Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

I'm finding it hard to find any quality players to sign. The only players interested in joining my team are good quality for the division below the one I'm in...

That is the main problem I've had in FM14, well that and being tactically inept!:lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used a pretty similar tactic since FM12 which has been working up until now. It takes a bit of time for my team to get used to it, but when they do it runs along ok. I have one attacking and one defensive set-up, which I only change depending on the opposition, I don't like tweaking anything else.

Good season Taunton. Good to see you still chipping away at it and sure you can snatch that precious CL wn soon.PS. At least you aren't stuck in the Norwegian first div, with no sign of escape!

The norwegian 1. division is a tough nut to crack. Just hang in there, and you will get your promotion.

The norwegian 1. division is a tough nut to crack. Just hang in there, and you will get your promotion.

Thanks. Yeah trying to remain positive, despite this season being our 7th season in the division!:eek:

decided to give this one last shot off to Greece to manage AEK Athens task to guide them back to glory

Club Profile- Well known club can i guide them back to the top league.

Facilities- they look decent for me.

Squad1-

Squad2looks decent had take two screen shots.

Manager Overview Profile

Manager Overview Informationl

I'm giving up on this save. I can't find any good players and I can't find any staff worth employing. I'm dead bottom of the league with no hope of saving the team from relegation. Sucks really, as I liked the look of the team. I'm thinking I may start again with a save in Norway. I've never played in Norway before, but the league setup looks good and there's not too many matches per season. I quite like the idea of playing as Larvik Turn or Skeid Fotball, as both have good history in Norwegian football but both are in the lower leagues in-game.

Partizan Minsk - 2018 - Vysshaya Liga - 3rd

140px-FC_MTZ-RIPO.svg.png

A decent season but the title is proving elusive. I have switched my formation to playing with my more solid 4-1-2-2-1 formation that was previously reserved for games which I needed to defend. My 4-2-3-1 formation was giving lots of possession and chances but I was getting caught out at the back due to my high line. Whenever I switched to the more defensive 41221 I played much better and tended to create more chances and look much more solid. After a couple of defeats in a row in games I dominated I made the decision.

We were unlucky to draw Stoke City in the Europa League 3rd qualifying round. 0-0 in the first leg was a decent result and when we took the lead in the second leg at the Brittania Stadium things looked good. Not to be however.

Player wise, Iraqi midfielder Homoodi Hadi scored 14 goals in 17 games in the league and was voted the AFC player of the year. I decided to sacrifice him for the funds however and he was sold to Cesena for £1.7m in January.

Vysshaya Liga

Europa League

Kubak Belarusi

Superkubak Belarusi

The Team

GK Jairo Quinonez - Columbian keeper has progressed to become a very competent keeper.

RB Evgeniy Yurchak - Now 19 years old having signed at 16 from Lida. Called up to the national team this season.

CB Igor Aleinikov - 19 year old centreback and club captain has been a regular in the Belarus squad.

CB Jose Meija - Most likely to replace Oscar Munoz who has joined Bari for £1.5m.

LB Rodrigo Suarez - Uruguayan leftback signed from Fenix on a free at the start of the season.

DLP Artem Kubarev - A mainstay in the team for 4 seasons the 21 year old midfielder is now picking up Belarus caps.

BBM Egor Zhavnerchik - 20 year old midfielder plays a vital role in the team.

AP Kiril Kukharenok - Young midfielder has promise but will need to develop quickly to fill Hadi's boots following his £1.7 move to Cesena.

RW Giorgi Kalandadze - Georgian midfielder scored 11 goals. Adds pace down the right.

LW Vladimir Schegrikovich - 19 year old winger won his place back after a loan spell to Dinamo Brest in 2017.

AF Pavel Pavlyuchek - The 20 year old scored 18 goals and is still improving well.

staaljorpeland_zpsac994bea.png

Staal Jørpeland IL 2026 Adecco Season Review

7th place yet again! So another frustrating season, as we mostly sat in the play-off until towards the end. We sure picked the wrong time to slip to the dreaded 7th place. We are still struggling for a cup run and rather annoyingly got knocked out in the 3rd round by lower league opposition.

League

Stefan Bjerke Christensson

Didn't even play in alot of games this veteran and he still embarrassed the others. Great servant. Player of the year.

Kjetil Hansen

Blighted by injuries this year. He still did ok when he did play and continues to be a positive influence on the team.

Terje Stokka

Good season from the attacking fullback. Tried him on the wing, but his lack of finishing really bugged me.

