FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

Darıca Gençlerbirliği - TFF Second League

darica_genclerbirligi_sk.png

So Turkey it is then. Home of ayran, kebabs and mass riots. I take over at Darıca Gençlerbirliği - a rather modest club and one which is rather suitable for such humble beginnings. A nice Istanbul commuter-town? Check. A reasonably sized stadium? Check. No history or demanding supporters to appease as I come to grips with the Turkish language? Check.

Darıca are from Darıca, oddly enough - next to Gebze and just along the coast from Istanbul. Not a bad view of the sea from the dugout.

The squad is okay. Not amazing but okay. So far signed a bit of experience at the back and am happy with what I have. I think I'm going to plump for a 4231 formation and look to play a bit of razzle-dazzle mixed with consistent defensive displays. The main aim is to stay up this year and I think I can achieve that with what I have.

Manager Profile

Club Info

Facilities

Finances

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6305528.png

FC Viktoria Köln 2014/15 Review

History

Manager Profile Just to clarify the automatic rep, I chose Sunday League twice thinking maybe I hadn't gone for it the first time but it still came out automatic the 2nd time)

Transfers

Wooton

Drum

Table

Graph

Player of the Year

Finances

Delighted with the way the season went, there was a lot of players who came in to the side in pre season yet they gelled tremendously quick and bar the odd run of a few games here and there where we just couldn't buy a win (mostly dropping points from winning positions) the players were superb. The promotion spots went right down to the wire with the top 3 often swapping swapping places but I think we just about earned the title win for our form in the last 10 games in particular, though to be fair I wouldn't have begrudged Leipzig the title either as they were the toughest side we played all season.

An excellent return of 24 goals from loanee Wegkamp after a very slow start was the main difference for our late form and I may look at the possibility of getting him in again this season.

I am aiming just to avoid relegation this year, finances are going to be very tight (I have an £80k wage budget which we will be well over until July 1st) so it is important to get the right balance in, my main concerns are most of the defence and midfield so that will be where I am aiming to improve. One good thing is that our rep has jumped above some of the other 2nd division clubs which should mean we can attract a decent standard of player in.

I thought I made a few comments about other peoples saves but seems I haven't yet :D

brettney1980 I am looking forward to seeing how you do at Madalena after what happened with Komsomolsk, seems you had a clear aim with both saves which makes it that little more interesting and ri916 the same with you, good luck to you both :thup:

Ohanzee good luck to you also, I actually thought about going to France just to be Cannes but i'm going to save my trip there for either Le Mans or RC Lens.

Flashman\'s School Days Chiavari Caperana looks like it could be a tough challenge, all the best with them.

Liverbird93 Another going to the Portuguese league, seems a popular choice this year so far good luck.

benrollo doing well so far, real shame you lost Sulimani, hopefully it doesn't affect your promotion push too much.

Mr_Demus Jena is a club I nearly ended up with but thanks to benrollo uploading Koln I couldn't resist :D Good luck.

siLKEAPE Love the name of your club :D Good luck

johnnyquest409 another one in Germany, seems as popular as always. All the best with Waldhof Mannheim.

ProddingAHoneyBadger well done on survival with Lagoa

Dons good luck with Isola Liri

Lower Leagues Rule no surprise you ended up in Portugal :D Good luck.

kabajingai Good luck and it's good to see someone in a different country :thup:

Sorry if I missed anyone out there :D

Gramenet_UEA_escudo.png

Unión Deportiva Atlético Gramenet Milán

Manager profile

Club information + overview

Squad

We are predicted to finish 17th, a position that will result in relegation. Hopefully we can finish 16th or better.

My first task will be to force some of the older players out as their wages really doesn't reflect their ability. Hopefully I can get some cheap replacements.

Great work Dexter! And well done/good luck to everyone in the challenge. Good to see this thread buzzing :)

I've just finished my third season and managed to grab the title on the final day! Will get the season review up soon, taking plenty of screenies of this historic event!

