[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

No problem, you are doing far too much work on this anyway! I loved the 2014 edition more than the vanilla game, and I'm sure it'll be the same this time round.

Means I can start planning the Watford squad I will add to the game when the db is released. Cheers

Well Watford have a 40m transfer budget starting out, so that won't be a problem, building a team for them will be alot of fun! And remember with transfer budgets and wages alot lower now, players are much more affordable. :thup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be a pain and keep making squad suggestions, but you DB really interests me and I keep going over your line ups

It’s obviously only my opinions but for Blackburn I think that they need Wilcox and Ripley as they were key players in their championship winning team, and the only 2 missing from the squad. Jeff Kenna too maybe at RB? (or just make Berg a CB/RB as i think Kenna replaced him at RB) + Tugay, one of the best players ive seen for Blackburn

Jason Euell in the Wimbledon squad, but you gave them 4 strikers so maybe as a youth player? You could also rest Nigel Reo-Coker & Jobi McAnuff to youth players too as they are floating in the DB somewhere

Tony Yeboah in Leeds to replace Robbie Keane (after you moved him to Wolves)?

I don’t know anything about Sunderland’s history so was interested to see how close Niall Quinn was to getting into their squad as it’s a shame he didn’t make it in (esp. for the Rep of Ire squad)

After release are you going to continue adding to the DB at the same rate or just make the odd tweak? I only ask as I did the same thing with Serie A in PES and can send the squads if they would help?

Great database, really looking forward to it. Tottenham are missing a lot of there ex players, players like Blanchflower, Ardiles, Gascoigne, Klinsmann, Sheringham, Anderton, Perryman, Campbell, Villa, Allen and Klinsmann. What clubs are all these players with?

Sorry to be a pain and keep making squad suggestions, but you DB really interests me and I keep going over your line ups

It’s obviously only my opinions but for Blackburn I think that they need Wilcox and Ripley as they were key players in their championship winning team, and the only 2 missing from the squad. Jeff Kenna too maybe at RB? (or just make Berg a CB/RB as i think Kenna replaced him at RB) + Tugay, one of the best players ive seen for Blackburn

Jason Euell in the Wimbledon squad, but you gave them 4 strikers so maybe as a youth player? You could also rest Nigel Reo-Coker & Jobi McAnuff to youth players too as they are floating in the DB somewhere

Tony Yeboah in Leeds to replace Robbie Keane (after you moved him to Wolves)?

I don’t know anything about Sunderland’s history so was interested to see how close Niall Quinn was to getting into their squad as it’s a shame he didn’t make it in (esp. for the Rep of Ire squad)

After release are you going to continue adding to the DB at the same rate or just make the odd tweak? I only ask as I did the same thing with Serie A in PES and can send the squads if they would help?

Hi Carninho,

Firstly, please be a pain, i am immune to pain having worked on this database for the last year.

Thanks for the interest, I really appreciate it, i hope you like my work.

Here is what I have done.

Jason Wilcox and Stuart Ripley is now at Blackburn. However there is no point in players being at a club if they are just surplus to requirements and i do think it is important that all squads are balanced and have roughly the same numbers. With that in mind, i have shipped Mark Atkins to Scunthorpe. In regards to Jeff Kenna, he just won't make the blackburn team, so i have sent him to Birmingham instead. What you must appreciate is that I have included players for 1800 - 2016 and therefore there were better players overall in jeffs position. I have also given Blackburn Tugay.

Jason Euell is now in Wimbledon, reo-coker in wimbledon and jobi mcanuff too. Again in order to balance wimbledon who had too many players, i have sent Glyn Hodges to Watford and Efan Ekoku to Bournemouth. I have also shipped trond anderson to norwegian first division. Molde FC.

Tony Yeboah is now at Leeds & Niall Quinn is now at Sunderland.

after release i am going to rest. I might add to the database if i get the time to do so, but i am not going to promise anything that i can't deliver. i promised to deliver this and I am keeping my promise to the community which is the best online community, and i would like to thank the whole community including Miles Jacobson and Sports Interactive. All the Moderators on here who do a brilliant job. This is a thriving online community who shares a great passion for the game of football. All the work, effort, research and perseverance is worth it because this is such a great community and deserves to enjoy this update. Once the game is released, i will take a break and then i may add to it, and update again but no promises! :)

no ally mccoist at scotland? ;(

He does play for Rangers but he doesn't make the team... As great as Ally was, Scotland have had so many greater players in his position since 1880... :thup:

THE GRAND TORINO

Among the most successful clubs in Italy, Torino have won the league title seven times. Between 1942 and 1949, the club won five successive league titles, tying the all-time record, as well as becoming the first Italian club to win the double.

