FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd ask this elsewhere, or search but you guys seem to know everything, what are the differences between the full version and FM Classic mode?

I haven't really played the Clasic version, but I think in general it has just had some of the extra stuff removed.

Someone else can probably tell you more as I do not know what actual options are gone :)

Campeonato Nacional de Seniores - Série H: Media prediction was 3rd place but once again, we were better than expected, finishing 1st in first phase, 5 points ahead Pinhalnovense and with an incredible mark of 50 goals scored. Promotion stage was just... bad. Hélder Colaço was out 6 weeks and missed the first four games in promotion stage so we had to play with our 16yo keeper. He conceded 13 goals in 4 matches...

Wining 6 games in a row wasn't enough for Aliados to get placed in a promotion position. We finished 4th with a negative goal difference, after losing 7-0 to Pombal in last season's game.

Taça de Portugal: knocked out in the first round against Campeonato Nacional's side, Pombal in extra-time.

+ Positive:

- Negative:

Season  |  League        |  Position   |  Cup        |  Europe   |  Achievement              |  Top Scorer (Goals)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 |  C. Nacional   |  6th        |  3rd round  |  N/A      |  1st in Relegation Stage  |  Guilherme Camargo (18)
2015/16 |  C. Nacional   |  1st        |  1st round  |  N/A      |  4th in Promotion Stage   |  Guilherme Camargo (20)

juventude_evora_splash.png

Season Four - 17/18

- - -

Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Squad | Transfers | Facilities

Campaign

Media Prediction: 14th

Final Position: 3rd

Segunda Liga

Before the season I was worried that Juventude's defense was going to suffer from budgetary limitations, but it was a false worry. I was able to loan defenders that were plenty good enough for this level. Thanks to new signings the whole squad was of markedly better quality than before. Results were very good, but only a few games to the end of the season when promotion and even winning the division was still a good possibility, my primary keeper Vítor Rodrigues decided to want to move to a bigger club. I told him Juventude would grow and play in a higher league, but he though it was not realistic. :confused: He requested transfer and I lost an important game against Estoril and later drew Sp. Covilhã. I don't know if Rodrigues' tantrum had an influence on Évora's form, but promotion dream for this season died right at the end of the campaign. Funny thing is, I have offered Rodrigues to other clubs for free, but noone is interested.

Taça de Portugal

4th Round extra time defeat at the hands of Portimonense.

Taça da Liga

2nd Phase loss against Primeira club Belenenses on penalties.

Players

Pedro Rebocho - DL

According to his career history, Rebocho originates from Juventude Sport Clube. Welcome home Pedro.

Ivan Brito - DM

Brito continues to improve his skills.

João Tiago Reis - AMC

Reis is almost as good as a striker as he is in his natural position. Perhaps attacking midfielders do not get rated very high by FM14, but I would have wanted João to impress more. Good attributes.

Kid - ST

This kid Kid is a very good striker for Segunda Liga. The Brazilian loanee was my top goalscorer. There seems to be a good selection of Brazilian youngsters that are willing to come on loan to Portuguese second level, so I will look to South America more in the future.

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, width: 90%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 8, bgcolor: #d8d8d8]Progress[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 50]Season[/TD]

[TD=width: 50]League[/TD]

[TD=width: 50]Position[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Taça de Portugal[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Taça da Liga[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Champions Cup[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Euro Cup[/TD]

[TD]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]17/18[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]3rd[/TD]

<!-- Taça de Portugal -->

[TD]4th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Most Improved team of the Year[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]16/17[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD]3rd Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]15/16[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]13th[/TD]

[TD]2nd Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]1st Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]14/15[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Nacional[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]5th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Promotion, Campeonato Nacional Playoff Winners[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

That's unfortunate duccio' date=' did he get poached before you could offer him a contract?[/quote']

Thankfully no. That would have been very irritating! :lol:

He is one of those players who have an earlier extra club in their career history. He was also born in Évora. I will get 20% of his next transfer, but I would have rather had him in my squad.

Thankfully no. That would have been very irritating! :lol:

He is one of those players who have an earlier extra club in their career history. He was also born in Évora. I will get 20% of his next transfer, but I would have rather had him in my squad.

