Morrison and B.Barker

November 16th: Switzerland (Wembley, London) Euro Qual Grp E (4/10)

Switzerland started the better and on the 12th minute they came close to scoring as they beat the offside trap but luckily for the defence J.Ruddy was on hand to block the effort. Eight minutes later they had another chance with a thunderous effort which was blocked on the line by P.Jones. On the 26th minute Switzerland finally scored as J.Djourou diverted a H.Kane effort into his own net for an own goal. Six minutes later Switzerland grabbed a second goal as H.Seferovic beat J.Stones to the ball and fired under J.Ruddy to make it 1-1. On the stroke of half time we finally had our first chance as T.Walcott jinked into the area and fired towards goal but the Swiss keeper tipped it around the post

Half Time Score 1-1

I made a double change at half time with L.Baines and J.Henderson coming on for N.Clyne and A.Lallana. Seven minutes into the half I made another change as A.Young came on for A.Townsend. Just after the hour mark we had another chance to score as W.Rooney beat the offside trap but was denied by a brilliant save by the keeper. On the 75th minute H.Kane played a great one two with W.Rooney but the final effort went wide of the post when it was easier to score.

England 1 J.Djourou 26 og

Switzerland 1 H.Seferovic 32

J.Ruddy, J.Stones, P.Jagielka, P.Jones, N.Clyne (45-L.Baines), T.Walcott, A.Lallana (45-J.Henderson), F.Delph, A.Townsend (52-A.Young), H.Kane, W.Rooney (capt)

Booked: H.Kane

Attendance: 90,000

Position: 2nd

Group E Results: Lithuania 1-1 Slovenia, San Marino 0-2 Estonia

November 17th: England U 21's faced Northern Ireland and beat them 3-2 with two goals from J.Wilson and J.Murphy

December 17th:

World Rankings:

England 16th

Scotland 31st

Rep.Ireland 69th

Northern Ireland 87th

Wales 44th

January 1st 2015: A new starts and here is my England teams provisional schedule for the following year:-

29/3/15: Slovenia (H) Euro Qual

10/6/15: Argentina (H) Friendly

14/6/15: Lithuania (H) Euro Qual

5/9/15: Estonia (A) Euro Qual

8/9/15: Slovenia (A) Euro Qual

10/10/15: San Marino (H) Euro Qual

13/10/15: Switzerland (A) Euro Qual

January 14th:

World Rankings:

England 16th

Scotland 31st

Rep.Ireland 71st

Northern Ireland 85th

Wales 44th

February 18th:

World Rankings:

England 16th

Scotland 32nd

Rep.Ireland 71st

Northern Ireland 87th

Wales 48th

March 18th:

World Rankings:

England 16th

Scotland 32nd

Rep.Ireland 71st

Northern Ireland 87th

Wales 48th

March 20th: Its now time for me to decide who is going to be in the squad for the Euro Qualifier against Slovenia

Goalkeepers:

Robert Green (Q.P.R 12/0), Joe Hart (Man City 47/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 2/0)

Defenders:

John Stones (Everton 4/0), Chris Smalling (Man Utd (13/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham (17/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 32/2), Gary Cahill (Chelsea 28/3), Luke Shaw (Man Utd 3/0)

Midfielders:

Gareth Barry (Everton 55/3), Adam Lallana (Liverpool 11/0), James Milner (Man City 49/1), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool 10/0), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool 17/0), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa (4/1), Aaron Lennon (Everton 21/0), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 19/3)

Attackers:

Theo Walcott (Arsenal 38/5), Saido Berahino (West Brom 0/0), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal 29/10), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 101/43), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool 15/5), Harry Kane (Tottenham 4/4)

March 26th: England U21's faced Austria and beat them 2-1 with goals from J.Murphy and L.Garbutt. England U19's also played and lost 1-0 against Portugal

March 29th: Slovenia (Wembley, London) Euro Qual Grp E (5/10)

A minute into the game we took the lead as W.Rooney beat the offside trap to run onto a J.Henderson through-ball and fired with pace past the keeper. On the 12th minute it was 2-0 as J.Milner headed in a R.Sterling cross. It was getting too easy and on the 28th minute we had another chance as F.Delph played the ball to the feet of H.Kane who dinked the ball just over the crossbar. With seven minutes remaining in the half W.Rooney picked up an injury and was replaced by D.Sturridge. On the stroke of half time Slovenia pulled a goal back as C.Smalling failed to deal with a simple ball and R.Beric fired in past J.Hart.

Half Time Score 2-1

A minute into the half we regained our two goal cushion as F.Delph headed the ball on to J.Milner who fired in his second of the game. On the 55th minute though some poor defending saw N.Omladic tapping in past J.Hart. Six minutes later I made a change as A.Oxlade-Chamberlain came on for R.Sterling. On the 67th minute we regained our two goal cushion again as H.Kane ran into the area unmarked and slotted home a J.Henderson cross. After the goal I made a change as D.Welbeck replaced the goal scorer H.Kane. We were dominating the game and with a minute remaining in the game A.Oxlade-Chamberlain added our fifth goal with a fine strike from 25 yards which gave the keeper no chance of saving

England 5 W.Rooney 1, J.Milner 12, 46, H.Kane 67, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain 89

Slovenia 2 R.Beric 45+1, N.Omladic 55

J.Hart, J.Stones, P.Jagielka, G.Cahill, C.Smalling, J.Milner, J.Henderson, F.Delph, R.Sterling (61-A.Oxlade-Chamberlain), W.Rooney (capt) (inj 38-D.Sturridge), H.Kane (67-D.Welbeck)

Attendance: 88,145

Group E Results: Estonia 1-2 Lithuania, Switzerland 8-0 San Marino

March 30th: England U21's lost 3-0 against Germany and England U19's drew 1-1 with Bulgaria with I.Brown scoring

April 15th:

World Rankings:

England 15th

Scotland 31st

Rep.Ireland 72nd

Northern Ireland 81st

Wales 44th

May 13th:

World Rankings:

England 15th

Scotland 31st

Rep.Ireland 72nd

Northern Ireland 81st

Wales 44th

2014/15 Review:

Premier League: Manchester City 83pts, Manchester United 80pts, Chelsea 75pts

FA Cup: Manchester United 3-2 Southampton

Capital One Cup: Cardiff 1-0 Chelsea

Community Shield: Manchester City 3-0 Arsenal

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Portsmouth 3-1 Notts Co

FA Trophy: Bristol Rovers 2-1 Wrexham

European Champions Cup: Real Madrid (ESP) 4-1 Chelsea (ENG)

Europa Cup: Leverkusen (GER) 4-0 Inter (ITA)

European Super Cup: Sevilla (ESP) 2-1 Real Madrid (ESP)

Club World Championship: San Lorenzo (ARG) 2-0 Cruz Azul (MEX)

May 31st: The Under 21's faced Holland in a friendly and lost 2-1 with D.Alli grabbing the only goal we scored

June 1st: Its now time to choose the squad for the forthcoming friendly against Argentina and Euro Qualifier against Lithuania

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City 48/0), John Ruddy (Norwich 3/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 2/0)

Defenders:

