FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Am I being stupid, I cant see that option in training

Go to the player's profile, click on development and then the "training" aspect of development and on the left you should see "individual training". On the bit where it says "preferred move training", you click on the coach you want to train them and then go to finishing and then "place shots" is one of them. There's all sorts of things in there that can help develop players.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gave up on my last save, had a good pre-season then it all goes pear-shaped, forgot about Honda is my excuse :)

This time I remembered to sign Honda for 1.6m (only because I wanted him now).

Ins (Up to 22 Jul) - Will Hughes (10.5M and loaned back), Martin Montoya (6.5M) and Keisuke Honda 1.6M (just scored a great free-kick))

Outs - Reina 9.75M (Napoli) and Borini 3.2M (Sunderland)

Now trying my FM2013 starting tactic of 4-2-3-1

Pre-Season (to-date) :-

U21s 3-0 (Sturridge, Suarez, Allen),

Hamilton(A) 1-1 (Stevie Gerrard)

Dundee(A) 4-0 (Stirling, Hendo, Coutinho and Hughes (just before he left for Derby))

Partick Thistle(A) 4-3 (Montoya, Hendo(2), Honda)

Go to the player's profile, click on development and then the "training" aspect of development and on the left you should see "individual training". On the bit where it says "preferred move training", you click on the coach you want to train them and then go to finishing and then "place shots" is one of them. There's all sorts of things in there that can help develop players.

Thanks for the help :)

Another update

7th March 2015

Upated transfers OUT

Not much of an update at this point, i decided to loan out alot of my youngsters to get them playing some first team football, inlcuding Alberto to Aston Villa and Suso to Sunderland

2013-12-05_00004_zps156423c6.jpg

Upated transfers In

I was going through some of my scouts recommondations and i cam across this guy on a FREE TRANSFER :D only problem is he is 31 and can't get a WP so when the transfer window opens again i can loan him out to Genk until i hopefully get that WP otherwise what a waste

2013-12-05_00005_zps7a7bb4b8.jpg

Current Premier League Standings

2013-12-05_00001_zps59a2f2c2.jpg

League Results (December 2014 wasn't my best month :(

2013-12-05_00002_zpse479a933.jpg

Champions League Standings

2013-12-05_00003_zps905d4535.jpg

Thanks for the help :)

You're welcome mate.

I'm still in my friendlies but have won all of them so far, mixing up the tactics I'm using. I've offered for Balanta and the deal includes him going back to River for the season, not sure if that's worth it or not but I wouldn't have space for him right now considering that I still have Agger, Skrtel (who is about to go on loan/be sold), Kolo, Sakho, Doria, Wisdom and Ilori, which is more than enough, even for my 3 at the back formation. Both Ilori and Wisdom are 3 and a half stars for me and are being tutored and will play in the league cup games/fa cup games and whenever there are injuries (hopefully there are not many!).

Slightly annoyed that after this patch, more teams are after Zivkovic and Cerri who are both available to offer a contract too immediately, and they have chosen other teams :(. But it's okay, I have Tielemans!

Think I only have 2 or 3 more friendlies left before the season gets underway.

I personally find that Hendo and Allen have come on a good bit for me and im glad i kept both of them and as glenn28 said a good backup for Stevie G.

I sell Allen immediately for £8m to Newcastle. But I'm keeping Hendo for this save anyway, and will see how his season goes. I normally get about £8 to £10m for him though.

I sell Allen immediately for £8m to Newcastle. But I'm keeping Hendo for this save anyway, and will see how his season goes. I normally get about £8 to £10m for him though.

Why i don't... a very good squad player at the very least.

2013-12-05_00006_zpsc974c284.jpg

2013-12-05_00007_zps7b275b36.jpg

2013-12-05_00008_zps4f684abf.jpg

2013-12-05_00009_zpsdbb1e821.jpg

but each to their own i guess.

Just into Feb in my first season atm. Doing really well, at the top a couple of points clear, still in the league and FA cups. Transfers I can remember (at work right now) were Henderson to Schalke ($12m), Reina to Napoli ($9.5m), Moses returned to Chelsea, Toure to a French team ($500k), Honda in ($1.2m), Lewandski (spelt wrong I think!) in ($20m), Will Hughes ($7m loaded back to Derby).

Having a great run with a 4-1-2-2-1 line up. Lewandski has around 15 goals, Coutinho and Suarez both nearing 10.

Looking at adding another left back, right back, and DM before next season. Also think Allen, Agger, and Sturridge will leave. All not playing. Well enough for their salaries.

Oh, and Drogba and Casillas (spelt wrong again I think, but the Barcalona keeper) join me on 1/7 on frees!

YES. First time ever!

db5u.jpg

Won everything last season, first ECC win in my career! In 2014.

Wow! Nice one mate! Keep it up!

Sturridge has asked why am I under-achieving, he has scored 2 in 14 games. Too bad I couldn't just tell him that he is useless and squanders all my chances

Haha, yeah only if! Have you tried telling him to shoot less and place shots for his ppms?