Next season; I need a top cbk and wingers! Make the play-offs!

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
2014   Second Division (3) 7th     2nd rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Erik Jøssang[/i]  [color=#000000]
2015   Second Division (3) 6th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (13)[i] Arne Dalehaug[/i][/color]  
[color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Arne Dalehaug [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2017   Second Division (3) 5th      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (15)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2018   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (11)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2019   Second Division (3) 1st      1st rd.        Promotion!          N/A       (11)[/color][color=#000000] Kenneth Småge/[/color]Kjetill Hansen [color=#000000]
2020   Adeccoligaen         6th      1st rd.        Play-Off defeat     N/A       (11) [/color][color=#000000]G[/color][color=#000000][size=2][color=#000000]ø[/color][/size][color=#000000]ren Andreassen
2021   Adeccoligaen         10th[/color][/color]     2nd rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Christensson[color=#000000][color=#000000]
2022   Adeccoligaen         12th[/color][/color]     1st rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Grorud
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2023   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     2nd rd.            -                   N/A        (12) Grorud
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2024   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     3rd rd.            -                   N/A        (9) Grorud
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2025   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     1st rd.            -                   N/A        (8) Fredrik Jonassen
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2026   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     3rd rd.            -                   N/A        (5) 4 players tied

AEK_zps7668b8b1.jpeg

AEK Athens 2014/15

As my first season in charge, the job was going to be getting a decent team built and decent formation for the players to get used to.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - we quality this season took few games to get used to the way i wanted to play we spent most season fighting for the title.

Squad 1

Squad 2 - had best squad i could assemble nothing bad to say about them.

Kupello Hellas OPAP - We got to the third round and got beat

3-1.

Transfers - There was not much going on here just bit of shuffle around getting rid of the players i did not want.

Finances -spent some money on improve my squad and payed off.

Key Player Profiles:

Ivan Brecevic - he is my favourite player of this season top scorer

Darko Zoric - quality player was grate this year.

Vasilis Labropoulos - our best defender in the squad had decent season.

Labros Thanailakis - had a decent season second top scorer.

Career Overview

Season  Nation       Team        League        Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 Greece  AEK Athens    OPAP Notios Omilos     1st     Champions

Next Season

try and avoid relegation.

So disheartened. I haven't been updating but I've been playing my Fjardabyggd save almost exclusively since I started it. I made it all the way to 2042, and made it to three Champions League semi-finals. My save got corrupted and I have no backup.

Ah man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I've had a save become corrupted after five seasons, and that was bad enough. I now use five fortnightly rolling autosaves, and make a backup save at the end of every season just to be on the safe side.

Partizan Minsk - 2019 - Vysshaya Liga - 1st

>

A fantastic season picking up the clubs first Championship. Also a good run in Europe saw us make the Europa League group stages. The Vysshaya Liga is proving a competitive standard and two other Belarussian teams competed in the group stages. This has pushed the league to 15th place allowing two Champions League representatives. The national team qualified for Euro 2020 from a group containing Spain and Sweden. I am hoping to see a few of my players getting game time at the Euros.

My transfer policy has meant that the majority of the team are now Belarussians with only two first teamers being Foreigners. This season three established players have come back to Belarus from the Ukraine with Jemal Kurshubadze and Iliya Aleksievich returning from Volyn and Rostov in July. The coup was the signature of Eygeniy Milevskiy this preseason for a hefty £4.2m. He will push the team up a level next season.

Vysshaya Liga

Europa League

Kubak Belarusi

Superkubak Belarusi

The Team

GK Jemal Kurshubadze - Arrived for £425k in July from Volyn. Battling for the Belarus no.1 jersey,

RB Evgeniy Yurchak - A steady presence at right back. In the first team since he was 16, now becoming a senior at 20.

CB Igor Aleinikov - 20 year old Belarus international centreback. Captain of the club.

CB Cleberson - Brazilian centreback signed in October but was unregistered to play until the last game of the season.

LB Roman Yanko - Ukrainian left winger who I hope to convert to an attacking leftback.

DLP Egor Zhavnerchik - Will play a deeper role this season to make way for the arrival of Milevskiy.

BBM Evgeniy Milevskiy - A recent £4.5m signing from Arsenal Kyiv. One of the better Belarussian players of his generation.

AP Kiril Kukharenok - Youngster went straight into the team last season and aquitted himself fantastically. Picked up 16 assists.

RW Iliya Aleksievich - Established Belarus international returned to his homeland in July from Rostov.