I'm in Spain not Portugal :) but yes Portugal does seem popular

Don't know why I thought you was sorry :o :D

siLKEAPE shame it didn't work out better luck with Deportiva :)

Cheers rlipscombe and benrollo a much different season this year, I couldn't afford to renew any contracts I wanted, lost Drum and Wooton because I had no option but to sell if I wanted to be able to put out anything like a decent team by using those funds on new players. The best I can hope for is a 15th place finish realistically. If I can keep my job then at least the finances should look better in the summer with decent prize money.

Good luck to all the people just starting out! And big congrats to Dexter and benrollo on winning your leagues!

Having a better start to my 2nd season myself. Just went 6 games without conceding. Having just said that CA Bastia decided to put 6 past us though. :o Oh well.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm really enjoying this challenge, giving me something to play for long term!

Shame to hear about losing your best players Dexter, I know the feeling! My advice for anyone starting out would be don't get too attached to your players - they'll only go and leave you in a few seasons!

Hessen Kassel 2016/17 Review & 2017/18 Preview

CHAMPIONS!

After securing promotion with three weeks to go, we managed to overhaul a 5-point deficit in those final three games to catch Karlsruhe and win the league!

Table

Two players in Team of the Year!

Despite the magnificent performance, I still only have Regional reputation. Things will change when Division 2 sit up and notice us!

So a brilliant season, and credit goes to my two star performers - striker Nicolai Groß and winger Oscar Hernandez. Groß had the Kassel fans forgetting about Sulimani as he contributed 18 goals and 10 assists in 35 games, whilst Hernandez put in quite ridiculous numbers - 24 goals and 12 assists in 34 games. Not bad from a lad who missed the second game of the season after going AWOL following a night out on the town! I've been playing my wingers as inside forwards, and it's really been paying off. Alongside Hernandez's left wing contribution, we also got 12 goals and 14 assists from Jerome Kiesewetter.

As is the usual end-of-season fare, a number of players left the club. Seven players were released, one joined a lower league side on a free, and useful centre back Manuel Schneider was sold to Paderborn for £84k after it became clear that he was not interested in renewing his contract.

Then came the signings. Oh, the signings!

First of all, a couple of very useful loan players have joined us for this campaign.

Mirko Pukljak comes over from Dinamo in Croatia (now scoutable after the club expanded my scouting options to all of Europe!) and is going to be a really useful player for us this year. He's versatile - able to play out on the right or through the centre of midfield - and is clearly super talented. It's going to be tough for Kiesewetter to keep hold of that right wing spot.

Felice Risi joins us from Napoli and gives us cover at centre back. Not particularly good in the air, but he should slot straight into the starting line-up alongside Florian Pflugler.

Now, on to the permanent signings. I'm still hoping to add to these before the season starts, but I'm certainly off to a great start in this department!

Joao Veiga joins us on a free after leaving Porto. With our starting keeper leaving after asking for ridiculous wages, Veiga will come in and should make the number 1 jersey his own. My scouts think he could become a good Bundesliga keeper, so while he isn't anywhere near the finished article yet, I need to be patient and let him develop.

Danny Kastrup was brought to my attention by his agent, who was showing him off just before his contract with Midtjylland ended. A quick word with my scout confirmed that Kastrup could become a LEADING Bundesliga player in future, and I managed to snap him up for a very very reasonable £1.7k a week.

Damiano Catalano, quite frankly, should not be playing in the German Second Division. Look at him! I stumbled across this gem when I was sending my scouts out to take a look at a huge number of players whose contracts were ending in the Summer. Despite my assistant telling me not to bother, I threw together a contract offer and waited to see what happened. I tried this with a number of players, and 99.9% of them either refused to talk, flat out rejected my offer, or signed with someone else. But Catalano is my 0.1%, and I'll take that!

So this is the state of my Transfers page for this season.

My squad is a little thin in some areas but I still have time (and a bit of money) to fix that.

The aim is to avoid relegation. Hopefully I can achieve that and look to build on it in seasons to come.