John Stones (Everton 5/0), Chris Smalling (Man Utd 14/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 17/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 33/2), Gary Cahill (Chelsea 29/3), Steven Caulker (Q.P.R 3/1), Kyle Walker (Tottenham 10/0), Leighton Baines (Everton 30/1)

Midfielders:

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton 5/1), Gareth Barry (Everton 55/3), James Milner (Man City 50/3), Ashley Young (Man Utd 35/7), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool 11/0), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool 18/0), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 20/4), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal 24/0)

Attackers:

Theo Walcott (Arsenal 38/5), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 102/44), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool 16/5) Harry Kane (Tottenham 5/5)

June 4th: The Under 21's faced the Czech Republic and managed a 1-1 draw with C.Woodrow grabbing the goal

June 7th: The Under 21's again faced the Czech Republic and this time they thrashed them 6-1 with C.Woodrow grabbing two goals and the rest coming from N.Redmond, B.Gibson, D.Alli and M.Clayton

June 9th: The Under 19's faced Denmark in a friendly and drew 1-1 with J.Whatmough scoring the goal

June 10th: Argentina (Wembley, London) Friendly

We got off to a storming start as within eight minutes we had taken the lead with J.Milner hitting home from the corner of the area. However on the 20th minute a poor clearance by C.Smalling saw J.Hart beaten at his near post by E.Lamela. Four minutes later we retook the lead as W.Rooney ran onto a R.Sterling through-ball and rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net. We were looking in control of the half now and with seven minutes remaining in the half H.Kane headed in a R.Sterling cross to beat the Argentinian keeper with ease.

Half Time Score 3-1

Three minutes into the half we added another goal as G.Cahill headed in from another great cross by R.Sterling. Just before the hour I made a number of changes with J.Stones, T.Walcott and D.Sturridge coming on for C.Smalling, G.Barry and H.Kane. On the 64th minute I made my last changes with P.Jones, R.Bertrand and J.Henderson coming on for G.Cahill, L.Baines and J.Milner. Ten minutes later we had our next chance with A.Oxlade-Chamberlain rattling the upright from just inside the area. We continued to press forward and with three minutes remaining in the game we added our fifth goal as D.Sturridge ran onto a R.Sterling through-ball and slotted in under the keeper

England 5 J.Milner 8, W.Rooney 24, H.Kane 38, G.Cahill 48, D.Sturridge 87

Argentina 1 E.Lamela 20

J.Hart, C.Smalling (59-J.Stones), P.Jagielka, G.Cahill (64-P.Jones), L.Baines (64-R.Bertrand), J.Milner (64-J.Henderson), A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, G.Barry (59-T.Walcott), R.Sterling, W.Rooney (capt), H.Kane (59-D.Sturridge)

Booked: P.Jones

Attendance: 84,975

June 11th: The Under 19's faced South Korea in a friendly and beat them 2-0 with goals from J.Sinclair and D.Gray

June 14th: Lithuania (Wembley, London) Euro Qual Grp E (6/10)

We wasted no time in carrying on from the previous game as within a minute W.Rooney had given us the lead with a thunderous effort from 25 yards. On the 5th minute he added another goal with a simple tap in after the defence failed to deal with a simple J.Milner cross. We continued to press forward and on the 22nd minute we were three goals up as H.Kane scored with a brilliant header from W.Rooney's dinked cross. Lithuania just weren't up for it and just before the break we should have added another goal but H.Kane missed from close range when it was easier to score

Half Time Score 3-0

Eleven minutes into the half I made my first change as T.Walcott came on for G.Barry. On the 62nd minute I made another couple of changes with J.Stones and D.Sturridge coming on for C.Smalling and H.Kane. Four minutes after the change we added another goal as G.Cahill headed in from a R.Sterling cross after running into the area unmarked. On the 69th minute P.Jagielka also headed in from a corner after W.Rooney's initial effort was brilliantly saved. Eight minutes later it was another goal as D.Sturridge played a great one two with W.Rooney and fired with power past the keeper. With five minutes remaining in the game D.Sturridge added his second and our seventh as he barged through the defence with ball and slotted in under the keeper. We weren't finished their though as deep into injury time W.Rooney completed his hat-trick with a great effort from outside the area

England 8 W.Rooney 1, 5, 90+3, H.Kane 22, G.Cahill 66, P.Jagielka 69, D.Sturridge 77, 85

Lithuania 0

J.Hart, C.Smalling (62-J.Stones), P.Jagielka, G.Cahill, L.Baines, J.Milner, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, G.Barry (56-T.Walcott), R.Sterling, W.Rooney (capt), H.Kane (62-D.Sturridge)

Attendance: 87,754

Group E Results: San Marino 0-6 Slovenia, Switzerland 0-0 Estonia

The Under 21's managed a 0-0 draw against Spain in the Euro U21 Grp Stage

June 17th: England U21's beat Denmark 1-0 in the Euro U21 Grp stage with the goal from T.Ince

June 20th: The Under 21's drew 0-0 with France to qualify for the Euro U21 Semi Finals

June 24th: The Under 21's drew 0-0 with Italy in the Euro U21 Semi Final and went through after a 6-5 penalty win

June 28th: England U21's have lost in the Euro U21's Final 2-1 to Spain with P.Bamford scoring the goalkeepers

July 18th: World Rankings:

England 12th

Scotland 28th

Rep.Ireland 85th

Northern Ireland 72nd

Wales 51st

July 24th: The draw for the World Cup 2018 Qualification stage are about to take place, but first lets look at the seedings:

1st Seeds: Belgium, Croatia, ENGLAND, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine

2nd Seeds: Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Denmark, France, Greece, Portugal, Romania, SCOTLAND, Serbia

3rd Seeds: Armenia, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Iceland, Norway, Slovakia, Sweden, Turkey

4th Seeds: Albania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Israel, Montenegro, NORTHERN IRELAND, Poland, Slovenia, WALES

5th Seeds: Cyprus, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Georgia, REPUBLIC IRELAND, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova

6th Seeds: Andorra, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, San Marino

The Groups are as follows:-

Group 1: Germany, REPUBLIC IRELAND, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal

Group 2: Andorra, Croatia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Montenegro, Romania

Group 3: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Malta, Switzerland

Group 4: Albania, Austria, Faroe Islands, FYR Macedonia, Italy, Slovakia

Group 5: Armenia, Greece, Latvia, San Marino, Spain, WALES

Group 6: Belgium, France, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Slovenia, Turkey

Group 7: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Holland, Hungary

Group 8: ENGLAND, Moldova, NORTHERN IRELAND, Serbia, Sweden

Group 9: Estonia, Iceland, Israel, SCOTLAND, Ukraine

August 11th: The Under 21's faced Wales in a Euro Qualifier and beat them 3-0 with goals from D.Alli, L.Shaw and J.Sinclair

August 12th:

World Rankings:

England 11th

Scotland 27th

Rep.Ireland 86th

Northern Ireland 72nd

Wales 52nd

August 26th: Its now time to choose the squad for the Euro Qualifying double header against Estonia and Slovenia

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City 50/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 2/0), Jack Butland (Stoke 1/0)

Defenders:

John Stones (Everton 7/0), Chris Smalling (Man Utd 16/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 18/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 35/3), Gary Cahill (Chelsea 31/5), Steven Caulker (Q.P.R 3/1), Kyle Walker (Tottenham 10/0), Leighton Baines (Everton 32/1)

Midfielders:

Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal 3/0), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton 6/1), Gareth Barry (Everton 57/3), James Milner (Man City 52/4), Ashley Young (Man Utd 35/7), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool 13/0), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa (5/1), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 22/4), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal 24/0)

Attackers:

Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 104/48), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool 18/8) Harry Kane (Tottenham 7/7)

September 1st: England Under 21's beat Denmark 2-0 with goals from C.Woodrow and J.Wilson and the Under 19's lost 2-1 to France with R.Seager scoring the only goal.

