FM14: Everton - Who cares about Davie, we've got Bobby!

swisso

Was bought over at the end of 2016 and the consortium wiped out all of my debts and a stadium was announced to be constructed in 2019. Will do a proper update eventually but have exams I really should be studying for :D

You and I both, fm is so addictive its unreal

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, loving my Everton save in Fm 14, currently in the 2016/2017 season sitting on top by 5 points over Chelsea after 30 games played, so far I've finished 8th, 9th (couldn't handle the added Euro Cup games, was very close to getting sacked), 2nd and as I said before on top in the current season. Played mainly 4-3-2-1 in my first season before switching to 4-2-3-1 for every season after as the main tactic.

2013/2014 season

Premier League - 8th

FA Cup - Winner

Capital One Cup - Knocked out in 3rd Round

Managed to beat Man United in the semi and Man City in the final.

Best 11

--------------Howard--------------

Baines - Balanta - Jagielka - Coleman

----McCarthy - Keita - Barry-------

Piernarr--------------------Duelofeu

-------------Lukaku---------------

Sadly had to terminate Duelofeu's loan in dec since he had a 5 month injury, Barkley started in his place.

Top Goalscorer - Lukaku - 16 (Jelavic 14)

Highest Rated - Jagielka - 7.31 (Balanta 7.17)

Fans Player - Jagielka

Transfers

Pre Season Window

Incoming

Connor Hunte - Free

Jordon McGhee - 140k

Seidou Keita - 190k

Franco Zuculini - Free

Balanta - 10M

Outgoing

Bryan Oviedo to Cardiff - 3m

Darron Gibson to Southhampton - 625k

Jan Window

Incoming

Javi Espinsoa - 135k

Yossi Benayoun - Free for next season

Henrique - Free for next season

Mayke - Free for next season

Jason Holt - 140k

Giannis Gianniotas - 140k

Tiago Neto - 975k (was done by my head of youth development, Frank Arnesen)

Doria - 7.5m

Outgoing

Kevin Miralllas to Real Madrid for 9m

Antolin Alcaraz to Tigres for 250k

Leon Osman to Celtic for 225k

John Heitinga back to Ajax for 1 million

Also after our shockingly bad youth intake Frank Arnesen made up for signing Tiago Neto by snagging a 4.5 star potential striker regen by the name of Cameron Smith.

All in all it was a decent enough first season, thankfully qualified for Euro Cup which is what I was aiming for. I was really going to miss Lukaku, but I thought that Jelavic played pretty damn well for me this season and I might be able to get another good striker on loan again..... but that's a story for next season's post when I get around to it.

153lgyq.png

Jesus, what does it take to get a 10.0? :eek:

Against Spurs too, not some lower league cannon fodder

In the 2016/2017 season the second last game of the season, my 2nd place side against Newcastle's 9th Lukaku just got a 10.0 rating after scoring 5 times in a 7-0 massacre (and we lost to 16th placed Wolves the game before 1-2 lol) Also have 9 out of 11 for team of the week lol.

Unfortunately that loss against the Wolves cost me the premiership as the Spurs sealed it with a game to go. Anyway I got Lukaku back at the start of this season, in my save he got sold to Barcelona after he came back from the loan for 17.75m and he ended up rotting on the bench. 8 games for 3 goals his first season and than 8 games for 1 goal, so I managed to get him for 13.5m + two clauses added on @ 1.5m each, first 10 league goals and the other 50 games.

Everton just got taken over right before this game too, holy **** @ the cash influx , I'm going to be pissed if the new board sack me...

I am trying an Everton save for the first time.

Am about to sell Jelavic (£5.75 Million), Naismith (£3.9 Million) and Pienaar (£2.5 Million). Will save me more than £100k per week in wages. Will rely heavily on the 3 loan players in the first season and hope to bring in some young prospects.

Reasonable gamble, or catastrophe waiting to happen?

I am trying an Everton save for the first time.

Am about to sell Jelavic (£5.75 Million), Naismith (£3.9 Million) and Pienaar (£2.5 Million). Will save me more than £100k per week in wages. Will rely heavily on the 3 loan players in the first season and hope to bring in some young prospects.

Reasonable gamble, or catastrophe waiting to happen?

You could have gotten more for Jelavic to be honest.