Good luck kabajingai i really had some fun in Turkey a couple of FM's back hopefully this years just as fun.

Nice start Dexter_Morgan. congrats on the early league Win. Good luck for next season.

Sorry about the sacking siLKEAPE, good luck with Unión Deportiva Atlético Gramenet Milán, they sound much better .. :)

Catalano looks awesome benrollo, no wonder he helped you gain promotion.

(i wanted FC Sakhalin A to get promoted but they didn't after a few hours so i went with FC Smena)

Got Sakhalin at the very first try, I was aiming for them or Yakutia Yakutsk (for the extreme cold winters 8-)).

ФК Сахалин Южно-Сахалинск

FCSakhalin.png

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Russian: ФК Сахалин Южно-Сахалинск) is a Russian association football club based in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia and playing in the Russian Second Division. Another team played as FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk from 1969 to 1992, currently that team is called FC Portovik-Energiya Kholmsk.

Sakhalin (Russian: Сахалин, pronounced [səxɐˈlʲin]) is a large Russian island in the North Pacific, lying between 45°50' and 54°24' N. It is Russia's largest island, and is administered as part of Sakhalin Oblast. Sakhalin, which is about one fifth the size of Japan, is just off the east coast of Russia, and just north of Japan.

Manager: Info, Profile

Club: Domestic League, General Info, Profile, Squad

And yes, we begin with friendly against Spartak Moscow. Only 2 weeks until first league game, too.

Вперёд, Сахалин!

Think Catalano is a new signing for the next season brettney. But I agree he looks bloody immense, well done on snatching him benrollo. Hope this is a sign of what's to come from regens in my games as well. :cool:

I see he is, i should read much more thoroughly, instead of flicking back and forwards between the forums and FM...

And how the hell... pl-fikander, how did you get Sakhalin up!? Any chance you can upload the save? (Just incase, since i have waited 2 years to play as them...)

This is going to be a weird request, but does anyone here know of any clubs that would be eligible for this challenge, who are on an island (preferably a small one). I googled a list of the smallest islands in Europe, but I'm not quite sure how to go about finding if those islands have football clubs in the appropriate divisions for the challenge. I don't know why, but the prospect of playing Champions League football on a tiny island off the coast of wherever is really appealing to me.

This is going to be a weird request, but does anyone here know of any clubs that would be eligible for this challenge, who are on an island (preferably a small one). I googled a list of the smallest islands in Europe, but I'm not quite sure how to go about finding if those islands have football clubs in the appropriate divisions for the challenge. I don't know why, but the prospect of playing Champions League football on a tiny island off the coast of wherever is really appealing to me.

Off the top of my head the Azores or Madeira (Portugal), Corsica and Sardinia (Italy) Canary Islands (Spain).

I find looking on the Wiki pages for the League Systems of these Nations help.

Off the top of my head the Azores or Madeira (Portugal), Corsica and Sardinia (Italy) Canary Islands (Spain).

I find looking on the Wiki pages for the League Systems of these Nations help.

Thanks, will look into these clubs and try the wiki pages.

Italy sounds enticing.

Is LeMans an eligible team. As far as I can tell they meet the requirements, they start FM in the CFA-D and have gotten promoted to National like the other teams but they aren't mentioned in the starting posts as an eligible team. They are the team thats currently appealing to me the most, so would like to check before I go wrong without trying!

I have no issue with Le Mans it appears to be their top team. That's within the rules, in the original post and my info showed them as the B Team, assume that was a little old. I say go for it.

LOL the club started with just above your post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Sakhalin_Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Island near Japan within Russia)

Believe Russia would have some other teams on islands as well (Are there any in Scotland?

Thats the team i dreamed of managing of course i knew of them :p .. I just didn't list that Island because he said a small island, that Island isn't far off being as big as Japan.

Non in Scotland, i forgot about Sicily for Italy and the Balearic Islands (Spain). Not too sure about Turkey...