September 2nd: Injury news S.Caulker injured and is out of the squad, I have decided not to call up a replacement

September 3rd: The Under 19's beat Poland in a friendly with goals from R.Seager and J.Hesketh

September 4th: Wayne Rooney has caught man flu and will be out of squad, its too late to call up a replacement in my opinion

I know what you mean mate but for £300,000 per week I'd play through it

September 5th: Estonia (Lillekula Stadium, Tallin) Euro Qual Grp E (7/10)

Three minutes into the game we took the lead as H.Kane ran onto an A.Young through-ball and fired under the keeper. On the 7th minute it was two nil with D.Sturridge heading in from a R.Sterling cross. Estonia weren't getting close to the ball and on the 22nd minute D.Sturridge grabbed a second goal with a low shot past the keeper. However seven minutes later Estonia pulled a goal back as H.Anier capitalised on an error by P.Jagielka to fired under J.Hart. On the half hour I was forced into a change as G.Barry pulled up on a run and was replaced by J.Milner.

Half Time Score 1-3

The second half was three minutes old when A.Oxlade-Chamberlain barged into the area and fired a R.Sterling cross past the keeper. Just after the hour I made my second change as J.Wilshere replaced A.Young. On the 72nd minute I made my final change as J.Stones came on for K.Walker. With six minutes remaining in the game we had the chance to add a fifth goal but H.Kane failed to slot home in front of the net

Estonia 1 H.Anier 29

England 4 H.Kane 3, D.Sturridge 7, 22, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain 48

J.Hart, K.Walker (72-J.Stones), P.Jagielka, G.Cahill (capt), R.Bertrand, A.Young (61-J.Wilshere), A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, G.Barry (inj 30-J.Milner), R.Sterling, D.Sturridge, H.Kane

Booked: P.Jagielka, J.Milner

Group E Results: Lithuania 4-0 San Marino, Slovenia 2-3 Switzerland

September 7th: England Under 21's thrashed San Marino 10-0 with four goals from J.Wilson, a hat-trick from J.Ward-Prowse, two goals from J.Ibe and a single goal from N.Chalobah

September 8th: Slovenia (Sportini Park Stozice, Ljubijan) Euro Qual Grp E (8/10)

Six minutes into the game we took the lead as A.Young beat the defence to a loose ball and fired past the keeper. On the 19th minute we had another chance as H.Kane ran onto a F.Delph through-ball but his effort went just wide of the post. Five minutes later we were two goals up as A.Young fired in a free-kick from 20 yards after D.Sturridge was brought down just outside the area. On the 29th minute D.Sturridge added our third goal as he beat the offside trap and dinked the ball over the keeper. It was getting too easy for us and with six minutes remaining in the half H.Kane headed in an A.Young cross.

Half Time Score 0-4

Seven minutes into the half Slovenia pulled a goal back as C.Cvijanovic beat G.Cahill to a loose ball and fired with power past J.Hart. On the 57th minute Slovenia added another goal as R.Buric finished a great team move to send the home fans wild. Straight from kick off though I was forced into a change as J.Milner came on for the injured H.Kane. We finally started to pull our fingers out and on the 67th minute A.Young completed his hat-trick with a powerful effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Straight after the goal I made a change with J.Wilshere coming on for A.Young who got a standing ovation by the few England fans. On the 73rd minute I made another change with J.Stones coming on for K.Walker. Ten minutes later we had our final chance of the game as J.Milner tried his luck from outside the area but the Slovenian keeper pulled off a great save to deny him

Slovenia 2 C.Cvijanovic 52, R.Buric 57

England 5 A.Young 6, 24, 67, D.Sturridge 29, H.Kane 39

J.Hart, K.Walker (73-J.Stones), P.Jagielka, G.Cahill (capt), L.Baines, A.Young (67-J.Wilshere), A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, F.Delph, R.Sterling, D.Sturridge, H.Kane (inj 58-J.Milner)

Group E Results: Lithuania 3-4 Estonia, San Marino 0-2 Switzerland

With the win we have qualified for Euro 2016

September 16:

World Rankings:

England 8th

Scotland 34th

Rep.Ireland 68th

Northern Ireland 69th

Wales 63rd

October 2nd: Its now time to choose the squad for the final two Euro Qualifiers against San Marino and Switzerland

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City 52/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 2/0), Jack Butland (Stoke 1/0)

Defenders:

John Stones (Everton (9/0), Chris Smalling (Man Utd 16/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 18/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 37/3), Gary Cahill (Chelsea 33/5), Steven Caulker (Q.P.R 3/1), Kyle Walker (Tottenham 12/0), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton 4/0), Leighton Baines (Everton 33/1), Aaron Cresswell (West Ham 0/0)

Midfielders:

Gareth Barry (Everton 58/3), Jay Rodriguez (Huddersfield 1/0), Ashley Young (Man Utd 37/10), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool 15/0), Raven Morrison (Sassuolo 0/0), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 24/5)

Attackers:

Theo Walcott (Arsenal 40/5), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal 30/10), Rickie Lambert (Liverpool 7/3), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 104/48)

October 8th: England U21's beat Lithuania 4-1 with goals from J.Ward-Prowse, J.Onomah, N.Redmond and an own goal. The Under 19's beat Israel with goals from M.Alderton, J.Hesketh, B.Barker and P.Roberts

October 10th: San Marino (Wembley, London) Euro Qual Grp E (9/10)

We got off to a cracking start as on the 2nd minute A.Young ran in from the wing and fired past the keeper. Five minutes later we added another goal as T.Walcott rose above the defence and headed in an A.Young cross. We were all over San Marino and on the 16th minute D.Welbeck hit a thunderous effort from outside the area which gave the keeper no chance to save. Seven minutes later we added another goal as A.Young jinked into the area unmarked with ball and fired past the keeper. San Marino never got close to the ball and just before the half time interval we had the chance to add another goal but D.Welbeck failed to slot home an A.Young cross into the empty net

Half Time Score 4-0

The second half was only four minute old when T.Walcott grabbed his second of the game with a curling effort which gave the keeper little chance of saving. On the hour mark I made a double change as L.Baines and R.Lambert came on for A.Cresswell and D.Welbeck. On the 65th minute J.Stones came on for S.Caulker. We carried on dominating the game and on the 85th minute we added goal number six with J.Stones rising above the defence to head in a T.Walcott cross

England 6 A.Young 2, 23, T.Walcott 7, 49, D.Welbeck 16, J.Stones 85

San Marino 0

J.Butland, N.Clyne, G.Cahill, S.Caulker (65-J.Stones), A.Cresswell (60-L.Baines), R.Morrison, G.Barry, A.Young, T.Walcott, W.Rooney (capt), D.Welbeck (60-R.Lambert)

Attendance: 86,059

Position: 1st (Qual)

Group E Results: Estonia 0-1 Slovenia, Switzerland 3-1 Lithuania

October 12th: The Under 21's played Wales and beat them 2-0 with goals from Z.Clough and J.Ibe. The Under 19's faced Northern Ireland and beat them 2-1 with goals from J.Sinclair and G.Cooper

October 13th: Switzerland (Stade de Swiss,Wankdorf Bern) Euro Qual Grp E (10/10)

Seven minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as D.Welbeck barged into the area and fired under the onrushing keeper. Soon after we had another chance as A.Young crossed into the area but G.Barry headed wide of the post. We were all over the Swiss and on the half hour we came close with a powerful effort from W.Rooney which rattled the upright. With six minutes remaining in the half we doubled the lead as D.Welbeck ran into the area unmarked and slotted home a R.Morrison cross.

