FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept Welbeck and used him as a Advanced Forward and he scored buckets for me. Sold him for 45 million after 3 or 4 years to Barcelona.

Hernandez just wasnt that good probably because my tactic was not the best for him, I play with an Advanced forward and a Deep Lying Forward and those do not suit hi, that well but still sold him for 35 million pounds to Monaco after a season or 2.

need to get Hernandez pack in my good books then :/

Would never sell Welbeck, he bangs them in consistantly when he plays.

some preseason highlights playing quality stuff

79357E0C2E4BD15B7C4A1F46F2468176B24C8214

CA94A6A0C957F1D92C7A6BA0CDDB11F334233867

carrick is beastly when he comes forward.

33F3D322D84C5E2CB15A95D61C52E468E2B5339C

looks who is back :D

2AC43015D2C57663B0A4A21CD177FB2F32B6B3DE

what are Southampton smoking O.o

I got Rene back too. Tried to get Phelan too but he wouldn't come back.

Im just past January 1st season and sitting top of the league. The away form is a bit dodgey. Very impressed with Nani, he's broke into the first team recently and been performing well. Didn't sign anyone in January, just recalled M. Keane from a loan to use for the FA Cup games

how are people finding selling players since the last patch(previously I could get rid of Valencia/fellini/young etc for good money and get in some better players) offers are about 50% down on the original DB:thdn:( I know we are having a bad season but come on LOL) and trying to buy players most are double from before............was hoping for more than 12m to spend too, when I first saw it I counted the zeros as I thought it was a 120m:o as per all the reports in the tabloids that we have a war chest up to 200m to spend:), probably going to have to ship out some players I don't want to in order to raise the funds(kagawa...or rooney)

I got Rene back too. Tried to get Phelan too but he wouldn't come back.

Im just past January 1st season and sitting top of the league. The away form is a bit dodgey. Very impressed with Nani, he's broke into the first team recently and been performing well. Didn't sign anyone in January, just recalled M. Keane from a loan to use for the FA Cup games

I keep trying for Rene, not interested as of yet, also trying to get Giggs back (forgot to renew his contract, as a coach rather than a player/coach).

I've slowly given Keane more challenging surroundings; season 1 he went to League 1, Championship the next season and now he's with Villa in the Premier League. If he does well I'll look to bring him in as a fifth choice.

Trevomac how did Keane do before you recalled him?

How do people play Rooney?

Struggling to find a role to play him in effectively.

Play with a striker then 3 narrow attackin mids (no wingers), have tried him up to as CF and Poacher and in both attacking mid and support striker roles. Roughly 4/5 games in each position and none of them has he done much at all. Avg rating of 6.88 so far...

I had a good first season, won the league and FA cup. PSG came calling that summer for Rafeal. He got upset when I rejected their offer so I ended up selling him to PSG, got $60mil for him. Real Madrid asked about Nani, got him for $45mil. It sucks to lose Rafeal, but Jones and Smalling have been great in his place.

How do people play Rooney?

Struggling to find a role to play him in effectively.

Play with a striker then 3 narrow attackin mids (no wingers), have tried him up to as CF and Poacher and in both attacking mid and support striker roles. Roughly 4/5 games in each position and none of them has he done much at all. Avg rating of 6.88 so far...

I play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as AP in the AM position. He's not getting a ton of goals but getting a bunch of assists. His rating in season two is about 7.4

I play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as AP in the AM position. He's not getting a ton of goals but getting a bunch of assists. His rating in season two is about 7.4

I have a similar problem, I seem to be able to get either RvP or Rooney firing but not both. Compromised with Rooney as an F9 and van Persie as a Shadow Striker behind him - Rooney gets assists and a few goals, RvP gets goals. Although Kagawa has suddenly started scoring freely (6 in 4 games) with RvP out injured, so Robin may struggle to get back in the team after.

I have a similar problem, I seem to be able to get either RvP or Rooney firing but not both. Compromised with Rooney as an F9 and van Persie as a Shadow Striker behind him - Rooney gets assists and a few goals, RvP gets goals. Although Kagawa has suddenly started scoring freely (6 in 4 games) with RvP out injured, so Robin may struggle to get back in the team after.

Rooney has some highly rated skills, but he doesn't have very high position ratings. I've tried Rooney as they shadow striker, but not the other way around. I'll have to give it a try. So far in season 2, RVP is close to a goal a game though.

