I (no longer) suck at this game

I'm playing FM 2014 and I just don't understand it.

I have played FM 07 and was fairly succesfull. I played that for many years and finally decided to play a newer FM, and I just suck.

Every career I started I suck. Can't find a winning tactic. When I think I've found one I start loosing games again.

I like to start in lower leages and go up, that is waht I like about these games so don't tell me to get a better team.

After failing in the normal leagues I usually play, England and Sweden, I decided to try something different. I played in Asia. First season was pretty good. Just missed promotion in Thailand. Then next season I lost the first 9 games in a row, got fired. Then continued in Hong Kong, decent first season wasn't offerd new contract. GOt a top team in Indonesia, got fired was in 4th place at the time. Got new job in Quatar again a top team. But got fired again then no team wanted me.

So I started new career. This time went back to England and Skrill South and Dover. Started with 5 1-1 games. Then won some and then started losing. Found a tactic online that was supposed to be good. Tried that. First game with that tactic 1-1, then a 4-0 and 3-0 win top teams. Then I lost 2 games against bottom teams. Just barley won in FA Trophe against a low leage team, 4-3. But then I just got hammerd every game after. 0-4, 2-5, 0-8, 2-6, 3-6 and fired again.

What the hell! How should I pick my team and what tactic and instructions should I use? I just can't figure it out.

I tryed using Assisstant recommendations, avrage rating, looked at their abbilities and tried to choose the best players. But every time the same result. A player can get 7-8 in one game then go down to 3-4.

So do I suck or the game suck?

I started with a 4-5-1 formation with Dover, then used 4-4-2 and started to get better results and then without changeing anything started to loose big

The game has certainly changed in the seven versions you skipped over, and it does require more thought and effort tactically than it used to. Have you started with any of the stickied threads above? Look at WWFan's 12 step guide for starters. From there, you might have a read of Llama's Pairs and Combinations or any of the other excellent articles, but those two are pretty basic to start with and will help you with a foundation to start from.

As far as asking for help goes, you should probably refer to this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327822-Asking-For-Help-PLEASE-READ-THIS

It could be that you suck at the game, but the information given doesn't really let us establish if that's the case or not. As a minimum, we'd need to know an example of a formation you use, Mentality, Team Shape, Roles, Duties, Team and Player Instructions. We'd also need to know if you spot recurrent patterns in the types of goals you concede. The more info you give, the better feedback you'll receive.

I used this tactic http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/379509-FM14-2-442-Success-all-levels

My defence always miss in the marking. And they are slow and can't keep up. I tried to change to drop lower but that ended in a 3-6 loss and me getting fired.

Also acouple of the goals was big misstakes by my goalkeeper, that used to be very good and my young center defend that also had man great games before my losing streak. Also there was a lot of bad passes right to the opposition and then they scored.

That's an FM13 tactic, you can't really expect it to work in FM15 (and it didn't look that hot in FM13 either :p).

Do you want to create your own tactic? In which case start with some of the stickies that Dr Hook above mentioned. I have a feeling the Doctor has also posted a thread on lower league management which you might find helpful.

Alternatively, if you are happy downloading a tactic, there are much better (and newer!) tactics in the download section :).

I used this tactic http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/379509-FM14-2-442-Success-all-levels

My defence always miss in the marking. And they are slow and can't keep up. I tried to change to drop lower but that ended in a 3-6 loss and me getting fired.

Also acouple of the goals was big misstakes by my goalkeeper, that used to be very good and my young center defend that also had man great games before my losing streak. Also there was a lot of bad passes right to the opposition and then they scored.

One of the worse tactics I've ever seen posted on here that is. The author had no clue what he was doing and didn't understand how using every single possible TI would impact how he played. He was well known for posting utter tosh without understanding himself how it worked. So hardly surprising seeing you have issues replicating it. I'd start with the sticky threads to get an idea of how you want to play etc.

Wow. Have just looked at the tactic used and yep, it's a bit "unusual". If you're new to the game, sometimes the worst thing to do is to go to the downloads forum. Doing that teaches you very little, unless the thread contains loads of detail about the system and how it works (which that thread doesn't).