Wow, didn't even know that was possible, I might have search on my FM13 save to see if it has happened to me before

Wow' date=' didn't even know that was possible, I might have search on my FM13 save to see if it has happened to me before[/quote']

The same thing happened to me in the Ragusa save I had going on in the FM13 Big Euro Challenge thread. That player was not any good though. If you go looking for players who left before they came through your youth system, check the Clauses tab in Transfers. There is no record of such players in the Transfer History.

So I am the new manager of Formartine United in Scotland. The year is 2016. I cocked up in 2015 and forgot to reload again and then in 2016 when they won, I stupidly loaded the game back up. So I had to go through it again a few times.

Formartine_Utd_badge.png

formartine04.jpg

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Club Overview

Club Information

Club Facilities

Club History

Affiliated Clubs

Club Finances

Craig Stewart - Assistant Manager

First Team Squad 1 & First Team Squad 2

Reserve Squad

Under 19s Squad

great to see you continuing the upwards curve duccio. Unlucky with the tail off in form at the end. Kid looked a great player for that level. hope you can find a few more like him next season.

There are actually loads of players with similar attributes that are ready to come to Évora. Its probably smart to use loan players in the second division, as there are much fewer teams in the Primeira Liga - i.e. no need for a large squad (disregarding continental competitions) in case of promotion. What it comes to an upwards curve... well its taking a turn to the opposite direction. I'm expecting my current season to end in a very safe mid table position, which is not so good because the media is predicting Juventude to come 2nd, and the board wants promotion.

2017/18

Wick_Academy_Logo.png[Preview]

I'm starting slow as the S.I minions put the finishing touches to this year's instrument of torture.

Heres a wee bit more detail about the mighty Academico Wick:

Strip - We look like Juve! (from a distance) More like Andy Carroll up close.

Stadium - Plenty potential for expansion. Parking near the ground.

Season Ticket Sales - Soaring you say? :(

Current Tactics - Unusual formation stemming from a lack of midfielders capable of multi-tasking.

Designed to resemble the Wicker Man, a quaint local custom.

Key Signings:

Steven Jackson ---- Kerr Young---- Scott Cuthbert

I decided to start with the defence (and then ran out of money!) but I did also find some useful set piece takers,

so the plan is to play very direct. This season won't be pretty, but we are not going back to the Highland League without a fight!

Campeonato Nacional de Seniores - Série H: I started this season after updating the game and I don't know if that's the reason, but I had serious problems with my tactic. Once again we did not qualified for the promotion playoff. We finished 5th in first phase; the second part of the season went really well, for the second time we won the relegation phase.

Taça de Portugal: knocked out by Segunda Liga side, Feirense in 3rd round after defeating two teams from lower divisions.

+ Positive:

- Negative:

I'm all in for the next season. It's now or never. It's gonna be tough... no money, no reputation... let's see if I can get some quality players from our youth team...

Season  |  League        |  Position  |  Cup        |  Europe  |  Achievement              |  Top Scorer (Goals)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 |  C. Nacional   |  6th       |  3rd round  |  N/A     |  1st in Relegation Stage  |  Guilherme Camargo (18)
2015/16 |  C. Nacional   |  1st       |  1st round  |  N/A     |  4th in Promotion Stage   |  Guilherme Camargo (20)
2015/16 |  C. Nacional   |  5th       |  3rd round  |  N/A     |  1st in Relegation Stage  |  Olexandr Burdeynyi (16)

Campeonato Nacional de Seniores - Série H: I started this season after updating the game and I don't know if that's the reason' date=' but I had serious problems with my tactic. Once again we did not qualified for the promotion playoff. We finished 5th in first phase; the second part of the season went really well, for the second time we won the relegation phase.[/quote']

The update yesterday seems to have really changed the match engine - we're suddenly leaking goals all over the place (especially corners to the near post...). Good luck with your next season, hopefully it'll see a return to the promotion stage.