6305528.png

FC Viktoria Köln 2015/16 Review

Transfers

Hager

Lopez

Cleo

Table

Graph

Player of the Year

Finances

A much tougher season in the 2nd tier but we managed the objective of staying up pretty comfortably in the end after a poor start. Cleo chipped in with 16 goals and it was valuable to us as nobody was close to matching that for us. There needs to be improvements right across the team but thankfully being 2 places above the relegation spots and having 3 clubs from the third division coming up next season should mean next season will be a lot easier, especially as we are in the black now. To be fair we have been able to attract better players than we have all season but our finances meant we just couldn't get them in, i'm not about to start offering silly wages for players just yet but I do hope we can pay that bit extra once the budgets come through.

I won't be offering new contacts to those who are due to run out also as I think the majority just aren't good enough for the division so it will be better to save the money for new blood.

Thats the team i dreamed of managing of course i knew of them :p .. I just didn't list that Island because he said a small island, that Island isn't far off being as big as Japan.

Non in Scotland, i forgot about Sicily for Italy and the Balearic Islands (Spain). Not too sure about Turkey...

Can't seem to find any clubs in these places or the others listed that are in an appropriate division :(

Also the Bugs forum is annoying as GD right now :-(

The same bugs get posted ten times, none of them with correct titles or any of the info asked for in the thread. Yet I post something correctly eg [14.0.0] FM - etc, and the thread just plummets down the forum because of the double posting. ARGH! Delete the double ups :p

Edit: Maybe it' s just my Testing work coming out ;)

Madalena_zpsc7847081.jpeg

Futebol Clube da Madalena - Season 2014/15;

As we only had a 12 man Squad the first step was to push the Wage Budget (slightly) to it's limit and sign a decent sized Squad for the coming Season. Needing to finish in the top 2 to go into the Promotion Playoffs was always going to be a tough ask and everyone else goes into the Relegation Groups, we did enough to to keep the fans happy and finished 7th. With a dead even 6 wins, 6 Draws and 6 defeats to our name for the first part of the Season. Then the bottom 8 Clubs go into a Relegation Group with the Bottom 2 of the Group going straight down and the 3rd Bottom going into a Playout. We managed a Respectable 3rd. We also had a great Cup run making it into the 5th round before losing to eventual Finalists Gil Vicente.

Transfers

Stage 1|Graph. - Relegation Group|Graph

The Squad - We mostly lined up an Variations of 3-5-1 (More like 3-2-1-2-1 i suppose) with our defense sitting very Narrow, but packed tight.

Key Players;

joão frazão - Top Club Scorer, 3rd League Top Scorer, Team of the Year, League Player of the Season and Most Assists in League.

Demba - Team of the Year.

Youth Prospects;

These guys are going to be very important to us next season because the Chairman in his infinite wisdom has decided the Wage Budget will drop by almost 1.5K ( we were already a little over), we will lose a huge part of our First Team squad, including 5 of our starting XI.

YP1: Paulo Sousa - Coach Report.

Here's who's leaving. Up to the line, first XI as selected.

Retired;

Faria, Tony and Claudemir.

Can't seem to find any clubs in these places or the others listed that are in an appropriate division :(

Try here for Italy - Girone G has some Sardinian Clubs, while I has Sicily clubs.

I found some in Corsica (France) earlier, give me 5 mins ...

EDIT: Okay so what i thought i had found in Corsica are more clubs who have been demoted down levels due to Financial troubles here's where the Corsica clubs are at now so non in the CFA leagues unfortunately, sorry.

If you fancy Portugal there are Azore Island or Madeira Island Clubs that get promoted every Season. Otherwise it's the Italian clubs from above (i don't know how regular they'll get promoted i haven't tested anything in Italy yet) or Spain...

Try here for Italy - Girone G has some Sardinian Clubs, while I has Sicily clubs.

I found some in Corsica (France) earlier, give me 5 mins ...

EDIT: Okay so what i thought i had found in Corsica are more clubs who have been demoted down levels due to Financial troubles here's where the Corsica clubs are at now so non in the CFA leagues unfortunately, sorry.

