FM16 Put random player in the DL/DR slot, tell him he is a Wing Back Attack and super powers!

4-1-2-3 Wide DM or 4-3-3 Wide, prolly anything 4-x-x, but I don't try much else.

Alexander Fisher claims to be a winger, but really, what few stats he has is not well distributed at all, but in the back spot as Wing Back Attack and bam magic, one of the best performing players on the team, the other side was a loan from QPR that performed even better (Amand Traoré). Those two was a major factor in my team's ability to win the dutch league with FC Twente.

I like IF/S up front, with two WB/A they get pushed into the box, so I end up with at least 3 targets for crosses or passes, that seems to really hurt the ME defensively and leads to goals.

Finaly, using two WB/A's seem's to have no negative defensive effect, it actually looks better as the two defenders get super powers and prevent the opposition attacks (Part of the reason they consistently get good scores as they don't need to create goals, they will get score for key tackles at home).

In FM15 this seems to work too, but I didn't actually realize it, because the DL/DR don't get as good scores as in FM16.

Look up Amand in game (English Earliest start, QPR player) and tell me why he deserves to be the best player in the dutch league?

Playing with Portsmouth in FMC, or FMT...whatever it's called, and I was able to keep Enda Stevens at LF in the Premier League and he was still averaging around 7.5 ratings for the season. My RB I acquired in League 2 and he doesn't have great stats, especially attacking, but still gets great ratings and many assists. Stevens at least is somewhat competent ratings wise and does have some attacking stats, so I can kinda see him doing okay...though still not being one of the best in the league. My RB, whose name I can't remember right now, is pretty dreadful. Dribbling/Crossing/First Touch/Technique are all sub 10. He has decent pace and tackling/marking (about 13 for each), but really shouldn't be able to play this well at this level.

Meanwhile, my DM who is very talented and plays very well and does everything I could want him to do, is having a great game if he gets a 6.8 rating.

The bad news guys is that someone should register this in the bug forum, the ME is obviously not doing what it should do to bad and out of position players and turning them into Superman.

Hmm, I wonder if any of you guys will post this in the bug forum?

Agree full back ratings are too high.

Wide play generally seems slightly over powered.

However, despite their high ratings having full backs on attack duty can leave you very exposed defensively, just because they get high ratings doesn't mean they can be in 2 places at once.

This can be mitigated by having 2 defensively minded cm's, but then these won't contribute much to attacks so thats a fair trade off.

So they may appear to have 'super powers' but in reality its just their high ratings making you think their more effective than they actually are.

I don't know what to bug here, in FM15 I think the back issue is the same just without the high score.

They might technically have corrected a FM15 bug and these backs now get proper score.

I guess you could argue that the ME is "broken", but this is an old problem from FM15 maybe earlier and they haven't bothered to fix it.

Interesting point. I've played a few games with Ajax and Ricardo van Rhijn is a beast on the right flank. He's not a rubbish player, of course, and I haven't used wing-back/attack, but right-back/automatic (which is usually alos attack in my case) orders and he's creating havoc in attack. In left wing I've got Nick Viergever who I've played with more defensive orders and he usually stays back.

I believe the case is not the orders or role that you give to your player. It looks like nobody tracks attacking fullbacks, they got acres of space every single time when they overlap.

If you play with winger, its tighter and you've got two opponent players marking your fullback and winger. But in last couple of games I've used IF/support and AP/support roles in AMR and it creates a huge open space.

van Rhijn is not the best crosser in the game, but in one game he literally gave 30 crosses, and, as OP stated, with at least half-decent target man in the box, some of those will connect.

In conclusion - probably ME issue.

Interesting point. I've played a few games with Ajax and Ricardo van Rhijn is a beast on the right flank. He's not a rubbish player, of course, and I haven't used wing-back/attack, but right-back/automatic (which is usually alos attack in my case) orders and he's creating havoc in attack. In left wing I've got Nick Viergever who I've played with more defensive orders and he usually stays back.

I believe the case is not the orders or role that you give to your player. It looks like nobody tracks attacking fullbacks, they got acres of space every single time when they overlap.

If you play with winger, its tighter and you've got two opponent players marking your fullback and winger. But in last couple of games I've used IF/support and AP/support roles in AMR and it creates a huge open space.

van Rhijn is not the best crosser in the game, but in one game he literally gave 30 crosses, and, as OP stated, with at least half-decent target man in the box, some of those will connect.

In conclusion - probably ME issue.

If you can / have any pkm's upload here.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440965-Unnecessary-Decisions-to-Double-Mark-Leaves-Acres-of-Space-Generally-Wonky-Defensive-Shape

You'll see my post and a couple of others, this really needs fixing as it's terrible.

I play the 5-3-2 Pirlo formation and my wingbacks are the stars of the team also, I figure it's because they do so much in both attack and defence. It's only when it comes to attacking fullbacks behind inside forwards that you start running into trouble as you get doubled up on the flanks. If I played with inside forwards I would probably have them man mark anyone that was going to give me trouble at fullback as it is I just try maintain possession and hope one of the 3 CDs can deal with any crosses. It works the majority of the time. I got bored of using inside forwards every time I played.

Archived