FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The extra 34,000 players are because mine has Top Div Players from Europe not just Top Clubs.

eg. the Pre-Reset game has All Players at Man U, mine has all players at ManU & Cardiff

Ah, I did not spot the difference in text. Cheers for clearing that up

Had a look at the challenge history and was about to say 'Hey, where's my Yalovaspor completion from FM09?' before remembering that Turkey was still part of gundo's challenge back then :rolleyes:

Could I make a case for Keçiöregücü as notables for FM12? :)

Lagoa - National Championship - Group H - 2014/15

National Championship First Stage

National Championship Relegation Stage

League Fixtures

Wow Portugal is going to be difficult, the top 2 from each group go into 2 groups of 8 for a promotion league, the teams that finish 1st in each group get automatically promoted and then the 2 teams that finish 2nd go into another playoff with the winner of that being the 3rd promoted team.

Then there's the relegation stage where the teams placed in 3rd - 10th go and play another round robin and the 2 who finish bottom in the relegation stage get relegated regardless of where they placed in the first stage (hence why Quarteirense were relegated even though they finished 3rd)

We were the top scoring team through both phases, shame we conceded a lot as well, although the highest scoring game I saw was a 10-5 result in the cup, we had some big results as well mind; Porto B 6 - 5 Lagoa, Cova Piedade 1 - 8 Lagoa & FC Barreirense 3 - 9 Lagoa (we lost 7-5 to them in the opening game of the season) In the league, in total, we scored 120 goals whilst conceding 87.

Also, due to poor Finances, I got a message from the board at the end of the season saying that they were restricting my transfer policy so that I can only bring players up from the Youth Team which will no doubt make the next few seasons very difficult.

Squad - We have a big squad and quite a few of the teams' contracts are running out and they won't sign a new one which will make next year even harder.

Transfers - I pretty much brought in a whole new team and they were good enough for mid-table, hopefully the Youth can try and keep it going.

Key Players:

Joao Pacheco - Top scorer with 31 in 32 but also racking a massive 19 assists,

Luis Barradas - Not much on paper but he has a good composure and finishing which was easily shown with 30 goals.

Season    League                    Position          Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   National Championship H    4th/4th        Didn't get relegated!

If you're looking to manage in Germany, I would recommend Viktoria Köln. I don't know what their reputation is in FM14, but they have some decent players there. According to transfermarkt.de, they have most highly valued (i.e in terms of player value) squad out of all the Regionalliga sides (if you forget the second string squads of the Bundesliga clubs).

Or why not try Aachen? A fallen giant of sorts. They were in the Bundesliga in 2006-7 and have suffered 2 consecutive relegations IRL. They have a big stadium (32,960). I have seen them play IRL a few years ago.

Or there's always Essen - Essen, the 9th biggest city in Germany in terms of population is the biggest city in Germany without a club in the top 3 divisions. They also have a relatively big stadium (20,000) and are quite a big club.

02ht.png

Mantova FC - Rebuilding

After going bankrupt, and then reforming as Mantova FC in 2010, the club is back on its way. Newly promoted into the Serie C1, they have announced that young danish manager, Preben Bjørnsen, is the man who will lead the club to glory.

They play at Stadio Danilo Martelli, a 14.884 capacity stadium located in Mantua in the Lombardy region of Italy.

Think you may have to share the save if you get them.

Awesome name.

Oh yeah for sure, I've been going for an hour and a half ish so far with no luck, but have had a few of the rarer ones pop up. I have saves for Lotte, Havelse and Hessen Kassel so far if anyone wants one

Didnt someone say earlier that it may be difficult to get German teams due to the B team rep? Are you finding this a problem benrollo? Out of interest as Trier come up yet? This is a team I played with on FM08 and loved it that much that I even caught a game whilst I was in Germany on a holiday.

Didnt someone say earlier that it may be difficult to get German teams due to the B team rep? Are you finding this a problem benrollo? Out of interest as Trier come up yet? This is a team I played with on FM08 and loved it that much that I even caught a game whilst I was in Germany on a holiday.

I'd say probably 90% of the re-loads I've done have included at least one B team, but I've probably only seen a handful where all three teams are B sides.

No sign of Trier yet no, I will keep my eyes peeled :)

Unbelievable! As soon as you mention it...they pop up.

