[FM15] Where the Heck's It Gone? A hunt for lost glories...

DodgeeD

Just now, Keano16 said:

Thought that might have been the case, I shall just assume you won everything in those years. ;)

:D Assumptions were a big part of my early career.

The Ahli Saida years in Lebanon are missing - not much to report there. Just a promotion to the Lebanese top flight.

I will repost the updated career summary after I have caught up to the 2045 season - not the same as a full report but it will have to do!

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 2043 International Update

Never one to stay away from the international scene for long, I took up an intriguing offer towards the end of 2042:

2042%20Iraq%20job.png

Iraq had just bombed out of the Gulf Cup and were looking for a new gaffer with the Asian Cup just a couple of weeks away. I was appointed, looking forward to tinkering with the squad and surprising a few people as we headed to Australia for the continental tournament.

Except I didn't realise until it was too late that the squad had already been chosen... It was a mess of 7 full-backs and one centre-back, no right wingers and out-of-form/shape strikers. The tournament did not go well:

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20v%20KSA.png

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20v%20DPRK.png

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20v%20Jordan.png

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20News.png

Saudi Arabia would go on to beat Australia in the final.

The Iraqi FA were not too impressed with my early reign...

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20Assessment.png

...so I just cut my losses...

2043%20Iraq%20Qut.png

...and took up a much more attractive Asian role:

2043%20S%20Korea.png

A quick update on South Korea as things stood when I took over...

They have continued to be one of the better Asian sides in this save, consistently qualifying for World Cups and even reaching the final in 2038. They haven't won the Asian Cup since 2027, but have performed well at the East Asian Cup winning the last four tournaments.

They have one world class player: Oh Soo-Hyung, who plays as a striker for AC Milan.

While the squad lacks star power beyond the above, there is a solid core of players and a lot of young talent to be brought up as shown by a victory in the U20 World Cup shortly after I took over.

My first official duties would be to qualify for the 2046 World Cup. We entered at the second round group stage with our opponents as follows:

2043%20WCQ%20Asia%202nd%20R.png

It would be an interesting tussle with Saudi to see who could come out on top

4 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

January 2043 International Update

Never one to stay away from the international scene for long, I took up an intriguing offer towards the end of 2042:

2042%20Iraq%20job.png

Iraq had just bombed out of the Gulf Cup and were looking for a new gaffer with the Asian Cup just a couple of weeks away. I was appointed, looking forward to tinkering with the squad and surprising a few people as we headed to Australia for the continental tournament.

Except I didn't realise until it was too late that the squad had already been chosen... It was a mess of 7 full-backs and one centre-back, no right wingers and out-of-form/shape strikers. The tournament did not go well:

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20v%20KSA.png

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20v%20DPRK.png

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20v%20Jordan.png

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20News.png

Saudi Arabia would go on to beat Australia in the final.

The Iraqi FA were not too impressed with my early reign...

2043%20Asian%20Cup%20Assessment.png

...so I just cut my losses...

2043%20Iraq%20Qut.png

...and took up a much more attractive Asian role:

2043%20S%20Korea.png

Hahaha...what a train wreck. They give you an impossible job and complain when it goes to ****... Best move you could have made!

Once Caldas 2043 Season Review

420.png
Quick Overview

Liga Aguila Apertura: 1st
Liga Aguila Apertura Play-Offs: Runners-up
Liga Aguila Clasura: 2nd
Liga Aguila Clasura Play-Offs: WINNERS!!
Copa Aguila: WINNERS!!
Copa Libertadores: 2nd Round

Liga Aguila Apertura Results | Apertura Play-off Results | Liga Aguila Clasura Results | Clasura Play-off Results | Copa Aguila Results | Copa Libertadores Results

Review
The apertura  was frustrating – after an opening day defeat, we went unbeaten all the way to the play-off final…. and lost. ☹ We managed to flip that fortune round in the clasura, however, scraping through the play-off group stage before beating table toppers Nacional in the final. We dominated in the cup to win for the first time under my management.

Progress of sorts in the Copa Libertadores as w made it out of the group stage. A closer look though reveals that we were still knocked out the first time we came across opponents from Argentina/Brazil…

Key Players
Carlos Guzman (AMR/ST) – fantastic season with the potential and time to get even better.
Wilson Quintero (AMC) – from the first youth intake after I arrived and now a first team regular.
Carlos Alberto Rendon (AMRC/ST) – stayed fit all season and bagged an amazing 66 goals in 69 appearances in all competitions!

