FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Finished the 2022/23 season

Won the league again ;P Spurs relegated:D

Slighty dissapointed with Cerri's strike partners (Sinclair was out for 3 months Julien really struggled to put chances away) so Geerts got to have a decent number of games and did reasonably well. Stoke must have come into some money as they bid 75m for him at the end of the season.

So was counting on vice-captain Cerri to perform and he didn't disappoint banging in 53 in 49 games. He has become my first player to pass 300 goals for me with 307 in 325 appearances.

However the new star of the team in 18 year old Englishman Wayne Fenwick who has managed to push the mighty Will Hughes down to second choice AMC.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-15_zps1e4ecddb.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dan Selby, i use the attacking 442 as my 2nd tactic funnily enough. Ill go for Ince on a Free - he looks worth it.

The I also tried a flat 433 (with a treq.... poacher and a false9, ) in preseason but started poorly so i need to tweak it as it was great against poorer teams at home but didnt seam great away.

Finished the 2022/23 season

Won the league again ;P Spurs relegated:D

Slighty dissapointed with Cerri's strike partners (Sinclair was out for 3 months Julien really struggled to put chances away) so Geerts got to have a decent number of games and did reasonably well. Stoke must have come into some money as they bid 75m for him at the end of the season.

So was counting on vice-captain Cerri to perform and he didn't disappoint banging in 53 in 49 games. He has become my first player to pass 300 goals for me with 307 in 325 appearances.

However the new star of the team in 18 year old Englishman Wayne Fenwick who has managed to push the mighty Will Hughes down to second choice AMC.

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-15_zps1e4ecddb.png

whats your backroom staff like?

I've just entered January of the 3rd season, i've tweaked my instructions slightly and currently on a 12 game win and clean sheet run in all competitions. 17 games into the league season and conceded just 7 goals! Much better performances at the back but my biggest problem now is getting Suarez (4 in 17) and Sturridge (2 in 18) to score. I really can't recommend Tom Ince enough, he's been immense for me.

Finally finished first season. Won the league in a canter, which was weird coz I was only 3 or 6 points ahead for most of the season.

sVU8ZzR.png

These are the player stats, SAS were all excellent for me and Coutinho really played well too.

aSw0fp7.png

The other cups were nothing to write about got knocked out in the 4th round in both.

Can someone please tell me how to get the best out of Liverpool as I keep downloading loads of different tactics that everyone seems to do well with but for some reason they don't do well for me and I keep losing so any help is much appreciated thanks.

whats your backroom staff like?

Liverpool_TrainingCoaches_zps38864abe.png

Basically just looked for coaches who would give me at least 4 stars in each catergory. I also like to get in ex-players to fill in roles. I try to get an assman with good tactical knowledge and motivational skills.

Liverpool_StaffMembers_zps93f0653c.png

I need a tactic guys. I've started 3x this week, every time with new tactics and structures etc. and every time I'm sacked before christmas. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-3-1-2 and all of them with different mentalities. Can anyone recommend a tactic or something for me?

Suarez is 12-3-4, Sturridge is 15-3-0, Aspas 7(7)-4-1, Coutinho 15-1-2, Gerrard 14-3-0.

As you can see I'm having major trouble scoring in every save so far, hence me getting the sack all the time. Any tips are appreciated!

I need a tactic guys. I've started 3x this week, every time with new tactics and structures etc. and every time I'm sacked before christmas. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-3-1-2 and all of them with different mentalities. Can anyone recommend a tactic or something for me?

Suarez is 12-3-4, Sturridge is 15-3-0, Aspas 7(7)-4-1, Coutinho 15-1-2, Gerrard 14-3-0.

As you can see I'm having major trouble scoring in every save so far, hence me getting the sack all the time. Any tips are appreciated!

Chck this thread I opened..I'm struggling with Liverpool too but I'm getting somewhere...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/387407-A-challenge-plea-to-make-this-side-play!

Ok, I'm starting to get really annoyed with the English FA. I've won the EPL 4 times in the last 5 years, CL twice and another 15 or so cups, even managed to get 3rd place with the US at the World Cup, but when I apply for the England job I'm told I have no chance and my application smells of desperation!! I'm ranked 18 in the greatest mangers of all time FFS!!! I could understand that don't want to give it to a foreigner, if not for the fact they are on to their 3rd foreign born coach since I started the game! Current manger is the former Galatasaray manager, he was sacked after coming 7th last season so was a shoe in for the England job! Ok, rant over.

On a side note, about to start season 6 with Ward-Prowse offically being my captain. Hope he can lead us to glory for the next 10 years or so!

097425f0e2592d28bf33dfdc30c9ab19.png

Seriously dumbfounded on how good Sterling is in this game. What a season he is having so far.

Currently 24-0-0 95-13 at the moment. Doesn't look like we'll be giving up the title anytime soon.

Just won the league in my 1st season with 2 games to go never expected it to be in season 1

Missed this before for some reason, but well done Glenn. I've seen in the past that you've struggled in the first season, but that's great work. :)

Missed this before for some reason, but well done Glenn. I've seen in the past that you've struggled in the first season, but that's great work. :)
Thanks i used 4-3-3 tactic from my normal 4-2-3-1

Cheers guys, with the signings of Ter Stegen, Peruzzi and Sandro, my first bid was accepted, so i probs could have gone lower!

I get the hesitancy with Ter Stegen, but I usually get is handling up, plus he has 19 determination and perfectionist personality, great tutor!

Really struggled to try and sell Hendo and Allen though.

Personally, I would keep him. I have all throughout the saves I've had on any version where Hendo was at the club and he was superb.

Here he is for me in April 2015, tutored by Gerrard for half a season:

ec4664971315ca9c961ea0b16e2393df.png

So as a little experiment for this save, I decided to take up the Sammarinese nationality as my main nationality, to see if I can get some players from that nation and turn them into world class players.

3cddad966bda8b773c1cc29a86e3ac23.pngThis is the first Sammarinese player I've gotten in this intake and he may look average, but he's probably the best player in the nation. :lol:

097425f0e2592d28bf33dfdc30c9ab19.png

Seriously dumbfounded on how good Sterling is in this game. What a season he is having so far.

Currently 24-0-0 95-13 at the moment. Doesn't look like we'll be giving up the title anytime soon.

Wow that is incredible. Is that as an AMR/L?

f78ed3ed237f031326d1162a829253f3.png

Finally drop points. Southampton away, with a 1-1 draw. Still unbeaten in 105 games.

Wow that is incredible. Is that as an AMR/L?

Yep. Right side as a Defensive Winger/Support. :)

Archived