Help guys I've gone mental! Just began a Man Utd save one the new patch. Brock in the patch release statement teasingly suggested that taking over at Man Utd with the arrival of Mata and attempting to better Moyes was just too good to turn down. Only problem is I've had a mass clear out of what I considered to be the deadwood (barring Rafael, but I wanted an English emphasis on the team)

Players Out: Evans, Nani, Hernandez, Young, Welbeck, Rafael, Evra, Valencia and Cleverly, netting nearly £100million for them all! (no one will take Ferdinand)

Players In: K. Walker, L. Shaw, Balanta and Huntelaar. totalling £65million.

The board at first only gave 50%of incoming transfers so I ran out of money and needed a back up striker and Huntelaar was all I could find for cheap. Bit irritating but as long as I can hang in there, there or there abouts by Xmas I hope the board will back me with the finances to bring in 2/3 players as I'm starting with only an 18man squad due to getting carried away selling players.

Wishlist: Wilshere, Suarez (one can dream), unidentified CB & CM (any suggestions would be great!)

I hope someone did answer you earlier but if not a great CB is FC Schalke 04 greek lad.....think its Kyriakos Papadopoulos and he is usually a reasonable price

Jonathan Silva, probably the best young LB you can get in the game, he costs peanuts but develops into beast.

Just had a look at Silva, looks as good as Shaw (better defensively, less so attacking-wise) and still at Estudiantes. I may have to have a cheeky bid for him after Evra leaves at the end of the season. Driven personality too, which is a bonus; as Shaw's personality is taking ages to change even with tutoring.

I had a poor start to the third season, winning 1 and drawing 3 of my opening 5 games, although since changing my formation I've won 9 games in a row, scoring 25 and conceding 1 :cool:

Can I win against City in the Capital One Third Round to make it 10 in a row? Probably not, bloody Aguero.

EDIT: Typical, Aguero played poorly (for once), but scores two debatable penalties and gets man of the match. Scourge of my life that kid.

ManCityvManUtd_PostMatch_zps1104b200.png

I am having a look at some of the more attacking options in Europe at LB as well, quite a few decent young wing backs available

9E5AE72128632D5C6B286056647C3D8E490AA8EC]

Tony V scoring a couple of worldies :D

had a couple disallowed before he scored as well.

294E36198478DD3B645E9B9A0E7C6A3E4FC67AF2

this is will hughes on mine on my long save, tutoring him with Carrick atm

Hello,

I would like to hear, if any of you have success with both RVP and Rooney in the front? I'm playing a flat 4-4-2 formation, balanced and attacking. Now I'm wondering how I get the best out of RVP and Rooney.

In my formation Rooney is playing as the right forward in the DLF/support while RVP is playing as the left attacker as Complete Forward/attack. Rooney has created some assists and scored a few while RVP mostly scores from penalties. Valencia and Mata are playing as right and left wings and are often scoring goals assisted by Rooney from his deep lying position. Any advice on how I should kickstart RVP goal scoring form?

Anyone having success with Rooney as AMC and RVP as lone striker, and if so, what roles do you play them as?

Cheers

//jance

backroom advice he was a recommended coach, got Curbishley as well lol

who is Johnathon Silva? I will need another LB/LWB

thanks for that info, I will be buying him ASAP:D just dropped a boxxxxx was testing some facepacks/edited files(some paleyers not in game etc)and was looking at a few transfer targets..........saw verratti was available for loan(has anyone had this before)and got him for year with option to buy for 20m, however I forgot to save game on exit as it was a test run:o I have restarted again and he is not available to loan anymore, BUGGER:(

Hello,

I have decided to start a new game with the red devils after the new patch arrived. If you guys could give me some feedback on my tactical approach I would really appreciate it.

4-4-2 is the formation I will use, as it has a great tradition at the club. My plan is to develop a attacking 4-4-2 for the home games and a counter attacking 4-4-2 for the away games against good opponents.

Home:

Standard - Attacking

GK: Sweeper Goalkeeper/support - De Gea

RB: Wingback/attack - Rafael

DC: Central Defender/defend - Jones

DC: Central Defender/defend - Vidic

LB: Wingback/attack - Evra

RM: Winger/attack - Januzaj

MC: Deeplying Playmaker/defend - Fellaini

MC: Adv. Playmaker/support - Carrick

LM: Winger/attack - Mata

FC: Deeplying Forward/support - Rooney

FC: Complete Forward/attack - RVP

Team Instructions:

Work ball into box

Away:

Rigid - Counter Attacking

GK: Goalkeeper/def - De Gea

RB: Fullback/support - Rafael

DC: Central Defender/defend - Jones

DC: Central Defender/defend - Vidic

LB: Fullback/support - Evra

RM: Winger/support - Januzaj

MC: Deeplying Playmaker - Carrick

MC: Box-to-Box Midfielder - Fellaini

LM: Winger/support - Mata

FC: Deeplying Forward/support - Rooney

FC: Poacher/attack - RVP

Team Instructions:

