FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why have you got your eyes on this year rlipscombe
to be honest I am not sure yet... not sure of the country I am going to start in yet to be honest. think I am going to have a look on the internet tonight and try and narrow down a few options. I like to read a little about the clubs before I make a decision.

Hessen Kassel 2015-16 Season Preview

Transfers

Squad

Team Info

Manager Profile

After releasing 12 players, and managing to get a severely-under-performing-yet-handsomely-paid Marco Kehl-Gomez off my books, the aim was to try and bring in quality rather than quantity. I spent pretty much all of last season over my wage budget, which left me unable to add to the squad when talented players became available mid-season. The aim would be to strengthen my starting XI, and leave money available for future moves in the transfer market.

So after losing 13 players, I brought in six. Three of those are season-long loans that don't require any wage contribution from the club:

Kevin Otremba is a pure backup keeper who I brought in from Werder Bremen. Nothing too special here, and I'm hoping he doesn't have to play many games as Roger has well and truly nailed down the number 1 shirt.

Sandro Wieser is a Liechtensteiner international who plays for Hoffenheim. As a kind of personal favourite of mine, I was only too happy to take him off their hands! He will slot straight into our midfield and hopefully add a little quality in there.

Finally, Maximilian Dittgen is a young winger, brought in mainly for his versatility. He's not a world beater by any stretch, but he adds some competition out on the wings.

As far as the permanent signings go:

Dragan Erkic was released by Wolfsburg at the end of last season, and he should be able to do a solid job out on the left for me.

Marco Fiore decided to turn down Italian side Catania to sign with a club in his native Germany. I'll be looking towards his technical prowess to help win the midfield battles.

Nicolai Groß joins us from lower league side Walldorf, and should give last season's top scorer Harun Sulimani some good competition up top.

I also had a couple of gems come through the youth academy in March. It's a shame that we cannot field under 17s (neither can the under 19s!!), as I would have liked to have given these boys a few minutes. Both players already have Second Division teams sniffing around, so we could have some good potential on our hands:

German 15 year old goalkeeper, Samba Cisse

Senegalese 15 year old winger, Malick Coly

I have a really young side, so I may possibly need to look for a couple of old heads if we don't get off to a great start, but I think we are well built for the long haul. Let's do this!

Chiavari_Calcio_1.png

I have decided to go for Italy in this year's challenge as I've not managed there on a long term save since CM01/02. I holidayed the first season but with the same teams coming up every reload I ploughed forward another season to see what sort of selection would await and sure enough a good variety of teams appeared during the numerous reloads I did. After a slight bit of research I decided that A.S.D. Chiavari Caperana were the team for me.

Chiavari is a town and comune roughly 40 minutes drive down the coast from Genoa and apparently it is famous for it's chair making and it's really clean blue sea. Caperana is, what I gather, a type of parish in the town and until 2010 gave it's name to the team which was A.S.D. Caperanese. The team have no real history, except a runners-up place in the sixth tier, which isn't that surprising for a town of less than 30,000 people and they have rubbish facilites but that's OK with me because I enjoy playing with sides like this.

The squad is pretty bare and there is only one goalkeeper at the club which, coupled with the measley budget, means I'm going to have to go hunting for free transfers.

Information (Manager)

Domestic Leagues History (Club)

Profile (Manager)

Information (Club)

Overview (Club)

Squad (Club)

My copy of FM14 is currently downloading. Suspect I may start attempting this challenge first this year, as I have barely given half of these countries a good effort for years and years. Probably wont be until later this weekend that I get to start playing, due to foolishly deciding to bring work home over the weekends, starting from this weekend. Seemed like such a good idea for about 10 minutes! Good luck everyone with your first attempts

Welcome aboard guys. Look forward to following.

As for myself, we finished our first friendly 2-1 over AC Viseu (A game we were predicted to lose easily), was 0-0 at half time when I sent out all my young players and they got up 2-0, and let the opposition in for a late consolation.

Trying to build a 4-1-2-3-1 (4-5-1), with a false 9 upfront, one of the midfielders, and one of the wingers running into the box should score goals. But finding a good False 9 at this level has been a bit tough, so it'll probably start out as a Deep Lying Forward until we move up a level. Like the way they were playing through the game though, undecided on Camera angle to watch from though.