Here's the save game for Eintracht Trier :). It's a large database with the added bonus of all Liechtensteiner players being loaded (long story but I love that plucky nation!).

Trier Save

If I read the rules correctly, this is not allowed

Is that not what is covered by: "You can add players to the database up to a limit of 100,000 in total"?

But they also have this: Players Based in (Your Nation only - This can add up to 50% more players to your game)

Perhaps LLR or someone could clarify please - otherwise that's like two hours of my life wasted :D

If it is an infraction of the rules, I personally do not regard it as very big. Liechtenstein are not world beaters after all. But it's not my call... :D

If it is an infraction of the rules, I personally do not regard it as very big. Liechtenstein are not world beaters after all. But it's not my call... :D

Yeah it's more of a habit than anything else, been doing it in most of my saves for years in the hope of one day unearthing a Liechtensteiner Messi. But if it's against the rules...I guess I'll be starting again

Yeah it's more of a habit than anything else, been doing it in most of my saves for years in the hope of one day unearthing a Liechtensteiner Messi. But if it's against the rules...I guess I'll be starting again

I would wait, as it is only my interpretation of them. I may very well have read them wrongly

Awesome opening post(s) LLR! :thup:

Considering playing myself, but I feel almost like a complete beginner at this game now. Was just looking at my history on Steam and I've gone from 1300 hours clocked on FM2010 down to just 57 hours on FM2013. Don't know why, but I just never got into the last couple of versions (although I'm sure real life has a lot to do with it).

Already bought FM2014 though, and it's installed and ready to go, so maybe I'll pop in here sooner rather than later.

Good luck to everyone!

PS! Pretty sure this "Players Based in (Your Nation only)" means players in the nation you choose to play in, so in this case you could have added all players based in Germany.

Yeah it seems a bit of a grey area. The screenshot in the opening post shows the option of adding players from top clubs, which wouldn't necessarily be from the starting nation which I guess is no different to adding an additional nation.

Either way, I'm re-holidaying a fresh save. I'll keep the rarest teams in separate saves if anyone wants them.

LLR- Do all of the portuguese clubs in the 3rd tier and getting promoted to the fourth tier have logos in your game? If so, have you got them all just from the megapack you linked in your last thread?

Yeah Looks like I have all the logos, and yup just the Mega Pack that I had in FM13 thread. Will try to build the kits/logo packs again so everyone can find what they need/want.

Mr_Demus - Otherwise an excellent choice for a club, but, unless I'm interpreting the rules wrong, Mantova are not eligible for this challenge. They were in a playable league in the beginning of the game in 2013-14. I think only the clubs that were promoted from Serie D are allowed

Mr_Demus - Otherwise an excellent choice for a club, but, unless I'm interpreting the rules wrong, Mantova are not eligible for this challenge. They were in a playable league in the beginning of the game in 2013-14. I think only the clubs that were promoted from Serie D are allowed

Correct Club must be Serie D in 2013/14

Mantova FC - Rebuilding

After going bankrupt, and then reforming as Mantova FC in 2010, the club is back on its way. Newly promoted into the Serie C1, they have announced that young danish manager, Preben Bjørnsen, is the man who will lead the club to glory.

They play at Stadio Danilo Martelli, a 14.884 capacity stadium located in Mantua in the Lombardy region of Italy.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Mantova were in Serie C2 at the start of the game, clubs in this challenge are the ones from Serie D (Will show with no history for 2013/14 on the page you have shown)

Why is Scotland playable? :confused: There is no relegation from/promotion to the Third Division - Isn't the whole aim to manage a previously unplayable team?

Hi,

This is because a few years back some players came and asked if we could include Scotland, so we did. When you holiday it is the team that finishes LAST in 2013/14 that you take over.

Been reloading on and off all day, and I have yet to see a single team from the Bayern league.

Have you seen any clubs from Regionalliga Nordost? FM13 (final patch) had a bug which prevented promotion from Regionalligas Bayern and Nordost.

Have you seen any clubs from Regionalliga Nordost? FM13 (final patch) had a bug which prevented promotion from Regionalligas Bayern and Nordost.

Yeah I've seen a few out of these. Only the second teams coming out of the Bayern, but I've seen Jena, Magdeburg, Babelsburg and Zwickau come out of the Nordost

Archived