LW Vladimir Schegrikovich - 15 goals from the left wing was an incredible return for the 20 year old winger.

AF Pavel Pavlyuchek - Ever reliable scoring 23 goals. Picked his first 4 caps for Belarus scoring 3 goals.

Excellent job in the league, Andrew Haines. Getting into the Europa League group stages is also great. I bet the success in the league and Europe have helped your finances a lot.

Cheers mate :) The major factor on my finances to be honest was player sales. I've been able to bring in young foreigners, give them a season in the first team then sell them on for £1-2m on a number of occasions. This has given me the funds to spend out on some top Belarussians.

Cheers mate :) The major factor on my finances to be honest was player sales. I've been able to bring in young foreigners, give them a season in the first team then sell them on for £1-2m on a number of occasions. This has given me the funds to spend out on some top Belarussians.

Not a bad idea at all. Glad it's working for you.

Skeid Fotball - Second Division Group 2 - 2014

S1DV1KI.png

Manager Profile - Club Information - Facilities - Board Overview - Confidence - Finances

League

Media Prediction: 9th

Final Position: 1st

League Table

Past Positions

Results

I expected a good season, but not that good! We had a near perfect season, only losing one league match. I thought we may get complacent at some point, but it never happened. The team played some fantastic football, and not once looked like their performance level would drop. We ended up winning the league with a few games to go.

Norwegian Cup

Results

We surprised everyone in the Norwegian Cup by getting to the 4th round. Along the way, we beat two top league teams. We gave it our all against Molde, but they just scraped a win. The scoreline doesn't do us justice, as the match was very close throughout.

Players

Key Players:

Julian Moller

Colin Nkee

Shkodran Rexhaj

Knut Masdal

Denis Oksuz

Squad

Transfers

I only brought in six players, as I thought the squad was pretty good already. I was right to do this, as those few additions to the squad made all the difference.

Other News

Awards:

Will update this when I get that far.

Upgrades:

None yet.

Next Season Targets

1. Avoid relegation.

2. Get further in the Norwegian Cup.

3. Get my finances out of the red.

Career Overview

Season       League              Pos        Norwegian Cup            Europe           Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014         Second Division     1st        4th Round                N/A              N/A

AEK_zps7668b8b1.jpeg

AEK Athens 2015/16

so we were promoted back into the super league last season and i was expecting a hard season.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - we did well ended finishing in eleventh place.

Squad - not the best in the League but getting there.

Kupello Hellas OPAP - did rubbish in this in both games.

Transfers - got rid of few players who i thought were not good a nuff.

Finances -i try to save some money this season to pay players wages.

Key Player Profiles:

Vasilis Karamanis - he came threw the youth candidates and looked a decent player only played few games.

Ivan Brecevic - top scorer again good season from him.

Dimitris Anakoglou - our creative player passing was a joy to watch.

Giannis Anestis - had a decent season from my first choice keeper.

Career Overview

Season  Nation       Team        League        Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 Greece  AEK Athens    OPAP Notios Omilos     1st     Champions
2015/16 Greece  AEK Athens    Superleague OPAP     11th     None

Next Season

to avoid relegation and rebuild the squad as much as i can.

Killyleagh 2042/43

Table | Squad |Transfers

Started the season well and in the mix for the title by xmas leading the table by 2 points. Lost ground in Feb but still ended with the best points total and placing for 6 years. 1 draw in 8 games against Linfield and Kilbride were costly. Cup performance was generally poor. In europe a couple of good draws meant i faced weak teams in the first 3 rounds of the euro cup and won easily. In the playoff i faced Metalist of Ukraine. Drew the 1st leg away 0-0 but lost the home leg 2-1. Linfield also lost in the playoffs on away goals in the 92nd minute :eek:

The board promised in aug to go pro at the start of the next season but decided to build 700 new seats at the end of the season which took the finances below 2.5 million so the club didn't turn pro. The poor cup performances contributed to this. The training facilities also declined in standard.

My backup GK Delany left as he was costing too much in wages. Butler also left as he had been a disappointment replaced by Hooper. Davidson (270apps, 91 goals) left as he did not want to discuss a new contract.

Davidson and Smyth filled the gap with O'Hare showing promise.

2043/44

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started poorly and was always trying to catch up, a poor nov and dec with too many draws put the team out of the race. After xmas won 11 league games in a row and only 2 losses in the last 3 games stopped the team from its best points total, still finished 3rd. Competed much better with Linfield and Kilbride especially in the 2nd half of the season.

