Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Herrera's movement off the ball impresses me the most. Always available for a pass. Reminds me alot of Febregas at Arsenal.

Wonder why its taken LVG so long to start with him this season and last.

Very pleased with that match and result. We always struggle away to Everton so winning 3-0 there is excellent. Everybody played well really, at least nobody were poor. DDG, Smalling, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Rooney and Martial were all good. Martial is stronger than he looks, and has something unpredictable about, and it looks like defenders can't handle him very well. How he got through the backdoor like that, twice, I've no idea.

Glad Memphis was benched. The talent is there, but he's not Ronaldo and needs to do defensive work too, and stop trying to dribble through 4 people all the time when other options are better. Martial can somehow pull that off, but Memphis can't.

Being able to play out wide can be a curse for pacey strikers. Martial has been good but if things carry on with him out wide his goals per game ratio is going to look terrible and then people will use that as a rod to beat him in the "striker" stakes.

Not unless he starts missing loads of chances, which seems unlikely.

Everyone 6 or higher, pretty much the opposite of Arsenal, such a relief. I saw someone on twitter say hopefully LvG has "stumbled" upon his best team again which seems exceptionally harsh since all his changes were deliberate and not enforced (well, Rojo for Shaw, but I'd argue that makes us weaker even after Rojo's good showing today).

Herrera/Schmidfield really needs to be how we start most games, that was easily Schneiderlin best game in a United shirt and it's clear he benefits from us moving the ball quickly from back to front. Herrera and Mata constantly giving him options was crucial to this.

Jones was really good, just need another 30 of those this season from him and he might have a future, I wont hold my breath though. Rooney was hit and miss, some of his control was excellent, some shoddy and he got into some dangerous positions for once but his lack of pace is an issue. If Depay gets back into form (and I actually think today is the type of game he'd have thrived in) then he'll struggle to keep Martial out of his position and I can't see him getting a look-in further back if Herrera keeps performing.

Probably the most comfortable we've looked as a team since LvG took over, about as good a response as I could have hoped for after the Arsenal debacle, both from LvG and the players.

Archived