Half Time Score 0-2

The second half was alittle slower for us as we seemed to relax alittle. On the hour mark Switzerland came close with a low effort which was tipped round the post by J.Butland. On the 66th minute I made my first change as R.Sterling came on for A.Young. Six minutes later L.Baines came on for A.Cresswell. With eleven minutes remaining in the game Switzerland pulled a goal back as J.Drmic fired in past J.Butland who was alittle slow to react. After the goal I made my final change as R.Lambert came on for D.Welbeck. Deep into injury time W.Rooney fired in from a R.Morrison cross to equal Bobby Charlton's record of 49 England goals

Switzerland 1 J.Drmic 79

England 3 D.Welbeck 7, 39, W.Rooney 90+1

J.Butland, N.Clyne, S.Caulker, G.Cahill, A.Cresswell (79-L.Baines), T.Walcott, R.Morrison, G.Barry, A.Young (66-R.Sterling), W.Rooney (capt), D.Welbeck (72-R.Lambert)

Booked: G.Barry

Position: 1st (Qual)

Group E Results: Estonia 2-0 San Marino, Slovenia 0-0 Lithuania

The FA have informed me that they are very happy with qualifying performance

The final qualifying tables are as follows:-

Group A: Holland, Czech Republic, Turkey, Latvia, Iceland, Kazakhstan

Group B: Belgium, Israel,[/b] Bosnia & Herz (PO), Cyprus, Wales, Andorra

Group C: Ukraine, Spain, Slovakia (PO), Belarus, FYR Macedonia, Luxembourg

Group D: Germany, Scotland, Rep Ireland (PO), Poland, Georgia, Gibraltar

Group E: England, Switzerland, Slovenia (PO), Lithuania, Estonia, San Marino

Group F: Romania, Greece, Finland (PO), Hungary, Northern Ireland, Faroe Islands

Group G: Austria, Russia, Montenegro (PO), Sweden, Moldova, Liechtenstein

Group H: Italy, Croatia, Norway (PO), Bulgaria, Malta, Azerbaijan

Group I: Denmark, Serbia, Portugal (PO), Albania, Armenia

Euro 2016 Play-off Draw:

Slovakia v Finland, Slovenia v Bosnia & Herz, Montenegro v Portugal, Republic Ireland v Norway

October 14th:

World Rankings:

England 5th

Scotland 32nd

Rep.Ireland 59th

Northern Ireland 76th

Wales 45th

November 5th: Its now time to choose the squad for the forthcoming friendlies against Scotland and Gibraltar, the squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City 52/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 2/0), Jack Butland (Stoke 3/0)

Defenders:

John Stones (Everton 10/1), Chris Smalling (Man Utd 16/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 18/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 37/3), Gary Cahill (Chelsea 35/5), Kyle Walker (Tottenham 12/0), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton 6/0), Leighton Baines (Everton 35/1)

Midfielders:

Gareth Barry (Everton 60/3), Jay Rodriguez (Huddersfield 1/0), Ashley Young (Man Utd 39/12), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool 16/0), Ravel Morrison (Sassuolo 2/0), Ross Barkley (10/0)

Attackers:

Theo Walcott (Arsenal 42/7), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal 32/13), Rickie Lambert (Liverpool 9/3), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 106/49), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool 20/11), Harry Kane (Tottenham 9/9)

November 10th: Injury news sees C.Smalling injured and has been removed from the squad. I have decided not to replace him

November 11th: Scotland (Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen) Friendly

We got off to a great start and on the 15th minute H.Kane grabbed the lead with a low effort after running onto a R.Barkley through-ball. However six minutes later Scotland levelled the scores with S.Naismith curling in brilliantly from the edge of the area to beat F.Forster to the top corner. On the half hour we had our next chance as D.Sturridge hit a powerful shot towards goal but the Scottish keeper saved brilliantly.

Half Time Score 1-1

The second half was four minutes old when Scotland grabbed the lead as S.Naismith took the pee out of my defence and rifled in under the F.Forster. After the goal I made a couple of changes as P.Jones and T.Walcott came on for K.Walker and J.Rodriguez. On the hour mark I made another couple of changes with D.Welbeck and R.Lambert coming on for R.Barkley and A.Young. The changes seemed to work as we started to play some half decent football and on the 75th minute H.Kane headed in from a G.Barry cross to level the scores. Straight after the goal I made another couple of changes with G.Cahill and N.Clyne coming on for J.Stones and L.Baines.

Scotland 2 S.Naismith 21, 49

England 2 H.Kane 15, 75

F.Forster, K.Walker (50-P.Jones), P.Jagielka (capt), J.Stones (76-G.Cahill), L.Baines (76-N.Clyne), J.Rodriguez (50-T.Walcott), R.Barkley (60-D.Welbeck), G.Barry, A.Young (60-R.Lambert), D.Sturridge, H.Kane

November 12th: England U19's faced Russia and beat them 2-1 with goals from P.Roberts and I.Brown. The Under 21's faced Bosnia & Herz in a Euro Qualifier and beat them 2-0 with goals from N.Powell and J.Ibe

November 13th: Gibraltar (Wembley, London) Friendly

We started well and on the 18th minute we grabbed the lead as L.Baines headed in a T.Walcott corner after W.Rooney's initial effort was well saved. Ten minutes later we came close again as W.Rooney hit a thunderous effort just wide of the post. With eight minutes remaining in the half we added goal number two as J.Stones headed in from another corner. On the 43rd minute Gibraltar pulled a goal back as a poor clearance by J.Butland was volleyed back in style by R.Styche.