Made my gamble and will see where it leads. Baines has demanded a transfer so have valued him at £30 Million. No takers!!!!!

Transfer business.

Players in

Chris Solly: 22: D R: Charlton: £4.2 Million

Alex Schalk: 21: S C: NAC Breda: £600 Thousand

Alvarez Balanta: 20: D C: River Plate: £11.5 Million

Jay Rodriguez: 24: S C: Southampton: £7.0 Million

Total: £23.28 Million. About half is over 48 months I think.

Players Out:

Steven Naismith: 26: AM C: Cardiff: £3.9 Million

Steven Pienaar: 31: AM L: Newcastle: £2.5 Milion

Nikica Jelavic: 27: S C: Monaco: £5.75 Million

John Heitinga: 29: D C: Southampton: £2.5 Million

Total: £14.7 Million.

I probably should have gotten more for Jelavic, but I am reasonably happy with the business. Have brought in younger players and shaved £75000 per week off the wage bill.

I am retraining Chris Solly as a Complete Wingback Left to play alongside Coleman when Baines leaves. Schalk has immediately gone on loan to Bristol City.

With any luck I can sell Baines for at least £25 Million and use the money next season (assuming I don't get sacked!!!!) to strengthen other areas when Barry, Delofeu and Lukaku return to their parent clubs.

Bad start to the season.

Chelsea: Away: Lost 2-0

Newcastle: Home: Lost 2-1

Peterborough (Capital One Cup): Home: Won 3-0

Man City: Away: Lost 3-1.

Transfer window closes and Baines requests to be taken off the transfer list as he wants to stay. Now willing to negotiate new contract.

how big is the cash influx?

was it a tycoon takeover, or a consortium, or what?

It was a consortium takeover and I basically had my wage build doubled and about 50mil for transfers. I would guess a tycoon takeover would be even more ridiculous....

I kinda went overboard and introduced too many players so team chemistry was stuffed, most were free transfer as well as a few "f it I have money" transfers. I think I was 16th after 10 games, no idea how I wasn't sacked @ that stage. Didn't help that all the money I saved for the Jan window went away as "finances" weren't looking as good as they thought. Luckily the team rallied from crap to mediocre and I won a must win game after getting smashed 0-5 by Chelsea.

Than my 50 million man Carlos Fierro arrived, smashed 3 goals in his first two games before going into a slump and than finally coming alive towards the end of the season and taking over from Lukaku as my #1 striker. Managed to come 8th in the EPL and won the Euro Cup, wasn't far from being sacked at the end of the season... Got pretty much no money from the board, and I'm getting 40% of transfer fees now lol... sold lukaku for 38 million to Arsenal (20 upfront, 18 over the next 12 months) since I have Fierro, Barbosa and than 2 4.5 star potential strikers in their 4th season (one of them has absolutely dominated the SPL the last two years), 2 4.5 star potential strikers in their 2nd season and I just got a 5 star potential striker in my latest youth intake.

Also helped out my wage bills only problem is just made arsenal really damn tough to beat...

I nearly gave up on this saved and resigned a few days ago thinking I was going to get sacked, glad I stuck with it. Really should be getting better results than I have though...

7th + FA Cup

8th + 2013 FA Community Shield (Semi finals of Euro Cup)

2nd

2nd (Last in group stage of Champions Cup)

8th + Euro Cup (3rd in group stage of Champions Cup)

I'm hoping to win the EPL in the next two seasons and finally make a decent showing in the Champions Cup once I get back in it.

My current team at just after the start of the next transfer window

------------ Szczesny ------------

Silva -- Doria -- Jagielka -- Coleman

--------- Modric -- Fellaini -------

Yarmolenko -- Dzagoev -- Duelofeu

------------ Fierro ---------------

Sold Lukaku to Arsenal for 38 million but Fierro had surpassed him anyway.

Sold Correa to Shakhtar for 17.5 million, he didn't get much playing time due to other team members and injury.

Sold my starting left defender regen to the Spurs for 40 million since I had a massive surpluss in that position with Silva, and two other regens.. this season coming up was going to be his 3rd and he was already 4 stars for CA and his PA is 5 stars.... yeah he's a beast... but with his funds I'm going to buy another 5 star regen with a 15 mil release clause who's a nature left of right defender and centre as well.

