FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeez..I'm about to start fourth new game...finding this really difficult....

Honestly..buying better players, hiring good coaches, training well and getting 100% tactical familiarity seems to make little difference!

Maybe I just got lucky in the first season, but I noticed that sometimes changing tactics before a match against a tough team caught them off guard and I was able to get a good result. The two tactics I switched between in season one are on the previous page of this thread.

There's a thousand good young Argentinians this year I've noticed.

I second this. I've a few creeping into my side.

Just a quick update on my transfer activity prior to season 3. I decided to keep Lewandowski in the end as I missed out on Ferreyra.

Ins:

Will Hughes £3.2M

Jetro Willems £17M

Quintero £17M

and a few regens

Out:

Coutinho £40M

Johnson £3M

Skrtel £350k

Loaned out Sturridge as I couldn't sell him. Will Hughes, Llori, Wisdom, Ibe, Sinclair and Wilson were among those loaned out who could still have a future at the club.

Disappointed so far at the lack on quality regens coming through the youth ranks.

Just about midway through the season and this season has been going well so far. Sit top of the league, 3 points ahead on Man Utd. Lewandowski has justified my decision in keeping him and has been performing well. With Cout's departure, I've been playing Suarez as an IF on the left and he has been a breathe of fresh air. The last couple of seasons I played him from the right. Dominating games in possession with usually 60-70% in my favour but not picking up any big scoring wins.

Right..determined this time. Preseason finished.

Playing 4-2-3-1 in the style of Borussia Dortmund. Direct and Attacking football.

3 major signings from German football in Subotic and Bender from Dortmund and Herrmann.

Mignolet

Johnson

Subotic

Sakho

Enrique

Gerrard

Bender

Herrmann

Coutinho

Suarez

Sturridge

Strong looking first eleven. Just a matter of getting tactics, roles and fluidity right!

Be happy just to finish in the top 6!

So far gone from the current, IRL XI: Reina, Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Assaidi, Borini, Sturridge, Suarez.

Suarez didn't like the fact I rejected a bid from City so he went for £40M, Sturridge didn't perform, Skrtel was not solid enough and Mignolet loved an error!

Rebuilding to the highest order.

Is anyone else finding getting international jobs really hard? After 3 years and over 10 league/cup wins no country is even interested. The England job came up so I threw my hat in the ring. Got a message saying I'm of absolutely no chance and my application smells of desperation!!

I'm regarded as the 9th greatest EPL manager of all time with a winning record of just over 70%! Can't believe they'd turn me down!

I've had similar responses (although earlier in the game) for New Zealand and the Mexico U23s!

Is anyone else finding getting international jobs really hard? After 3 years and over 10 league/cup wins no country is even interested. The England job came up so I threw my hat in the ring. Got a message saying I'm of absolutely no chance and my application smells of desperation!!

I'm regarded as the 9th greatest EPL manager of all time with a winning record of just over 70%! Can't believe they'd turn me down!

I've had similar responses (although earlier in the game) for New Zealand and the Mexico U23s!

I had no problem getting the England job and have since turned down offers from Spain and Brazil. My goal is stay in the England job until Jerome Sinclair becomes Englands all time top scorer! :D

hello reds

going to start a game with liverpool and was just looking for some guidance on defenders. I am going to play two cb's and two attacking full backs so that would leave me with enrique and johnson for full backs and the rest cb's as even though some can cove they are not quick enough or attacking enough for my system. So my questions is out of kelly, illori, jones, sama and wisdom are any of these likely to be good enough long term or short term for a title challenge?

alos in terms of the senior defenders it is clear that I dont need all four cb's as well as youth as we arent in europe, obviously not worth selling toure as he is good back and cover and some experience and sakho has only just come in and looks good, so is there much difference between agger and skrtel? and if so which would you sell and for how much, are either truly 'top class'

cheers

any advice appreciated

hello reds

going to start a game with liverpool and was just looking for some guidance on defenders. I am going to play two cb's and two attacking full backs so that would leave me with enrique and johnson for full backs and the rest cb's as even though some can cove they are not quick enough or attacking enough for my system. So my questions is out of kelly, illori, jones, sama and wisdom are any of these likely to be good enough long term or short term for a title challenge?

alos in terms of the senior defenders it is clear that I dont need all four cb's as well as youth as we arent in europe, obviously not worth selling toure as he is good back and cover and some experience and sakho has only just come in and looks good, so is there much difference between agger and skrtel? and if so which would you sell and for how much, are either truly 'top class'

cheers

any advice appreciated

Personally I don't think they're good enough to do what you want to do. I was quite cautious in my first season and finished 3rd. Second season, I have completely changed my back four - only Sakho and Enrique remain and they're both on the bench.

8 games left to go in season 3 and I have surrendered top spot to Man Utd who are on course for a 4th consecutive title. Knocked out of the league cup in the quarters and lost in the first knockout round of the CL to Real Madrid. In the semi's of the FA Cup.