Ones to watch
Mauro Suarez (YP2043a) – straight into the first team. One of my best youth players so far.

Transfers
I culled the first team squad this season, letting some fringe players and older heads go as I recruited young talent. Will I be able to keep the young stars of tomorrow here though or will they be tempted away by offers from Europe?
Transfer History

The Season Ahead...

More of the same and further progress in the Copa Libertadores please!

2043 South Korea Review

south-korea-hd-logo.png

Quick Overview:

2046 World Cup Qualifying (Asia): First group stage (on-going)

Results:

2043%20Korea%20Results.png

World Ranking (Dec 2043):

2043%20Rankings.png

Rankings Graph

My career in Korea (boom-tish! I'm here all week!) got off to a shaky start as we capitulated at home to recently crowned Asian champs, Saudi Arabia. We then went on a winning streak and made up for that loss with an injury time winner in Riyadh. With Saudi dropping points elsewhere (at home to Myanmar to be exact), qualification is in our hands:

2043%20Asia%20WCQ.png

Win through and we will enter the final round of the Asian qualifying marathon. With Japan hosting in 2046, our fans our itching to get there!

Oh Soo-Hyung lived up to his reputation on the pitch (and off it with the ladies so I hear) as our star player.

World Cup qualifying will dominate the action in 2044 as well with no regional or continental qualifiers or championships until 2045 (East Asian Cup, also hosted by Japan) at the earliest.

• 2 weeks later...

Once Caldas 2044 Season Review

420.png
Quick Overview

Liga Aguila Apertura Play-Offs: WINNERS!!
Liga Aguila Clasura: 1st
Superliga Aguila: WINNERS!!
Copa Aguila: WINNERS!!

Copa Libertadores: Group Stage
Copa Sudamericana: 1st Round

Liga Aguila Apertura Results | Apertura Play-off Results | Liga Aguila Clasura Results | Clasura Play-off Results | Cup Results | Continental Results

Review
Back to form on the home front. We started off with a mega-comeback in the Super Cup and then dominated picking up both the opening and closing stage titles and the cup at a canter – 72 domestic games though :eek:

We got a tough draw in the Libertadores – both a Brazilian and an Argentinian club in our group. We were never close to qualifying. Our cup win last season meant an appearance in the Copa Sudamericana too. We won through the qualifiers before… yep, coming unstuck against a Brazilian side…

Key Players
Whoops! Missed the cut off point before saving so no stats from this season ☹

Transfers
Transfer History
I got rid of a couple of players who wanted to join ‘Bigger Clubs’ but weren’t first-team picks… but then some of the actual first teamers started to kick up a fuss. One issue is that a lot of players insist on minimum release fees and as their stock rises, European teams swoop in. Two big losses this season were Rios – best young goalie I’ve seen in the game for a while – and Wilson Quintero (YP2041a), who left for Napoli. We also lost left-back Vesga but I managed to get a loan back clause inserted… Some rebuilding may be ahead.

The Season Ahead...
We are clearly the top team in Colombia now. We have to step up in Continental competition though…

2044 South Korea Review

south-korea-hd-logo.png

Quick Overview:

2046 World Cup Qualifying (Asia): Final Round (on-going)

Results:

2044%20Results.png

World Ranking (Dec 2044): 10th

2044%20World%20Rankings.png

Rankings Graph

We began the year by securing top spot in the Second Round Group Stage of Asian World Cup Qualifying:

2044%20WCQ%202ndR.png

Our final round group has been straightforward so far (apart from a dour goalless affair in Oman) and we have no doubt been helped by Iran and Saudi Arabia being in the other group and Japan not in the picture as they will host the 2046 FIFA Brown Envelope Extravaganza (what happened to Australia???)

2044%20WCQ%20Final%20Round.png

We have had an impressive climb up the rankings to 10th. Good to see my former team DR Congo up high as well.

Next year will see the conclusion of World Cup Qualifying and the East Asian Cup - also hosted by Japan. In fact, having checked the details, it seems the Japanese FA have gone for overkill. They have the Confederation Cup and East Asian Cup next year, the World Cup in 2046, and the Asian Cup just 6 months after that!