Lost in the semi-final of the Irish cup to Kilbride in ET when the better team. Beat Linfield in the All-Ireland cup final 3-1, possibly the 1st time Killyleagh has beaten them in a final.

In Europe the team reached the 3rd Qf Rd of the euro cup before being thrashed by Bordeaux in both legs. Kilbride reached the playoffs before losing

Board again promised to turn pro for next season before building more seats, another 600 his time. I do however have the 2nd best attendance now (3144), its nearly doubled in 2 years and almost break even most months. Kilbride by comparison got 839 average, with a 500 capacity ground.

Let a few long time players go at the start of the season including Scott (441 apps, 9 goals), Crowe (430 apps, 12 goals) and James (259 aps, 45 goals). Lost Weir to Bolton as well.

Trainor (126 apps, 10 goals) had a set asking price of 1 million to discourage Linfield or Kilbride. However Hibs then bid that amount for him, so i sold him with 25% sell on.

Spent ages thinking about if i needed Dougherty and signed him as a decent backup. First Davidson and then Smyth lost form so Dougherty played a lot. He was voted N Irish best player and got called up to the National squad, O'Neill was also capped. Davidson also did well in the 2nd half of the season after not scoring until nov, Smyth didn't score for 15 games after jan.

O'Hare's goals were almost all for the reserves who won the Steel and Sons and Intermediate cups, he did also score 5 in one euro match.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, All-Ireland cup finalists
2026/27         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2027/28         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2028/29         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, League cup finalists
2029/30         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2030/31         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2031/32         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2032/33         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2033/34         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2034/35         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2035/36         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2036/37         Premiership       1st       3rd QF-rd EL    League Winners
2037/38         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd CL    None
2038/39         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2039/40         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2040/41         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    Irish Cup winners
2041/42         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2042/43         Premiership       2nd       Playoff-rd EL   None
2043/44         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    AIC Winners

Thanks to Trainors sale, the club has now turned pro, my wages costs are going to more than double as the best players are looking for £700-1000 p/w when my best player was on £550, backup players were on NC. On the other hand i can now scout the uk :)

Nice one Thebaker, hopefully going pro will make the difference for you! One trip to the group stages in Europe will sort your finances out.

My finances are ok, about £3.2 million going into the new season and a few easy draws for the first 2 rounds of the euro cup which should help. The board have also agreed to increase the training ground although this is only costing 400K which seems low, previous ones have been 750K.

I just noticed my board are planning to build a new stadium. I never got any messages notifying me of this. I hope the plans fall through, as the stadium we're currently in is a good size.

Perhaps you don't own it, or maybe it was programmed in at the start of the game. Still should have been told though

Perhaps you don't own it, or maybe it was programmed in at the start of the game. Still should have been told though

According to my facilities information, the stadium is owned by Skeid 2. I hope the board don't throw a load of money into a new, smaller stadium. The club finances aren't very good as it is.

Season 2025 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: A solid season, but we weren't as imposing in the league as the previous year. Nonetheless, I believe qualifying from a death group in the Champions League to be a good sign of things to come.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Champions

Media prediction: 1st

Norwegian Cup: Winner

European Champions League 2024/25: Group Stage

Results:

Premier Division: 1st | League Table | Player Stats

Norwegian Cup: Winner

European Champions Cup 2024/25: Semi Final

European Champions Cup 2025/26: 1st in Group A

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Ottar Bjornstad Haugen: He's not getting injured so much these days and his mental stats are improving a lot. If only his technical stats improve as much.

: I honestly did not notice him developing his speed. Lo and behold, suddenly his acceleration and pace are improving. Looking like a legit winger. Had a good season, but was plagued by injuries in the later half.

Gaston Bravo: He had a fairly good season, though he missed out being the topscorer in the league. Might be switching him to AF position to see whether he performs better there. He has the speed anyway. 2025 Norwegian Player of the Year.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2025

Per Magnus Hauge | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2

Halvor Loberg | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4 | Year 5

Jan Inge Steinkjer | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3

Next Season's Goals:

1) Retain the league.

2) Win the ECC please!! Getting tired of trying. Hahahah.

3) Strengthen my full backs.

