FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

Decided before my 4th round replay to Milwall to temporarily drop my 4-2-3-1, as I can only assume teams had cracked it.

Changed my 4-3-3 that I hadn't used to often and everything for now has turned around.

Giroud has gone from having only scored 9 goals all season up until February, to scoring 7 in 5. Mitrovic has got 5 in the 2 games he's played. Walcott, Chamberlain and Bernard have all started chipping in.

I have been letting goals in though, Southampton 5-4, Fulham 4-3, Ipswich 5-3. I guess with the way I set my team out it is expected, but I like taking the I'll score more than you approach :p.

on the other hand the less you conceed the less you have to score to win

btw can you post a screenshot off your 4-33

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on the other hand the less you conceed the less you have to score to win

btw can you post a screenshot off your 4-33

That is true.

Screenshot2013-12-02at201837_zps791d240a.png

Different players have different instructions for when they play eg Bernard is IF Attack, Cazorla Support, Campbell Winger attack. I also change between attacking and counter depending on opponents.

Just wondering how everyone approaches the signing of young regens. What potential rating do you aim for? Do you buy them as early as possible for what ever price or wait until they've developed a bit before signing them?

OMG my game crashed too :( Think I did not saved...

This time I won 4-1 against Galatasaray. Goals by Bender, Wilshere (2x), Vela.

Too bad for ManU they lost their game this time 1-0 vs Sporting Lisboa :p (before crash they won 1-0)

Just wondering how everyone approaches the signing of young regens. What potential rating do you aim for? Do you buy them as early as possible for what ever price or wait until they've developed a bit before signing them?

I aim for at least 4.5*. So far I've been trying to get at least 5 in as early as possible, so I can develop them how I want. Though there are some on my shortlist that I'm going to wait to see how they develop elsewhere.

Was only able to beat City 2-0 after my game crashed. However, i did manage to pull this result off.

Screenshot2013-12-03at000752_zpsafe9668b.png

Mitrovic is really performing for me now, which is great as Giroud is injured for a month.

I have a feeling he could be unplayable in a season or two.

Screenshot2013-12-03at001045_zps6e02034a.png

I aim for at least 4.5*. So far I've been trying to get at least 5 in as early as possible, so I can develop them how I want. Though there are some on my shortlist that I'm going to wait to see how they develop elsewhere.

I do the same but often forget how many potentials I have in the youth squads and end up with a rather large squad! Normally by 2020 I'll be selling at least 2 a season. For a tidy sum of course but I think I need to reign in my youth intake!

Lone CF-Attack. Performed much better in a 4-3-3 than he did in a 4-2-31. Gets a lot of goals from crosses from my RW/RB

Cool looks like you are having some great success with that tactic. Where does Ozil play for you in there?

Cool looks like you are having some great success with that tactic. Where does Ozil play for you in there?

CM, as a Advanced playmaker - Attack, next to B2B. Sometimes to accomodate Wilshere and Ramsey, I'll push Ozil out wide right as a Inside Forward attack, though I rather have him central. Have only just started to train him to CM an accomplished position for him.

Just going to sell Giroud I think. He's too inconsistent and always moaning about a new contract.

Might just give up anyway, sick and tired of seeing full backs score their first goal of the season due to an amazing lob. For a game that prides itself on realism it's not doing a very good job at all.

this is what happens to me too. bought as many good regens and ended up having a large squad. this time around though, I only buy regens with 4.5-5 stars, an limiting myself from buying more than 2 in the same position. and they must at least be 3-4 years younger than my first teamers.

I do the same but often forget how many potentials I have in the youth squads and end up with a rather large squad! Normally by 2020 I'll be selling at least 2 a season. For a tidy sum of course but I think I need to reign in my youth intake!

FM14 season 1 – November

A productive month

Before a ball was kicked we had the league cup quarter final draw. We got Man City away. Chelsea drew Newcaslte at home and in the other two ties of no interest Nottingham Forrest play West Ham and Southampton host Stoke.

PL – Hull City 1-3 Arsenal – Sagbo 84 – Vietto 2 Giroud 65 Cazorla 83

I felt it was time to give Vietto a chance and he took two minutes to thank me. Slamming home for the opener. We dominated much of the game and Hull’s only shot produced the goal. A good win with Walcott left on the bench. Everton along with Man City lost meanng we were top of the pile after 10 games.