Jan transfer window saw me recall Wisdom and Sturridge from loan as well as signing Wellington Nem and Jordy Classie. Borini was sent out on loan for the remainder of the season and after signing nem, my young Argentine winger Allione (sp?) was sent out on loan too. Hoping I can overturn Man Utd lead and claim my first league title

thought this might be the case from first looks at the stats, was just hoping they had a high potential to improve as in real life love both kelly and wisdom and have heard a lot of good things about jones and ilori

cheers

Kelly, Wisdom, Agger, Coates, Enrique and Sakho are all in my first team squad. Im challenging for the title in season 3. Sakho is first choice CB for me with Balanta. I plan on Using Llori for next season when he returns from loan

Kelly, Wisdom, Agger, Coates, Enrique and Sakho are all in my first team squad. Im challenging for the title in season 3. Sakho is first choice CB for me with Balanta. I plan on Using Llori for next season when he returns from loan

Are they getting decent number of games? Was kelly and Wisdom I was most interested in as alongside the other centre backs dont think there is a future for both of them if you play wing back style full backs as neither are that attack minded

Are they getting decent number of games? Was kelly and Wisdom I was most interested in as alongside the other centre backs dont think there is a future for both of them if you play wing back style full backs as neither are that attack minded

My first choice back 4 is

Peruzzi-Sakho-Balanta-Willems

Kelly, Enrique, Agger are getting a fair few games in cups/rotation.

Coates mainly just cup games and Wisdom has only been recalled from loan to cover injuries but i plan on using him next season as rotation

I play Kelly as complete wingback and Wisdom as a centre back although he has played as a limited full back a few times when he came off the bench

In my save the best of the original defenders is definitely Sakho, I am in 2022 and he is my Club Captain and has the most appearances for me of any player. Kelly was also very good for me at CB (I eventually sold him in 2020 but he was a first team regular up to then)

Llori developed well in my save but he couldn't manage to become a first team regular so I sold him for 15m. He is now regarded as one of Portugals best players.

Sakho was good for me, but once I had Doria, Balanta and Dede I couldn't resist a £25m bid from Real Madrid.

Sold £130m worth of players before the 4th season. So I decided to treat myself and buy Sandro, Aguero (both transfer listed at City) and Jack Wilshere. Quite excited about a strike force of Suarez and Aguero, with Wilshere attacking from the midfield.

Pre-season season 4

Basically just brought in some gnarly regens. Only 1 has been kept around for first team duties though, the rest were loaned out.

Sold a few people coz their contracts were running out, then a couple I've been unimpressed with since they got here.

I want to sell Montoya as well because he strong armed me into a new contract, but their isn't many good young RB's out there so I'm waiting for regens to pop up.

3 games left in season 3 and the PL Im joint top with Man Utd. Only problem is their far superior GD. I should really have pulled 3 points ahead of them but drew 2-2 with them at home after going 2 goals down inside 10 mins. Wish me luck later. Also in the FA Cup final against Man City after beating Spurs 1-0 in the semi's

£55M though considering how underrated he is on here? I was pulling Citys strings and they accepted so why not. My squad is looking strong, Rossiter, Alberto & Suso all coming along nicely. Just started my first game of the second season - lost 2-1 to Watford. LOL.

Its is the 2022 World Cup Finals and he has done it and still only 25 :p

8aqw.png

On a negative note I got refused planning permission again for a new stadium :(

It's funny how differently things can go in different saves. I'm in december of 2020 in my Spurs save and Sinclair is playing in League 2 for Northampton and still totally uncapped at any level and and hasn't scored more than six goals in any season. He's spent his career on loans in different League 1 and 2 teams before being signed for free by MK Dons two seasons ago and for this season he was bought by Northampton for £73K. :)

Just finished season 3. Won the league but lost in the FA Cup final after a dismal performance.

Sakho got Fans Player of the Year for the 2nd consecutive season. Although Lewandowski was 1 goal away from the golden boot I've cashed in on him. City made an enquiry and I pushed them to get £56M for him.

Have some really good looking regens who may be around the first team in the next season.

It's funny how differently things can go in different saves. I'm in december of 2020 in my Spurs save and Sinclair is playing in League 2 for Northampton and still totally uncapped at any level and and hasn't scored more than six goals in any season. He's spent his career on loans in different League 1 and 2 teams before being signed for free by MK Dons two seasons ago and for this season he was bought by Northampton for £73K. :)

Wow that is a world of difference! I have also just turned a 68 million pound bid for him from Man City :p

what do u make of my squad guys? start of 3rd season, 3rd in league and won fa cup in 1st season, 6th last year.

keepers: valdes, mignolet

right back: micah richards, glen johnson

left back: enrique, luke shaw

centre backs: ashley williams,skrtel,agger,sakho

midfielders: Alonso, Mvila, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Will Hughes, Rossiter

Wingers: Sterling, Salah, Ince, Coutinho

Strikers: Suarez, Sturridge, Ba(on loan), Yesil

Also have Fulton, iloro, wisdom, ibe, sinclair, robinson, kurt zouma, chirivella, canos out on loan

Where do peoplethink I could improve?

Thanks

Anyone got a screenshot of Sinclair? He's currently sat in my reserves with J. Martinez, Mitrovic & a Brazilian regen sat in the pecking order in front of him. Alberto just scored a hat-trick for me. Really impressed with him so far.