Half Time Score 2-1

I made one change at half time with R.Barkley coming on for T.Walcott. Three minutes into the half we added goal number three as R.Lambert half volleyed a J.Rodriguez cross past the keeper with ease. On the 54th minute I made a double change as R.Sterling and D.Sturridge came on for A.Young and R.Lambert. Five minutes later G.Cahill came on for R.Morrison. On the 62nd minute we had the chance to add another goal with W.Rooney rattling the upright from the edge of the area after the defence failed to get close to him. Three minutes later I made another double change as N.Clyne and D.Welbeck came on for J.Stones and J.Rodriguez. On the 75th minute Gibraltar pulled another goal back as K.Dechraoul took advantage of some poor defending to slot home under J.Butland. On the stroke of full time we added our final goal as D.Sturridge ran through the defence with ease and fired with pace past the keeper. However I was far from pleased with the performance in general

England 4 L.Baines 18, J.Stones 37, R.Lambert 48, D.Sturridge 90

Gibraltar 2 R.Styche 43, K.Dechraoul 75

Attendance: 65,753

J.Butland, P.Jones, P.Jagielka, J.Stones (65-N.Clyne), L.Baines, J.Rodriguez (65-D.Welbeck), T.Walcott (45-R.Barkley), R.Morrison (59-G.Cahill), A.Young (54-R.Sterling), W.Rooney (capt), R.Lambert (54-D.Sturridge)

The first leg of the Euro 2016 Play-off has taken place and the results are as follows:-

Rep Ireland 2-2 Norway

Montenegro 1-1 Portugal

Slovakia 2-3 Finland

Slovenia 2-3 Bosnia & Herz

November 16th: England Under 19's managed to draw 0-0 with Austria whilst the Under 21's beat Finland 2-0 in a friendly with D.Gray grabbing both goals

November 17th: The second leg of the Euro 2016 Play-off has taken place and the results and qualifiers are as follows;

Bosnia & Herz (3) 1-1 (2) Slovenia (Agg 4-3)

Finland (3) 1-0 (2) Slovakia (Agg 4-2)

Norway (2) 1-1 (2) Rep Ireland (Agg 3-3) Norway qualify on away goal rule

Portugal (1) 4-2 (1) Montenegro (Agg 5-3)

Highlighted teams qualified

November 18th:

World Rankings:

England 6th

Scotland 37th

Rep.Ireland 72nd

Northern Ireland 74th

Wales 53rd

December 11th: The draw for the Euro 2016 Group Stage has been drawn but first lets look at the seedings first

1st Seeds: England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain

2nd Seeds: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Switzerland, Ukraine

3rd Seeds: Czech Republic, Greece, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland

4th Seeds: Bosnia & Herz, Finland, Israel, Norway, Serbia, Turkey

So here's the actual draw:-

Group A: Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Norway

Group B: Belgium, Bosnia & Herz, Germany, Scotland

Group C: England, Greece, Serbia, Ukraine

Group D: Austria, Holland, Portugal, Turkey

Group E: Finland, Italy, Russia, Switzerland

Group F: Denmark, Israel, Romania, Spain

1st January 2016: The start of the year means its time to have a look at our provisional schedule for the forthcoming calender year

February 17th:

World Rankings:

England 6th

Scotland 33rd

Rep.Ireland 69th

Northern Ireland 70th

Wales 46th

March 2nd: England Under 21's faced Faroe Islands in a Euro Qualifier and beat them 3-1 with goals from C.Woodrow, J.Gomez and N.Redmond

March 16th:

World Rankings:

England 8th

Scotland 33rd

Rep.Ireland 61st

Northern Ireland 74th

Wales 53rd

March 18th: Its now time to chose the squad for the friendly against Germany

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City 52/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 3/0), Jack Butland (Stoke 4/0)

Defenders:

Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton 8/0), John Stones (Everton 12/2), Chris Smalling (Man Utd 16/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 20/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 39/3), Gary Cahill (Chelsea 37/5), Steven Caulker (Q.P.R 5/1), Kyle Walker (Tottenham 13/0), Leighton Baines (Everton 37/2), Aaron Cresswell (West Ham 2/0), Luke Shaw (Man Utd 3/0)

Midfielders:

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton 7/1), Ashley Young (Man Utd 41/12), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool 17/0), Ross Barkley (Everton 12/0), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 44/7)

Attackers:

Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 107/49), Theo Walcott (Arsenal 44/7), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool 22/12), Harry Kane (Tottenham 10/11)

March 19th: Injury news sees F.Forster picking up an injury, I have replaced him with B.Foster

Mach 24th: The Under 21's faced a friendly with Spain and beat them 2-0 with goals from I.Brown and J.Onomah. Also the Under 19's faced Iran and beat them 3-2 with goals from J.Vann, R.Ledson and A.Maitland-Niles

March 25th: Germany (Wembley, London) Friendly

During the warm up D.Sturridge pulled his hamstring and will take no part in the game.

We started the better and it wasn't long till we had the first chance as A.Oxlade-Chamberlain headed a R.Sterling cross just wide of the post. On the 21st minute Germany had the chance to take the lead as as their striker beat S.Caulker to a loose ball and fired towards goal but J.Hart was on hand to block the shot. Ten minutes later it was our turn to come close as W.Rooney rattled the upright from outside the area. A minute before the half time interval I was forced into a change as R.Barkley picked up an injury and was replaced by P.Jones

Half Time Score 0-0

Eight minutes into the half I made another change as T.Walcott came on for H.Kane. On the hour mark Germany had their next chance with a low effort which was diverted wide of the post by G.Cahill, from the resulting corner J.Hart saved well. On the 63rd minute I made another change with L.Baines coming on for A.Young. Six minutes later J.Stones came on for N.Clyne. On the 75th minute we had another chance to score as T.Walcott played a one two with W.Rooney but his final effort was pretty tame and went out for a goal kick. I made another two changes straight away with P.Jagielka and R.Bertrand coming on for G.Cahill and L.Shaw. With three minutes left in the game Germany came close with a curling free-kick which was brilliantly saved by J.Hart

England 0

Germany 0

J.Hart, N.Clyne (69-J.Stones), G.Cahill (76-P.Jagielka), S.Caulker, L.Shaw (76-R.Bertrand), A.Young (63-L.Baines), A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, R.Barkley (inj 44-P.Jones), R.Sterling, H.Kane (53-T.Walcott), W.Rooney (capt)

Attendance: 90,000

April 13th:

World Rankings:

England 9th

Scotland 37th

Rep.Ireland 65th

Northern Ireland 83rd

Wales 47th

April 15th: The odds by SkyBet for Euro 2016 have been given out and are as follows:-

Spain 5-2 Fav, Germany 3-1, Italy 8-1, France 9-1, Holland/Belgium 11-1, England 14-1

May 11th: Its now time for me to choose the 30 man preliminary squad for Euro 2016, the squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City 53/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 3/0), Sam Johnstone (Newcastle 0/0), Jack Butland (Stoke 4/0)

Defenders:

John Flanagan (Crystal Palace (1/0), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton 9/0), John Stones (Everton 13/2), Chris Smalling (Man Utd 16/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 21/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 40/3), Gary Cahill (Chelsea 38/5), Steven Caulker (Q.P.R 6/1), Kyle Walker (Tottenham 13/0), Leighton Baines (Everton 38/2), Aaron Cresswell (West Ham 2/0), Luke Shaw (Man Utd 3/0)

Midfielders:

Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal 3/0), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton 8/1), Gareth Barry (Everton 61/3), James Milner (Man City 54/4), Ashley Young (Man Utd 42/12), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool (18/0), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool 19/0), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa (6/1), Ross Barkley (Everton 13/0), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 25/5)

Attackers:

Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 108/49), Theo Walcott (Arsenal 45/7), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool 22/12), Harry Kane (Tottenham 11/11)