CL – Steau 0-2 Arsenal – Vietto 45 Wilshere 64

Déjà vu. Again I preferred Vietto to Walcott and again he scored. Ozil was also on the bench. The game itself wasn’t a classic and we should have scored more but I’m happy with the result. Good to see wilshere score. In the other game Zenit beat Atletico 3-0. They stay top on head to head.

PL – Liverpool 1-3 Arsenal – Aspas 20 – Giroud 17 71 86

We caught Liverpool at the best time. Suarez and Sturridge both out injured meant having gone goalless at Stamford Bridge and drawn 2-2 at the Etihad this time I could go for the win. Walcott stayed on the bench but Ozil replaced Podolski.On another day we could’ve lost but Giroud’s second coming after Liverpool had dominated the second half killed the game and they had nothing on the bench. Great win.

PL – Arsenal 3-2 Newcastle – Walcott 16 90 Mertersacker 45 – Zaha 5 85

Newcastle had lost 4 of their last 5 and came here with little hope but were given a dream start when on loan Zaha gave them a very early lead with a good header. The recalled Walcott Got us level and having controlled the half Mertersacker gave us the lead on the stroke of halftime. The second half saw us in a more conservative mood but a mazy run by Zaha saw Newcaslte equalise with just five minutes to go. I threw on Podolski and Vietto but it was Giroud’s headed flick on that set up Walcott to chip home in Injury Time. Lucky.

CL – Atletico Madrid 0-3 – Arsenal – Walcott 37 43 Ozil 90

Already in spain I went and watched Barcelona vs Man City expecting a Messi masterclass. It didn’t turn out that way as City snatched a 1-0 win seeing them through to the last 16. We would join them there after beating Atletico 3-0 with a very good defensive display. Back to back braces for Walcott and Ozil’s first for the club. Zenit only drew at home to Steaua meaning we just needed to draw to them at the Emirates to top the group.

PL – Arsenal 2-0 West Brom – Cazorla 51 Walcott 64pen – Lugano s/o 54

Before the West Brom game I was offered a new contract but rejected it due to the fact they were lowing my wage by 20k. Possibly distracted by that i didn't look at the fitness meaning players like Giroud who normally wouldn't play with 87% still played. Ramsey missed the game through a small injury. We were excellent in the first half but weren’t helped by Ben Foster in the West Brom goal. Eventually Cazorla stepped up to curl a beauty of a free kick past Foster for the opener. Lugano was then sent off but the game had long gone by the time Walcott slotted in a penalty. Next up Old Trafford.

Premier League Table top 5

When do I take the blue half of merseyside seriously? More the red half that’s for sure.

1. Arsenal Played 13 points 33

2. Everton Played 13 points 33

3. Man United Played 13 Points 30

4. Chelsea Played 13 points 28

5. Man City played 13 Points 22

-------------------------------------

6. Tottenham played 12 points 21

11. Liverpool played 12 points 15

Goalscorers

Walcott 16

Giroud 15

Vietto 7

Cazorla 7

Mertersacker 3

Assists

Giroud 7

Cazorla 7

Ozil 6

Sagna 5

Arteta 5

Average rating – minimum 5 games

Giroud 7.86

Mertersacker 7.81

Walcott 7.65

Vietto 7.51

Cazorla 7.34

Ozil up to 7.24 Szszesny is sameas last month with 6.97

Player of the month – Olivier Giroud

Walcott could easily have got it with 5 in his last 3 as could Mertersacker but with four goals and four assists I will agree with the premier league and give it to Giroud.

PL – Hull City – 8.4(1)

CL – Steau Bucherest 6.6 sub71

PL - Liverpool – 9.5(3)

PL – Newcastle United – 8.0

CL - Atletico Madrid –– 7.2 – sub88

PL – West Brom 6.9 – Sub59

Game of the month

Everton 2 – 0 Mancester United - Mirallas 26 65 - Fellaini s/o 55

I expected to be going to Old Trafford as a top of the table clash but then Everton beat United at Goodison. Poor old Fellaini.

Stat of the month

2’s not a charm

So far this season one of the recurring themes is the amount of times we’ve been unable to keep a clean sheet. Alone we have conceeded more than 1 in a game five times. I have been tinkering a lot so maybe I am at fault but it is still frustrating.