Presenting to you today, The Grand Torino - The Greatest Team in all of Italy - They dominated the Italian league in the 40's. We welcome back The Grand Torino's, and we also welcome back the best of the rest of Torino today. Some of the finest talent to ever grace the world of football played for this team in the forties.

Then in 1949 the worst thing imaginable happened, every single player and staff died in a plane crash, there were no survivors. A horrific event which shook the whole of football to its very core. So much fine talent and abilities went down on that plane.

"Ernest Erbstein’s Torino had already put into practice – in the forties – tactical concepts that have only been fully assimilated in recent years, that Torino came to the conclusion that it was not a matter of attackers, half-backs and full-backs. They were able to create, ahead of their time, a remarkable symbiosis between each position added to the undeniable modernity of the system, the whole squad was of a remarkable technical level.” Amedeo Amadei

Such was their dominance of the domestic game that, on one occasion, Torino provided 10 of the starting XI for an Italy international game against Hungary. Symbolically, it was former Italy coach Vittorio Pozzo who took on the responsibility of identifying the bodies of the Torino players and management following the crash which took the lives of all on board the Fiat G-212 plane on the Superga hilltop, overlooking Turin.

18 great players died that afternoon: Valerio Bacigalupo, Aldo Ballarin, Dino Ballarin, Emile Bongiorni, Eusebio Castigliano, Rubens Fadini, Guglielmo Gabetto, Ruggero Grava, Giuseppe Grezar, Ezio Loik, Virgilio Maroso, Danilo Martelli, Valentino Mazzola, Romeo Menti, Piero Operto, Franco Ossola, Mario Rigamonti and Giulio Schubert.

We honour all those players and staff by recreating the team, the management and the chairman and releasing them here today. The Grande Torino were no ordinary champions. They dominated Italian football in the forties and became a symbol of resurgent post-war Italy, whether in the granata of Toro or the azzurri of the national team. We remember the men who lost their lives in the Superga air disaster on 4 May 1949…....

Chairman: Urbano Roberto Cairo (Ferruccio Novo)

Manager: Ernest Erbstein

Assistant Manager: Leslie Lievesley

Coach: Mario Sperone

GT1_zpse9zsqhjm.png

Fenech any chance of Germany having some noisey neighbours .....

The best ever Austrian 23 men squad

GOALKEEPERS:

Walter ZEMAN

Rudolf HIDEN

DEFENDERS:

Bruno PEZZEY

Josef BLUM

Erich OBERMAYER

Karl SESTA

Josef SMISTIK

Ernst HAPPEL

Walter NAUSCH

Robert SARA

MIDFIELDERS:

Ernst OCWIRK

Karl DECKER

Gerhard HANAPPI

Fritz GSCHWEIDL

Andreas HERZOG

Ernst STOJASPAL

Karl KOLLER

Herbert PROHASKA

ATTACKERS:

Franz BINDER

Theodor WAGNER

Hans KRANKL

Matthias SINDELAR

Anton POLSTER

Binder and Krankl were definitely in the 2014 db as I remember them. Binder had one of the highest CA's in the entire db.

Also you left Josef Bican out of that list.

Binder and Krankl where I n last time your right but I didn't leave Josef Bican out hes just in this list

[TABLE=class: tablebg, width: 100%]

[TR=class: row1]

[TD=class: row, align: center] [/TD]

[TD=class: row, width: 100%]

Czechoslovakia All Stars

CZECHOSLOVAKIA ALL STARS

icon_topic_latest.gif

Zzpuy.png

TLPad.jpg

Honours:

FIFA World Cup

Runners-up (2): 1934, 1962

UEFA European Championship

Winners (1): 1976

Third place (2): 1960. 1980

COACH: Czech%20Republic.gifAustria.gifRudolf VYTLAČIL

TlUAa.jpg

The best ever Czechoslovakian players 23-man squad

GOALKEEPERS:

František PLÁNIČKA

Viliam SCHROJF

Ivo VIKTOR

DEFENDERS:

Jaroslav BURGR

Ladislav NOVÁK

Ján POPLUHÁR

Karol DOBIAŠ

Koloman GÖGH

Anton ONDRUŠ

Ladislav JURKEMIK

MIDFIELDERS:

Karel PEŠEK

Svatopluk PLUSKAL

Josef MASOPUST

Andrej KVAŠŇÁK

Antonín PANENKA

Marián MASNÝ

Ľubomír MORAVČÍK

FORWARDS:

František SVOBODA

Antonín PUČ

Oldřich NEJEDLÝ

Josef BICAN

Jozef ADAMEC

Zdeněk NEHODA

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I'd say Bican did more for Austria, getting them to a World Cup semi-final. Plus his Czech teammates didn't even like him.

Close call though and he could go for either team. I personally would consider him Austrian though.

Just the players of recent years that I do know make me want to manage that Torino side - Vieri Scifo Lentini Marchegiani :) Bobo Vieri will be the first name on my shortlist of any team i manage.

If your ok with a few more suggestions then:

I had a look at Bayern & again just my opinion but I’d move Mario Gotze back to Dortmund then add in either Owen Hargreaves or Stefan Effenberg. Lizarazu was the best European attacking LB of his time, he was a Bordeaux first if there is no room.

Is Boban in the game? I didn’t see him in the Milan squad he was there 10 years, but didn’t play 200 games, so maybe not a top legend. He did play in all the big games of that period though.

Ciro Ferrara would be in my Juve team. It would be easy to drop Chiellini to Fiorentina, IF you wanted to fit him in? Ferrara played in the Maradona Napoli team so again he could be moved to Naples instead (he played 250 games for each club)?

I assume the FM14 legends are all retained in this new DB so I really should be checking that first before suggesting missing players (but I'm bored at work and enjoying going through your screenshots...).

Nesta as captain? Surely Maldini or Baresi would be more appropriate, no?

(Constructive criticism - great work overall)

i disagree, of course it is a matter of opinion, i think that Nesta showed more 'Leadership' Skills however there is no doubt Maldini would be a great choice as captain.. I suppose I might have gone with Baresi although Nesta is two years older and one year older that Maldini. Or it could be that I just preferred Nestas photo!

I'd say Bican did more for Austria, getting them to a World Cup semi-final. Plus his Czech teammates didn't even like him.

Close call though and he could go for either team. I personally would consider him Austrian though.

Bican was in 2014 and he is still Austrian.

Binder and Krankl were definitely in the 2014 db as I remember them. Binder had one of the highest CA's in the entire db.

Also you left Josef Bican out of that list.

That's right, Binder and Bican were both in 2014.

Just the players of recent years that I do know make me want to manage that Torino side - Vieri Scifo Lentini Marchegiani :) Bobo Vieri will be the first name on my shortlist of any team i manage.

If your ok with a few more suggestions then:

I had a look at Bayern & again just my opinion but I’d move Mario Gotze back to Dortmund then add in either Owen Hargreaves or Stefan Effenberg. Lizarazu was the best European attacking LB of his time, he was a Bordeaux first if there is no room.

Is Boban in the game? I didn’t see him in the Milan squad he was there 10 years, but didn’t play 200 games, so maybe not a top legend. He did play in all the big games of that period though.

Ciro Ferrara would be in my Juve team. It would be easy to drop Chiellini to Fiorentina, IF you wanted to fit him in? Ferrara played in the Maradona Napoli team so again he could be moved to Naples instead (he played 250 games for each club)?

I assume the FM14 legends are all retained in this new DB so I really should be checking that first before suggesting missing players (but I'm bored at work and enjoying going through your screenshots...).

Hey Carninho,

Gotze has been shipped to Dortmund and I have given Hargreaves to Bayern.

Effenberg is a youth at BMG

Lizarazu is at Bordeaux again a youth

Boban is a youth at Dinamo.

Ferrara is a youth in Naples.

Of course all the FM14 legends are retained and I have built on that to include the top 100 players of all time for every single playing position and also the return of portsmouth, norwich, lyon, monaco, psg and now the return of the austrian wunderteam... to hopefully upset the noisy neighbours and give the mighty magyars, la maquina and all the other nations an interesting challenge!

THE WORLD CUP JUST GOT A WHOLE LOT BETTER!