May 18th:

World Rankings:

England 9th

Scotland 37th

Rep.Ireland 65th

Northern Ireland 83rd

Wales 47th

May 23rd: I have to now remove seven players from my 30 man squad, after watching them train in the last few days I have made my mind up and the new England squad for Euro 2016 is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Man City 53/0), Fraser Forster (Southampton 3/0), Jack Butland (Stoke 4/0)

Defenders:

John Stones (Everton 13/2), Chris Smalling (Man Utd 16/0), Phil Jones (Tottenham 21/0), Phil Jagielka (Everton 40/3), Gary Cahill (Chelsea 38/5), Steven Caulker (Q.P.R 6/1), Leighton Baines (Everton 38/2), Aaron Cresswell (West Ham 2/0), Luke Shaw (Man Utd 3/0)

Midfielders:

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton 8/1), Gareth Barry (Everton 61/3), Ashley Young (Man Utd 42/12), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool (18/0), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool 19/0), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa (6/1), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal 25/5)

Attackers:

Wayne Rooney (Man Utd 108/49), Theo Walcott (Arsenal 45/7), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool 22/12), Harry Kane (Tottenham 11/11)

May 25th: USBCO (Stade Dela Liberation, Boulogne-Sur-Mer), Friendly

We opened the scoring within a minute as R.Sterling crossed into the area and H.Kane headed past the keeper with ease. However on the 10th minute USBCO levelled the scores as some poor defending in general saw L.Chevalier slot home past J.Butland. Eight minutes later we had our next chance as W.Rooney rattled the upright from 20 yards after running onto a F.Delph pass. We were beginning to control the game and on the 31st minute we retook the lead as H.Kane tapped in from close range after some poor keeping by the home side.

Half Time Score 1-2

We started the second half strongly and on the 54th minute we had the chance to extend our lead as R.Sterling showed great pace to beat the defence but his effort was pretty poor. Eight minutes later W.Rooney had a goal ruled out for offside after he was adjudged to have mistimed his run onto an A.Oxlade-Chamberlain pass. On the 73rd minute I made a change as J.Henderson came on for G.Barry. However J.Henderson's first touch led to USBCO equalising as A.Mercier ran onto the loose ball and fired under J.Butland. Straight after the goal I made a number of changes as J.Stones, P.Jones, G.Cahill and L.Baines came on for P.Jagielka, S.Caulker, A.Cresswell and F.Delph. With nine minutes left in the game I brought on J.Hart for J.Butland. On the 86th minute the winning goal was scored as A.Oxlade-Chamberlain ran in from the wing and unleashed a great effort into the top corner of the net

USBCO 2 L.Chevalier 10, A.Mercier 75

England 3 H.Kane 1, 31, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain 86

J.Butland (81-J.Hart), C.Smalling, P.Jagielka (76-J.Stones), S.Caulker (76-P.Jones), A.Cresswell (76-G.Cahill), A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, G.Barry (73-J.Henderson), F.Delph (76-L.Baines), R.Sterling, W.Rooney (capt), H.Kane

May 28th: Ghana (Wembley, London) Friendly

We dominated the game as expected and on the 13th minute we had the first chance of the game as A.Oxlade-Chamberlain curled the ball from outside the area towards goal but the Ghana keeper saved well to deny him. Ten minutes later we opened the scoring as W.Rooney headed in an A.Young cross to become England's all time top scorer. With eight minutes remaining in the half D.Sturridge added another goal with a well struck effort from ten yards after the ball wasn't cleared by the Ghana defence.

Half Time Score 2-0

Eleven minutes into the half I made a change as G.Cahill came on for F.Delph. On the hour Ghana pulled a goal back as K.Nsar jinked through the defence with ease and fired under the keeper. On the 63rd minute G.Barry came on for P.Jones. Three minutes later Ghana were reduced to ten men after E.Badi received a second yellow card followed by the red from the resulting free-kick A.Oxlade-Chamberlain scored after beating the keeper to the top corner. I made a number of changes after the goal as L.Baines, R.Sterling and T.Walcott came on for L.Shaw, J.Henderson and A.Young. On the 71st minute D.Sturridge was replaced by H.Kane. We had one final chance on the 87th minute as W.Rooney hit a powerful effort from outside the area which rattled the upright

England 3 W.Rooney 23, D.Sturridge 37, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain 67

Ghana 1 K.Nsar 60

F.Forster, J.Stones, P.Jones (63-G.Barry), S.Caulker, L.Shaw (67-L.Baines), A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, J.Henderson (67-R.Sterling), F.Delph (56-G.Cahill), A.Young (67-T.Walcott), W.Rooney (capt), D.Sturridge (71-H.Kane)

Attendance: 73,976

May 31st: Wales (Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff) Friendly

Four minutes into the game we grabbed a goal as S.Caulker diverted a Welsh cross into his own net much to the delight of the home fans. However twelve minutes later the Welsh fans were silenced as D.Sturridge beat the offside trap and fired under the body of the keeper. On the 23rd minute we had another chance with F.Delph crossing into the area but H.Kane failed to connect with the ball. With ten minutes remaining in the half we grabbed the lead as T.Walcott showed some skill to beat his marker and unleash an effort into the top corner of the goal. Just before the break Wales had the chance to level as C.Smalling failed to deal with a simple ball but luckily for him F.Forster managed to block the effort

Half Time Score 1-2

Wales started the half the better and on the 54th minute S.Vokes levelled the scores with a fine effort which beat F.Forster to his far post. After the goal I made a few changes as L.Baines, P.Jagielka and W.Rooney came on for S.Caulker, L.Shaw and F.Delph. On the 61st minute I made another few changes with J.Hart, G.Cahill and G.Barry coming on for F.Forster, P.Jones and J.Henderson. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score as W.Rooney ran onto a T.Walcott through-ball and fired towards goal but the Welsh keeper saved brilliantly to deny him. With six minutes remaining in the game Wales should have won the game but the striker failed to convert a penalty after L.Baines brought him down in the area

Wales 2 S.Caulker 4 og, S.Vokes 54

England 2 D.Sturridge 16, T.Walcott 35

F.Forster (61-J.Hart), C.Smalling, P.Jones (capt) (61-G.Cahill), S.Caulker (55-L.Baines), L.Shaw (55-P.Jagielka), T.Walcott, J.Henderson (61-G.Barry), F.Delph (55-W.Rooney), A.Young, H.Kane, D.Sturridge

June 2nd: Italy (Wembley, London) Friendly

A dire start saw us a goal down within two minutes as M.Balotelli fired in under the keeper from just inside the area. On the 16th minute they had another chance with a thunderous effort which J.Butland saved brilliantly. Ten minutes later Italy came close again as they broke through my defence with far too much ease but J.Butland again saved the day. Just before the break we finally had our first chance as A.Young curled the ball towards the top corner but the Italian keeper managed to tip it over the crossbar.