JeromeSinclair_OverviewProfile_zpsedd7e5c4.png

It took a few seasons before Sinclair got going on my save but now he is a beast.

I resigned from the England job after winning the 2022 World Cup. Sinclairs international record is currently Played 76 Scored 59. It will be interesting if he can keep it up under an AI manager.

what do u make of my squad guys? start of 3rd season, 3rd in league and won fa cup in 1st season, 6th last year.

keepers: valdes, mignolet

right back: micah richards, glen johnson

left back: enrique, luke shaw

centre backs: ashley williams,skrtel,agger,sakho

midfielders: Alonso, Mvila, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Will Hughes, Rossiter

Wingers: Sterling, Salah, Ince, Coutinho

Strikers: Suarez, Sturridge, Ba(on loan), Yesil

Also have Fulton, iloro, wisdom, ibe, sinclair, robinson, kurt zouma, chirivella, canos out on loan

Where do peoplethink I could improve?

Thanks

Maybe a proven goalscorer should be your next priority. It is hard to say without knowing how the players are performing for you but I always find Sturridge does not score enough. Suarez also does not score as much as he does IRL but he makes an excellent strike partner for a Poacher type player. The rest of your squad seems pretty decent.

Finally gotten around to playing FM.

First of all - I've made a few changes in the editor to Liverpool. They are the same changes as will go through in the official update coming feb/march (as I'm a researcher I have access to those forums), so nothing completely insane - a couple of players have been improved rather dramatically - I think that some of you might get a lot out of the new database, tbh.

My tactic will be focused on Sabine's tactic from earlier in the thread, altho I'll try to make it a bit more attacking. I'll have Sabines tactic for away/tough opposition and then use a bit more attacking version for home games - I'll post SS later when I get home.

Transfers so far have included Reveillere, Benayoun, Antonio Adan, Zivkovic, Zuculini, Honda and a few others. A lot of youngsters sent out on loans and Joe Allen is on the way to Norwich for €5M as he got upset about the competition for the first team after I hired Honda. Again, screens to come later :p

Had a mixed bag of results in pre-season so far, so added 3 easy games vs lower opposition to really get morale up before starting the real games.

JeromeSinclair_OverviewProfile_zpsedd7e5c4.png

It took a few seasons before Sinclair got going on my save but now he is a beast.

I resigned from the England job after winning the 2022 World Cup. Sinclairs international record is currently Played 76 Scored 59. It will be interesting if he can keep it up under an AI manager.

Wow. Impressive. How did you nurture him?

I'm in my second season, second day of the January transfer window. All season, R.Madrid have been sniffing around Lucas who has been a rock in the half-back position. They offered £23M. Insult. I asked for a straight swap for Illarramendi as I already had Fernando as backup to Lucas and Rossiter who is coming along just nicely. They said no, £15M plus Illarramendi. I said no, £10M plus Ill....you get the point. They said yes..

Good deal? Hmm..

I'm in my second season, second day of the January transfer window. All season, R.Madrid have been sniffing around Lucas who has been a rock in the half-back position. They offered £23M. Insult. I asked for a straight swap for Illarramendi as I already had Fernando as backup to Lucas and Rossiter who is coming along just nicely. They said no, £15M plus Illarramendi. I said no, £10M plus Ill....you get the point. They said yes..

Good deal? Hmm..

So they gave you 10M plus Illa? I'd say thats a good deal

Sakho was good for me, but once I had Doria, Balanta and Dede I couldn't resist a £25m bid from Real Madrid.

Sold £130m worth of players before the 4th season. So I decided to treat myself and buy Sandro, Aguero (both transfer listed at City) and Jack Wilshere. Quite excited about a strike force of Suarez and Aguero, with Wilshere attacking from the midfield.

How much did Aguero cost? I was thinking of going after him. I have Suarez, Sturridge, Barbosa and Borini up front now, but Borini is gone for sure at the end of season 2 and I haven't decided on Sturridge yet. City finished 8th in my first season, but Lewondski chose to join them ahead of me even though I offered him more money. Now they're in 10th and have just fired their second manager, so maybe I can get Aguero at the end of this season.

How much did Aguero cost? I was thinking of going after him. I have Suarez, Sturridge, Barbosa and Borini up front now, but Borini is gone for sure at the end of season 2 and I haven't decided on Sturridge yet. City finished 8th in my first season, but Lewondski chose to join them ahead of me even though I offered him more money. Now they're in 10th and have just fired their second manager, so maybe I can get Aguero at the end of this season.

Originally on the transfer list for £59m, but after a month or so that went down to £28.5m. City finished 7th that season so he wanted CL football. He started out brilliantly but since then I can't seem to get both him and Suarez firing.

Just finished pre-season season 4.

Players In:

Berardi £9.5M

Players Out:

Lewandowski £56M

Sturridge £6M

Robinson £1.1M

Coates £3.3M

Miglonet £6.25M

Need to sign a backup/hot prospect keeper as Reina is my only recognized keeper at the moment.

Jerome Sinclair has started brightly with a goal in each of my opening PL games

Archived