Almost caught up with where I am in the game now (nearing the end of 2045) so here is an update of my club career to date (including the 'lost years' :)

Season  | Club             | Nation        | League                | Position  | Cup(s)                  | Continental
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    | Assumption Utd   | Thailand      | Division 2 (Regional) | 4th       | N/A                     | N/A
2015    | Assumption Utd   | Thailand      | Division 2 (Regional) | Finalists | Early exits             | N/A
2016    | Assumption Utd   | Thailand      | Thai Division One     | 13th      | Early exits             | N/A
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | Al-Ahli Saida    | Lebanon       | Second Division       | 8th       | N/A                     | N/A
2017/18 | Al-Ahli Saida    | Lebanon       | Second Division       | 4th       | 3rd Round               | N/A
2018/19 | Al-Ahli Saida    | Lebanon       | Second Division       | 1st       | 1st Round               | N/A
2019/20 | Al-Ahli Saida    | Lebanon       | Premier Division      | 3rd       | Semis                   | N/A
2020    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur    | 5th       | Finalists               | N/A
2021    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur    | 1st!!     | WINNERS!!               | N/A
2022    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur    | 1st!!     | WINNERS!!               | N/A
2023    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur    | 1st!!     | 3rd Round               | O-League Semis
2024    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur    | 1st!!     | WINNERS!!               | O-League Final
2025    | A.S. Magenta     | New Caledonia | Division d'Honneur    | N/A       | N/A                     | O-League Semis
2024/25 | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League              | N/A       | Finals Series WINNERS!! | N/A
2025/26 | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League              | 4th       | Early exits             | ACL Group Stage
2026/27 | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League              | 1st!!     | Semis                   | N/A
2027/28 | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League              | 1st!!     | Finalists               | ACL Quarter-finals
2028/29 | Perth Glory      | Australia     | A-League              | N/A       | N/A                     | ACL WINNERS!! CWC 3rd
2028/29 | América          | Mexico        | Liga BBVA Bancomer MX | N/A-1st   | Clasura finalists       | CCL Quarter-finals
2029/30 | Asante Kotoko    | Ghana         | First Capital League  | 2nd       | Semis                   | CAF CL Prelim round
2030/31 | Asante Kotoko    | Ghana         | First Capital League  | 1st!!     | Super Cup WINNERS!!     | N/A
2031/32 | Asante Kotoko    | Ghana         | First Capital League  | 1st!!     | Early exits             | CAF CL Finalists
2032/33 | Asante Kotoko    | Ghana         | First Capital League  | 1st!!     | FA Cup WINNERS!!        | CAF CL WINNERS!! CWC 5th
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2033/34 | Team Wellington  | New Zealand   | NZFC                  | 1st!!     | Finalists               | O-League WINNERS!!
2034/35 | Team Wellington  | New Zealand   | NZFC                  | N/A       | N/A                     | CWC 5th
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2035    | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                   | 7th-14th  | US Cup 3rd Round        | N/A
2036    | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                   | 1st!-1st! | MLS & US Cup WINNERS!!  | N/A
2037    | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                   | 1st!-1st! | MLS & US Cup WINNERS!!  | CCL Quarter-finals
2038    | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                   | 1st!-1st! | MLS & US Cup WINNERS!!  | CCL Semi-finals
2039    | Seattle Sounders | U.S.A.        | MLS                   | 1st!-2nd  | MLS Semis & US Cup 4thR | CCL WINNERS!! CWC 3rd
2040    | Once Caldas      | Colombia      | Liga Aguila Clasura   | 2nd       | Copa Aguila 3rdR        | Copa Sud 1stR
2041a   | Once Caldas      | Colombia      | Liga Aguila Apertura  | 1st       | N/A                     | N/A
2041b   | Once Caldas      | Colombia      | Liga Aguila Clasura   | 3rd       | Copa Aguila Finalists   | N/A
2042a   | Once Caldas      | Colombia      | Liga Aguila Apertura  | 2nd       | N/A                     | Copa Lib Group Stage
2042b   | Once Caldas      | Colombia      | Liga Aguila Clasura   | 3rd       | Copa Aguila Semis       | N/A
2043a   | Once Caldas      | Colombia      | Liga Aguila Apertura  | 1st       | Superliga WINNERS!      | Copa Lib 2ndR
2043b   | Once Caldas      | Colombia      | Liga Aguila Clasura   | 1st       | Copa Aguila WINNERS!    | N/A
2044a   | Once Caldas      | Colombia      | Liga Aguila Apertura  | 1st       | Superliga WINNERS!      | Copa Lib Group Stage
2044b   | Once Caldas      | Colombia      | Liga Aguila Clasura   | 1st       | Copa Aguila WINNERS!    | Copa Sud 1stR