Year   Division          Position   Champions League   Norwegian Cup      Euro Cup          Notes
2014   Oddsenligaen      1st        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2015   Adeccoligaen      3rd        -                  Third Round        -                 -
2016   Adeccoligaen      2nd        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2017   Tippeligaen       6th        -                  Winner             -                 Qualified for Euro Cup
2018   Tippeligaen       2nd        -                  Runner-up          Playoff           Qualified for Euro Cup
2019   Tippeligaen       1st        -                  Winner             3rd Q.Round       Qualified for Champions League
2020   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Fourth Round       -                 EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2021   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Runner-up          1st Knockout Rnd  EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2022   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Winner             1st Knockout Rnd  EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2023   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Winner             2nd Knockout Rnd  ECC Qualified from Grp
2024   Tippeligaen       1st        Semi Final         Winner             -                 ECC Qualified from Grp
2025   Tippeligaen       1st        Semi Final         Winner             -                 ECC Qualified from Grp

Partizan Minsk - 2020 - Vysshaya Liga - 3rd

An odd season, very disappointing in the league but success in Europe. Third place in the league was disappointing and despite dominating pretty much every game we dropped too many points. In the Champions League we made it through two qualifying ties against Copenhagen and Sarajevo to reach the group stage. I was happy with that as the revenue will go a long way but six points against AC Milan (who ended up as the groups whipping boys) and a win against CSKA Moscow meant that the difference between us and CSKA was a point we accrued against Barcelona at home. This saw us through to the knockout rounds which was far in excess of my expectations.

The disappointment in the league has persuaded me that the team of players who I brought in as 16-17 year olds 4 or 5 years ago are not all of the necessary quality to push us on a level. Therefore striker Pavlyuchek will move on and left winger Schegrikovick will retrain to fill the leftback position to make way for Brazilians Jose Maria and Perivaldo Felipe from Botafogo. Also Aleksievich has departed for BATE to make way for Argentine midfielder JOrge Sequeira whi was release by Romanian club Astra in July. Centre-back Dimytro Karas also arrives, a £2.5m buy from Dnipro.

Hopefully with this added quality we can start to maintain some form of domestic dominance.

Vysshaya Liga

UEFA Champions League

Kubak Belarusi

Superkubak Belarusi

The Team

GK Jemal Kurshubadze - Another decent season and Jemal has established himself as the Belarussian no.1

RB Roman Begunov - Belarus international rightback arrived from PAOK in July.

CB Igor Aleinikov - 21 year old captain of the side. Represented Belarus at Euro 2020.

CB Cleberson - Brazilian centreback had a decent season after moving from Dnipro.

LB Sergiy Semenyuk - Ukrainian turned Belarus internation leftback. Arrived this season from BATE for £650k.

DLP Egor Zhavnerchik - Defensive midfielder graduated from the clubs youth teams six years ago. Now in the Belarus national side.

BBM Evgeniy Milevskiy - A big money buy from Arsenal Kyiv last season. Injury meant the season was disappointing.

AP Wilbert Venegas - Filled in once ALexsievich was sold to BATE and the Costa Rican did well.

RW Kiril Kukharenok - Young midfielder in the process of conversion to a winger where his pace will be an assett.

LW Vladimir Schegrikovich - Left winger had another good season. Will move back to fullback next season.

AF Pavel Pavlyuchek - A decent season but after six seasons Pavel is not of a high enough grade in this position. Will move on in the close season.

New Boys

Jose Mario

Jorge Sequeira

Dmytro Karas

Perivaldo Felipe

Massive congratulations larxus!

I've not had access to my laptop this weekend, as I cracked the screen on Friday morning. I've got a replacement screen on the way, which should get here tomorrow. It's my day off tomorrow, so I'm going to hook this screen up in the morning and have a good long FM session.

Have resumed my IK Tord save in Sweden which should keep me going until FM15.

After promotion in my first season I have had three seasons of mid table finishes. I have picked the game up again in my fifth season and with eight games left I am mid table again but the nature of these smaller leagues means I am only four points from the top and a good run home should have me right in contention.

I do enjoy the number of games in Sweden - got through half a season last night.

Partizan Minsk - 2021 - Vysshaya Liga - 1st

A much improved season with the title secured fairly comfortably and success in Europe. In Europe we were elimated from the Champions League in the knockout stages in February by defeat to PSG. In the Europa League this season we have performed very well finishing top of our group although the standard was not high with the opposition provided by Sturm Graz, Rennes and Hamburg.

The South American recruits brought in last season to push the team to a higher level did very well with top marks to midfielders Sequiera and Filipe. Belarussian's Korzun and Savon returned from abroad and count amongst the best Belarus players of the current generation so again improve the standard. Savon left the club for £5m aged 19 to join PSG but signed on loan for 3 seasons in 2016, 17 and 18 but was mainly used as cover for the first team. He almost re-signed last season but chose to join Pandurii of Romania meaning I had to stump up £3.5m six months later for his signature. Another batch of 5 Brazilians are set to arrive in the close season. The most exciting is striker Cadao who will replace Jose Mario upfront. Mario did okay but Cadao's exceptional finishing will be a massive assett.

