FMT16 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24 league games down; 2 point lead over Porto (we have a game in hand). Nicked a 2-1 win at The Etihad in the first leg of the first knockout round of the CL. I'm sure you guys have seen Cleon's latest thread, but if you haven't - feast your eyes on the possibilities:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/444680-The-Art-of-Counter-Attacking

I've been using 4-1-4-1 all the way through Beta and it can give great results. If you just apply some of the ideas from Cleon's thread (specifically look at the Duty balance), you can quickly develop a very different style of play to the usual all-out-attack approaches that pervade the forum.

000dbee4f0a6441011040f4071c2c7fa.png

Been given 19m, and 260k extra wages as a budget.

Not sure what to do with all that Premiership filthy lucre, but I'll probably slide the wages to 150k spare and 25m in transfers.

Then there's Ravel Morrison, 9m is a large chunk of it, but I think he's worth it. Wish I could spread that over a few seasons, though! Should try and make Jesse Lingard permanent too.

Absolutely. If we don't get through it'll be a massive disappointment and I don't think that'll happen. Then I guess Arsenal, Madrid and Barca will prevail, so we're screwed from the Semi-Finals onwards.

I though so, just wasn't sure with SLB, since you seem to be handling them in the league.

That's 10million more than I got with Sheff Wed! Lucky man, sir.

Well done though, that's a top effort, you must have a tactic nailed to get that level of success so quickly.

I'm a year later than you, so it must be the new tv deals and such.

Haven't touched the tactic since about 4 months into the first season, it's been working very well.

Good news on the Ravel front, Lazio solved my problems by letting me renew his loan. Ideal result.

This is getting seriously ridiculous now.

0LhSCsh.png

They were promoted along with me last season, and were sitting rock bottom of the league without a win in their first six games.

To make matters worse, the board confidence slipped from 'pleased' to 'satisfied' after this one result. A few more like this and I won't last the season. Loads of other people seem to have no issues winning away matches, I can't buy a win away. It's all getting a bit soul destroying to be honest.

I'm after screwing up massively! Let a load of contracts run out, bought some key players, and spent a load on prospects.

I didn't keep enough of an eye on my squad, and I have 14 players in my first team.... and one of them wants out. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, I have no assistant manager either.....

Dave, what system are you using that sees you leak goals so readily? It's pretty remarkable!

Last match of the evening yesterday wasn't even one of mine. I watched Benfica host Porto and they whooped them 3-1. That leaves us four clear with 3 games to play, so barring a spectacular capitulation we'll win the title :) We're also in the League Cup final (against Benfica) but it's the Champions League that I want to have a proper crack at.

Continuing my save with Wolfsburg.

Supercup: Lost to Bayern 1-0

DFB Pokal Rnd. 1: Won against TSV 1860 Muenchen 3-0 (with Bendtner scoring 2...)

Bundesliga Game 1: Won against Frankfurt 1-0

Line Up:

ST: Kruse / Dost / Bendtner

ML: Schuerrle / M. Arnold (Draxler injured 4 mo.)

MCL: Allen / M. Arnold / Guilav.

MCR: Guilav. / Allen / L. Gustavo

MR: Caligiuri / F. Rodriguez / Vierinha

DM: L. Gustavo / C. Ascues / Guilav. / Traesch

LB: R. Rodriguez / M. Schaefer

CDL: Dante / Knoche

CDR: Naldo / T. Klose

RB: Vierinha / S. Jung / Traesch

GK: Casteels / Gruen (Benaglio injured couple weeks)

Now, here's a thing.

International break, so I took the opportunity to set up an away friendly against a similar rep team from abroad - Anderlecht - to try out yet another away tactic and this happened...

uiSYYXd.png

Don't really know what to make of this. They had the lion's share of possession and a lot of shots, but crucially not many on target. Our shots looked a bit more clinical than the usual away day fayre. We're at home to Norwich next, then our next away game is at Tottenham, so I'll give that system another crack in that game. A bit more promising though.

Oh, and I don't usually sign the normal FM 'known players' (Balanta, Fierro, etc), but I did try and bring in Lucas Romero. He decided to join Roma instead, the little scamp. Rome over Sheffield? Pffft, what is he thinking? :D

Been playing all day, still in the freaking transfer window.

This team I'm building is hilarious, some excellent players in key areas, then my 2nd best CB is 16 years old.....

I'm still short a winger, and a striker, have Ante Rebic on loan, but he's not great. I did manage to find an Argentine goalkeeper who's joining me in January on a bosman, 20 years old, never capped for the senior team, but still got a work permit, reckon he could develop to be world class.

Sometimes FM makes no sense. It's free transfer deadline day, and I was snooping around looking to see if there were any players that hadn't been signed by other clubs. I noticed Darron Gibson was still available, and he's agreed a paltry 5k a week wage until the end of the season. He'll provide a bit of experience to the midfield when required for the rest of the season. Good bit of business I thought, given his experience, and he's still only 29 years old.

However, the fans had a slightly different viewpoint.

UWHduIX.png

Outrageous waste of money? I've got a 26million war chest, around 100k left in wages, and this guy was free with a small wage. *shakes head*

*sighs*, three minutes into this next away game vs Spurs, and my keeper gets injured. Guess who never has a keeper on the bench? Yip, that would be me. Mind you, we're only 1-0 down at half time, what can possibly go wrong?

3-0, they predictably scored with every shot on target. We actually played quite well for once, it's so annoying.

Congrats on winning the league :thup: Good luck against Juventus in the final.

Thanks! The eagles are already circling my players. Given that there isn't really much money in the Portuguese league, that might be a good thing as I can get straight on with winning stuff, selling high, buying low and getting stuck in a cycle of developing and selling young players.

Archived