2013/2014

Premiership: Champions!!!! Not sure how on earth that happened, but I finished on 89 points and won the league with 3 games to spare.

FA Cup: 5th Round. Despite dominating the Premier League, Derby stuffed me 3-0.

Capital One Cup: Winners. Beat Man Utd 3-2

Top Scorer: Romelu Lukaku: 16 (13 in League)

I applied for the Arsenal job but lost out to Roberto Martinez who then poached my Assistant Manager.

Season 2014/2015

The board gave me a transfer budget of £25 Million and a Wage Budget of £1.1 Million. Neither Chelsea for Lukaku, nor Barcelona for Deulofeu were prepared to allow another loan deal.

Players In

Wilfried Bony: Swansea: £17.5 Million

Dusan Tadic: FC Twente: £7.5 Million

Gareth Barry: Man City: Free Transfer

Asmir Begovic: Stoke City: £7.0 Million

Gudmund Taksdal Kongshavn: Valerenga: £85 Thousand.

Total: £32.08 Million.

Players Out

Tim Howard: Stoke City: £375 Thousand

Antolin Alcaraz: Lanus: £400 Thousand

Total: £775 Thousand.

Big net spend, but as I lost my best striker and best winger I felt it worth the risk. Shane Duffy has been brought into the first team squad and will play lots of games.

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Asmir Begovic

Joel

Gudmund Taksdal Kongshavn

Fullbacks

Seamus Coleman (D/WB R)

Chris Solly (D/WB R)

Leighton Baines (D/WB L)

Bryan Oviedo (D L)

Centrebacks

Phil Jagielka

Elder Alvarez Balanta

Sylvain Distin

Shane Duffy

Central Midfielders

Gareth Barry

Darron Gibson

James McCarthy

Leon Osman

Wingers/Inside Forwards

Kevin Mirallas

Dusan Tadic

Magay Gueye

Arouna Kone

Attacking Midfielders

Ross Barkley

Strikers

Wilfried Bony

Jay Rodriguez.

Will see what this season brings.

Been away from FM for a while and started again last night, with a new Everton game. Here's my early progress: Brought in a few new backroom staff members to get myself up to 4* training as a minimum across the board and to ensure the young talent in the squad can really develop.

On the transfers front:

Baines was being whiny and City offered £23m for him, which I reluctantly accepted. On the positive front, his departure allowed me to bring in Kolarov for £6m as they put him in the U21s. Given my tactic relies on wing backs, Kolarov's attacking abilities - combined with his set piece skills - made him a perfect replacement for Baines. I decided to shift Heitinga as his wages didn't warrant his role in the squad. Managed to get £2.5m for him thankfully. Jelavic fell under the same category, with Stoke being willing to pay £5m for him. I shipped Naismith out for £4m and got £200k for Hibbo - much as I love him, he was never going to play. Finally, I ditched Duffy for £800k and Vellios for the same amount.

The money I had left has so far gone on Damiao (£5m), Balanta (£8m) & Revelliere (free). I tried to get Honda, but he went for AC Milan alas.

Outs:

Hibbert (£200k)

Heitinga (£2.5m)

Duffy (£800k)

Vellios (£800k)

Baines (£23m)

Jelavic (£5m)

Naismith (£4m)

TOTAL: £36.3m

Ins:

Revelliere (free)

Balanta (£8m)

Damiao (£5m)

Kolarov (£6m)

TOTAL: £19m

My squad at the moment is:

GK: Howard/Joel

DR: Coleman/Revelliere

DC(x2): Jagielka/Balanta/Distin/Stones/Alcaraz

DL: Kolarov/Oviedo

MC(x2): Barry/Gibson/McCarthy/Ledson

AMR: Mirallas/Deulofeu

AMC: Barkley/Osman

AML: Pienaar/Gueye

ST: Lukaku/Damiao/Kone

In terms of development; I've got Revelliere tutoring Kenny, Osman tutoring Lundstrom, Barry tutoring Ledson and Pienaar tutoring Green.