And here is an update of my international exploits to date:

Year | National Team     | IFIFA Ranking | Performance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019 | Lebanon U23s      | N/A           | Asian Games Runners-up
2020 | Iran U23s         | N/A           | Olympic Games Quarter-finalists
2023 | New Zealand U23s  | N/A           | Oceania Olympic Qualifying Tournament Winners
2023 | Bahrain U23s      | N/A           | Asian Games WINNERS!!
2024 | France U23s       | N/A           | Olympic Games Silver Medallists
2025 | Ivory Coast       | 29th          | Qualified for 2026 World Cup
2026 | Ivory Coast       | 25th          | Sacked after World Cup Group Stage Exit
2026 | Croatia U21s      | N/A           | Qualified for 2027 UEFA U21 Championship
2027 | Croatia U21s      | N/A           | UEFA U21 Championship Semi-finals
2027 | Trinidad & Tobago | 102nd         | Qualified for CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Third Phase
2028 | Trinidad & Tobago | 104th         | CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Third Phase; CFU Cup 3rd place
2029 | Trinidad & Tobago | 94th          | Gold Cup Group Stage
2031 | D.R. Congo        | 74th          | Friendlies...
2032 | D.R. Congo        | 42nd          | Qualified for 2033 African Cup of Nations
2033 | D.R. Congo        | 40th          | Cup of Nations Group Stage; Qualified for 2034 World Cup
2034 | D.R. Congo        | 19th          | World Cup 2nd Round; Qualified for 2035 Cup of Nations
2035 | D.R. Congo        | 17th          | Cup of Nations Finalists
2036 | D.R. Congo        | 36th          | Friendlies...
2037 | D.R. Congo        | 36th          | Cup of Nations Quarter-finals
2037 | South Africa      | 14th          | Defeated in Final Round of CAF World Cup Qualifying
2038 | Sweden            | 52nd          | Promoted from UEFA Nations League Division C
2039 | Sweden            | 41st          | Qualified for Euro 2040
2040 | Sweden            | 34th          | Euro 2040 2nd Round
2040 | Portugal U23s     | N/A           | Olympic 4th place
2040 | Portugal          | 4th           | Relegated from UEFA Nations League Division A
2041 | Portugal U20s     | N/A           | Toloun Tournamanet WINNERS!!
2041 | Portugal          | 6th           | Confederations Cup Finalists
2042 | Portugal          | 3rd           | World Cup Quarter-finals
2043 | Iraq              | 66th          | Asian Cup Group Stage
2043 | South Korea       | 23rd          | Started AFC World Cup Qualifying
2044 | South Korea       | 10th          | Advanced to Final Round of AFC World Cup Qualifying

The Hexagon Challenge

Progress so far in each of the major continental trophies:

Competition               | Continent     | Best Performance        | Club(s)         
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFC Champions League      | Asia          | WINNERS!! (2028)        | Perth Glory     
CAF Champions League      | Africa        | WINNERS!! (2032)        | Asante Kotoko   
CONCACAF Champions League | North America | WINNERS!! (2039)        | Seattle Sounders       
Copa Libertadores         | South America | 2nd Round (2043)        | Once Caldas
O-League                  | Oceania       | WINNERS!! (2034)        | Team Wellington
UEFA Champions League     | Europe        | N/A                     | N/A
FIFA Club World Cup       | Worldwide     | 3rd (2039)              | Seattle Sounders

Other competition wins (continental)

None so far!

The International Octagon

As I enjoy dabbling in international Management, I will have a secondary aim of capturing each continental championship as well along with the Confederation Cup and World Cup (of course!)

Competition                | Continent     | Best Performance   | Nation
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asian Cup                  | Asia          | Group Stage (2043) | Iraq
Copa America               | South America | N/A                | N/A
Cup of Nations             | Africa        | Finalists (2035)   | D.R. Congo 
Gold Cup                   | North America | Group Stage (2029) | Trinidad & Tobago
Oceania Nations Cup        | Oceania       | N/A                | N/A
UEFA European Championship | Europe        | 2nd Round (2040)   | Sweden
Confederations Cup         | Worldwide     | Finalısts (2041)   | Portugal
FIFA World Cup             | Worldwide     | Quarters (2042 )   | Portugal

Other competition wins (international)

Competition                | Continent | Nation/Year                          
----------------------------------------------------------------
Oceania Olympic Qualifying | Oceania   | New Zealand U23s (2023)                  
Asian Games                | Asia      | Bahrain U23s (2023)
Tournoi Espoirs de Toulon  | Worldwide | Portugal U20s (2041)

On 11.05.2017 at 23:55, Nobby_McDonald said:

Qualifying is going very well.