Games 22

Goals 55

Conceeded 17

Clean Sheets 10

Home goals scored - 33

Home goals Conceeded - 7

Away goals Scored - 22

Away goals conceeded – 10

Shots target goals– 335/175/53/

Shots target conceeded – 249/117/22/

Shots to target Percentage 52.2

Shots to goals Percentage– 30.2

Shots to target conceeded – 46.98

Shots to goals conceeded – 18.80

Other stuff

I finally won manager of the month! Giroud as mentioned earlier scooped the player of the month for his four goals. Cazorla's free kick against Hull was second in goal of the month.

In the world cup play offs France, Denmark, Croatia and Ukraine all went through.

Allan Pardew was sacked as Newcastle manager after a poor run of form. Harry Rednapp has taken over.

Per Mertersacker has been offered a new deal. Sagna still wants to talk at the end of the season

RACE FOR THER TITLE

Current Results

November Matches

Liverpool 1-3 Arsenal – Aspas – Giroud 3

Man City 0-0 Liverpool

Last two months have been quiet but a lot coming in December though.

December Matches

Tottenham vs Man City

Man United vs Arsenal

Tottenham vs Chelsea

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Man City vs Man United

Chelsea vs Man United

December preview

Two big draws coming up in the first few days. There is the Fa Cup 3rd round draw and the World Cup draw. I am eagerly awaiting both.

On the pitch we host Zenit just needing a draw to top the group. We have a tricky quarter final tie at Man City. Haven’t decided my team yet while in the league United away is the only really tough game.

One Tactic Season 2013/14

March 2014

Capital One Cup - Final

Arsenal 3 - 1 Chelsea - Vermaelen, Arteta (pen), Wilshere, - after extra time

FA Cup 6th Rnd

Arsenal 3 - 1 Norwich - Vietto, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Özil (pen)

Premier League

Norwich 2 - 1 Arsenal - Wilshere

Arsenal 4 - 1 A.Villa - Walcott, Monreal, Giroud, Özil

UEFA Champions League 1st K/O 2nd leg

Arsenal 2 - 1 FCP - Vietto, Cazorla

..........(5-3)

Premier League

Tottenham 0 - 2 Arsenal - Vietto, Dawson og

Arsenal 3 - 0 West Ham - Cazorla, Giroud (2)

Arsenal 3 - 2 Chelsea - Wilshere, Özil (2, 1 pen)

We picked up our first silverware of the season, Capital One Cup, after an extra time win over Chelsea after the score was 1-1 after 90 mins.

The top 5 of the Premier League......

1 Arsenal P 31 - 83 pts

2 Newcastle P 31 - 69 pts

3 Man Utd P 31 - 64 pts

4 Man City P 31 - 57 pts

5 Chelsea P 31 - 57 pts

After a 5-3 aggregate win over FC Porto we have been given the unenviable task of taking on FC Bayern in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League, with the first leg at home.

In the FA Cup the Semi-Final draw has been made......Barnsley v Newcastle and Crystal Palace v Arsenal

November & December 2014

PL - Arsenal 3-1 Newcastle - Giroud (2), Coloccini

UCL - Dortmund 1-3 Arsenal - Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud

PL - Cardiff 1-0 Arsenal

PL - Arsenal 2-0 Norwich - Cazorla, Giroud

UCL - Arsenal 4-1 Lille - Marin og, Podolski, Ozil, Enyeama og

PL - Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea - Arteta

PL - Wigan 1-3 Arsenal - Giroud, Toure og, Oxlade-Chamberlain

PL - West Brom 2-0 Arsenal

UCL - Galatasaray 3-0 Arsenal

PL - Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd - Koscielny, Arteta

PL - Arsenal 3-0 Tottenham - Giroud, Koscielny, Walcott

PL - Everton 2-2 Arsenal - Giroud, Arteta

PL - Swansea 1-0 Arsenal

Premier League

1 - Chelsea - 39

2 - Arsenal - 37

3 - Man Utd - 33

4 - Tottenham - 33

--------------------

5 - Liverpool - 31

6 - Aston Villa - 31

7 - Man City - 28

8 - Stoke - 26

9 - Southampton - 26

10 - Nottingham Forest - 24

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Leeds United v Arsenal

UEFA Champions League

AC Milan v Arsenal

Player of the Month

November - Sergio Aguero (Man City)

December - Ricky van Wolfswinkel (Norwich)

Young Player of the Month

November & December - Jack Butland (Stoke)

Manager of the Month

November & December - Jose Mourinho (Chelsea)

Goal of the Month

November - Oscar (Chelsea)

December - James Chester (Hull)

Another tricky couple of months, suffering away from home a lot, but we rallied with superb wins over title rivals Man Utd & Tottenham. Our form is not title form though.