Started second season but it seems the latest patch has rendered my preffered tactics useless. I am currently experimenting with a 3-5-2 but I if stick with that I will have to change my squad around a lot.

I sold almost everyone heres my team on the start of second season

------------P(werner)00---TMs(Mitrovic)---

Suso(dws)----------------------------coutinho (dws)

-----------Strrotman(dlps)--Wanyama(cmd)

Allextelless(wba)------------------------Descilio(wba)

------------Sakho----------Papadopolous-------------

-------------------Szeceny-------------------------

Stegen was 24 mil in value and they want 34+ so I said no ( you can buy szeceny at second season for around 7mil)

subs: allen, hendo, kelly , balanta, robinson,stones,javi,sterling,ibe, rudy(backup gk)-gerrard

I sold almost everyone heres my team on the start of second season

------------P(werner)00---TMs(Mitrovic)---

Suso(dws)----------------------------coutinho (dws)

-----------Strrotman(dlps)--Wanyama(cmd)

Allextelless(wba)------------------------Descilio(wba)

------------Sakho----------Papadopolous-------------

-------------------Szeceny-------------------------

Stegen was 24 mil in value and they want 34+ so I said no ( you can buy szeceny at second season for around 7mil)

subs: allen, hendo, kelly , balanta, robinson,stones,javi,sterling,ibe, rudy(backup gk)-gerrard

My super dream team failed near the end preseaon... werner mitrovic out for 6,7 months, allen 4 months and balanta for 5 months

Started a new savegame but decided I have enough of the conventional liverpool

Im trying this Counter,fluid, high def, high temp pass space direct passing ,hassle,stay on feet, wider, early cross

-----------Stu(DFs)----Dlfa-------------

Balanta(dws)---------------hendo(dws)

-----------Cou(aps)--gerrard(cmd)-----

------------------Lucas(A)-----------

--------Sakho,Shawcross,Papdopulous

preseason went well

What was your preferred tactic?

Liverpool_TacticsOverview_zps8fc3791d.png

I have been using this tactic with great success in 14.1.3 but now it is seems hopeless. All stats have gone down; possession, shots, CCC, and above all goals while the defence has gone from solid to leaky as hell.

I am currrently experimenting with a flat 3-5-2 which has performed well at home but is goal shy in away games.

Liverpool_TacticsOverview_zps8fc3791d.png

I have been using this tactic with great success in 14.1.3 but now it is seems hopeless. All stats have gone down; possession, shots, CCC, and above all goals while the defence has gone from solid to leaky as hell.

I am currrently experimenting with a flat 3-5-2 which has performed well at home but is goal shy in away games.

Right I see. I'm not that great with tactics but I'm sure that the new patch changed some things about so you may have to tweak that tactic. As for the 352 not working away, I've found that having different tactics for home and away is the ideal solution. Being a bit more defensive and countering (depending on the team too!).

i think my game might be coming to an end now. in season 2021-22

3 league title wins

1 fa cup winner

2 community shield wins

1 champions league win

1 world club cup win

1 european super cup win

got loads of youngsters in my team, so tempted to continue to see how they get on

This game is load of **** i won my pre season games 6 in a row leading into the season proper & lose my 1st 2 games it can be rigged at times

Because pre season friendlies are always massive indications of how well you're going to do in the league...

I had originally got up to February 2015 on 14.1.3 but restarted season 2 after the 14.1.4 update and have now reached February again.

This was the league table when I using 14.1.3

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile1413_zpsb2b43cfe.png

And after reapeating the season on 14.1.4

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile1414_zpsc25b501d.png

My new formation is started to come good although I don't have any natural ML or MR in the squad. Missed my striker transfer target but luckily Paloschi has started to score goals. Balanta was the only cash transfer in during the window.

532_zpsdf882ca5.png

Had a tough time when Gerrard and Suarez were injured and Yaya was in Africa but I am now happy with the team and have given some of the youngsters a few starts. Got Alex in as a Tutor as he still has great stats and Leader personality.

Well, I'm sure it might help with player confidence.

Keep going at it Glenn, I'm sure you'll get it working soon :thup:

Never mate its annoying when you take ages to change your staff & think the tactics work in pre season then they fail when season proper starts ill get there in the end :D

Has anyone manage a long term save( except perhaps glenn28 :p) how does the debt go? when does liverpool finances become clear 2nd or 3rd season? ( apart from selling all the big name for some big money)

We have a £31m loan debt to pay off so £550k goes every month I believe. That's about 56 months, which is about 4.6 years.

Has anyone manage a long term save( except perhaps glenn28 :p) how does the debt go? when does liverpool finances become clear 2nd or 3rd season? ( apart from selling all the big name for some big money)

db5u.jpg

Not sure if my loans are paid off, but got Liverpool to richest club by 2017!

Haha fingers crossed soon :D

Archived