Clearly the squad is thin and I'll be looking to use the remaining money I've got for another couple of players. Think I need a good prospect for the future at AML (to take over from Pienaar) and a more immediate solution at AMC (to give Barkley some time to develop). Will read through the thread now to see if anyone's had any particular success in those positions, but suggetsions are welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started a file with Everton and haven't made any signings yet - nor do I plan to until at least Christmas.

How have people found the development of Green, Ledson and Lundstram?

I'm keen to try and retain a core of players from the youth academy but would like to know what success others have had.

I have never seen Lundstram get good enough to make the first team.

Ledson does well, I would see him as a future captain if I could stay in the job long enough!

Green also improves, but I think you need to get him the right tutor as quickly as possible, I have been using Kanoute of all people!

I have seen Joe Williams get into the first team squad and play a few LC games in one save, and in my current save Harry Charlsey is looking like he might make it to that level too.

Hope that helps

I hadn't checked out Joe Williams yet but will do - fairly sure his potential on my save is only two stars, same goes for Harry Charlsey.

I was unsure on Kenny but I've got him being tutored by Coleman at the moment and his stats have started to improve massively - likewise with Ledson who I've just given his debut in the league cup aged 16 years 71 days!

I'll try Green with Pienaar and see how that goes.

Lundstram is in my first team at the moment, mainly due to a series of injuries. I'm hoping I can turn him into a decent DM though with the right tutoring and training. I'll post an update in a season or two and let you all know how they're doing - thanks for the help!

I hadn't checked out Joe Williams yet but will do - fairly sure his potential on my save is only two stars, same goes for Harry Charlsey.

I had the same, but after ignoring them for tutoring and possibly sending them on loans (staff sort out loans for my kids so not sure if they went or not!!!) they just kind of improved.

I will try and do a screenie of Charsley in my current save if I remember when I play next, I am sure hes up to 3.5 stars potential.

It just goes to show the staff assessments arnt always accurate

I cant seem to upload files for some reason, but Charsley is 2 stars CA 3.5 stars PA for me.

Hes very balanced with the bulk of his stats between 10 and 14.

Ave 7.19 from 16 u-21 games this season.

He hasn't been out on loan so I must have been tutoring him a bit.

I think he could be a decent player in the Prem, with the positions he covers I think I will keep hold of him for sure.

If you want a screenie of him just pm me your email address and I will send it over, maybe you could have more luck uploading him.

Joe Williams on the other hand is still stuck on 2 stars potential, and his contract is up this season, hes got about 6 months to impress the coaches enough to reach 3 stars or hes out the door, cant see it happening for him.

He's stuck on 2.5 stars for me so will most likely look to offload him at the end of the season.

Ledson, on the other hand, has improved massively - in the first team squad now aged 17.

I've persevered with Lundstram as well and whilst not amazing, he's performing admirably as a DMC

Some updates on my team. I've been playing with The Fulcrum - Silk & Steel tactic and have had great success.

League title first season and runner up in the league cup - follow by an amazing champions league win in the second season.

I've not purchased too many players, the main one for the second season being Barbosa who after a slow start was fantastic upfront for me.

Here's a few screenshots of how Barkley, Lundstram and Ledson have developed so far.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231335919

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231335878

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231335833

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231335878

These should work but if not let me know and I'll find another way to upload them!

I would say in my save Harry Charsley is about the same level as your Lundstram.

He's 6th choice MC in my team and I work with 4 in the first team Squad so hes loaned out to championship Middlesboro at the mo and doing well.

I have two MC's that I would let go for the right price so he could see first team action, and I did give him a game at the end of last season. Who knows?.....

Williams and Lundstram have been released.

Anybody got any tips on developing youth? Like, how much of a difference does tutoring make, how long should I loan a player out for, would a player not be better staying with us and our better facilities/coaches than spending a year at Swindon or something.

The way I do it is to get them a tutor with a good personality as early as possible.

I would describe a good personality one that shows professionalism, such as model pro, professional, fairly professional, resolute, or at a push spirited.

I also like to only use tutors with a higher determination than the tutee, I am to get my players to a minimum of 15 determination. I do not believe this has any effect on the progress of the tutee, but I like a high determination squad as I believe it helps come back from a deficit in games.

For the actual training I put them on whatever role improves work rate until their work rate reaches 15 as I like a hard working squad.

Once a youngster has determination 15+ work rate 15+ and a professional personality hes ready for loaning out. Having said that by this time I have usually got him in the first team squad anyway!!!