Half Time Score 0-1

I made change at half time with R.Bertrand being replaced by J.Henderson. Six minutes I made some more changes with P.Jagielka, L.Baines and A.Oxlade-Chamberlain coming on for S.Caulker, A.Cresswell and H.Kane. On the 54th minute we had another chance with G.Barry hitting a thunderous effort towards goal but the ball clipped the outside of the post. Two minutes later G.Cahill came on for C.Smalling. On the 64th minute I made my final change as J.Hart coming on for J.Butland. The final change seemed to backfire as a poor punch out by J.Hart was volleyed in by M.Darmian. On the 75th minute it was three nil as A.Florenzi beat the offside trap with ease and fired in past J.Hart who was slow to react. Just before the final whistle Italy should have scored again but J.Hart saved well to deny the striker

England 0

Italy 3 M.Balotelli 2, M.Darmian 72, A.Florenzi 75

J.Butland (64-J.Hart), C.Smalling (56-G.Cahill), S.Caulker (51-L.Baines), P.Jones, A.Cresswell (51-P.Jagielka), T.Walcott, R.Bertrand (45-J.Henderson), G.Barry (capt), A.Young, H.Kane (51-A.Oxlade-Chamberlain), D.Sturridge

Attendance: 73,795

June 5th: Andorra (Wembley, London) Friendly

Our last warm up game before Euro 2012 and we controlled the game with ease. However despite our domination of the game it took till the 29th minute for us to open the scoring as D.Sturridge showed a turn of pace to beat the defence to W.Rooney's pass and fired past the keeper. On the stroke of half time we grabbed another goal as D.Sturridge headed in under the crossbar from a R.Sterling corner after W.Rooney's thunderous effort was tipped round the post

Half Time Score 2-0

The second half was five minutes old when R.Sterling curled the ball in past the Andorran keeper after running in from the wing. On the 61st minute I made a number of changes as L.Baines, S.Caulker, C.Smalling, F.Delph, G.Barry and H.Kane all came on for J.Stones, G.Cahill, L.Shaw, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, P.Jones and J.Henderson. We carried on the pressure throughout the rest of the game but we just couldn't find that finishing touch to add the extra goals that we deserved

England 3 D.Sturridge 29, 45, R.Sterling 50

Andorra 0

J.Hart, J.Stones (61-L.Baines), P.Jagielka, G.Cahill (61-S.Caulker), L.Shaw (61-C.Smalling), A.Oxlade-Chamberlain (61-F.Delph), P.Jones (61-G.Barry), J.Henderson (61-H.Kane), R.Sterling, W.Rooney (capt), D.Sturridge

Attendance: 66,343

2015/16 Review:

Premier League: Chelsea 82pts, Man City 79pts, Man Utd 70pts

FA Cup: Chelsea 3-2 Man City

Capital One Cup: West Brom 2-0 Man Utd

Community Shield: Man City 2-0 Man Utd

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Barnsley 3-0 Portsmouth

FA Trophy: Macclesfield 1-0 Gateshead

European Champions Cup: Man City 3-1 Chelsea

Europa Cup: Liverpool 1-1 Napoli (Liverpool pen)

European Super Cup: Leverkusen 3-2 Real Madrid

Club World Championship: Real Madrid (ESP) 4-0 Guangzhou (CHINA)

June 10th:

EURO 2016 Begins:

France 1-0 Croatia

June 11th: Norway 1-3 Czech Republic, Bosnia & Herz 3-1 Scotland, Belgium 1-0 Germany

June 12th: Ukraine (Allianz Riviera, Nice) Group C (1/3)

Ukraine began the better and on the 17th minute they came close as they beat L.Baines to a loose ball but J.Hart was quick to react and smothered the ball at the feet of the striker. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a great tea move which split the defence apart but yet again J.Hart saved the day. On the 33rd minute Ukraine had yet another chance as my team just failed to deal with their slick attacking move but luckily for us their finish was pretty dire and it went well wide of the post.

Half Time Score 0-0

During the interval I said a few choice words (As a Mod I cant repeat them :D) to the players. I made a triple change as R.Sterling, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain and D.Sturridge coming on for A.Young, R.Bertrand and H.Kane. The second half was alittle better for us as we actually started to play and on the hour we had our first chance of the game as W.Rooney rose above the defence and headed a F.Delph cross just wide of the keeper and post. On the 75th minute Ukraine had their next chance with a curling free-kick which was tipped onto the upright by J.Hart. With four minutes remaining in the game Ukraine were again ruing the brilliance of J.Hart as he yet again denied the Ukrainian side. Back in the changing room I laid into the players and let them know what I thought of their performance

England 0

Ukraine 0

J.Hart, C.Smalling, P.Jagielka, G.Cahill, L.Baines, A.Young (45-R.Sterling), G.Barry, F.Delph, R.Bertrand (45-A.Oxlade-Chamberlain), W.Rooney (capt), H.Kane (45-D.Sturridge)

Serbia 3-3 Greece, Holland 5-2 Turkey

June 13th: Austria 1-1 Portugal, Russia 3-0 Finland, Switzerland 1-2 Italy

June 14th: Czech Republic 1-1 France, Denmark 4-1 Romania, Israel 0-2 Spain

June 15th: Croatia 4-3 Norway, Germany 2-0 Bosnia & Herz

June 16th: Serbia (Stade De Faux, Saint Denis) Group C (2/3)

We never really got going in the first half and on the 17th minute Serbia grabbed the lead as N.Matic jinked between G.Cahill and L.Baines to fire in past J.Hart. Three minutes later we were two goals down as F.Djordjevic rose above the defence and headed in off the upright. We were getting outplayed all over the pitch and on the half hour Serbia had another chance as the team as a whole fell asleep but this time J.Hart was up to the task of saving the shot.

Half Time Score 0-2

I made a triple change after the break with A.Young, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain and J.Henderson all coming on for R.Sterling, G.Barry and R.Bertrand. We started better than the first half and on the 57th minute we pulled a goal back as W.Rooney fired in from 20 yards after running onto a loose ball. Twelve minutes later though Serbia had another chance with a great team move which split the defence apart but the Serbian effort was as bad as our defending. Just before the full time whistle H.Kane had the chance to grab a point as he ran onto a F.Delph through-ball but he fired straight at the keeper. Another dire performance

England 1 W.Rooney 57

Serbia 2 N.Matic 17, F.Djordjevic 20

J.Hart, C.Smalling, P.Jagielka, G.Cahill, L.Baines, R.Sterling (45-A.Young), G.Barry (45-A.Oxlade-Chamberlain), F.Delph, R.Bertrand (45-J.Henderson), W.Rooney (capt), H.Kane

Booked: F.Delph

Greece 1-3 Ukraine, Scotland 1-1 Belgium

June 17th: Turkey 1-3 Austria, Portugal 1-0 Holland, Italy 0-1 Russia

June 18th: Finland 0-1 Switzerland, Romania 1-0 Israel, Spain 3-2 Denmark

June 19th:

Group A: Czech Republic 1-1 Croatia, Norway 0-3 France (France & Czech Republic qualify)

June 20th:

Group B: Belgium 3-0 Bosnia, Germany 1-1 Scotland (Belgium & Germany qualify)

June 21st: Greece (Parc des Princes) Group C (3/3)