Yes, South Korea are proving to be a productive side to manage as you will see in the next international update. :)

3 hours ago, Golan said:

Very interesting, keep us updated!

Cheers @Golan :)

Once Caldas 2045 Apertura Review

420.png

The season has got off to a silverladen start. We kicked things off with the Superliga crown, dispatching Santa Fe (who are managed by a guy called 'Santa' - makes for some great headlines!) with ease.

We didn't exactly waltz to the title but we did a little jig on the way topping the regular season table, brushing the underside of the bar as we limboed through the group stage, and then winning the two-step/two-leg final.

But our best progress came in the Copa Libertadores (don't get excited - we haven't won it!)

Not only did we make the quarter-finals for the first time but we also knocked out one of those pesky Argentinian powerhouse teams. We were duly steamrollered by Cruzerio in the last eight but, hey, it's progress. :)

2045%20Copa%20Libertadores.png

July 2045 South Korea Update

south-korea-hd-logo.png

Two major pieces of news and one quirk of the funny old game:

World Cup Qualifying...

...wrapped up nice and early as we made everything mathematically certain with three games to go. We then promptly lost to Thailand as I dished out the debuts and tinkered with the team a bit.

2045%20FIFA%20World%20Cup%20AFC%20Qualif

East Asian Cup

Time for our regional tournament and a nice little warm up for Japan 2046. We started off with a dour draw with hosts Japan before securing top spot in the group and the title by doing the one thing our opponents couldn't - win a match! :D

2045%20EAFF%20East%20Asian%20Cup_%20Over

It took a while but I finally have a senior international tournament win to add to my trophy and triumph collection.

And a news item that made me do a double-take:

2045%20Ass%20man%20retirement.png

I knew my assistant was experienced but... wow! 32 years in the job :eek:

6 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Once Caldas and South Korea...jet lag, confusion, sake and beautiful women. That's how I'm imagining this save playing out. 

Oh yes - I've got the whole world in my hands. :D

Oh Soo Hyung is a great wingman when it comes to the beautiful ladies :brock:

13 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Is this Thailand's first time they have qualified for the World Cup?

Indeed it was. They have had 3rd-placed finishes at the last two Asian Cups so they have a decent current crop of players.

Your comment prompted me to check out the squad - I had assumed that as the leagues have been active for the entire save, they must have produced some star players but I was wrong... All bar one of the current squad is based in Thailand (the one is at PAOK in Greece) and no-one is valued higher than 500k. I think having an active league in the game has allowed them to develop a solid core of players rather than a couple of big names.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.05.2017 at 15:36, bigmattb28 said:

Great read I love doing journeyman saves myself, just wish my laptop would run as many leagues as this! What spec is yours? Mines a i5 processor.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I have an i7 processor (2.4 GHz), 8GB RAM, and an Nvidia  630M video card - starting to show its age a bit but it handles the leagues quite well (does hang on June 20th for a couple of minutes though!)

I have used the add/remove league feature extensively to remove all leagues from a continent when I am done there, excluding the ones where I have managed.

For a future save, I will probably go for a less is more approach - fewer options means decisions about moving on will be easier!

Once Caldas 2045 Season Review

420.png
Quick Overview
Liga Aguila Apertura Play-Offs: WINNERS!!
Liga Aguila Clasura: 1st
Copa Aguila: 3rd Round

Copa Libertadores: Quarter-finals
Copa Sudamericana: 2nd Preliminary Round

Liga Aguila Apertura Results | Apertura Play-off Results | Liga Aguila Clasura Results | Clasura Play-off Results | Cup Results | Continental Results

Review
The sense of progress from the first half of the season did not carry over to the second half. Sure, we cantered to another clasura crown but we lacked our usual swagger. We were beaten in the cup and, most worryingly of all, we couldn’t get past Olimpia of Paraguay in the Copa Sudamericana. Too many first teamers have gone to Brazilian or European clubs leaving us with a healthy bank balance but no depth to the squad – that is a huge problem when you are playing 80 games in a season!