The thing is I've never used forums before to "get help" with the older FM games. I always learned hoe to do it and be successfull but now I'm just at a loss. What is best to use if your player are bad at passing? Short, direct or long balls. Use tight marking? what kind of crosses. I've tried everything it seems but always fail. It's like the game can't allow me to be successfull. I have a nice unbeaten run and then it just slamms me with losing to the team last in the table and then it just starts to go down.

Like I said when I played in Thailand. I came 3rd, just missed promotion first season. THat was a good season. Was planning on fighting for 1st place next season, and what happens. My team goeas half a season without winning a game. Sure I lost my 2 best players but come on.

I'm just so frustrated right now. Let's se if I can manage to pull Boston United up from the bottom to the middle table, which now is my new job after being fired from Dover

Some of us have to change the way we play the game, me for example cant stretch myself to watch games on full and take seriously what the AI does. I keep trying to find "plug n play" ways, mostly because of lack of the time the game demands. Do you know what can help me? Fantasy Draft. Cant wait for it, if its as i imagine.

Yes almost. I tried some of the games inbetween, but since I was doinging so well in FM 07, an got so attatched to my team I always went back to FM 07

As a new player to the FM series with FM14 I feel your pain! Now I am not an expert, but this is how I would approach a new save as a new player.

1. Have an idea of how you want to play. If you don't have a plan in mind, how can you tell your team to execute it?

2. Start with a formation and add player roles - stick to Standard so that the players roles set in the tactic editor work as advertised - i.e. Defend/Support/Attack.

3. Play a few games and watch how the player roles work. Do not add any instructions, just watch how the roles interact with each other.

4. Try different roles and duties an see how that makes the player behave. Also compare how different players play in a position, as different attributes and player preferred moves affect how they behave.

5. Once you have the players behaving roughly how you want on defence, attack and in transition you can add some instructions to fine tune their behaviour. The key fact is this, less is sometimes more.

6. Read the stickied threads, other posts on here, and always be willing to accept that you know nothing :-) Take time to evaluate what is happening.

If you do this, the penny will drop and you will find you don't suck so badly after all :-) There are no shortcuts, and no plug and play tactics that work out of the box.

Some of us have to change the way we play the game, me for example cant stretch myself to watch games on full and take seriously what the AI does. I keep trying to find "plug n play" ways, mostly because of lack of the time the game demands. Do you know what can help me? Fantasy Draft. Cant wait for it, if its as i imagine.

You don't have to watch games on full or understand what the AI is doing. What you need to do though is understand how the tactic you use works and its strengths and weakness, it's that simple. I also fail to see how fantasy draft will help you with this.

First thing I did was to do allot of reading to understand how each role for each position works in the game because I often found I interpreted the roles differently to what they actually were.

Also before doing a long save I spent time rerunning a match using different roles and tactics and learning how they impacted the game. Looked at how the AI changed their tactics during the game and noticed they alter their tactics even if it's just roles of individual players. One of the reasons that your tactics work for a few games and then fail is because if your constantly playing the same way with the same roles the AI is knowing exactly how you're playing all the time. For example if I'm away I may change my attacking advanced playmaker and play him as a roaming playmaker on support. You can't just constantly pick the same tactic and roles for every game. I find myself changing roles and duties during a match and find I have too to beat the AI.

Another big one for me is to use the team talks not just before, during and after a game but also during the match to get the players to perform how I want them to perform. Don't be afraid to be aggressive to players if they aren't performing to what you expect because I've found certain players react well to this.

Training is another one. How often do you work on things likes defending and attacking before games? If you're a smaller team and playing a big team where you expect the game to be hard and possibly get beat then train defensively with a defensive tactic in preparation for the game.

I'm really enjoying FM15 and how I've progressed playing the game and understanding all aspects of it.cant wait for FM16 to come out!!

OK have been reading a bit. And tried to follow the advise. Again worked well in the begining but now it start to go bad again. The first games I saw that my defence was postioning very well. Almost perfect. But now they are not and I have not made changes except that one of the best defenders that was injured before came back and I replaced a very bad defender.