The league was all sewn up by beating Liverpool and City failing to win with 5 games left. Haven't won a league game since, 0-0 at Spurs, and lost 2-1 to both Stoke and Chelsea, all games were away though and did not play my strongest team in either of the games.

Just beat a very good and tough Stuttgart team 2-0 on aggregate to reach the Champions League final.

Now I've got Man City in the F.A. Cup final.

The treble is still alive.

I know i should wait for the April update but we have just progressed to the Champions League Semi-Finals after a 3-1 home win over Champions FC Bayern and a 0-0 draw in Germany. The draw is O. Lyonnais v Arsenal and Man City v Man Utd.

AND! after Newcastle's 0-0 draw with Chelsea at St James Park, we have been crowned 2014 Premier League Champions.

Next match FA Cup Semi-Final against Crystal Palace, the winner to play either Barnsley or Newcastle in the final.

I am now in my 2 season and looking for a striker I have got bids for mitrovic and benteke accepted, unsure of which one to go for ? any advice would be helpful

I would say Mitrovic, he's younger and potentially could be better, and should be cheaper. However, I am biased seeing as he is the only striker I've signed on the game so far and he's been great for me.

Benteke destroyed me in games for Villa though and would probably make a more immediate impact.

Season 2014/15 Review.

After stuttering at times during the season and not hitting our best, we came into a purple patch of form come March to have an even more sucessful season that the one before.

Premiership

LeagueTable1415_zps07cc5267.png

Won the game with 5 games spare. Was a much tougher race than 13/14 though, City were really battling with me up until the end of march.

F.A. Cup

Was on paper an easier passage to the final, we just made it hard for ourselves, having replays against Millwall and Ipswich. However we got to Wembely and Captain Marvel won the cup for us.

FACupFinal2015_zps67cff28e.png

Champions League.

Went past Spartak Moscow with ease, the same surprisingly with P.S.G, winning 8-4 on aggregate. Tough Semi against a very good Stuttgart side. This lead to Real Madrid in the final. I wanted to avenge the semi-final defeat from the year before, and we did exactly that. Bernard's goal was brilliant.

ChampionsLeagueFinal2015_zps97a8f873.png

I'm very happy to of won the 'treble'. Hopefully it's the first of many European Cups.

Here's my squad at the end of the season. Everyone picked up their form when I changed to my 4-3-3.

Arsenal1415June_zpsf45f9de9.png

I'm really quite happy with the squad and any major transfers coming in will revolve around players departing. Rosicky has retired and become a coach. He actually had a man of the match performance in his last game at home, 2 goals and 2 assists. Jenkinson has been told he'd be sold at the end of the season. I'm tempted to sell Cazorla. Struggled to get into the 1st team on many occasion, plus I want to free up space for Zelalem when he returns. If a big offer comes in for Koscielny I may be tempted to sell as well.

Transfers I am looking at are maybe a new young striker to play back up to Giroud and Mitrovic who will be on rotation next year as Mitrovic has developed a lot, and possibly a new young AML to compete with Bernard. I've eyed up some 18-19 year old regens in Argentina and Brazil who potentially look really good and not too expensive, but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Really enjoying his years edition of the game so far. Everything seems more refined.

Hello all,

I'm still struggling after tweaking things a bit (from advice from some diamonds on here) so was thinking of changing my formation to the 4-3-1-2 as in the screenie below. Was just wondering what people think, what roles I should/could give people - in the screenie thats just a rough idea. It can lack width I guess but have had great success with it before (on FM13 admittedly) and both full backs are attacking.

