Can't sell players......

I have 3 players on the transfer list - combined 'value' is over £7million.......i could use this money as i am really short on CM's.......no one will buy my players, some loan offers were made...this is not good enough,

why is this such a problem on every FM, having to give away players eventually is really frustrating!!! I play them so they get game time and to hold a little value, doesn't work, i offer to clubs, put them in reserves, cut there asking price etc etc etc etc etc etc nothing works

Its not a problem, well I suppose it is but one that happens in real life.

If you don't want the players why should others teams?? Are you playing them?

Generally this means that the player is overpaid for his skill/rep level and is playing in a higher league than he should be. The teams that would have a use for him and be interested in signing him either can't afford the transfer fee or wages or feel they have no chance in signing him to to their rep being too low - You know those players you approach that say "My client has no interest in discussing terms with your club"

Basically this leaves the player stuck in limbo until either you release him or his contract expires.

Its not a problem, well I suppose it is but one that happens in real life.

If you don't want the players why should others teams?? Are you playing them?

Because other teams have different players and at least one of them is bound to be looking for a good player in that position?

Also,the real life argument is getting old...seriously...

Player wouldn't be overpaid if the AI didn't force the player to pay tons of money because contract negotiations are based on your budget. Also agents being a nuisance and asking for tons of money.

And it's also so frustrating that your player wouldn't budge from getting ~20K per week, but as soon as he becomes a free agent he will accept a 3-5K offer from a team-nobody within a month.

I'd defend a lot of things about FM, but the transfers and the contract negotiations are beyond broken.

As mentioned above players on high wages or with too high a value could put other teams off but i do agree that other teams should make more efforts to sign players from human managers clubs. You look at Real trying to get Bale, Chelsea trying to get Rooney, Man u trying to get Fabregas. I have absolutely no trouble keeping hold of my star players in game as no one has bid for them in my 10 year save.

1. you selling them because they are poor players so no-ne else wants them

2. they have not been getting game time so AI managers don't rate them

3. You asking too much

4. Their salaries are to high

5. AI manager's want a bargain

6. You are selling at the wrong time

There's no doubt that the transfer system in FM13 does not work well. Even offering players on free transfers to interested clubs can see no bids being made. I note there are plans to improve the transfer system in FM2014 and I'm looking forward to that improvement probably more than any other.

I never manage to sell player on the winter transfer windows, or if I could the price will be way to low. For example, I try to sell Nani on winter (offer for 25 mil) and I only get offer for 15 mil from club like Spurs and Barca.

Trying to sell him after the season end (offer for 35 mil) and both come in with what I want (Spurs with installment, Barca with full price). Several people already said it, but your player probably attract interest from club that could not pay his wages, that why the only offer for loan rather than transfer

There's no doubt that the transfer system in FM13 does not work well. Even offering players on free transfers to interested clubs can see no bids being made. I note there are plans to improve the transfer system in FM2014 and I'm looking forward to that improvement probably more than any other.

Couldn't agree more, selling players is right nightmare even if their playing particular good (ave rating 7.30 and above) you'd think AI teams would be flying bids in left right and center

I to am looking forward to a mass improvement also, hopefully deadline day will be full of activity just like IRL :thup:

I never manage to sell player on the winter transfer windows, or if I could the price will be way to low. For example, I try to sell Nani on winter (offer for 25 mil) and I only get offer for 15 mil from club like Spurs and Barca.

Trying to sell him after the season end (offer for 35 mil) and both come in with what I want (Spurs with installment, Barca with full price). Several people already said it, but your player probably attract interest from club that could not pay his wages, that why the only offer for loan rather than transfer

They may not have had the money at that point? End of season they get their new budgets and suddenly they have the money you're looking for.

Another possible reason, did you play Nani in the CL? To me, that would lower the fee a player will get since he can't be registered for the new team in Europe.

A "Decent PL player" playing in the PL don't want to play in The Championship and they are unlikely to afford him in any case.

A "Decent PL player" playing in the PL and under a long contract is actually a quite expensive transfer for other PL clubs, and he is unlikely to strengthen their team. Foreign players are going to be cheaper and better.

The PL is the highest-paying, most highly valued league in the game (on average) so few if any players from that league is going to attract interest from abroad. A player of such a quality would be a squad player in Italy, Spain and Germany as well - and even if he would be a quality player in lesser leagues he wouldn't want to go there.

Together, this ensures that you are stuck with players of that calibre on that kind of wage playing in that league. Once you become a top team, your unwanted players are suddenly quality players for other teams and then you get rid of them easily. Before that, making money on transfers is a rare occurence.

I've been moaning about transfers for a while now, ever since FM07.

To all those defending the system, just give me 1 FM-example of any of these happening, ever.

1. You're a recently promoted side, with a good striker, that plays well for 6-9 months and scores 11 in 20 games. Try selling him for £35m. That's what Newcastle did with Andy Carroll.
  2. Manage a top Ukrainian side, and have a decent midfielder on the fringes of the Brazil side at 28 years old. Sell him for £30m like Shakhtar did with Fernandinho.
  3. Try and sell Bale for anything approaching £80-100m. I am willing to bet any money that the maximum you'll get offered is £20m in FM.
  4. Manage Barcelona, and put Fabregas on the bench for the majority of games. Then try and sell him for anything close to £30-40m.