If you fancy Portugal there are Azore Island or Madeira Island Clubs that get promoted every Season. Otherwise it's the Italian clubs from above (i don't know how regular they'll get promoted i haven't tested anything in Italy yet) or Spain...

Yeah, I just spent the last hour looking at every club in girone I and G, a couple on the huge islands but none on the smaller ones. Was gonna look at Corsica next but I guess now I won't.

Portugal is fine, I don't care about the country I just want the smallest island possible. So the league the Portuguese teams get promoted from is the nacional?

EDIT: Thanks for all your help, being Canadian I really have little knowledge of European geography or the league structure

Well done staying up Dexter_Morgan. Looks like a very tight division, not that far off promotion places actually. A good run of form could push any team in that league up there from the looks of it. Good luck next season!

RocheBag the CFA is not playable no. You can pick it when making a new save, but you're not able to manage a team down there.

Well done staying up brettney. Hopefully you can push on next season even with the limitation to your wage budget.

PS! Is the forum acting up for anyone else. Been going slow-mode big time a few times today for me. Loading just parts of it before halting.

Yeah, I just spent the last hour looking at every club in girone I and G, a couple on the huge islands but none on the smaller ones. Was gonna look at Corsica next but I guess now I won't.

Portugal is fine, I don't care about the country I just want the smallest island possible. So the league the Portuguese teams get promoted from is the nacional?

EDIT: Thanks for all your help, being Canadian I really have little knowledge of European geography or the league structure

No problem i'm a huge geek when it comes to out of the way Football clubs etc. so i find this enjoyable actually...

Here's some Spanish info < This is the tier below the playable one (so the clubs ready for promotion) groups 11 and 12 are the Canary Islands and Balaeric Islands, should be of some interest to you.

EDIT: Portugues league is the District Leagues, The Azore Islands have their own districts (2/3 i think) and Madeira has 1 and each district has 1 promoted club so you'll have a few options here.

EDIT 2: If you are looking for a tiny island with just 1 club on though you may be out of luck, us Europeans stick Football clubs everywhere there is a flattish surface :D

AS Cannes - Les Dragons Rouges - Season 2

1st in French National (expected: 12th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The French Cup

Just like last season we reached the 9th round where a Ligue 1 club, this time AC Ajaccio, knocked us out with a 2-0 score line.

The League

Didn't expect this at all. My players did though. They told me "we should be aiming for promotion instead" when I said I expected a mid-table finish in our pre-season talk. Way to show me! Thanks mainly to our very steady defense. To be perfectly honest I don't enjoy focusing more on defense than attack, but if it's gonna get us up the divisions I'm not gonna argue.

The Players (squad ratings)

I think we mostly have the defensive duo of Clement and Quartey to thank for our promotion. They where brilliant and hardly ever injured or suspended. In midfield our wingers Rocchi annd Dos Santos provided us with the goals and assists we needed. Rocchi in particular impressed with 16 assists and 10 goals from his left-wing position. Up front Nadir Bendahmane did his job scoring 18 goals total. He actually began his career at AS Cannes in 2008-09 before heading to GF 38 who was in Ligue 1 at that point. He's not reached his full potential still, so I'm hoping he can step up and provide some goals in Ligue 2 as well.

In other news

So, Ligue 2 next season. It doesn't look that much more frightening than this league to be honest. Although there's some good clubs there, like Auxerre - and also Racing Club de Lens and FC Nantes will join us having dropped from Ligue 1. From the looks of it we're gonna need about 1 point per game to stay up. There's also more games, so I might have to consider a slightly bigger squad.