Vysshaya Liga

Europa League

Kubak Belarusi

Superkubak Belarusi

The Team

GK Jemal Kurshubadze - Belarus' no.1, a good season from the 24 year old.

RB Roman Begunov - Belarussian international rightback had a solid season.

CB Dmytro Karas - 21 year old Ukrainian centre back signed from Dnipro for £2.5m last season.

CB Igor Aleinikov - A great season for the club captain who is first choice for club and country.

LB Vladimir Schegrikovich - Winger in the slow process of converting to play at fullback.

BBM Egor Zhavnerchik - 23 year old product of the youth academy has been first choice for 7 years.

DLP Nikita Korzun - Belarussian international midfielder signed on a free from Dnipro in July.

RW Valeriy Savon - The prodigal son returned to the club 5 years after a £5m move to PSG.

TQ Jorge Sequeira - Argentine midfielder is the star of the side. Hit 18 goals from midfield.

LW Perivaldo Felipe - Pacy Brazilian winger accrued 20 assists and 14 goals.

AF Jose Mario - 24 year old Brazilian striker, hit 25 goals.

New Boys

Ale

Cadao

Jose Carlos

Luis Gustavo

Rodrigo Jose

Killyleagh 2044/45

Squad | Table | Transfers

Turned pro at the start of the season which meant FT training for players and that i could scout the UK, is also increased the attractiveness of the club. As it turned out i only signed 2 first teamers and one of those was on loan due to the high wages players wanted. I put most of my first 11 on FT contracts.

Started on fire only drawing 1 game in the first 18 to lead by 9 points. Several defeats in Linfield meant that they drew level on points and ahead on GD after about 31 games. With 2 games to go the team was 5 points ahead having played a game more. Played Linfield away with the winner coming 3 minutes from time to secure a 2-1 win and the title. Won the last game to go over 100 points.

Lost in the finals of the CA shield and league cup after playing my reserves. In europe reached the 3rd Qf rd but was well beaten by Athletico Madrid 7-3 on agg.

My rep was increased to 2 stars after this and the staff levels increased along with scouting increased to Europe :)

Finances remained quite steady at just over 3 million. As a result the board approved improvements to both the training and youth facilities and planning started. The extra seats were finished by oct and the ground is now maxed out at 4000 capacity. No message appeared at the end of the season but a new ground is in planning for 3 years which seems a long time :confused:

On the squad front Folan (438 apps, 38 goals) was let go as he had decreased to such an extent he was only 1.5 stars and was often poor. Uprichard by contrast is also 1.5 stars but keeps averaging about 7 although his physical attributes are going.

Chairman bought record buy Kavanagh who missed 5 months through injuries and Fyfe on loan who really helped the defence.

Turned down bids from QPR of 1 million for Campbell and a miserly 100K for Dougherty at the start of the season

Star man was Dougherty who broke the 25yo club record of 40 goals in a season and the 12yo league record of 35 goals in a season.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, All-Ireland cup finalists
2026/27         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2027/28         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2028/29         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, League cup finalists
2029/30         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2030/31         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2031/32         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2032/33         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2033/34         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2034/35         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2035/36         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2036/37         Premiership       1st       3rd QF-rd EL    League Winners
2037/38         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd CL    None
2038/39         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2039/40         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2040/41         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    Irish Cup winners
2041/42         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2042/43         Premiership       2nd       Playoff-rd EL   None
2043/44         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    AIC Winners
2044/45         Premiership       1st       3rd QF-rd EL    League winners, Turned pro

Doing well in CL, faced a bye in the form of TNS in the 2nd QF rd by winning 10-0 in the first leg. In the 2nd Rd faced Maccabi Haiba and lost 3-0 away but came back to win 4-0 at home.

In the playoffs i was confident against most of the teams but got the weakest of the seeded teams in Stromsgotset. In the 1st leg at home had 26 shots on goal but only 8 on target, Stromsgotset had just 8 shots but 2 on target. Killyleagh needed a 83rd minute goal to draw 2-2. In the away leg the teams dominance showed with a 5-1 win to make the cl group stages :D

Along with 7.3 million to boost the finances we now have games against Celtic, Barcelona and Tottenham to look foward to.

Archived