We needed a win and hoped Serbia could get something from the Ukraine game. My players didn't start the game well as Greece controlled a lot of the play and on the 15th minute they had the chance to take the lead with a low shot which had J.Hart scrambling along his line to save. Ten minutes later they came close again with a great team move which beat my defence but not J.Hart who saved brilliantly to deny him. With eight minutes remaining in the half Greece had another chance but this time the striker was denied by a well timed tackle from G.Cahill. On the 43rd minute we had our first chance of the game as R.Sterling crossed into the area and W.Rooney headed straight into the keeper arms

Half Time Score 0-0

During the interval I played hell with my players and told them exactly what I though of their performance. The rollicking seemed to work as seven minutes into the half we took the lead as R.Sterling ran into the area with ball and rounded the keeper to slide the ball into the back of the net. On the 61st minute we made it two nil with H.Kane hitting a great effort from inside the area which beat the keeper with ease. We were running riot and eight minutes after H.Kane's goal we grabbed another goal as W.Rooney headed a R.Bertrand cross past the Greek keeper. Greece never looked like they were in it and on the 83rd minute we should have grabbed another goal but H.Kane fluffed his effort wide from six yards. Now we just had to wait on the Serbia Ukraine result

England 3 R.Sterling 52, H.Kane 61, W.Rooney 69

Greece 0

J.Hart, C.Smalling, P.Jagielka, G.Cahill, L.Baines, R.Sterling, G.Barry, F.Delph, R.Bertrand, W.Rooney (capt), H.Kane

Booked: F.Delph

F.Delph will miss the next game after reaching the yellow card limit

After what seemed like an eternity we found out Serbia had thrashed Ukraine after they were reduced to nine men early in the game.

Serbia 6-2 Ukraine (England & Serbia qualify)

Group D: Austria 1-3 Holland, Portugal 1-1 Turkey (Holland & Portugal qualify)

June 22nd:

Group E: Italy 5-1 Finland, Switzerland 2-2 Russia (Russia & Italy qualify)

Group F: Denmark 3-0 Israel, Romania 0-4 Spain (Spain & Denmark qualify)

The top two of each group qualify plus the four best four 3rd placed teams qualify for the second round, talking of the second round here's the draws for the rest of the tournament

Second Round Draw:

England v Czech Republic

Belgium v Ukraine

Switzerland v Holland

Austria v France

Croatia v Serbia

Spain v Italy

Russia v Portugal

Denmark v Germany

1/4 Final Draw:

England / Czech Republic v Switzerland / Holland

Belgium / Ukraine v Spain / Italy

Croatia / Serbia v Russia / Portugal

Austria / France v Denmark / Germany

Semi Final Draw:

England / Czech Republic v Switzerland / Holland v Belgium / Ukraine v Spain / Italy

Croatia / Serbia v Russia / Portugal v Austria / France v Denmark / Germany

June 25th: Czech Republic (Stade Geoffroy-Giuchard, St.Etienne) Euro 2016 2nd Round

A poor start saw us a goal down by the 11th minute as a poor pass by P.Jagielka was intercepted and D.Pavelka fired in past J.Hart. Ten minutes later the Czechs should have added a second goal but the striker failed to hit the target from close range when it was easier to score than miss. We weren't getting close to the Czechs goal and on the 43rd minute we had the referee to thank after he ruled a goal out after a foul on L.Baines.

Half Time Score 0-1

I made a triple change at half time with J.Henderson, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain and D.Sturridge coming on for R.Sterling, W.Rooney and H.Kane. Four minutes into the half we grabbed the equaliser as a D.Sturridge effort was diverted past the Czech Republics keeper by M.Kadlec for an own goal. On the 53rd minute we took the lead as D.Sturridge ran through the defence and fired low and hard past the keeper. We were starting to actually play and on the 68th minute we came close to grabbing a further goal as R.Bertrand crossed into the area but G.Barry fluffed the header and it went well wide of the post. On the stroke of full time we killed the game off as D.Sturridge fired in from close range after beating the offside trap.

England 3 M.Kadlec 49 og, D.Sturridge 53, 90

Czech Republic 1 D.Pavelka 11

J.Hart, C.Smalling, P.Jagielka, G.Cahill, L.Baines, R.Sterling (45-J.Henderson), T.Walcott, G.Barry, R.Bertrand, W.Rooney (capt) (45-A.Oxlade-Chamberlain), H.Kane (45-D.Sturridge)

Belgium 2-0 Ukraine, Switzerland 1-0 Holland

June 26th: Austria 2-5 France, Croatia 4-0 Serbia, Spain 0-2 Italy

June 27th: Russia 0-1 Portugal, Denmark 2-1 Germany

June 30th: Switzerland (Stade Velodrome, Marseille) Euro 2016 ¼ Final

We began well and on the 12th minute we took the lead as R.Sterling curled the ball in from outside the area after running onto a loose ball. Ten minutes later we had another chance with a powerful effort which stung the fingers of the Swiss keeper. On the 34th minute Switzerland came close with a long range shot which had J.Hart scrambling along his line to save. Just before the break we had our next chance as T.Walcott crossed into the area but W.Rooney headed wide of the post

Half Time Score 1-0

The second half saw Switzerland controlling the play and on the 54th minute they had the chance to equalise with a low shot which beat J.Hart but not the upright. Eleven minutes later we scored again as R.Bertrand diverted a cross past J.Hart for an own goal. On the 77th minute Switzerland had the chance to win the game with a curling effort which curled wide of J.Hart's hands and the upright.

End of Ninety Minutes 1-1

Extra time dragged on by as neither my side or the Swiss side created any chance and the game went to penalties

Switzerland had the first penalty and J.Drmic fired past J.Hart (1-0)

G.Barry took our first penalty and blasted it into the top corner (1-1)

F.Schar slotted the ball low into the bottom corner for the Swiss (2-1)

D.Sturridge wasted no time in levelling the shoot-out (2-2)

B.Dzemail fired with pace right down the middle to retake the lead (3-2)

W.Rooney was up next and calmly curled the ball in off the upright (3-3)

R.Rodriguez fired with pace towards goal but J.Hart could only divert it into the back of the net (4-3)

R.Bertrand stepped up and fired to the left but the Swiss keeper tipped it round the post (4-3)

P.Schneglis was up for the Swiss and hit the ball with pace past J.Hart to send the Swiss through (5-3)

England 1 R.Sterling 12

Switzerland 1 R.Bertrand 65 og

J.Hart, C.Smalling, G.Cahill, R.Bertrand, L.Shaw, T.Walcott, P.Jones, G.Barry, R.Sterling, W.Rooney (capt), D.Sturridge

Booked: G.Cahill

July 1st; Belgium 1-0 Italy

July 2nd; Croatia 2-1 Portugal

July 3rd: France 2-0 Denmark

July 5th: Euro 2016 Semi's

Switzerland 0-1 Belgium

July 7th: Croatia 0-1 France

July 10th: Belgium v France: Euro 2016 Final

Belgium 1-1 France E.Hazard 117 pen / A.Lacazette 110

(Belgium win 11-10 on penalties)

The FA have informed me that they weren't happy with the general performance of the side during the tournament and believe that a change in direction is called for in the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers. They have relieved me of my duties with immediate effect

Not really mate, I've had it happen a few times whilst doing Internationals. The main one was my Welsh game when they sacked me soon after winning a major tournament...Gutting really because I fancied having a go at that European International League

Archived