In Ligue 1 PSG once again ran away with it. They have spent £295 million on players the last 2 seasons and only sold for £38 million. No wonder no one is competing with them to be honest, although I was expecting Monaco to at least give them a fight as they are spending quite a bit themselves. Just had a quick look at Zlatan and he's on a £425k a week deal, at the age of 34!!! That's more than 21 times our entire wage budget, on one single player. It's all about the money. :p

[b][u][color=red]HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	F-CUP		EUROPE        [/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]14/15[/b]	NAT	10th	9th Round	-
[b]14/15[/b]	NAT	1st	9th Round	-		PROMOTED!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No problem i'm a huge geek when it comes to out of the way Football clubs etc. so i find this enjoyable actually...

Here's some Spanish info < This is the tier below the playable one (so the clubs ready for promotion) groups 11 and 12 are the Canary Islands and Balaeric Islands, should be of some interest to you.

EDIT: Portugues league is the District Leagues, The Azore Islands have their own districts (2/3 i think) and Madeira has 1 and each district has 1 promoted club so you'll have a few options here.

EDIT 2: If you are looking for a tiny island with just 1 club on though you may be out of luck, us Europeans stick Football clubs everywhere there is a flattish surface :D

Interesting, the Spanish ones are a little too populated for my liking (over a million people), so I guess it'll be Portugal. There are also a couple islands off the coast of Turkey I'll look into.

Well done on the survival Dexter_Morgan, good luck pushing on next Season.

Well done staying up brettney. Hopefully you can push on next season even with the limitation to your wage budget.

PS! Is the forum acting up for anyone else. Been going slow-mode big time a few times today for me. Loading just parts of it before halting.

It's going to be real tough losing 5 of our best players and being unable to replace them is hard... But i have bought in cheaper staff for the season and hopefully the Younger and cheaper options will come good...

Decided on the Azores. I live in Newfoundland, which is an island of 500,000 people off the east coast of Canada (probably why I'm attached to the idea of bringing success to a small island), and just learned that the Azores are almost as close to Newfoundland as they are to Portugal. Perfect.

Decided on the Azores. I live in Newfoundland, which is an island of 500,000 people off the east coast of Canada (probably why I'm attached to the idea of bringing success to a small island), and just learned that the Azores are almost as close to Newfoundland as they are to Portugal. Perfect.

Good choice, thats where i'm managing .. No choosing Madalena, that's copying :)

I have no issue with Le Mans it appears to be their top team. That's within the rules, in the original post and my info showed them as the B Team, assume that was a little old. I say go for it.

Thats good to know LLR I did start a save with a Lyon club (opening post previous page) but only got as far as scouting about 2 players and discovering that the start of career press conference still has the exact same 2 questions about females in football worded exactly the same as every version since we were allowed to be female.

Not had any time to play at all yet today, and still have more work to do, will probably just continue that one for the time being and when the inevitable first attempt first relegation happens, will then go to Le Mans!

I have added the district leagues link here, should be able to go to each page from here (Gets hard from there as are 22 pages, some of them only have 2-3 clubs in the district level 1, some have a whole league), Should say "4th Tier" or District leagues first level.

For Portugal, Italy & Spain I am going to wait for the Editor to come out as it is the easiest way for me to get a list of clubs at the lower levels (Wiki & even the leagues own sites can be unreliable)

Thats good to know LLR I did start a save with a Lyon club (opening post previous page) but only got as far as scouting about 2 players and discovering that the start of career press conference still has the exact same 2 questions about females in football worded exactly the same as every version since we were allowed to be female.

Not had any time to play at all yet today, and still have more work to do, will probably just continue that one for the time being and when the inevitable first attempt first relegation happens, will then go to Le Mans!

You expected an update to those two questions ;) am not surprised they are the same, but would be good to see some development there, glad to finally see some wording changes on team talks, tactics options, the front set-up page and other places to make things clearer, but the press conferences need work.

Also found with the press conference on news page I am actually answering more.

There are 22 district leagues? That seems like an awful lot of choices

No not 22 leagues, 22 Associations, some of them are really small so they have a couple of clubs playing in another associations league.

Spain has 18? Leagues in the level our clubs are from

Italy has 9 Serie D leagues currently (Not sure with the new set-up going forward)

Lots of leagues below our playable ones

Archived