Nice to know I had one memorable save in this challenge :)

Despite what could be classed as unfinished business in Scotland, I have decided to go a bit further afield and am holidaying the other side of the Channel in France. Since its a CFA promoted club and I have loaded CFA, I suspect it will be a case of picking one of the promoted clubs on the first attempt, as holidaying multiple times is never fun. Ah well, will see what I can find at some point tomorrow. Night

Good luck to the newcomers and congrats on passing test 1 Benrollo (staying up).

So i got relegated first attempt and i thought about going to France but i had a better idea, so embarrassed at what happened in Komsomolsk-na-amure i decided to move as far away from there as i possibly could .. But without leaving Europe.

NewClub_zpsdad3a5c3.jpg

Simple, i moved from A to B.

It's because i was looking at 3 different clubs (all from the Azores) and checking where they were on Google Maps (as you do)...

Of Course no point not knowing where your club is. For Maia, it was the 12km trip to Porto that led me to choose them. (Less Distance than my trip to work each day)

Cheers for tip on scouts benrollo.

I've used the Viktoria Koln upload and just in pre season now, i'll do an update when August is done and dusted but a tip for anyone looking for a decent DoF in Germany then Christian Nerlinger looks pretty decent so i've gone for him (£1,900 a week it costs though)

Cheers guys, and good luck to everyone with the challenge!

I've just finished the second season, will post a third season preview with more detail a bit later.

It was a great season for us as we sat around the middle of the table from the get-go. Then, something clicked and we got on a roll. Our home ground became a fortress, and we started taking points off good sides away from home. Entering the last game of the season, we still had a chance of making the playoffs! Unfortunately, we couldn't quite get there, and ended the season in 4th place, just a solitary point outside of the playoffs. We also had players finish 1st and 2nd in the Player of the Year awards!

Despite the fantastic season, my star striker Sulimani refused to sign a new deal and left on a free. He banged in 27 goals in 35 league games, and obviously thought he should be playing at a higher level. Unfortunately for him he has zero clubs sniffing around him as the season gets underway! Maybe I'll be able to get him back at a reduced rate a little way into the season :D

Losing Sulimani and a couple of other well paid players has set me back a bit, but hopefully a bit of wheeling and dealing can help me achieve my goal of finishing in the top half of the table.

Madalena? ;)

Yep. They a team you know of!?

Right better post my info.

Madalena_zpsc7847081.jpeg

Manager: Profile|Info.

Futebol Clube da Madalena or simply Madalena is a Portuguese football club based in Madalena. The club was founded in 1974. They play at the 2,500 Capacity Estádio Municipal da Madalena Stadium on the Western Coast of the Azores Island of Pico.

Pico_zpsb5d79d6f.jpg

A view of Madalena Parish.

Madalena: Background|Info.|Facilities

The Squad

For those that like a flutter ..

Now lets see if i can stay up this time ...

Hessen Kassel 2016/17 Season Preview

Transfers

Squad

Team Info

Manager Profile

As mentioned above, and you can see from the transfers page, I lost a few very handy players on frees. Some flat out rejected me, others I thought would be best leaving and freeing up some wage budget ready for my next Harry Redknapp-esque wheel and deal session.

Marco Fiore only lasted one season after his signing from Catania. He just couldn't cut it, and only made a handful of appearances off the bench.

Harun Sulimani, my top scorer and all round super player, refused all of my contract offers and is currently twiddling his thumbs as a free agent.

Roger, my Brazilian goalkeeper, became Kassel's record sale as he was sold for £10k to Bundesliga side Frankfurt. He was only valued at 6k and was getting restless, so I let him go.

So in came the replacements:

The first player to mention is actually one I signed in the middle of last season but completely forgot to mention - pretty unforgivable considering he is my record signing! I spotted Oscar Hernandez whilst trawling the player search, looking at transfer listed players. I had £50k in my transfer budget and was looking for a marquee player to spend it on. Oscar was valued at 400k, but Atletico Madrid were willing to let him go for £100k. I threw in a cheeky offer of £50k and a 50% sell on clause, and it was accepted! We managed to thrash out a deal that made Hernandez the highest paid player at the club. I was fine with splashing that cash seeing as my scout reckoned his potential could lead to him becoming a good Bundesliga player in the future!

On the loan front, four more youngsters were brought in to provide competition and depth. Magnus Clemmensen and Aldo Sannino came in to bolster the defensive side of the midfield, whilst Alberto Gregori and Ajdin Masic came in to help out in the attacking department.

Finally, in came the free agents. Raphael Sallinger was originally signed as backup to Roger in goal, but he will now have a chance to make the number 1 jersey his own. The two Florians - Pflugler and Heinrich - will strengthen the defence, whilst Sandro Wieser joins us permanently after his loan here last season. Finally, Jerome Kiesewetter joins us to bolster the right side and offer some depth up top.