Ok I've so far 4 wins 4 loss and 1 draw. So maybe not so bad. My team is maybe not that great. But it bothers me that I could see so clearly that my defence was in the right positions and now they are struggeling.

Not if I should use high or low defence line. My defenders are quick when I compare to other teams, but realy bad in the air.

Also should I listen to my Assistant during game? I always make changes maybe I shouldn't?

This was my most recent tactic.

FM14.png

I use shorter pass bcoz my players are bad at heading so I want to keep the ball low

Higher tempo bcoz players are fast

Shoot on sight bcoz good long shots

Hassle bcoz I want to stop the other team to deliver crosses. (failed)

Exploit rigt flank bcoz the left back was their weekest player

and offside trap bcoz it helpt in the begining.

Sounds like you're making some progress but there's a few things I could point out that might help you further develop this tactic:

- "Limited" Full Backs and Defenders will look to clear the ball long more frequently and you say your team is poor at heading... are you sure you want high balls hit up the pitch? This may be offset by your cautious, "Defensive" mentality and "shorter passing" instruction, but you are still increasing the risk of the long clearance.

- When selecting "shorter passing", the main reason shouldn't be to do with the height/heading ability of your players. More direct balls could also reach the player at any height, not just head height. You should think of this instruction as simply encouraging players to pass to those that are closer to them.

- Try not to think of "higher tempo" as being associated with the physical speed of your players, it's more to do with when they choose to pass the ball. With a higher tempo, your team will look to keep the ball moving and will therefore attempt passes that may be more risky and/or more difficult to pull off. Playing at a higher tempo requires your players to be good technically, with high teamwork, work rate and off the ball so they can keep up with the play. That's not to say you can't use it, just be aware that it is linked more to technique than pace.

- "Shoot on sight" is all well and good, but it does require excellent technical and mental ability to be able to convert chances from distance on a consistent basis. You should take a minute to think why you would want your players to make this their primary way of scoring rather than creating chances closer to goal.

- The main weakness of the 4-4-2 is in the centre of the park as you only have 2 players. You should look to shut down this area by providing a cover for your defence. Unfortunately, the "Ball Winning Midfielder" role can be a bit misleading as he regularly chases the ball leaving the defence without that cover. If you haven't already, I suggest you read Pairs and Combinations. This should give you an idea of the sort of partnerships you can hope to play in a 2 man midfield. Essentially, you need at least 1 player that will sit deep and protect your defence.

- Finally, regarding your combination of a "Defensive" mentality and "Hassle Opponents/Use Offside Trap", I think there may be some confusion here. A defensive mentality will mean your players are closer to your own goal, taking few risks and looking to stop the opposition creating chances with their positioning. "Hassle Opponents" is asking your players to leave their defensive shape and pressure the opponent, which could be counterproductive when looking to provide a solid defensive structure (perhaps what you want, but something to be aware of). "Use Offside Trap" is also a bit of a strange inclusion because your players will look to step up at an opportune moment and catch attackers offside, meaning they are less concerned with blocking their runs. This can be a useful tactic, but when your defensive line is so close to your own goal, a mistake could mean a big chance for the opposition.

I hope these points give you something to think about. Just remember, it's a simple game really and as long as you go through things step-by-step, then you will end up with a decent tactic. Don't worry too much about every last detail, I just wanted to set a few things straight for you and hopefully point you in the right direction :)

And also, keep your thoughts coming on this thread as the more you write them down, the more you will understand the process you are going through. Just try not to get too stressed when it doesn't work!

Sorry for my frustration.

I replayed that game. I saved just before to try that new tactic. I read more into that pairs & contribution file and think I understad more now.

I hope. I won when I replayed, just barley, but it's a win. Hope this new tactic works better for me.

FM14.png

Sorry for my frustration.

I replayed that game. I saved just before to try that new tactic. I read more into that pairs & contribution file and think I understad more now.

I hope. I won when I replayed, just barley, but it's a win. Hope this new tactic works better for me.

