Ridiculous retirements and free transfers.

I've moved on from my first summer transfer window, so I didn't list all the players, but I'll endeavour to do so from now on.

As happened regularly in previous versions, there are some crazy retirements, of players still in their prime.

There are also players on free transfers that quite simply would never end up on frees.

Peter Crouch, Tomas Rosicky - both 34, granted, but not likely to retire in Summer 2015, surely?

Roberto Pereyra & Leandro Paredes on frees?!

Is it a coincidence that that these are Argentinian players playing in Italy? Probably.

Way too high quality just to be sat there on frees with no clubs interested. Unrealistic.

Will replay the transfer window and list the other weird anomalies.

Paredes moved on a loan deal but Roma didn't have enough non-EU registration available. He was signed by Chievo instead. He landed a temporary deal with Roma - but it's temporary.

Likely he was let go in the game because of non-EU registration places available.

Peryera is on a loan deal at Juve with an option to buy. He obviously wasn't bought by Juve in the game and likely his contract on the other side ran out.

There has been a few reports of free or cheap world class Argentinians in the game.

You should report these in the relevant bugs forum.

I got Roberto Pereyra for free too. He has become a world class midfielder and can play almost anywhere on the pitch. I still can't believe I got him for free, there wasn't even any other clubs trying to get him. Unbelievable.

He only asked for about £60/70k a week and still no one else was interested.

I may have some possible answers...

34 years old is an age where players are now past their peak (unless your a goalkeeper) and so, these players will start to think about their futures. A lot of players actually retire between the ages of 34 and 36 I think. To be fair, even if in reality Peter Crouch wouldn't even think about retiring at the end of this season, the game isn't reality and it makes it's own future and can't determine what will happen in reality. If it could, we'd all be rich from betting on it :D

Free transfers usually happen because the player no longer wants to play for his current club, nobody will buy him because of his demands or the clubs valuation and when he becomes a free transfer, nobody still wants to meet his demands.

Another point might be that you have too many players in the database and not enough clubs, so the clubs that would possibly buy him in a nicely weighted database won't in fact need them because they already have someone else.

I've always used the same leagues and same database size. It's only been a problem in FM15.

There has been a few reports of free or cheap world class Argentinians in the game.

You should report these in the relevant bugs forum.

I knew the Argentinian thing didn't look like a coincidence!!

Here are some more:

Sergio Araujo

Guillermo Burdisso

Damian Martinez

Another point might be that you have too many players in the database and not enough clubs

I'm on a Large DB, with 6 Nations:

England: Prem, Champ

Italy: Serie A

Spain: Liga BBVA

France: Ligue 1

Germany: Bundesliga 1

Is this too few leagues for a Large DB?

I got Roberto Pereyra for free too. He has become a world class midfielder and can play almost anywhere on the pitch. I still can't believe I got him for free, there wasn't even any other clubs trying to get him. Unbelievable.

He only asked for about £60/70k a week and still no one else was interested.

I know - he's awesome, but I almost feel bad signing him!

It's just too damned easy!

Maybe I should just smile and accept the FM gift!

Another point might be that you have too many players in the database and not enough clubs

I'm on a Large DB, with 6 Nations:

England: Prem, Champ

Italy: Serie A

Spain: Liga BBVA

France: Ligue 1

Germany: Bundesliga 1

Is this too few leagues for a Large DB?

and you wonder why you have an issue?

You have around 124 playable clubs with say approx 35-40 players per club including reserves. That makes 5000 players needed to fill those squads, add in players for non-playable clubs and a few spare players and 15k-20k would be more than enough.

How many did you load? 50k? more? and you wonder why players can't find clubs.

and you wonder why you have an issue?

OK mate, easy now.

I was asking for advice, so thank you for that, but there's no need to be patronising about it. We're not all experts - I asked for help.

I'll try setting up more leagues, but I've been burnt in the past playing this game with too many leagues set up reducing performance.

OK mate, easy now.

I was asking for advice, so thank you for that, but there's no need to be patronising about it. We're not all experts - I asked for help.

I'll try setting up more leagues, but I've been burnt in the past playing this game with too many leagues set up reducing performance.

You weren't asking for advice you were blaming the game for your own faults.

There have been many, many threads over the last two years on the forum talking about similar issues and the importance of balancing your setup.

If you don't want more leagues reduce the database and that goes a long way to solve your issue, in fact even if you increase the number of leagues still select a small database.

