"Ask captain to introduce player to squad"

My guess is that it gives the new player a very slight morale lift, but I haven't looked into this properly. Next time I buy a new player, I'll have a look at his numbers before and after the "welcome" properly, to see if anything changes. Using the in-game editor if necessary.

Why not every time, automatically? Hmm, well ... if your captain does not like the new player, it could have the opposite effect? Guessing again.

Does anyone not do it? Just another unnecessary extra box to tick. Make it a little news story after he signs.

"Club captain __________ is happy to welcome ____________ to the squad and introduce him to the players".

Or eliminate it completely from the game.

I don't do it. Mostly because I've never seen this option. Does it show up in the news item when you sign a new player?

I don't do it. Mostly because I've never seen this option. Does it show up in the news item when you sign a new player?

Yes, at the bottom of the news story.

I've actually had a captain refuse to do it before- if I recall, it was because they felt they weren't the best person to do it. Or it may have been that they were sick of doing it- one or the other.

I used it quite a bit in FM 13, until during a pre-season I had asked the captain to welcoime his 4th or 5th player to the team and he refused and his morale dropped. I think maybe he felt threatened by the influx of better talent. I would use it sparingly in situations where you want the new player to integrate and feel welcome (youngsters, foreign players, etc.)

As far as I can tell, it only slightly improves the morale of the captain most times. My captains have always responded that they will gladly introduce the new player. Has anyone ever experienced a captain that was reluctant to do so?

Archived