It will only "work" for you if you understand why it is better, and what it did differently than the one it is replacing. Without that, when it goes wrong in a match for you, you won't know why. You don't need to post it here, if you don't wish to, but make sure you understand the changes you made and why they did better.

You mention your players are quite pacey. So are your wingers for example set to attacking during part or all of the game? Do you look at your opponents full backs and look to see if they are pacey or if they are slower than your wingers? This could be exploited by getting your wingers to attack the full back get past him and get balls into the box. It also means that once the full back is beaten the centre half is going to come to close him down leaving space for your forwards. Another thing is to check their full backs and if they are one footed change your wingers to inside forwards and even go as far as putting your left winger on the right wing to cut inside. With doing that you create space for an attacking full back/wing back to over lap or again possibly for a centre half to come close your inside forward down and again creating space for your forwards. Same in defending, are the opponents wingers pacey and do your full backs need help when your opponent is attacking. What is your teams stamina like? Are you set to high tempo all game yet have low stamina? Are you conceding goals late on in the match?

As mentioned above it is very much about what roles compliment each other and how they work together in the examples I gave above and of course creating space. The roles and instructions in my team constantly change not just game to game but even during the game depending on how the match is unfolding!! What very rarely changes however is the shape of my team. Only one or two positions may change but for the most part the shape is the same.

I'm currently reading Iain Macintosh's new book and as he points out Mourinho often chooses to go with Willian despite having had more gifted players in Schürrle, De Bruyne and Mata at his disposable because of the roles in HIS system and how they work together. My point being is that pick the players that best suit the roles rather than picking players that you think are the best and should be in your team.

For the purpose of understanding the tactics I'm a huge fan of replaying a particular match over and over and seeing how different players with different roles affect the tactic because as I said earlier my initial interpretations of the roles and instructions were different to what they actually are. So I had to read up and learn and experiment with the tactics to have a much better understand of what works and in what situation

The problem with replaying a match is that you're not getting anywhere and ignoring one of the main lessons of any sport: sometimes your team just has a bad day.

I understand the experimental element of finding out how different formations/styles will work against a constant, but that logic is flawed because the AI will make changes based on how the match is going (not particularly intelligent changes, but changes nonetheless). Plus, you want to be looking at how your tactic performs in general as opposed to against one team.

Much better advice is to take it on the chin and see how you can develop your tactic over the proceeding games.

@andyk81

Your tactic is looking more sensible now but as Dr. Hook says, you need to understand why you are making changes and what you expect them to do, rather than just mucking about and hoping something works. Stick with the tactic you have for a few games without changing anything and watch the highlights in a bit more detail. Making rash changes will just cause more frustration and confusion in the long run!

I would also say that Pipster's advice is great advice and some good points are raised, but maybe you should steer clear of worrying too much about fine details until you have a stable tactic that you are generally sticking to. This isn't meant as a slight against Pipster of course! :)

Ok so I got my team to behave sort of how I like but now I can't hold a lead.

I have taken the lead and going for a win but then in the last 10-15 min I concede a goal and it ends in a draw. Usually on a player misstake or free kick/corner.

I know I should stick for my tactic longer than I've had. But know I use a tactic I want and have for a few games. Maybe done som smalle changes.

GK (D)

WB (A)

CD (D) Not sure if I should use Defend or cover

CD (D)

FB (S)

DM (D)

DLP (S) Thought of changing to BWM or CD (S)

CD (A)

IF (A)

F9 (S) Not sure if this is the best for my player, he's better as AF or Poacher but not sure they are good for my formation or maybe Trequarista

IF (A)

Mentality: Control (Used standard also but saw my possession was low so changed to this)

Fluidity: Balanced (CHanged to Fluid last game not sure wich to use here)

Instructions:

Lower Tempo

Work ball in box

Play out defence

Hassle

Get Stuck in (Maybe skip this? Have not so strong players, and my left back seem to miss his sliding tackles)

Retain Poss. (Used Short pass at first then changed to this, read in a post it's not good to use both)

Use some player inst. too. Like Dribble less for my wing backs who have low dribbling, shoot less on players with low long shots, and shoot more on those who have.

