When do you decide its time to move on ?

Been Rangers for awhile and I am now in 2021. Have taken them straight back up through the lower divs with back to back wins plus the lower lg cup. Now winning the SPFL every year and getting automatic qualification to CL group,, also win both the lg and Scots Cup most seasons,,,last season's lg win beat Celtic by about 26 points!

I usually finish 3rd in CL and usually end up in the quarter or semi final of the Europa lg

Thing is now,, its kind of getting repetitive ,, my team is more or less fine and if I dont want to sell I havent had the Board sell any key player from under me since a few versions of FM ago,, so could just stick with a team that is fairly dominant domestically anyway.

My scout returns now are pretty much of the same standard EVERY year,,and pretty much as good as I already have. I have tried hiring new scouts but hasn't made any difference.

I kind of feel like I have lost some of my enthusiasm and have hit a plateau and am not going anywhere ,,I am kind of going through the motions and if I wasn't a rangers fan irl I think I would have just started another save by now tbh.

Perhaps a decent Europe run might get me going again ,, but not sure. So when do you guys realise when you have got to THAT point ???

When I feel I can't take my club any further. Whether that be down to lack of finances or feeling satisfied with establishing a club at the top level, when I feel it's time to move on, I know.

I can tell you're bored right now, so just leave Rangers and seek a new challenge. Being in the year you are I am sure at least one or two clubs have underachieved and are looking to return to past glories, maybe you should find a club like that and do what you've done with Rangers? As already mentioned, the AI will inevitably mess your work up so take a few years with a new club(s) and go back and help Rangers.

Just wait til they sack whoever is cursed enough to be in the hot seat. You'd be a good chance of getting it I'd say. Poach some Rangers players and bring them back to glory, get bored and go back to Rangers. You are Scottish? I'm just not certain how likely you are to get hired.

I try to win all 5 of the playable continental competitions, so I stay with a club until I've won its continental trophy and competed in the Club World Championship with them. If I'm really enjoying the game with a club, I might stay on a bit longer until I'm bored of it though.

The longer I stay at a club, the less likely I'm ever going to leave. Last year, I played a low-level club up to the SPL, consistently was winning the league and doing well in the Champions every year, and then 15 years in, Arsenal came in with a job offer. I took it, lingered on the save for a couple years...but it was never the same. Now I only apply for jobs as a way to get a better contract or upgraded facilities from the board.

Do you have any other nations loaded? If not, add more and wait til they're all in effect. Then resign and go job hunting - something interesting will crop up, you will still have your history as Rangers boss and also you can keep an eye on how they do following your departure. You get the new challenge without leaving the save.

If the idea of doing a whole season is boring and most of the games won't excite you in some way.

Not to be confused with just being bored of the game, that's when you simply stop playing. Don't get caught in the trap of others here who figure they're bored so try loads of different teams then quitting, then making a thread saying "how do I make FM exciting again? I've tried being a small club and a big club and an obscure country and I quit after a while because I'm bored". The answer is stop playing.

What I do is stay at a club for a maximum of 6 years. Then I move on.

I've managed Stockport for 5 years. Took them to the SkyBet Championship. Won some trophy's. After season 5 I resigned.

Went on Holliday and I got offered a Ajax job. I am now in season 5 and I cannot improve the club more than I already have. Ajax has very good youth. Was blessed with 6 youngsters who became internationals. They have 2 seasons left on their contracts and I cannot renew their deals because their wage demands are to high for Ajax and they want a bigger challenge. I will resign after finishing this season.

I also manage the dutch national team. Won the youth -23 Olympics and the euro championship nations with Holland.

I loaded up Spain and Italy and Germany leagues

Maybe I get a job there

Archived