FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Hi all, really struggled to get into any sort of game on FM this year, just cant seem to get into it or do badly with whoever i am! Gonna start with my beloved Liverpool for one last shot. Will start off with latest official database (Suarez still with us etc) and transfers off in first window. Any tips?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to start a new save using LFC Marshalls updated database. Made Manquillo a permanent transfer and signed Cerri to come in next season. Also sold Glen Johnson for £10M to Spurs. I've had the perfect start to the season winning all my matches to the end of September.

4f6cd1b243.jpg

Look who is all the way down at the bottom :lol:

82f457971e.jpg

Clutching at straws to find negatives but i'm conceding almost every game. Quite strange to win away at Munich and Arsenal and then go to extra time at Arsenal. Managed to field a complete second XI in 4 of those matches as well. Early in the season but to be points clear of my title rivals at this stage of the season is very pleasing. So all in all extremely happy :)

First season of new final save with updated Squads..

OUT

Skrtel

Leiva

Johnson

Borini

Enrique

In

Walker

Balanta

Hughes

Ward-Prowse

Rodriguez

Varane

4 Games into the season, sitting 5th with 9 Points, only a loss to Arsenal away thus far. Playing in ECC as this is updated database, Group D with PSG, ROma and SLB, won first game against SLB at home 4-1, Balotelli the star with a hat-trick.

Looking for a new Assistant Manager.

I'm officially at a standstill with this version and Liverpool as a whole now. I thought it was going to be challenging, but I'm 15 games in, won all 15 games and have only conceded a single goal. I've done something that's making this game far too easy and I really am trying to find out what, so I'm going to do a few tests with this tactic with other teams and see if the same results come back, because this is ridiculous. :lol:

For now however, I'll see you guys in the 2015 thread.

I'm officially at a standstill with this version and Liverpool as a whole now. I thought it was going to be challenging, but I'm 15 games in, won all 15 games and have only conceded a single goal. I've done something that's making this game far too easy and I really am trying to find out what, so I'm going to do a few tests with this tactic with other teams and see if the same results come back, because this is ridiculous. :lol:

For now however, I'll see you guys in the 2015 thread.

Well, let us know about the tactic though.:)

How is it too easy lol... I'm coming 3rd near the end of the 1st season. I'm 3 points below 1st and 2nd (tied) and a good 5 or 6 above 4th...

Sturridge and Sterling have spent a decent amount of time out which sucked and I HAD to bring in Volland because other big European teams were going buy him for like 13million pounds, which is absurdly low... He has been playing out on the wings because Balo and Sturridge my first and second choice strikers.

Haha. Just getting back on my save now been in work all weekend, 1st game of the season away at Man U easy ;)

better win that one!

havent had a minute to get a save going either. have day 1 done with an update but cant get time to look at it at all. hope to get at least a season done over the next week or so just to get a feel for the new squad.

I finished first season coming 3rd and winning the FA Cup.

In the Summer sold Lucas and Balotelli for 32 million each and sold half the team really. Made 110 million in sales. Mostly deadwood and players I don't like to use. Dani Alves was out of contract so I picked him up on a free (but 130k wages) and Yaya Toure (still the best midfielder in the prem) was transfer listed so I picked him up for 16 million pounds. Wages are over 200k a week... I hate spending more than 100k on wages but those two signings really added to the team so I went for it... If I didn't make so much from sales, I wouldn't have signed them.

Team looks something like:

Gk: Victor Valdes (picked up for free 1st season)/Steele

RB: Dani Alves/Manquillo/Flanagan

LB: Monero/Robinson

CB: Sahko/Balanta

CB: Lovren/Lloyd

CM: Henderson/Gerrard

CM: Yaya Toure/Can/Allen

AMR: Sturridge/Markovic

AML: Sterling/Lallana

AMC: Coutinho/Lambert

ST: Volland/Origi

Squad is still way too big... Lots of youngsters that I'm trying to raise the Cleon way.

My goal in this save isn't to win everything but to consistently be the richest club in the world. Oh and just won the Community Shield.

Sterling

Rossiter

Chirivella

Suso

Ibe

Canos

Wilson

Sinclair

are all 4 or above stars for me in my game

Flanagan, Robinson, Ilori, Wisdom and perhaps Ojo have the stats and potential to be top EPL players as well - or that is what the reports says

I was talking 4 stat ability not potential, seems a bit low for Liverpool imo

How is it too easy lol... I'm coming 3rd near the end of the 1st season. I'm 3 points below 1st and 2nd (tied) and a good 5 or 6 above 4th...

Sturridge and Sterling have spent a decent amount of time out which sucked and I HAD to bring in Volland because other big European teams were going buy him for like 13million pounds, which is absurdly low... He has been playing out on the wings because Balo and Sturridge my first and second choice strikers.

I'm not even sure anymore.

I never have any bad luck with injuries, it's always my back up players who have the long term injuries.

I might revisit this save though, I have a two week holiday in October (just for some time off) that might get me a couple of seasons in and see how it goes from there.

Sabine, I'm still curious about your tactic that is making it so easy. Is it your trusted 4-2-4 with the two F9s and two DWs? (post #2336)

Oops, sorry that I overlooked your post before, but it is. It's heavily modified in terms of player and opposition instructions, but the formation and roles is a good basis for it.