Key Players
Leonardo Uribe (MC) – best player we have but attracting a lot of interest from elsewhere…
Juan Guerrero (AMC) – our second best new signing, slotted straight into the first team when our regular AMCs were injured.
Robinson Velandia (AMRL/ST) – here’s a player who really came into his own this year.
William Mina (AMR/ST) – our best new signing, scoring plenty and making sure the injured Rendon wasn’t missed.

Transfers
Transfer History

It is getting hard to hold onto players. Interest from a top Brazilian side or a half-decent European one and they want to leave. I have to face a choice between keeping unhappy players or potentially being set back a few years. Offers are already coming in as part of the European winter transfer window – if I lose many more first teamers, I may have to consider moving on.

The Season Ahead...
We have to hold onto our best players and keep snapping up top youngsters from other clubs to stay at this level.

2045 South Korea Review

south-korea-hd-logo.png

Quick Overview:

2045 East Asian Cup: WINNERS!!!
2046 World Cup Qualifying (Asia): Qualified (1st in Final Round Group A)

Results:

2045%20Results.png

World Ranking (Dec 2045): 27th

2045%20Rankings.png

Rankings Graph

All targets met this year as we booked our place in Japan 2046 and went to Japan to win the East Asian Cup. We did let our foot off the pedal somewhat in the last couple of qualifiers and yet even with those defeats, it seems bit bizarre that we have slumped in the World Rankings right after qualifying for the World Cup and winning a regional tournament...

Star players were:

• Kim Jung-Bin, a rock at the heart of defence
  • Song Sung-Wook, 'cause it ain't over till Song has Sung or something like that
  • ...and ladies' man Oh Soo-Hyung, still letting it all out when it counts.

See you in Japan next summer!

6 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

I have an i7 processor (2.4 GHz), 8GB RAM, and an Nvidia  630M video card - starting to show its age a bit but it handles the leagues quite well (does hang on June 20th for a couple of minutes though!)

I have used the add/remove league feature extensively to remove all leagues from a continent when I am done there, excluding the ones where I have managed.

For a future save, I will probably go for a less is more approach - fewer options means decisions about moving on will be easier!

That's an issue. I always want to have as many leagues as possible because I think "you never know", but the truth, I know I am not going to manage in most of the leagues I load, and my laptop punishes me..

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

That's an issue. I always want to have as many leagues as possible because I think "you never know", but the truth, I know I am not going to manage in most of the leagues I load, and my laptop punishes me..

One idea I have for a future save is to use a random list generator to select ten leagues for me and then just go from there - it could throw up some interesting options!

"Boss?"

Oh lord, it was Daniel Lopez again, no doubt to say he needed more time for his coaching course for the twenty-fourth time ... It was Emmanuel Waimo all over again...

"Draw's in for the Copa Libertadores boss."

Ah! How had he forgotten about that? Quickly turning away from the laptop screen (page 49 of 'Redemption for the "Nearly Men" of Europe' would have to wait), the media-dubbed 'wily old manager' turned to his hapless colleague.

"We got Atletico Minerio again boss."

B*****ks! He was hoping to avoid... no, wait... save the Brazilian and Argentinian teams for the later rounds for a more memorable triumph (he would surely convince himself of that eventually).

"And then.... sorry boss, tough one to pronounce this... El Tanque Sisley."

"How is that tough to pronounce? Isn't Spanish your first language?"

"Er... yes, boss. Too many headers when I was a player boss."

OK.... "Anyway, what about the other team?"

"Oh, they are The Strongest."

Balls! "Who? Boca? River? Out with it Lopez!"

"I already told you boss."

"Minerio?"

"No, boss. The Strongest..."

"Which fu...? Just give me that news report..."

2046%20Copa%20Lib%20Draw.png

After re-reading a few times, it finally clicked... Second place and progress to the Second Round would be the target.

OK, so the Copa Libertadores has been a strange one so far. On the back of a pre-season in which I refused to sell any more players and therefore had a couple of sulkers in the squad, we blew a lead at home to draw 3-3 with Atletico Mineiro and then lost away to El Tanque Sisley... However, we would bounce back with this result in Brazil:

2046%20Atletico%20Minero.png

And here is that wonderful chipped shot from 60 metres - just look at how the keeper waits until he's back inside his box to dive for the ball when it's already 10 metres beyond him :D

37 minutes ago, ranbon99 said:

Nice win

Cheers :) It was a pleasant surprise as the pattern up to now when playing away to Brazilian or Argentinian sides has been to try and avoid a heavy defeat. Here, they just rolled over for us!

I have started to get an increasing number of offers from England and I am becoming increasingly tempted to take one of them.