Be more expressive

Work ball into box

Any advice or comments on my tactical approach would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

jance

Season 2015/16 Review, Manchester United:

Had a mixed end to the season, losing the League Cup to Manchester City, being knocked out of the FA Cup in the 5th round by Manchester City, and then Real Madrid ripping me a new one in the Champions League semi final, led me to thinking that this team needed a shake up in the Summer. Anyway, I managed to close out the league title on the final day of the season, which left me as Charity Shield winners, Title winners and World Club Championship winners for 2015/16:

2ajtcmf.png

1zdr79z.png

Here are a few of the personal awards, RVP is still a beast, and Januzaj is going to be some player…

122dbmf.png

2w1v0ch.png

But, Manchester City won the Champions League in the 120th minute :(

e5l1mq.png

Manchester City, I felt, had stepped up a level above me, they have also topped the money and reputation leagues, so it was time to rectify that in the Summer window, the board gave me £73m, plus 75% of sales, I've also requested the training facilities to be upgraded, the stadium to be upgraded plus our loan debt expires in 6 months, so in 6-12 months time, we should be a great place financially.

I decided to have a bit of a clear out, Welbeck was complaining and asked to be listed so I shipped him out for £20m, shortly followed by Hernandez for £26m (he scored 3 goals all season!), I signed Ginter the previous season for £2.5m, and while he's talented, he didn't really step up to the mark, so when Dortmund offered £30m, I had to take it. Same with the left back Silva, he wasn't progressing, gave poor ratings so shipped him out for £40m to Juventus.

Evra, Vidic and Valencia all left, freeing up more wage budget. Mangala and Draxler came in to replace them.

I wanted Alaba for left back, but Bayern wouldn't sell, so I opted for Shaw, plus I already have Balanta who will help cover.

Then the opportunity came up for controversially sign Mario Balotelli :D Which I took…

Here's my dealings so far for 2016/17, I still have £30m in the bank:

16gk0m.png

I opened up the season against Manchester City (who beat me on 4 occasions last season), so I changed my team around, tinkered the tactics, and finally beat them :)

With Balotelli assisting all 3 of Rooney's goals :D

2ci6vxx.png

Season    League             League Finish   FA Cup         League Cup    Europe              Charity Shield     Super Cup    World Club Cup    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Premier League     1st             Runner's Up    Winners       [CL] Runner's Up    Winners             -           -                 Manager of Year
2014/15   Premier League     1st             5th Round      Winners       [CL] Winners        Runner's Up         -           -                 Manager of Year
2015/16   Premier League     1st             5th Round      Runner's Up   [CL] Semi Final     Winners            Runner's Up  Winners           -

I keep trying for Rene, not interested as of yet, also trying to get Giggs back (forgot to renew his contract, as a coach rather than a player/coach).

I've slowly given Keane more challenging surroundings; season 1 he went to League 1, Championship the next season and now he's with Villa in the Premier League. If he does well I'll look to bring him in as a fifth choice.

Trevomac how did Keane do before you recalled him?

Can't remember exactly. He wasn't doing amazing. I was just short for defensive options. Done OK at both RB and CB when needed

Finished season 1.

Won the league with the current squad but that was it.

RVP finished with 23 league goals. Rooney finished with 17 goals and 22 assists. Nani, Kagawa and Rafael also had impressive seasons.

What do people do differently away from home. The game feels flawed to me. At home played 19, won 19. Away it was 9-5-5 which just seems ridiculous to me

Right then - update for end of season. A final flurry in the last 4 games (Fulham, Man City, Sunderland and Chelsea saw me take 10 points; a disappointing draw against Fulham :() saw us finish 2nd, we then went on to beat Chelsea 1-0 in a very poor FA Cup Final and the season looked slightly rosier. Zaha, Rafael, Welbeck, Evra and Januzaj finished in the team of the year. in the off season I looked to off load Van Persie (missed most of the season injured and has just got injured again) but the only offer I had was £2.9 from Spurs!

Change of formation slightly for this season as I experiment a little more.

----------------De Gea----------------

-----------------Varane----------------

--------Jones -------- Balanta ---------

Rafael ------------------------- Evra---

----------------------------------------

-------Romero----------Rooney---------

---------------Januzaj------------------

-------Zaha ------------ Wellbeck-------

Subs:

McCarthy

Jese

Berardi

Ferdinand

Carrick

Crowley/Nouri

Van Persie (when fit)

Finished season 1.

Won the league with the current squad but that was it.