Care to share these details?

yonko, there is a screen shot of his tactics further up this thread. its just the base as he mentions its tweaked using PI and OI. i have implemented his ideas on OIs using another formation so i have no doubt that they work. i have set up the 442 as it shows in the screenie but i have no idea what the PI should be, i picked what i thought would work but i just got stuffed away vs shalke. (im man u in season 3).

the base is there we just need to figure the PI out!!!!!

yonko, there is a screen shot of his tactics further up this thread. its just the base as he mentions its tweaked using PI and OI. i have implemented his ideas on OIs using another formation so i have no doubt that they work. i have set up the 442 as it shows in the screenie but i have no idea what the PI should be, i picked what i thought would work but i just got stuffed away vs shalke. (im man u in season 3).

the base is there we just need to figure the PI out!!!!!

Yes, I can see the base from the screenshot. And that is why I'm asking for the details such as the PIs. He has posted them before, but there are like several pages back, plus he might've changed and improved them. Also, if I'm not mistaken he has certain adjustments that he makes based on what is happening.

Mind you, I have my own tactic and I'm doing quite well in my save but I'm always interested and curious of other ways. I could use a Plan B. At the moment I'm sticking to my favorite Very Fluid, Standard Mentality, possession-oriented 433, but I do have two other formations with different mentalities, fluidities and instructions loaded as back ups - Rigid + Control 4231 that focuses on quick ball movement and a Balanced + Counter 41212 that focuses on frustrating the opposition. Haven't used any of the alternative tactics yet, but they still serve their purpose because of their completely different instruction from one another. Which helps with tactics familiarity when I want to alter something for a specific match in my primary 433 tactic - example: say I want to remove Hassle Opponents and keep my shape more without sacrificing familiarity.......or I want to speed up my ball movement.

Looking forward for FM 15 with the additions of Adam phillips and Jordan Williams. Hopefully Brannagan and Trickett-Smith get PA boosts and perhaps Ryan Kent and Connor Randall, as well as Harry Wilson, Jordan Ibe, Jordan Rossiter and sergi Ojo keeping strong PA's and Jack Dunn, Tom Brewitt and Will Marsh also maintaining -7 at least. Trickett-Smith really needs a -8 especially after barcelona interest and connor Randall should have at least a -7 this time.

Gee, this thread is dead. Still more posts per week than real life Wins for the Pools!!

dJU1hE5.jpg

20 games Hughes, how can he go 20 games with no score considering he is a striker!!! Lol

Lucky my main man, is scoring loads of goals, 20 year old Zivkovic, 31 Goals in 33 Games..

I think the thread is so dead because it's so close to FM2015 now.

I mean personally, I have abandoned all attempts of a serious save and been editing the hell out of my save, but obviously that's not really something to post with on here.

Speaking of FM15 though, it looks superb. There's a 27 minute feature about it and I'm really excited.

One thing I'm hoping in that version though is better English left backs!

looking forward to FM15, cannot get going on a FM14 save at all. hoping to get the motivation to play back with the new game.

Nov 7th is booked off in work so just need to find a decent site to buy the game from now and wait on the demo to start planning

Still playing FM 14 to keep me busy until FM 15 comes out but haven't posted much here will do so once FM 15 is out

i'll get the game online so i can get the demo downloaded.hopefully will get back to posting in here for FM15

looking forward to seeing how our youth is rated. just want to see Rossiter, Chirivella, Wilsonget decent PA's and hopefully a few others will get a chance at developing.

i'll get the game online so i can get the demo downloaded.hopefully will get back to posting in here for FM15

looking forward to seeing how our youth is rated. just want to see Rossiter, Chirivella, Wilsonget decent PA's and hopefully a few others will get a chance at developing.

Just pre ordered mine on Steam also looking forward to the youth in the game if they got PA boosts

Sinclair turns out to be a gun if you spend the effort on him.

I think I got the good end of his variable Potential, but after 4 years he is nearly world class!

Suso the same.

However I cannot for the life of me get Rossiter to develop at all, tried Loans, reserves, even first team games and nothing!!

FM 14 has made me come to a truth: Suarez is completely useless.

He's 29 and is yet to really show me he is worthy of being still here.

He has played:

Striker: Complete Forward (Support), Trequartista (Attack) and a few games of False Nine

Attacking Midfielder (Both Left and Right): Inside Forward(Attack/Support)

Attacking Midfielder (Center) : Trequartista (Attack) He plays a lot better but a supposed world class player? Not really.

Any way to make sure I get the best of his ability?

FM 14 has made me come to a truth: Suarez is completely useless.

He's 29 and is yet to really show me he is worthy of being still here.

He has played:

Striker: Complete Forward (Support), Trequartista (Attack) and a few games of False Nine

Attacking Midfielder (Both Left and Right): Inside Forward(Attack/Support)

Attacking Midfielder (Center) : Trequartista (Attack) He plays a lot better but a supposed world class player? Not really.

Any way to make sure I get the best of his ability?

I always played him is lone striker, complete forward. 2 inside forwards on wings, one attacking and one on support.

Fired for me, however i been playing with updated squads, so he is gone in my save.

Archived