Well I have been saying I will give this ago for a few days now and I think tonight I am finally going to bite the bullet and get involved. Not sure where yet, I am still reading through the past challenges hopefully I will get some inspiration from them.

juventude_evora_splash.png

Season Five - 18/19

- - -

Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Squad | Transfers | Facilities

Campaign

Media Prediction: 2nd

Final Position: 5th

Segunda Liga

Media prediction jumped from previous season's 14th to 2nd, and my board expected promotion. From pretty early on it was clear that reaching to the promotion battle would be very difficult. It never happened, and the results just were not there. Still a decent 5th place. After this season i updated the game to the most recent patch, so it remains to be seen how it affects my save.

Taça de Portugal

4th Round loss on penalties to Leixões.

Taça da Liga

Primeira club Nacional beat Juventude in the 2nd Phase.

Players

Artur - GK

Brazilian veteran former Benfica keeper arrived to replace Vítor Rodrigues who wanted to mo to a bigger club and left on loan to Braga (where he played 0 games).

Domingos Duarte - DC

Over 8 overall average rating.

Schumacher - ST

Brazilian loan striker Schumacher topped Évora scoring chart.

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, width: 90%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 8, bgcolor: #d8d8d8]Progress[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 50]Season[/TD]

[TD=width: 50]League[/TD]

[TD=width: 50]Position[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Taça de Portugal[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Taça da Liga[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Champions Cup[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Euro Cup[/TD]

[TD]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]18/19[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]4th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]17/18[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]4th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]16/17[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD]3rd Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]15/16[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]13th[/TD]

[TD]2nd Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]1st Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]14/15[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Nacional[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]5th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Promotion, Campeonato Nacional Playoff Winners[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Nope its a place that is a popular holiday destination and has a very scary airport runway
I have landed on that runway and it is a little!! I remember seeing the sky out of one window and the sea the other as we banked in to land....Good luck

Love your layout Duccio, so I've shamelessly copied a few bits of it!

ksvlogo-300x2702.jpg

2019/20 Season Review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Manager Info

My hopes for the season: Promotion, youth academy upgrade

Results: 1st place in the league, academy upgrade granted!

Performance

An absolutely brilliant season! Despite going out of the German Cup in the second round, our league form was terrific. We had a couple of blips along the way, but overall it was a title that we didn't really look like losing from the off. We didn't score as many goals as I would have liked, but we had the stingiest defence in the league which hopefully bodes well for our survival chances in the Bundesliga.

We finished the season with Kassel players coming in 1st and 3rd in the Second Division Player of the Year Awards. Unfortunately for us, Alban Ademi was returning to his parent club, and we didn't have much of a hope of bringing him back. He eventually went to Hamburg on loan after turning us down.

We also had two players in the Second Division Team of the Year, although I found it a bit odd that there wasn't a place for my centre back Jukka Virtanen, who finished third in the POTY awards!

Players

With nine goals apiece, Johannes Rytkonen and Robin Wuck finished as Kassel joint top scorers. Our midfield chipped in with the odd goal, but we mostly relied on our strong back line and goalkeeper to pick up points. We did set a new Kassel record just after the Winter break, going 6 games without conceding a goal.

Our strong centre back pairing of Virtanen and Fabio Della Giovanna, along with 'keeper Vladimir Pavlovic, are going to need to be on top form to help us stay in the top division this coming season.

A special mention to two special goals from our ex-Barca holding man Xavier Boada. He smashed in this outrageous first-time volley, then a couple of weeks later banged in this equally impressive long-range drive. Not bad considering he only scored those two goals all season!

Signings

As the season got underway I knew I needed to strengthen, so I brought in a number of new faces. I made the most of the board granting my request to expand our scouting range to sign a couple of young Africans, and strengthened in a few other areas as well:

Stephane Mabouka arrived for a tiny £5k, as his contract was expiring and his club were happy to get something for him.

Ibrahim Fofana on the other hand cost a hefty £425k. My scouts told me he would be worth it, and he looks to be developing well.

Jamie Gough was another player we grabbed shortly before his contract ended, paying £5k to bring him over from Ireland. He will look to take the starting spot at left back this upcoming season.