ScreenShot2013-12-03at230423_zps4480c70c.png

This is my current squad if anyone thinks I should play other people in certain positions maybe. Thing is I want to keep Özil in 'the hole' as he is by far my best player & most consistent performer. I also like having 2 up-front & have Mitrovic coming at the end of the season (bought already & loaned back to Anderlecht) just bought Khedira too as Flamini just wasn't performing well enough.

ScreenShot2013-12-03at230437_zpsbadd243b.png

Very interested to hear peoples thoughts and advice. Thanks a lot guys - really appreciate it :thup:

Outstanding season Timmy, congratulations. Very impressive.

Willybroadband - with that system, Ozil in the hole would work well. Maybe as a Trequartista to encourage roaming into the channels. Also get those full backs forward to provide the width.

Very interested to hear peoples thoughts and advice. Thanks a lot guys - really appreciate it :thup:

Looks promising to me. I would personally have Khedira in a defence duty and Honda in support, but otherwise looks good, would be interesting to see how well this gets on.

I assume Walcott will be playing up front when he's back from injury if you continue to use this system?

a 4-3-1-2 is prone to be very unifocal in terms of attacking routes. Make sure good width, your AMC needs lots of licence, and make sure there is some variety from deep too; e.g. A good dribbler from deep and a creative passer at AMC maybe?

Starting my first game after the update in charge of Arsenal, i hope to take the world by storm with the team i put together here. So, these are my signings :

mswx.png

8l25.png

And these are my tactics :

r055.png

With instructions as retain possession, run at defence, pass into space, roam from positions, be more expressive.

jouh.png

u9kr.png

I hope you will give me suggestions regarding a better suited tactic to my players and style.

I adjusted the tactics in setting Cazorla to Advanced Playmaker instead of Enganche, Ramsey to box-to-box, Lewa to Complete Striker and Mertesacker with a cover instruction, and unticked roam from positions.

One last thing, should i sell Walcott for 30 mil ? How he did in your saves ... if i'll play 4-2-3-1 narrow, he wouldnt fit in my style ...

Time for a monster update.

February

PL - Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle Giroud 45, Ozil 49

PL - Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal Gerrard 34 Mertesacker 81

PL - West Brom 1-1 Arsenal Long 70 Giroud 72

FA Cup 5th Round - Reading 1-1 Arsenal Le Fondre 24 Giroud 22

PL - Arsenal 4-1 Hull Cazorla 7, Giroud 22, Arteta 53, Koren O.G. 90 Ings 65

CL 1st Round 1st Leg - Marseille 2-3 Arsenal Valbuena 25, Mertesacker O.G. 70 Ozil 10, 82, Walcott 84

March

FA Cup 5th Round Replay - Arsenal 2-0 Reading Podolski 4, Morrison O.G. 72

FA Cup Quarter Final - Brighton 1-1 Arsenal Orlandi 14 Walcott 93

As you can see I've been having trouble in the cups against inferior sides.

PL - Arsenal 3-0 Fulham Arteta 57, Wilshere 71, 85

PL - West Ham 0-4 Arsenal Ozil 24, 54 pen, Koscielny 30, Cazorla 43

CL 1st Knockout 2nd Leg - Arsenal 2-2 Marseille (5-4 on agg) Ramsey 33, Ramirez 40 Keita 36, Gignac 91

Bit frustrating to concede a last minute equaliser and I've still yet to win a proper CL match at home! 4 draws in a row.

PL - Norwich 1-2 Arsenal Hoolahan 78 Giroud 21, Vermaelen 90

We were really poor and probably deserved a draw at most, but Vermaelen's last minute winner is the stuff titles are made of

FA Cup Quarter Final Replay - Arsenal 2-0 Brighton Rosicky 45, Walcott 64

A recurring theme of the FA Cup. We draw against dross away and comfortably beat them in the replay. Frustrating.

PL - Arsenal 0-0 Crystal Palace

Arggghh. We really needed to win this. A draw isn't good enough considering our next 3 games are Real Madrid, Manchester United, Real Madrid.

April

CL Quarter Final 1st Leg - Arsenal 3-1 Real Madrid Ozil 2, 29, Walcott 25 Bale 8

Our first proper win at the Emirates in the CL this season and what a win! Madrid are destroying everyone in La Liga but yet couldn't live with us for the majority of the game.

PL - Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal Rooney 68, Young 71

This was must not lose and we were well in the game before they hit us on the break twice in 3 minutes. Title is well and truly in United's hands now.