:applause:

Wow, how do you find the time to add these changes so quickly?!

I have been researching for almost a year now, and those players were already on my radar and there were several which I had already completed anyway. I am also working round the clock to make sure that all my research over the last year is included in this update. I can confirm that every single legend and star in 2014 is included in 2016. We have more legends, more teams, more stars and this update will be better than it was in 2014 as a result of this and a result of the advances in the game since 2014.

And... As a result of bringing back the entire Austrian Wunderteam, I can also confirm that I will be revealing a full 25 man squad for Austria Vienna. :thup:

It's coming around the corner like a train now :) CANNOT WAIT! Thank you for the hardwork :thup:

Thank you for your patience and support, all the hard work just means it will be well worth waiting for. :thup:

Seeing as you've scrapped your self-imposed 25 man squad rule for this version what's happened to all the youth players that you'd not assigned a club to, presumably due to squad space issues, this time? Are they still all free agents or have they now been put at their relevant clubs?

I have to admit that before I started my first proper save in 14 I spent a good while going through all the players you'd create and putting at the teams that they should be at as I didn't really care about the 25 man rule and I didn't like the idea of players, for example like Jamie Carragher, Paul Merson or Steve McManaman ending up at random clubs on free transfers.

oh okay, i saw you got the czsechoslowakia team, which also doesn´t exist anymore :)

Well we dont have have the Czechoslovakia team, we do of course have the Czech Republic.. I can confirm that every one of those players in the Czech list above will be in this update, but they will also be playing for their individual nations. :thup:

Well we dont have have the Czechoslovakia team, we do of course have the Czech Republic.. I can confirm that every one of those players in the Czech list above will be in this update, but they will also be playing for their individual nations. :thup:

Sorry for making more work for you with my lists lol

Seeing as you've scrapped your self-imposed 25 man squad rule for this version what's happened to all the youth players that you'd not assigned a club to, presumably due to squad space issues, this time? Are they still all free agents or have they now been put at their relevant clubs?

I have to admit that before I started my first proper save in 14 I spent a good while going through all the players you'd create and putting at the teams that they should be at as I didn't really care about the 25 man rule and I didn't like the idea of players, for example like Jamie Carragher, Paul Merson or Steve McManaman ending up at random clubs on free transfers.

I did scrap the self imposed restrictive 25 man rule, although i still dont want the clubs so big that it is impossible to accommodate them all, because what you will find is that teams like liverpool and man united would have a massive number of players, and a massive advantage over the other teams. so in order to combat this, i have still tried to keep the squads as balanced as possible, I have also abandoned the rule that the player was at that club at that age, the only guarantee being now, is that the player definitely played for the club at some stage. So whereas the large majority of players were at that club at that age, some players are just at a club they definitely played for instead.

I can confirm that there will be no significant free transfers available when the game begins as there were in 2014 so you will not need to do that.. :thup:

Yeah, I did notice that there was a lot more Liverpool and Man Utd players that had been left as free agents than any other club. Understandable obviously being the two biggest sides in the English game.

Just didn't seem right that somebody like Jamie Carragher would end up on a free transfer to someone random like West Brom after spending his whole career at Liverpool.

I'm not sure if it was an oversight or another that fell foul of the 25-man squad rule but in your FM14 db Faas Wilkes, one of the highest rated players in the db, was a free agent? I put him at Inter myself.

Yeah, I did notice that there was a lot more Liverpool and Man Utd players that had been left as free agents than any other club. Understandable obviously being the two biggest sides in the English game.

Just didn't seem right that somebody like Jamie Carragher would end up on a free transfer to someone random like West Brom after spending his whole career at Liverpool.

I'm not sure if it was an oversight or another that fell foul of the 25-man squad rule but in your FM14 db Faas Wilkes, one of the highest rated players in the db, was a free agent? I put him at Inter myself.

Yes, exactly well Carragher has only one place to go and that is liverpool...

You must be Psychic re: Faas Wilkes because that is exactly where I have put him! :lol:

Worse still than clubs being over powered is that if you have too many youngsters at one club, some of them will be left to rot in the youths and reserves without getting game time so may not reach their potential. Better to spread them around as it seems you've done.

Yes that is exactly the thinking behind doing it... and rather than just put them at random clubs, they are guaranteed to have played for that club in their careers.