Finally, record signing Arnaldo Linhares joined us from Sporting in Portugal. He cost £800k, but so far hasn't quite lived up to the hype and big price tag. We'll be looking for more from him next season.

Departures

On top of the sales in pre-season, we also offloaded the unhappy left back Ludovic Le Bars to fellow German side Bielefeld for a not-too-shabby £450k.

Next Season

...We try to survive! It's obviously going to be a struggle, but I'm hoping our solid back line gives us a chance to take points where perhaps we shouldn't.

As the season was coming to a close, and it looked pretty safe that we were going up, I made four big signings - all players who joined us when their contracts expired at the end of the season:

Jeremy Lucas has talent, but he's not been able to develop fully at his previous clubs. I'm hoping we can bring him on.

Ivica Barisic joins us from Dinamo in Croatia. Yet another central midfielder - but I have a feeling we are going to be forced to sell one or two players in that position soon as bigger clubs circle.

Vladimir Kalmanov is a quick, technically good winger who comes over from Shakhtar. He'll be competing for a first team place from the off.

Dmytro Chornyi is a beast. Simple. He joins us from Werder, who we left behind in the Second Division. He'll be the centrepiece of our offense.

International

You may have spotted it in a few screenshots - I'm now the manager of Ukraine! They offered me the job a few weeks ago, and I thought I would give international football a try. Maybe I could even tap up a couple of talented Ukrainians!

Maxym Koval is currently their highest valued player, and they have some real talent out on the wings - Evgeney Yefremenko and Andriy Yarmolenko should give most opposing full-backs headaches!

Aims for the Season

Avoid relegation!!

I have landed on that runway and it is a little!! I remember seeing the sky out of one window and the sea the other as we banked in to land....Good luck

If anyone can find a videoI'd love a watch. Here is one list of the 7 scariest landings in the World. #1 just happens to be my home, is perfectly fine if there is no wind, but that is unusual, issue is we can get southerly & northerly gusts in the range of 150-200km/hr and that can lead to some spectacular landings. Have landed on a single wheel before...not nice

XXXXXXX Not 10 Characters XXXXX

Hey guys, good to see the thread up and running for another year. After completing it in 2012, i had a nightmare in 2013 and wouldnt last more than a season, n totally fell out of love with fm13, went back to my save from 2012 with es viry chatillon and im still playing it im 2040! Winning every trophy under the sun, i thought it being this easy would be boring, but i just love winning 5-0 every week its great. Got some good prospects in.

Oh yes and for the front page, u need to get ilan roger in the star players for 2012, he was a star. And basically everyone of prdhs lusitamia acores team!

I might get back involved this year, the new xbox coming out may limit my time right enough!

Quick update, after topping the league with Viktoria Koln at christmas I lost Cabrera in the window after an offer was accepted over my head, then we had a horrible run of injuries including 2 keepers out for 3 and 5 months which seen us drop down the table without a win in 10 and unsurprisingly I got the sack :( So off to do Gundo's for a while and hopefully be back with a save in Portugal at some point as i've yet to win the CL with a club from there

Unlucky Dexter, sounded like you were making good progress with Viktoria.

Fortunately my board seem to be happy with slow, steady progress. I'm nearly at the end of my third season, so update to come probably tonight, maybe tomorrow. This season's taken a bit longer, mostly due to having to tweak tactics a lot following the latest patch, but I'm quite happy now with how we're finishing the season.

UD_Lanzarote.png

Union Deportiva Lanzarote

The team was established in 1970 and tried for a while to play on a black pitch made of volcanic granules. Eventually they moved to a FIFA approved artificial grass.

The%20stand.preview.JPG

For the majority of their time in existence they played in the local Canary Island leagues and the in the lower echelons of the Spanish Football Pyramid.

The team is located on the island of Lanzarote in the biggest city Arrecife which is famous for its frightening runway.

English Fan Site

Me

General

Facilities

Sorry about the formatting, i couldnt remember how to add links in as "Manager" or "Team Profile" :p So if anyone knows how to, i'll amend this and make it prettier :)

New Manager of Formatine United in Scotland. I know i'm going to do badly, but lets start this adventure!

Archived