Should I use Fewer Risky passes for my F9 who has low passing and Creativity?

What's your stamina like? Have you considered this if you're conceding late in a game? In particular look at the more defensive players. Might be time to make a substitution late in the game.

Another thing to look at is how yours players look? Are they looking nervous, confident, motivated etc Use team talks to shout to the players during the game. Concentrate and tighten up etc.

In the last 10-15 minutes, the AI will change approach to try to draw / win if they feel they can do it. I guess some custom skins might have some sort of hack to show this, but the easiest "normal" way to see that is to have their formation widget open in a match. All you need to do is watch the positioning of their players on that widget. If, with 10-15 minutes to go you see 2 or 3 of them "move forwards" on the widget, it means they are adopting a more Attacking Mentality (generally Overload).

Is the question that you can't hold a lead, or that you aren't recognising the change in AI approach at the end of the game? If you recognised their changed approach, then you can start to think about how to make best use of that approach. It's often an opportunity to actually nick an extra goal yourself.

What's your stamina like? Have you considered this if you're conceding late in a game? In particular look at the more defensive players. Might be time to make a substitution late in the game.

Another thing to look at is how yours players look? Are they looking nervous, confident, motivated etc Use team talks to shout to the players during the game. Concentrate and tighten up etc.

My best defender was getting very tired at the end of the games, at least the last games of the season. I did change him, but to a much worse defender.

Also can you shout to the players during game? Did not know that. Thought it was only before, half time and after. I'm playing FM14 not 15 if that was a change made for that game-

In the last 10-15 minutes, the AI will change approach to try to draw / win if they feel they can do it. I guess some custom skins might have some sort of hack to show this, but the easiest "normal" way to see that is to have their formation widget open in a match. All you need to do is watch the positioning of their players on that widget. If, with 10-15 minutes to go you see 2 or 3 of them "move forwards" on the widget, it means they are adopting a more Attacking Mentality (generally Overload).

Is the question that you can't hold a lead, or that you aren't recognising the change in AI approach at the end of the game? If you recognised their changed approach, then you can start to think about how to make best use of that approach. It's often an opportunity to actually nick an extra goal yourself.

Will look into this.

Now season is over. Came 15th in Skrill North. The team was 17th or 18th when I took over, so not that good of an improvment. They we're expecting a mid-table position and was predicted to end in 7th so not so good of me.

Havn't got a new contract offer either so not sure what will happen. Not sure if I want to stay either. Have almost no money, wage budget is £2,847 and my wage bill is £3,772 and then I have a very small squad and 4 players with no sallary. 10 in first team players who's contracts expire and the ones I want to keep won't sign new contracts or I can't afford them.

So looks like my first season in my 7th career will end in massive failure with two clubs once again, and out for job hunt for 2nd season. Hope I can get a new one. Last career I had ended after 4 seasons, 4 differnet clubs and no one wanted to hire me.

Got a new contract with the club. Decided to stay. A bit better wage budget of £4,400.

Many players will leave so time for shopping.

Now what should I exactly look for? In the past I sort of just went with my scouts recommendetions, but maybe this time I should pay attention at the players attributes and fit them to my planned tactic.

So should I go with the one with A few very high numbers and some low, or more the one with even numbers? Eg the one with like a few 14, 13, 12 but has a 4,5,6 also on the important attributes for his role. or the one with an even 8,9,10,11 over all the important attributes?

Ok gonna do this. But what's more important? To get a player who has the best avrage on his attributes for that role or the one who might have one or a few high numbers and some low on other of the important attributes.

Example a CD with 14 in tackling and 8 heading and 4 jumping or the one with 10 tackling, 11 heading, 9 jumping

Ok gonna do this. But what's more important? To get a player who has the best avrage on his attributes for that role or the one who might have one or a few high numbers and some low on other of the important attributes.