Everton, Sunderland, and Man Utd have all made approaches but all are struggling in the bottom-half of the Premier League and I don't like the look of their squads.

The most intriguing offer came from Exeter of all places. After I turned down Sunderland, their manager went to The Stadium of  Depressing Gloom Light, having brought them up to the top flight. They were 12th at the time of the interview and looked to have a decent squad. I was very close to saying 'yes!' but I want the UEFA Champions League to be the final glory so I am staying put for now.

On 26/05/2017 at 21:12, DodgeeD said:

You think yours is aging. I have a i3 1.8GHz and 4GB RAM.

On 31.05.2017 at 00:52, Nobby_McDonald said:

You think yours is aging. I have a i3 1.8GHz and 4GB RAM.

Aging is a them of upcoming posts :brock:

I have had my laptop for 3 and a half years. It's fine but only two issues with it:

1.The dual screencard Nvidia/Intel problem. Windows 10 stopped games from recognising the Nvidia card. I fixed the problem after trying out about 20 different solutions found online only for the recent 'anniversary update' to screw it up again. I haven't been able to fix it this time even with the same method. That means my Nvidia card is pretty much useless and my Intel one is working overtime!

2. I bought it while living in Turkey from a Turkish manufacturer (Casper) and they don't have any official updates on their website (that would be one way to solve the issue apparently)

It's a long process but I am working on persuading my wife to let me buy a dedicated gaming PC next. :cool:

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

As the Andes unfolded below him and his team snored around him, he knew this would be a long flight with no sleep even after an extra helping of whiskey miniatures.

Sure, they had lost some hot prospects to the glitzy lure of Europe and they had slipped up again El Tanque Sisley but the Atletico Minerio match was supposed to be the turning point. Even The Strongest team couldn't stop them as the reached the knockout rounds.

2046%20Lbertadores%20Group.png

A strong showing as one of the best second-place teams meant a winnable tie with Colo Colo of Chile in the last sixteen.

But it wasn't to be - they hadn't even come close. A shock defeat back home in Manizales and then a lacklustre draw in the return, they hadn't even come close.

2046%20Colo%20Colo.png2046%20Libertadores.png

The underperformance had also affected their domestic form as they had come up short in the apertura play-offs...

But what really hurt were the media comments. They hadn't turned on him... not yet at least.... but those words  had stuck in his head worse than MMMBop

Wily he could handle. Cunning. Tactically alert. Master of mind games. They might have been better choices but wily was fine.

But old.... they had called him old...

Fair enough, he was 68 but that had been a wake up call. He had a dream to do The Hex and time was running out.

Did he have time to rebuild at Once Caldas? He looked at Daniel Lopez, drool dripping from the corner of his mouth as he sleep blissfully. Unlike him, Dodgson couldn't take the repeated failure....

He took one more whiskey and made up his mind. He would take his South Korean team to Japan, raise his stock in the eyes of the world once again and take his quest elsewhere.

Once Caldas 2046 Apertura Review

420.png
Quick Overview
Liga Aguila Apertura: 2nd
Liga Aguila Apertura Play-Offs: Quarter-finals

Copa Aguila: Qualified from group stage (on-going)

Copa Libertadores: 2nd Round

Liga Aguila Apertura Results | Cup Results | Continental Results

Review
This feels like a big step backwards. Aside from the cup, we lacked our usual swagger in the league and we are now back to struggling against Uruguayan and Chilean sides continentally.

Key Players
Hector Nunez (DC) - always great to have academy products making the grade
Juan Guerrero (AMC) - continued last season's form
Carlos Alberto Rendon (ST) - initially dropped in favour of Mina then injured for a spell but when Mina hit  a barren patch, he reminded us of what he is all about.

Transfers
I stemmed the flow of players out as we only lost young centre back Arango. However, others are unhappy at not being allowed to move and as the summer comes, big clubs are circling... On top of all that, several of my first team are now getting international call-ups, which in South America,means missing key games.
Transfer History

What next?
The World Cup then... who knows?

June 2046 South Korea World Cup Build-Up

south-korea-hd-logo.png

With the Colombian league now on an extended break for the World Cup, it's time to switch my focus back to Korea.

We have played the following warm-up friendlies:

Schedule_%20%20Main%20Fixtures.png

Back in March, we went to my old stomping ground in Lisbon and, well, got stomped on.

The warm-up friendlies have been nothing short of spectacular though as we breezed through each game including a highly impressive win over a quality Colombia team.