RVP finished with 23 league goals. Rooney finished with 17 goals and 22 assists. Nani, Kagawa and Rafael also had impressive seasons.

What do people do differently away from home. The game feels flawed to me. At home played 19, won 19. Away it was 9-5-5 which just seems ridiculous to me

I find that switching to "control" for away games helps.

Decided I wanted a challenge as Man U so changed the starting conditions slightly.

Mata, Welbeck, Nani, Fellaini and Young have all had their contracts terminated.

A Barcelona spy infiltrated the United Camp and signed away Rooney for 20m to the spanish giants.

The year is 2014 (Holidayed a year after the changes)

So kicking off season 2 and the squad stays very much the same. In came Shaw (he was bought and loaned back to Soton 1st season)

IN:

Caulker £12M

2 regens £7M

OUT:

Young £4M (I'll lose money in the end as still paying wages)

Buttner (loan)

Henriquez, Powell and Zaha will all be part of the first team this year.

The plan is to shift Anderson, Lindegard, Macheda and a few others but so far no luck

I got £5m for Young off Spurs first season (no wage contribution), he was shocking for them and they were relegated second season. Even then they couldn't sell him and he's looking out of his depth in the Championship.

Played my first game of the season, and West Ham's first game at the Olympic Stadium last night, only right that I beat them :D

1zyitn4.png

And the Champions League draw was a bit kind too... (Vitesse have been bought out by a sugar daddy though, now they are rich...)

25jzh8m.png

Then, with the £30m I had left in the bank, I went on a bit of a regen spending spree (didn't spend it all), just wanted to boost my youth prospects as my youth intakes over the past 4 years have been terrible, so here's who I picked up, all between £1-3m each...

Fairly Determined personality...

fc2vba.png

29vji34.png

1ovmmo.png

Resolute personality...

2vazh1v.png

And finally, a Model Professional personality...

2gv7uk3.png

Any tips on training these up, tutoring, or anything, then let me know :)

Are you using custom facepacks Steve? Never seen an Edgar Davids glasses wearing regen

The Danish striker is a monster. Get RvP tutoring him. Get him learning plays with back to goal and work on his quickness. he's effing 197cm tall. Lump everything at him

Are you using custom facepacks Steve? Never seen an Edgar Davids glasses wearing regen

I'm using that OLT Expanded Hair Pack thing, think its from FM13?

And the facepacks are the normal cutout megapack.

Reached 200 games in management last night :)

2m4bzmu.png

Followed by pretty much putting the final nail in Rafa Benitez's coffin :D

rckm8j.png

Interesting challenge coming though, because Everton has just been bought out by an ambitious mega-rich Qatari business man...

35lhz07.png

Depends what role you're playing him in to be honest. If you simply want a back up forward then you have good options already there but if you want someone similar then you're going to have to look somewhere else. I bought Berardi at the beginning of 2nd season and will train him to be a beast of a complete forward to replace the massively injury prone Van Persie.

Depends what role you're playing him in to be honest. If you simply want a back up forward then you have good options already there but if you want someone similar then you're going to have to look somewhere else. I bought Berardi at the beginning of 2nd season and will train him to be a beast of a complete forward to replace the massively injury prone Van Persie.

Ideally it's going to be someone who's going to take over from Van Persie when he's had it.

Actually, forget about it, henriquez has absurd potential on my game.

Sweet

How do you guys go about rotating the squad? More often than not, i'll find myself playing during the weekend and in midweek. To keep the players fit and fresh(I want a least 95% conditioning), I've actually got 2 teams set up, with one team being stronger than the other. All are established players, with rooney in the 1st team and rvp in the second one in a 4231. My question is: how do you utilise these players? I understand the need for rotation in todays game, but it doesn't feel like real life having two teams.

On a side note, because of heavy rotating, my players have high average ratings but do not top the stats charts because they only play half the games.

How do you guys go about rotating the squad? More often than not, i'll find myself playing during the weekend and in midweek. To keep the players fit and fresh(I want a least 95% conditioning), I've actually got 2 teams set up, with one team being stronger than the other. All are established players, with rooney in the 1st team and rvp in the second one in a 4231. My question is: how do you utilise these players? I understand the need for rotation in todays game, but it doesn't feel like real life having two teams.

On a side note, because of heavy rotating, my players have high average ratings but do not top the stats charts because they only play half the games.

It's not really realistic to always have players always above 95%. I try to just ensure nobody drops below 70% in any game. I will start people with 88% fitness and take them off if needed. Just look at real life. There was a point this season where Cleverley was playing with 80% in some games he was so jaded. I generally just look at the next 5 fixtures or so and rest the tired players when Im playing weak oposition at home

Archived