CL Quarter Final 2ng Leg - Real Madrid 2-1 Arsenal Bale 37,Khedira 41 Ramirez 51

Despite being battered during the last 30 minutes we managed to hold on to secure a semi final tie against Benfica.

FA Cup Semi Final - Arsenal 3-1 Newcastle Ozil 17, 63, Koscielny 70 Cisse 46

A comfortable win to book a Final showdown with Manchester United. The treble is ON.

PL - Arsenal 4-0 Cardiff Cazorla 19, Taylor O.G. 51, Chamberlain 77, Ramirez 82

PL - Sunderland 1-3 Arsenal Johnson 61 Giroud 62, Cazorla 88, 94

This late, LATE win over Sunderland not only relegated them but put us back on track with United drawing. 2 points seperate us.

CL Semi Final 1st Leg - Benfica 1-0 Arsenal Almeida 91

A really poor game which was settled by a late wonder strike. We should have too much for them at home, but the lack of away goal is a worry.

PL - Tottenham 1-0 Arsenal Lamela 89

Our hearts are broken for the second time in 4 days. Lamela's last minute goal makes the title almost impossible to win now. I have 3 games remaining, United 2. United are 5 points clear.

CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Arsenal 2-0 Benfica Giroud 60,61

We recovered well from the previous couple of setbacks to cruise our way into the final.

Argghhhh United slipped up meaning I had a great shout at the title but Jenkinson has pretty much cost me a win. Ended up losing 3-1 at home to Everton. I'm 3 points behind going into the last day. Jenkinson probably getting sold now.

I hate a late season collapse ajw10 - not really recovered in form since either. Great being in the final of the champions league though.

Georgik - obvious issues, your first tactic has a single focal point of attack (giroud the only real goalscoring threat) with little movement behind. On all your systems an attack duty in a 4-2-3-1's central midfield pair is a very bad idea, robs your team of proper defensive cover in midfield. Finally a poacher as a lone forward is a very bad idea, they have too little link-play, and giroud is built for link-play.

Looks promising to me. I would personally have Khedira in a defence duty and Honda in support, but otherwise looks good, would be interesting to see how well this gets on.

I assume Walcott will be playing up front when he's back from injury if you continue to use this system?

Yeah man, Walcott up front until the end of the season - have just called Vietto back from his loan spell at QPR too. Do you think a BBM, BWM/Def & DLP/Sup can work as a middle three? Honda hasn't been first choice all season but he always plays well - have Arteta as an option too. Ramsey I loaned out but could call back.

Saying I had great success with this on FM13 means sod all on this game, haha. See how it goes. Thanks for your advice dude.

a 4-3-1-2 is prone to be very unifocal in terms of attacking routes. Make sure good width, your AMC needs lots of licence, and make sure there is some variety from deep too; e.g. A good dribbler from deep and a creative passer at AMC maybe?

Hi llama3, what do you mean by unifocal sorry? Will be making Özil the AMC as a Treq to give him more licence. The good dribbler can be Jack & also Honda is a good creative passer. Will have both full backs on Attack also - Clyne & Gibbs.

I hate a late season collapse ajw10 - not really recovered in form since either. Great being in the final of the champions league though.

Georgik - obvious issues, your first tactic has a single focal point of attack (giroud the only real goalscoring threat) with little movement behind. On all your systems an attack duty in a 4-2-3-1's central midfield pair is a very bad idea, robs your team of proper defensive cover in midfield. Finally a poacher as a lone forward is a very bad idea, they have too little link-play, and giroud is built for link-play.

Thanks :) I adjusted my tactics, and given Ramsey a box to box duty, and Lewandowski a complete striker role, but Lewa still struggles to score goals unfortunately, but i've got good results so far.