Example a CD with 14 in tackling and 8 heading and 4 jumping or the one with 10 tackling, 11 heading, 9 jumping

It depends and doing what RTH says above can be good. Or another way of looking at it is to ask yourself what his partner along side of him is good and bad at. I never play two players who have the same weakness, players must compliment each other I believe to offer you the best balance.

For players like the OP this is where the games (in my opinion) lets them down big time.

Instead of having to read about tactics in the forum (lets be honest, long winded is an understatement) it would be far better if his staff actually helped properly. In other words didn't just spout what each individual change to a tactic does but actually came up with GOOD suggestions.

For players like the OP this is where the games (in my opinion) lets them down big time.

Instead of having to read about tactics in the forum (lets be honest, long winded is an understatement) it would be far better if his staff actually helped properly. In other words didn't just spout what each individual change to a tactic does but actually came up with GOOD suggestions.

This would be a superb feature to have! In reality it's more like a dream since the game has no way to know the kind of football you aim to play. Without that you're only left with suggestions about passing accuracy, crossing effectiveness, numbers in the middle, etc. But the idea is good! :)

This would be a superb feature to have! In reality it's more like a dream since the game has no way to know the kind of football you aim to play. Without that you're only left with suggestions about passing accuracy, crossing effectiveness, numbers in the middle, etc. But the idea is good! :)

On FM16 you get told by the staff about which formation, mentality and TI's you should use for your next game. Like everything else it's up to you whether you go with their suggestion or ignore but none the less its a feature same as you're asking for above.

Staff > backroom advice before a game and they'll suggest you things.

• 2 weeks later...

An Update

Started new season with Boston United much better. Looks very promising. In 8th place, in Conference North, after 10 games and not far from the top teams. Club is overachieving according to press so that must be good right?

Only two games so far I'm dissapointed by. Two losses in a row at home. Defence was not playing well and after that I put one of the defenders as cover.

I use the 4-5-1 formation

GK (D)

FB (S) CD (D) CD © FB (A)

DM (D)

DLP (S) CM (A)

IF (A) IF (A)

F9 (S)

Standard mentality and Balanced fluidity

Work Ball into box, Play out defence, Run at defence, Retain possession, Exploit the flanks. (Used Hassle opponents in beginning but saw my middfielders was not in place while defending then)

I have 3 differnet type of forwards. I mostly use my F9 who is a good team player an good at getting my Inside forwards in good goalscoring position. My left inside forward is my best scorer so far with 8 goals in 13 games. Then I have my goal scorer, a fast forward with good finishing (best scorer last season with 20 goals), but not sure how to use him. He is a great Poacher but I read that Poacher is not good to use with this type of system. Also good as AF. I tried him as F9 but not as good as the other one and experimented with him as Trequarista at top with one great result and another not so good. Consider to make him my right inside forward. Maybe that will work? He is very bad at crossing though, just a 4. Maybe I can use him as AF or Poacher and have one of my wingers beeing more defensive minded?

Then I have my strong Target man. Not been able to use him much bcoz he get injured alot. 3 months in pre season, then just as he came back got injured again and then I used him in a FA cup match in a 4-4-2 system with my poacher and he scored a hattrick and then got injured again in a u21 game when I wanted him to get match fit.

If I have the lead I change tactic at the end to a more defenceive 4-5-1

GK (D)

LFB (D) LD (D) LD (D) LFB (D)

BWM (D) DM (D)

DW (S) CM (S) DW (S)

AF (A)

Mentality: Contain Fluidity: Balanced

Lower Tempo, Get stuck in, Go Route one, early crosses, Pump ball into box, waste time, drop deeper, Stand off, Play safer

In my 3 tactict slot I have an allternative 4-4-2 tactic to make use of my poacher and taget man

GK (D)

FB (A) CD(d) CD © FB (S)

W (s) CM (A) CM (D) W(A)

P (A) TM (s)

Mentallity: Counter Fluidity: Balanced

More direct passing, Clear ball, Higher tempo, Run at defence

Been thinking to have a more all attack tactic instead of the 4-4-2. Maybe a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3.

Any opinions guys?