Hope that helps

Hi guys, finished first season with everton, won the league cup and somehow won the premiership! I was shocked too, lukaku jelavic and ex arsenal eduardo up front lethal, Baines Distin Jags rocks at the back. Any details on request.

Anyway, been given £38.5m to play with in the summer, with the qualify for Champions League expectation.

Need a top quality striker if you can recommend some, and possibly some flairy wingers. Signed Sergio Romero on a free, Huddlestone for £10m, Gareth Barry on a free for back up. Dennis Praet for 4m, FCPs defensive mid Fernando on a free.

Will probably buy Gaitan who was quality on loan for me. Just need a striker. Chelsea want £27m for Lukaku.

I tried to sign lukako at the end of season 1, they wanted 72 mil LOL.

Just finished my first season with everton, first half of the season I only signed shawcross,

2nd half I only signed Manuel Fernandes and brought in Papadopoulos and dos santos on loan.

Finished 2nd, chelsea were just too strong for me.

Now im going to sell most of my players and get ready for champions league football:)

ohom.png

Sort of regretting requesting that. Gonna be absolutely mired in debt forever.

How do you get them to agree?! I'm in 2023, just won my fourth consecutive league title, second most reputable club in the England (4th in the world) and selling out a 50,000 Goodison every game but it just doesn't bring enough money.

Uncle Bill left a few years ago for a 'local businessman' takeover and he will not build me a stadium. How much did you have in the bank?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've taken charge at Everton after three years at Falkirk, and I'm having a blast. I took over following the 16/17 season, where the club had just finished 17th, just one point clear of relegation. They had finished 11th the year before, but had still managed to keep hold of both Barkley and Ledson. I've since sold both of them - City bought Barkley for a massive £32,000,000, and Man Utd signed Ledson for £30,500,000.

I'm trying to sign young, talented players and ship them off for large sums, and so far I have done fairly well in that regard, selling for a combined £185,880,000 over the course of my three and a half years at the club.

I have righted the ship after the near-disastrous flirt with relegation, and won the title for the first time last season (20/21). Now I'm setting my sights on the Champions League, where I reached the semifinals last year do to a bit of luck of the draw as I faced Roma and Benfica on my way to losing out to Arsenal (who eventually won the final against Manchester United).

I have spent a lot of money on the clubs youth facilities, and I am currently reaping the rewards as I've had to beating players come through the club's ranks over the past three seasons. I'll include screenshots of them in this post, and I will be happy to show more, if there's anything you guys would like to see - just ask.

Ng8sXQo.png

mpSSyPv.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Coming to the end of my first season with Everton. Won the league cup against Man United 2-1. Out of fa cup to arsenal 1-0. Fighting out in top 4 for champions league spot this season. Only 6 games remaining.

What my problem is who do I get in to replace the outgoing loan signings of lukaku, Barry and delefeou??

Have already brought in Rhodes but need another striker to compete with him and to back him up. Got youri tielemans for midfield bit feel I need another experienced centre midfielder. Had a winger or 2.

Any help appreciated

Coming to the end of my first season with Everton. Won the league cup against Man United 2-1. Out of fa cup to arsenal 1-0. Fighting out in top 4 for champions league spot this season. Only 6 games remaining.

What my problem is who do I get in to replace the outgoing loan signings of lukaku, Barry and delefeou??

Have already brought in Rhodes but need another striker to compete with him and to back him up. Got youri tielemans for midfield bit feel I need another experienced centre midfielder. Had a winger or 2.

Any help appreciated

Depending on if Chelsea sign another striker (Usually Costa) then you may be able to get him again if they don't consider you rivals which you clearly will be if you get in the top 4. Or alternatively if Bill Kenwright is feeling generous you may be able to get him for around 20m. I have done on my current save, albeit not with Everton. (AC Milan second season).

I got Giroud, although that might have been in the third season.

He did really well for me to the point where I was sad I had to let him go to allow my prospects more game time 3 or 4 years later.

I'm just coming to the end of the 7th season, our level is about 4-6th and has been since I started. Last season qualified for the Champions League and got knocked out in the Semis by PSG. This season we have Bayern in the Semis with a potential final against either Madrid or Barca.