One Tactic Season 2013/14

April/May 2014

UEFA Champions League Quater Final 1st leg

Arsenal 3 - 1 FC Bayern - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Gibbs

Premier League

Sunderland 2 - 2 Arsenal - Vietto (2), Monreal s/o, Balanta s/o

UEFA Champions League Quater Final 2nd leg

FC Bayern 0 (1) - (3) 0 Arsenal

FA Cup Semi-Final

C. Palace 0 - 1 Arsenal - Oxlade-Chamberlain

Premier League

Arsenal 1 - 0 Liverpool - Giroud

Man Utd 1 - 0 Arsenal - Sagna s/o

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st leg

O. Lyonnais 2 - 0 Arsenal

Premier League

Arsenal 3 - 1 Southampton - Giroud (2), Wilshere

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd leg

Arsenal 2 (2) - (2) 0 O. Lyonnais - Jourdren o/g, Vermaelen

Arsenal won 5-3 on penalties

Premier League

Hull City 1 - 3 Arsenal - Özil (2), McGregor o/g

Arsenal 1 - 0 Stoke - Giroud

FA Cup Final

Newcastle 0 - 2 Arsenal - Monreal, Wilshere

UEFA Champions League Final

Man City 2 - 2 Arsenal - Cazorla, Khedira

Arsenal won 5-4 on penalties

What a fantastic season the club has had. 4 trophies in our first season together.

Premier League

Champions - Arsenal - ECC

2nd - Man Utd - ECC

3rd - Newcastle - ECC

4th - Tottenham - ECC

5th - Chelsea - EC

6th - Man City - EC

7th - Stoke - EC

Relegated; Sunderland, Fulham, C. Palace. Promoted from Championship; Watford, Nottm Forest, Wigan Ath

FA Cup

Winners - Arsenal

Runners Up - Newcastle

UEFA Champions League

Winners - Arsenal

Runners Up - Man City

UEFA Champions Cup Best Player - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Capital One Cup

Winners - Arsenal

Runners Up - Chelsea

World Player of the Year - Mesut Özil

Footballer of the Year - Mesut Özil

Players Young Player of the Year; 1st Oxlade-Chamberlain. 2nd Balanta

Manager of the Year 1st - Myself, 2nd Pardew, 3rd Hughes

European Golden Boy; Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

May

PL - Arsenal 4-0 Aston Villa Giroud 34, Mertesacker 50, Ramirez 68, Cazorla 72

PL - Arsenal 1-3 Everton Giroud 36 Deulofeu 56, Barry 72, Oviedo 90

Gah. A win would have seen me go level on points with United with a much superior goal difference. It was looking promising until Jenkinson allowed Deulofeu to score. Deulofeu danced through our side again to set up Barry. I pushed everyone forward desperately for a goal and Everton hit us on the break. Oviedo scoring a goal which was very similar to O'Shea's in 2005. Everton become the only side to do the double over us this season too.

PL - Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea Mertesacker 58, Vermaelen 78 Eto'o 14

So we go into the last match knowing that we must win and Manchester United must lose at Crystal Palace. We done our bit, but unfortunately United got a point. That Everton game proved costly

So the League Table ends like this

1. Manchester United 85

2. Arsenal 84

3. Everton 73

4. Chelsea 72

5. Manchester City 64

6. Aston Villa 61

Liverpool and Spurs finished 7th and 8th. Cardiff, West Ham and Sunderland all went down.

FA Cup Final - Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United Giroud 57, 62

Finally, a trophy to end the drought. I was expecting a tough, closely fought game and for almost an hour it was. Giroud's wonderful individual goal opened the game up before he ended it 5 mins later, heading in from an excellent Jenkinson cross. Big win, putting us in good spirits for the CL Final against Barcelona.

CL Final - Barcelona 0-2 Arsenal Ramsey 2, Giroud 54

Wow. Wasn't expecting this at all. Barcelona had slightly more possession but we had the best chances. Ramsey's 2nd goal of the season really shocked Barcelona before Giroud managed to glide past the defence and Valdes to wrap it up. Amazing performance.

Well done ajw10, you'll get the league next time.

I didn't realise Walcott's contract expires in 2016. Went to negotiate with him and he's demanding £180K, 40K Appearance bonus, £20K unused sub fee and a £3.4M loyalty bonus. He performed well for me the year before, but I can't bring myself giving him really anything above his current contract.

However, I have just sold Cazorla for £15M to PSG and would be light on the flanks. I've go Vitinho from CSKA coming in for £100K, but he's mainly back up.

Anyone got any ideas what I should do and any potential replacements for him?

Super there ajw & RG, good to hear things improving georgik, and finally willybroadband - by unifocal i mean a single route of attack. Creating variation and different routes of attack is important (sounds like you are doing it though)

Archived