I've picked 4 big transfers at random, but my point is that a big transfer will normally happen every year in real life, and the prices will be huge compared to anything possible in FM.

The main problem is that if a human player tries to buy someone like Van Persie, we'll be quoted £100m. If a AI team tries to buy them off us, they offer £20-25m and never go higher.

Also, while I'm on the subject, it annoys me when AI teams offer the exact same amount for a player. How do they know? Are they secretly talking to each other? If my player is valued at £10m, and Chelsea offer £8m, how do Tottenham know to only offer £8m as well? Surely one team would like to offer significantly more, say, £15m, to "blow their rivals out of the water". Never happens!

In my situation managing Birmingham City in the precarious financial state we're in, come the first transfer window most my first team players were on an average of 7.30 or more, not one offer was made, even offering them out I only recieved a few devisery bids well under the players value, point being IRL situation (as happening in the current window at the blues) you'd be fighting off bids (e.g a striker who hits more goals than he plays would command 2/3 times his value)

To conclude I would love the transfer window to be a frantic flurry of activity one example..a breaking news slide bar SSN style, as previously mentioned it seems to come and go with not much happening

A "Decent PL player" playing in the PL don't want to play in The Championship and they are unlikely to afford him in any case.

A "Decent PL player" playing in the PL and under a long contract is actually a quite expensive transfer for other PL clubs, and he is unlikely to strengthen their team. Foreign players are going to be cheaper and better.

The PL is the highest-paying, most highly valued league in the game (on average) so few if any players from that league is going to attract interest from abroad. A player of such a quality would be a squad player in Italy, Spain and Germany as well - and even if he would be a quality player in lesser leagues he wouldn't want to go there.

Together, this ensures that you are stuck with players of that calibre on that kind of wage playing in that league. Once you become a top team, your unwanted players are suddenly quality players for other teams and then you get rid of them easily. Before that, making money on transfers is a rare occurence.

To take it to an extreme.

With that logic you will never be able to sell off your fringe players then. You just basically have to let them go on a free or terminate their contracts, as no team will ever go for them.

They're too expensive for any other level and he's basically just as crap, or worse, for other teams.

Yet, the AI doesn't seem to have problems getting rid of players between AI clubs.

If it's like that then it's truly messed up.

I've been moaning about transfers for a while now, ever since FM07.

To all those defending the system, just give me 1 FM-example of any of these happening, ever.

1. You're a recently promoted side, with a good striker, that plays well for 6-9 months and scores 11 in 20 games. Try selling him for £35m. That's what Newcastle did with Andy Carroll.
  2. Manage a top Ukrainian side, and have a decent midfielder on the fringes of the Brazil side at 28 years old. Sell him for £30m like Shakhtar did with Fernandinho.
  3. Try and sell Bale for anything approaching £80-100m. I am willing to bet any money that the maximum you'll get offered is £20m in FM.
  4. Manage Barcelona, and put Fabregas on the bench for the majority of games. Then try and sell him for anything close to £30-40m.

I've picked 4 big transfers at random, but my point is that a big transfer will normally happen every year in real life, and the prices will be huge compared to anything possible in FM.

The main problem is that if a human player tries to buy someone like Van Persie, we'll be quoted £100m. If a AI team tries to buy them off us, they offer £20-25m and never go higher.

Also, while I'm on the subject, it annoys me when AI teams offer the exact same amount for a player. How do they know? Are they secretly talking to each other? If my player is valued at £10m, and Chelsea offer £8m, how do Tottenham know to only offer £8m as well? Surely one team would like to offer significantly more, say, £15m, to "blow their rivals out of the water". Never happens!

A) Andy Carroll really isn't a good example, his is a one off oddity that had occurred which IMO was mainly down to Liverpool viewing the transfer as selling Torres for Carroll + £15m rather than actually paying £35 for Carroll.

B) Bale hasn't yet been sold so we don't know what the transfer fee will be if/when he is. But again this isn't a great example, only eight players in the history of football have been sold for over £40m and only one cost over £60m. There are lots of examples in peoples saves where players have been sold for between £40m & £60m over the years though.

Looking at my own save (These are all between ai clubs as I'm playing lower league) I'll list some examples:

At the beginning of the season Man Utd paid Dinamo Moscow £43.5m for a 23yo Russian winger who had been there since he was created, thats not unlike your Fernandinho example.

Likewise a few seasons ago Man Utd sold Rafael, who was a fringe player, to PSG for £39m, very similar to your Fabregas example.

I can also point to Newcastle selling Lewandowski to PSG for £32m in 2015 which I'll agree isn't totally the same but a little similar.

Don't you think this could/should be implemented in the new version?