In the league got 4 games to go and looking good for another 4th place finish if I can keep the team motivated for the league while the glamour CL ties are still ongoing. Out of both domestic cups.

Historically I have been 2nd place in manager of the year 5 times out of the 6 complete seasons. No cup wins, domestic or in Europe. Although I have brought us up to 9th in the Euro co-efficients with good runs in the Euro Cup and Champs League. I really need to win something soon or I'll be a scouse Wenger!!!

So with the under 18s winning the league this year, hopefully some of our youngsters will get a boost in the next FM (Looking at you Swisso!)

Don't hold out too much hope!

Most of them won't be around in a couple of years. We won the U18 title in 2010-2011 too... not many around now, only 3!

1 England Adam Davies

2 England Tyias Browning

3 England Luke Garbutt

4 England Jake Bidwell ©

5 England Eric Dier

6 England Jordan Barrow

7 England Conor McAleny

8 England Tom Donegan

9 Republic of Ireland Ged Kinsella

10 England Anton Forrester

11 England Adam Thomas

Substitutes:

12 England George Waring

13 Wales Connor Roberts

14 England Ryan Higgins

15 England Tom Molyneux

16 England Daniel O'Brien

Hallam Hope, John Lundstram and Ross Barkley should have featured but were away with England or injured, but there's only really Barkley who's shown top level abilty.

Thats not what i wanted to hear Swisso........you've disapointed me!! haha

How's Ledson looking? Only clips ive seen of him were some crazy tackles in the under 18 derby, where he kicked the poor kid out of the stadium

Into 2nd season now after a solid 3rd place and a league cup win in first season.

GK Costil/Joel

DR Coleman/Hibbert

DL Baines/Oviedo

DC Jagielka/Balanta/Souttar/Stones

MC Barry/McCarthy/Fletcher/Tielemans

AML Falque/McGeady

AMR Pienaar/Gauld

AMC Barkley/Naismith

SC Rhodes/Mitrovic

My team for 2nd season. Lacking goals but getting better as season goes on. 8 games in 5 wins 2 draws and 1 loss in league which puts me 5th. Out of league cup to stoke after a painful last minute extra time goal. In champions league I have won all 3 games so far against Schalke, Athletic and AC Milan.

What do you guys think? Any improvements?

It's amazing how different everyones team is. I'm yet to see anyone with more than 2 signings which were the same as mine! Well anyway I'm into the fourth season having just qualified for the champions league previous season and currently sat 2nd after 10 games. Here's my squad:

xMHApVB.png

Transfers in:

Ter Stegen (10m)

Balanta (8m)

Ginter (6m)

Jonathan Silva (7m)

Aurier (14m)

Sergio Rodriguez (regen) (5m)

James Rodriguez (23m)

Bernard (21m)

Ince (free transfer)

Hughes (3.4m)

Lucas Romero (4m)

Benteke (10m)

Mitrovic (10m)

I really really want Lukaku and he's mine for around 30million but due to the nature of my spending I'm constantly in around 10million in the red. Kenwright is down to Happy to Stay so he should be willing to listen to offers any time soon and hoping someone will come in clear the debt give me a bit to spend and build a new stadium/upgrade the facilities. We'll see.

Well it's start of season 3. Finished last season in 4th spot so more champions league for us. Won the FA cup against man utd 2-1. Also quite impressed with my first run in champions league. Got put out in semis by bayern Munich.

Ins

Wayne Rooney £13m ( back where he belongs lol)

Serge aurier 15m

Brady hooper £250k ( good young newgen)

Seydou Doumbia (free)

Mirko Vucinic 2.8m

Outs

Aiden McGeady 3m

Sylvain Distin free (retired I think)

Tony Hibbert retired

And whole load of loans

Tried to blend a bit of experience and young players for this season.

GK Costil/Joel

DR Coleman/Aurier

DL Baines/Oviedo

DC Jagielka/Balanta/Stones/Soutar

MC Barry/Fletcher/McCarthy/Tielemans/Ledson

AMC Rooney/Falque/Barkley

AMR Barkley/Pienaar/Gauld

AML Vucinic/Falque/Naismith

SC Doumbia/Rhodes/Mitrovic

Already won the charity shield 2-1 against spurs who surprised everyone mid season and went on to steal the league from under Chelsea nose.