I think tactics is only part of your success/failure. Have you checked into your coach staff and training routine? They make a HUGE difference in your squad's performance... (I agree FM became way more difficult over the years).

I think tactics is only part of your success/failure. Have you checked into your coach staff and training routine? They make a HUGE difference in your squad's performance... (I agree FM became way more difficult over the years).

What do you mean by this? Match prep has a slight boost only in whatever area you set it for, the coaches handle the training, but that has nothing to do with the match. His problems are purely tactical here. I respond here not to have a go at you, but this sort of potential misinformation causes greater problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all you help guys. I won Skrill North with Boston :)

The media placed me as 11th before the season and the club wanted me to finish top 10 so this must I see as a big success.

Although I did get into deep problems at the end.

I had an 11 win streak that put me in first place, and then I got a 7 point lead. But a couple of bad results put me at just a 3 point lead comming up to tha last two games, and my next opponent was Tamworth at 2nd place at home. A win and I was the winner, a loss and Tamworth was going to have tha advantege in the last round bcoz of more goals.

Got a great start with an early goal. Tamworth equalized. I got the lead one more time, but Tamworth got 2-2. Then I took the lead one more time, but my team failed once again to hold on to the lead. Game ended 3-3.

I was still up 3 points for last game and I had a brilliant oppotunity. Faceing Hyde on 18th place. Should not be a problem right?

After once again getting an early lead on penelty in the 14th minute, and Hyde also got a player sent off. But then my team showed the worst performance ever. Before half time hyde hade scored 2 goals. Then at the start of 2nd half, my team failed to make a kick off!?!?! Looked like one player tripped on the ball or something. And Hyde players easaly got the ball right away.

When the game was over HYde had scored 2 times mire and won 4-1!!!

I must have the most nervous team in the whole world.

Can't believe that happend. Luckley Tamworth also lost so even if I lost big, I won the league and even if Hyde won they were relegated.

I must have made some really bad choices in the team talks. At half time I told them to do it for the fans. That was obvious the wrong thing to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I suck again :(

I started of pretty good in the new season in Skrill Premier. 4 wins and 2 losses. But those ar now my only wins so far. Now I've played 12 games in a row with out winning. Mostly losses, 3 draws.

I even lost in the FA Cup against a team in 21th place in Skrill North!!!

My successfull tactic from last season doesn't work at all.

I did some changes to it. I used a Regista instead of a DM (D) and changed my DLP to BWM (D) and as I said was successfull at first. I did the changes because My best DM and DLP is the same player, so thought of using him as a regista instead and bought a player who is pretty good BWM. But it got bad fast.

I now try use my old tactic again but just can't win again.

How do I turn things around? Right now I have no idea.

Not sure what to do with tactics. What should I say to the players?

Maybe they are just so bad. I am suppossed to fight against relegation

Am I asking too much to think I should be higher up in the table?

Also I can't understand why one of my CD is playing so bad.

His attributes for a CD is great but his performances are just awfull.

Last 5 games 6.2!?!?!?! 6.48 all season

When I bought him I just looked at his attrubutes and he was by far the best I could get.

Should I go more on scout reports?

fired from Dover

you no chris Kinnear lol

dovertillidie

I'm really pissed I got fired from Dover. One of my favorite teams in the lower leagues

I choosed them because I had so much success with them on one of the old Premier Manager games and wanted to repeat that. But no I'm no Chris Kinnear :(

Well, I'm not changing the thread title again :p Okay Andy, so the next step is to actually diagnose how you lose. Where are you giving up goals, how are the moves that score on you starting etc. There is a breakdown somewhere, but the only one that can really tell exactly what is happening is you as you watch the matches. What level highlights do you watch, as an aside? Or is the problem that you aren't scoring enough? On that centerback, post a pic of him if you can, as well as some other setup stuff you've done for your tactic. Really, though you have to get at the root of the problem, which is probably diagnosable.

Also, keep in mind that if you have a weakish team for a division, you can't expect a magic tactic to win you the league. Great tactics with rubbish players will still fail you, though you should expect to beat expectation with good tactical management.

Archived