And now we await our group stage games. Nigeria will be the key - beat them and we are set. Worst case scenario would be heading into the final game with Brazil needing a result.

But that's not gonna happen.

This is going to be big, very big.

HUGE!

Whoops! In my excitement, forgot to post screenies of my key players:

Kim Jung-Bin (DR) - one of those strange players that the media always want me to drop but consistently performs well (I'm guessing he has a low rep in the game)

Lee Yong-Ho (DC) - a recent addition to the squad but already our best central defender (even if he is a bit Gung-ho at times :D )

Song Sung-Wook (AMR) - the matches simply aren't over until fat Song Sung (or something like that)

Oh Soo-Hyung (ST) - and where would we be without lotharioic Mr Hyung, who always has the ladies hyung-ing around the team hotel

World Cup Preview: Japan 2046

1301385_3.png

Hosts: Japan
Holders: Germany

Group Stage Draw

2046%20FIFA%20World%20Cup%20Preview%20AB2046%20FIFA%20World%20Cup%20Preview%20CD2046%20FIFA%20World%20Cup%20Preview%20EF2046%20FIFA%20World%20Cup%20Preview%20GH

No real 'Group of Death' but based on current world rankings, I'd have to dub Groups E & G as ones that might smart a bit. Jamaica seemed to have landed in the 'Group of Potentially Sadistic Spanking' as well.

The usual suspects of Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Argentina and Brazil are the favourites. However, any fan with a deep passion for the game knows South Korea are the team to watch. Look out for them to bloody a few noses - but hopefully, not their own! :D

World Cup Report: South Korea v. Nigeria

135_1.png38.png

Before...

Dodgson awoke with a start. He creaky old knee slammed into the tray and the lukewarm liquid of a bloody mary & sake mix that had no business soaring through the sky dripped onto his lap...

Ugh... a plane again. Where to this time?  Just as that Swedish guy had warned him, it was a blur of jet lag and confusion as he traversed the Pacific on the way to the World Cup.

But where were the beautiful women that had been foretold? As he looked up from the awkwardly positioned wet patch on his trousers, he saw one in the shape of a Korean Air flight attendant.

"Lee Ki-Wong?" she questioned.

"Err... wha... No, I... it's the drink..."

She smiled and held out the in-flight phone. "Lee Ki-Wong, sir, for you."

Ah! Lee Ki-Wong, star of his Perth Glory glory days and now on his South Korean national team coaching staff.

"What is it?" asked Dodgson. "Couldn't it wait till I land?"

"Sorry, sir but I have been looking into the Nigeria team. I don't think it's going to be as easy as you think."

"Oh, come on. They are a decent team, couple of good but aging players,  no depth to the squad and a suspect keeper. I know. I've managed in Africa before."

"But sir, times have changed. These guys are really good. They have more than one world class player and  there's Mbah - star striker for Man City, hotly tipped to win the Golden Boot and...."

"Mbah, blah, blah. Stop fretting Lee. Let me worry about Nigeria. See you in Japan!"

With that he hung up and returned to his in-flight movie Star Wars Episode 17: The The Return of the Last Clone Jedi Menace.

2046%20WC%201%20South%20Korea%20v%20Nige

Mbah! :eek:

World Cup Report: Hungary v. South Korea

773.png135_1.png

2046%20WC%202%20Hungary%20v%20South%20Ko

After...

"Good game, my friend. A deserved win, I have to admit. I thought we were going to get you at the end though."

Dodgson looked the bespectacled septuagenarian Hungarian manager up and down. Here was a manager who was 'old'. Not wily, but definitely 'old'

"Pah! We let you have one more goal to spare you abject humiliation," blasted the under fire South Korean boss. "2 games in and you're out... Only pride to play for against Nigeria for you now. You might think you're 'going to get them' but you will crumble and fail like your grandmother's apple strudel."

He walked off in ahuff leaving the dumbfounded Hungarian boss to wipe the spittle off his lenses.

A shocked Lee Ki-Wong awaited. "Er... boss, that was a bit harsh, wasn't it boss? We need them in good spirits to nick a win in that Nigeria game after all."

"Reverse psychology, my friend" whispered Dodgson with a wink. "That'll fire them up to show Nigeria what they are made of.We simply win our last game as do Brazil and they take care of the Nigerians for us."

"Er... we're playing Brazil boss. They are the team we have to be beat."

"Yeah, yeah, I...." Damn jet lag...

Archived