Let's see what this season brings.

Any help or hints or improvements welcome

Hello guys, a quick question. My first season is about to end and i'm not so sure about our older players in the squad.

Jagielka,Howard and Barry. Does their attributes will decrease by the second season?

Because Jag for example still can be sold with a good price tag, if he plays like the first year i'll keep him but im not so sure about the aging..

And also, should i keep Mirallas for the second season?

He played really good but i'm seeking a winger with better pace and higher crossing ability(especially because i still have Lukaku)

So;

Tim,Jag,Mirallas and Barry

What should i do with them?

I try and keep all 3 senior players around as long as possible. Jagielka is still an excellent defender a few seasons in, and can offer vital tutoring to young defenders. As for Mirallas. If he's playing well, keep him around for aanother season, unless someone comes in with a big bid. I have sold Mirallas for £30m+ in saves, so I just keep him around until the big offer comes in, and make sure I have a replacement ready to go.

Started a new save as Everton with the LFC Marshall update, looking forward to having Romelu long-term. Made one signing in the summer, bringing in Jack Rodwell for £14m. Was quite a bit of interest in him, so wanted to secure him early, and get him on some decent training so he develops properly. Besic looks very promising, rated highly by my assistant, so hopefully he'll develop into a very strong centre back, and I can build a long-term team with him and Stones as centre backs. The only area I'm not particularly keen on is the wingers. Had a much more dynamic team on the original game with Deulofeu as a right winger in the first season. I like Mirallas and Pienaar, but they've got nothing on Deulofeu. I'll be going with the following First XI:

-----------------------Howard------------------------

--Coleman------Jagielka---------Stones------Baines----

----------------Barry-----------McCarthy--------------

---Mirallas------------Barkley---------------Pienaar------

----------------------Lukaku----------------------------

Looks very strong. Going to blood Stones from the start, and get him plenty of First Team football. Hoping that Rodwell and McCarthy can become a long-term centre midfield partnership too, looking to build a squad with a strong HG base.

• 5 weeks later...

Into second season with Everton, having scraped 4th Place in the First Season - was sitting 1st/2nd for large parts of the season but injuries and form let me down and we did well to win our final two games to secure 4th.

Made some decent signings over the summer, such as Bojan & Jordan Rhodes. Nemanja Matic has also been signed on loan. Also signed Vlaar and Zuculini in the first season, and the team is looking like this:

-----------------------Howard------------------------

--Coleman------Vlaar--------Jagielka------Baines----

----------------Matic-----------McCarthy--------------

---Mirallas------------Barkley---------------Bojan------

------------------------Rhodes----------------------------

Good backup with Pienaar, Osman and Zuculini, with Cornelius my backup centre forward. Trying to offload Naismith if I possibly can.

We qualified (due to our 4th position) for the 4th Qualifying Round of the Champions League as an unseeded team and were drew against Valencia.

The first leg was away at the Mestalla, where we somehow pulled off a great 3-1 win, with Rhodes getting two which put us in the driving seat for the away leg. Following this, we beat champions Chelsea 2-1 with Rhodes bagging two more to add to his tally.

The second leg followed, and a poor start meant we were 2-0 down at Half Time, at which point it looked all over. We scored soon into the second half, Mirallas with the goal. At this stage, it was 4-3 in our favour on aggregate.

The hammer blow was a sending off for Seamus Coleman who hacked down Jonas in the box with 10 minutes to go, resulting in a penalty for the away team. Jonas stepped up to take it, and Tim Howard saved it!

At this time, I took Barkley off for Stones, to fill the void left by Coleman. I also changed the mentality from Standard to Defensive which somehow resulted in us winning two successive corners, the second of which was met by Vlaar in the 90th Minute to seal the aggregate victory and make it 2-2 on the night.

Really pleased with this result, and particularly as the Group Stage draw has resulted in us being drawn with first seeds Benfica, and second seeds Marseille (along with another side who I forget!).

I really think we could get out of this group stage if I can keep Rhodes and Mirallas fit, along with Vlaar and Jagielka.

Having signed Aaron Cresswell and having Bryan Oviedo as backup, I am considering get rid of Baines if a decent offer is received.

Onwards and upwards!

Archived