On the staff front, I signed a number of guys who should help the team out going forward.

Mathias Tomaschewski is now the manager of Hessen II (basically I wanted a fitness coach but couldn't sign any more coaches!)

Nico Dabritz offers me some impressive scouting abilities, although not quite on the level of...

Thomas Hengen. Scout extraordinaire. Enough said!

Hoping for promotion, expecting to be close. Let's do this!

AS Cannes - Les Dragons Rouges

General | Facilities | History

Manager Profile | Manager Information

From Wikipedia

Association Sportive de Cannes Football (French pronunciation: ​[a.sɔ.sja.sjɔ̃ spɔrtɪv də kan]; commonly referred to as AS Cannes or simply Cannes) is a French association football club based in Cannes. The club was formed 1902 as a sports club and currently play in the Championnat de France amateur, the fourth division of French football. Cannes plays its home matches at the Stade Pierre de Coubertin located within the city. The team is managed by Jean-Marc Pilorget and captained by defender Vincent Di Bartoloméo.

Despite playing football on the French Riviera, a popular and relaxing tourist destination, Cannes have had a lackluster existence. The club was one of the founding members of the first division of French football and finished runners-up in the league's inaugural season. The club's highest honor to date was winning the Coupe de France in 1932. Cannes last played in Ligue 1 in the 1997–98 season and are currently serving the longest stint of any club in the National division having been in the league since the 2001–02 season. The club has most notably served as a springboard for several prominent French football players such as Zinedine Zidane, Patrick Vieira, Johan Micoud, Gaël Clichy, Sébastien Frey, and Jonathan Zebina.

Cannes is known as Les Dragons Rouges (The Red Dragons) and incorporates the nickname into a multitude of club's fixtures, most notably its crest. On 21 May 2010, the club unveiled the its new logo to its supporters. The new logo is similar to the club's previous logo, but is now more dynamic with the club's city name and foundation now being displayed on the badge. The dragon, which is a focal point of the club, is also given a more up-to-date design.[1]

They where last in the top division in 1998, having departed with names like Zidane, George Weah and Patrick Vieira just few seasons before. Should we ever find a new Zidane, a new Weah and a new Vieira, I hope to do better. :p

Now if you'll excuse me I'm heading to the beach. :cool:

So I've just won the shots on target stat 11-5, 10-5, and 16-4 in our first 3 matches in the league. Anyone care to guess on results?

2-0 loss, 2-0 loss, 2-0 loss.

Gonna be a long season. Especially cause the game seems to be going in slow-mode. Is anyone else experiencing this playing the full version (not classic)? Assistant wanted me to have staff meeting, I pressed the button and it took 30+ seconds before it came up. Several other similar occurrences. And I have a bloody brilliant computer tbh.

Actually considering restarting on Classic, cause I had no performance issues at all there.

So I've just won the shots on target stat 11-5, 10-5, and 16-4 in our first 3 matches in the league. Anyone care to guess on results?

2-0 loss, 2-0 loss, 2-0 loss.

Gonna be a long season. Especially cause the game seems to be going in slow-mode. Is anyone else experiencing this playing the full version (not classic)? Assistant wanted me to have staff meeting, I pressed the button and it took 30+ seconds before it came up. Several other similar occurrences. And I have a bloody brilliant computer tbh.

Actually considering restarting on Classic, cause I had no performance issues at all there.

The Team Meeting & Staff meeting delay is a known bug, 30s is about midpack on the reported delays there...

Ah, good to know it's not just me then. I have the same thing when I ask click "Get advice from staff" on the training screen to, although not 30 seconds there. Game feels a lot slower in this mode in general, but I guess that's just the nature of it. If things keep going the way they are atm I'll be sacked before Christmas anyways though. :o

Does anyone know how to get your team to mark zonally on this?

I am not 100% sure, but will give it a go in my friendly and see what happens. (Have had an issue with what looks like my DM/DCs Zone marking, and my two fullbacks man marking (Which against an inside forward who switches with one of two strikers has caused me no end of troubles)

AS Cannes - Les Dragons Rouges - Season 1

10th in French National (expected: 14th) | Graph | Transfers | Finances

Started horrible with zero wins in the first 8 matches. We beat the opposition in shots on goal in all those 8 matches, but only managed to score 6 goals in 110 shots. In the 9th game I decided to go away from my 433 and try a more defensive 451 and we won 2-0. I kept playing that formation for the rest of the season and it kept us out of the relegation spots. If I had to pick one player in the squad that performed well I'd pick Abdel Jamaï.