EDIT

One of those discussion threads was one you even started yourself on 29.12.13 - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/379926-Excellent-young-players-retiring-way-too-early?p=9318091#post9318091

Good to see you listened to the advice you were given then :rolleyes:

You weren't asking for advice you were blaming the game for your own faults.

There have been many, many threads over the last two years on the forum talking about similar issues and the importance of balancing your setup.

If you don't want more leagues reduce the database and that goes a long way to solve your issue, in fact even if you increase the number of leagues still select a small database.

EDIT

One of those discussion threads was one you even started yourself on 29.12.13 - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/379926-Excellent-young-players-retiring-way-too-early?p=9318091#post9318091

Good to see you listened to the advice you were given then :rolleyes:

Thank you again for your advice, and sorry that I have clearly failed to remember everything that happened in 2013.

Perhaps when others ask for help in future you might deign to be a little less supercilious or, alternatively, just refrain from answering if you find it difficult to do it gracefully.

Peter Odemwingie is the latest retiree.

Again, he's 33, but you'd think there'd be a club in for him.

I've added more leagues, but can't see how to retrospectively change the game to Medium or Small database, so I suspect it can't be done.

Will see if the addition of extra leagues makes a difference...

• 3 weeks later...

Switched to managing Grimsby.

Loads of great lower league players retiring.

And this time I've got loads of leagues set up on a medium database.

Darcy Blake (26)

Isaiah Osbourne (27)

Retiring because their agents won't listen to offers, so they leave the game instead.

Darcy Blake (26)

Isaiah Osbourne (27)

Retiring because their agents won't listen to offers, so they leave the game instead.

Oh boy. Can't they reduce their demands? Just retire? Or sack that damned agent! This is ridiculous really!

I've reported this issue around last month and they took notice of it. Any bugs that you want to report requires you sending a copy of the game before the bug materialize. So please report this on bug forum, and send them your savegame.

The bugs that I reported were on getting World Class Players on free transfers around 4 months after he didn't have contract (it was Paul Pogba when he was 26). Initially the were long arguments from people that they see nothing wrong with that but one of SI's developer saw that and he knew that it was wrong for it to happen. No WCP should have zero interest after they ran out of contract at fantastic age, and even worse, still no interest after 4 months. I remember him mentioned it MIGHT be something wrong with the Italian League contract AI.

2nd was the ridiculously cheap Argentinians. They also said it is a known issue.

About players retiring early, I'm not sure whether it has been notified. Interesting enough in my game, I got Pirlo retiring around 43/44 years old. Its possible, but still interesting.

So please, do report on bug forum.

Darcy Blake (26)

Isaiah Osbourne (27)

That is surely a bug, although it has been in the game for as long as I've played it

Gotze on a free in 2017 in my first save with Man Utd, He'd been unhappy for at least a season with Bayern but he was without a club til I snapped him up towards the end of July. Even if he did leave on a free I think he'd have a club lined up!

That is surely a bug, although it has been in the game for as long as I've played it

Yes, it has. A few releases were particularly prone to this happening.

Darcy Blake was offered a contract by me that met every one of his criteria.

His agent wanted £38k fee, non-negotiable. Over twice my overall transfer budget at Grimsby!

Negotiations failed, and the player retired the week after.

Ridiculous state of affairs!

I've moved on from my first summer transfer window, so I didn't list all the players, but I'll endeavour to do so from now on.

As happened regularly in previous versions, there are some crazy retirements, of players still in their prime.

There are also players on free transfers that quite simply would never end up on frees.

Peter Crouch, Tomas Rosicky - both 34, granted, but not likely to retire in Summer 2015, surely?

Roberto Pereyra & Leandro Paredes on frees?!

Is it a coincidence that that these are Argentinian players playing in Italy? Probably.

Way too high quality just to be sat there on frees with no clubs interested. Unrealistic.

Will replay the transfer window and list the other weird anomalies.

Well, in my game Smalling, Evans, Fletcher, Anderson, Young, Carrick and Cleverley all left on free. I can say totally not realistic.

Because nobody would buy them with 6 months or 1 year left on the contract for a lot of money, I don't want to sell them for $2M, nobody gives more, and I don't want to give them 4-year contract extensions since they are backup players at best but have huge salary demands.

This bug has been registered and documented countless times on these forums since at least 2006 or 2007, when I first got aware of it. I am not willing to buy yet another version of the game just in order to document that it is still there, but I have no problems believing that the issue is still around.

Sadly we've never been able to create any real momentum behind the reports and I guess they in the end were neglected.

Archived