In the cup we beat the crap out of non-league teams in the first 3 rounds (5-0, 5-1 and 8-0). Then we drew AS Monaco away in the next round and they lined up in more or less full force. Falcao and Insigne where to much for my defense and we lost 3-1. Could have been so much worse though.

Not gonna put to much thought into this season (nor this review), we stayed up, that's that. Finances look bad, but nothing I wasn't expecting at this point.

PS! In the top division PSG ran away with the title with no competition what so ever (99 points and 100 goals).

Is LeMans an eligible team. As far as I can tell they meet the requirements, they start FM in the CFA-D and have gotten promoted to National like the other teams but they aren't mentioned in the starting posts as an eligible team. They are the team thats currently appealing to me the most, so would like to check before I go wrong without trying!

Is LeMans an eligible team. As far as I can tell they meet the requirements, they start FM in the CFA-D and have gotten promoted to National like the other teams but they aren't mentioned in the starting posts as an eligible team. They are the team thats currently appealing to me the most, so would like to check before I go wrong without trying!

I spotted Le Mans being down there earlier, as far as i know Le Mans were relegated from Ligue 2 last season (in real life) and so should be in National shouldn't they!? It should possibly be Le Mans 'B' that are in CFA Group D.

Thats odd Brettney because this screenshot seems factually wrong then: Le Mans Starting History

Have I found some sort of data error that needs to be reported somewhere?

Presuming that Le Mans were never meant to have started in the CFA, I can understand them not being eligble, will have to keep looking.

Yeah that shows what i thought, 12/13 season they were relegated but for some reason played in CFA - D. Im sure i read somewhere that Le Mans have a B team who play in CFA - D ... Looks like a data error unless i'm completely mistaken (and Wikipedia seems to agree with me).

Oh my wordy wordy word!

I was doing the usual post-January mass scout of upcoming free agents, and I came across this central midfielder who was willing to listen to my contract offer.

Now, bear in mind that my current best central midfielder is Sandro Wieser

Now, check out the midfielder who is going to be joining me at the end of the season - Damiano Catalano

AWWWW YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Introducing the new manager of Lyon Duchere. Lyon-Duchere have always faded in comparison to their major rivals Olympique Lyonnais, and I am hoping that we can eventually overturn their supremecy in Lyon and become the top club in town.

It looks as though our recent history isn't overly impressive.

With a media prediction of 18th in a league of 18 teams, I suspect my first aim will be major strengthening of the whole squad just to try and stay afloat.

There's something weird going on with Le Mans. Can't find any English articles, so going off bad google translate, but this one speaks of them losing their professional status and all rights attached to that status. Something similar is being said on their official website. All their games have been suspended according to soccerway, who has them in the CFA (group A) this season. Guess their future is uncertain in the real world atm.

There's something weird going on with Le Mans. Can't find any English articles, so going off bad google translate, but this one speaks of them losing their professional status and all rights attached to that status. Something similar is being said on their official website. All their games have been suspended according to soccerway, who has them in the CFA (group A) this season. Guess their future is uncertain in the real world atm.

So maybe they have/are being relegated to CFA D where their B team were playing!? Could be correct then ...

Looks more like the club is gone to me. Probably being remade or something. But it looks like all this is happening right now so I guess we won't know for a while. Not sure their stature in game reflects that atm. They where promoted twice in a row in my game. Still have their 25k stadium and are professional again already (might be professional already in the first season, I didn't check). I don't mind if they're allowed to play as either way though, still think they'd be a big challenge to take past PSG and onto ECL glory. But not up to me to decide.

Looks more like the club is gone to me. Probably being remade or something. But it looks like all this is happening right now so I guess we won't know for a while. Not sure their stature in game reflects that atm. They where promoted twice in a row in my game. Still have their 25k stadium and are professional again already (might be professional already in the first season, I didn't check). I don't mind if they're allowed to play as either way though, still think they'd be a big challenge to take past PSG and onto ECL glory. But not up to me to decide.

Just found this

EDIT: Current Table shows all their games postponed.

LeMans got booted out of the league at the start of the season for failing to meet the DNGC requirements.

They got placed in liquidation last week and will probably re-enter the league as some sort of 'AFC LeMans' at the CFA-2 level. Too early to say whatever phoenix club will be created out of this current mess.

Archived