Of course it should. It should look at a lot more than just CA/PA. I can only hope SI has done something about it in FM14. Hopefully we'll have a more aggresive AI in the transfer market to deal with than the way it is in FM13 and hopefully it will be harder to keep players happy as well. I haven't had to sell anyone that I didn't want to yet, apart from one player when I just started my save. Small club and bigger club came calling. He wanted to leave and the chairman accepted the huge offer.

Of course it should. It should look at a lot more than just CA/PA. I can only hope SI has done something about it in FM14. Hopefully we'll have a more aggresive AI in the transfer market to deal with than the way it is in FM13 and hopefully it will be harder to keep players happy as well. I haven't had to sell anyone that I didn't want to yet, apart from one player when I just started my save. Small club and bigger club came calling. He wanted to leave and the chairman accepted the huge offer.

My thoughts exactly! even though it'l be a menace due to the club I support and only play with but it bring a hefty realism in regards to transfers

Who was the player in question and what fee did he command if you don't mind me asking :thup:

My thoughts exactly! even though it'l be a menace due to the club I support and only play with but it bring a hefty realism in regards to transfers

Who was the player in question and what fee did he command if you don't mind me asking :thup:

Victoras Catarama - 1.2m Pounds

I was playing as Farul in Div 2 of Romania and he left for a team in Poland.

I know it's not 94m, but it's all relative :D

Victoras Catarama - 1.2m Pounds

I was playing as Farul in Div 2 of Romania and he left for a team in Poland.

I know it's not 94m, but it's all relative :D

1.2m is 1.2m at the end of the day hahaha, I could quite easily buy 2/3 quality players with that :lol:

I don't understand how so many people on these forums get bids of £40m + so often. My biggest sale on FM13 is £27m. I ask for any more and the other teams say no! Even for world class players who are in form!

To take it to an extreme.

With that logic you will never be able to sell off your fringe players then. You just basically have to let them go on a free or terminate their contracts, as no team will ever go for them.

They're too expensive for any other level and he's basically just as crap, or worse, for other teams.

Yet, the AI doesn't seem to have problems getting rid of players between AI clubs.

If it's like that then it's truly messed up.

Look at the list of transfers in the PL this summer and tell me how much clubs like Norwich, Southampton, Aston Villa, Stoke et.al got for the squad players they got rid of. Yes the AI is incredibly passive, but I don't believe it should be easy to get rid of unwanted players whose qualities are a dime a dozen. What I'd like is that it is not -reputation- that prevents that kind of transfers like it is now but a much more informed decision. I would also like that the AI plans ahead and not only strengthen their squad but replaces ageing or too-big-for-the-club players before they are actually gone.

Average rating of 7.20, like i said the guy played every game till i switched formations, he's played champions league football and played well, the ther guy has had the same success is 2 footed and can play on both wings, I'm not asking a lot money wise

I had a whole team of players over a 7.30 ave rating as well it's not a case making it easier to sell unwanted players, just a lot more realism plus even when you have a WNT next to a players name you rarely get an actual bid and where a bid has been lodged, that also is unrealistic (I had a ST who scored 43 goals and only played 39 games under 25 and got offered his actual value) ....that would never happen in an IRL situation, but like another member said, the AI doesn't recognize... ratings/goals etc etc hopefully this will be one of the new changes SI have fingers crossed

Look at the list of transfers in the PL this summer and tell me how much clubs like Norwich, Southampton, Aston Villa, Stoke et.al got for the squad players they got rid of. Yes the AI is incredibly passive, but I don't believe it should be easy to get rid of unwanted players whose qualities are a dime a dozen. What I'd like is that it is not -reputation- that prevents that kind of transfers like it is now but a much more informed decision. I would also like that the AI plans ahead and not only strengthen their squad but replaces ageing or too-big-for-the-club players before they are actually gone.

That's my key point there, but probably not in the way you think. They did get rid of them. Like you say, it shouldn't be easy. But it could be a bit easier

compared to what it is now.

I completely agree with you on that it shouldn't be the reputation that prevents the transfers but, also like you said, a much more informed decision.

I can only compare it with my own FM saves. I always start off unemployed and usually ends up with a bottom club, somewhere in the world.

I don't have any problem getting players in from clubs bigger and higher up than myself. Getting rid of them is another story.

Whether i have 1 or 20 of them, it seems like it's impossible. While the AI clubs are wheeling and dealing like there's no tomorrow.

When i climb the ranks i still can't get rid of my fringe players, while the other clubs have no problem getting rid of theirs. Unfortunately for them the AI isn't very good at planning for the future when it comes to their squads so it makes it a bit easier for me.

But all in all. Selling players is a complete nightmare. Buying is not a problem.

When i am a small club buying players, i'd like to think that when i'm a bigger club there would be smaller clubs, like my team once were, trying to get some of my players.

That's my key point there, but probably not in the way you think. They did get rid of them. Like you say, it shouldn't be easy. But it could be a bit easier

Here is a BBC link to squad changes in PL clubs this summer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22905732

I don't think there is one player in that list that was sold to a lower league club for money, pretty much all were either released or allowed to leave on frees (Which include bosmans).

Here is a BBC link to squad changes in PL clubs this summer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22905732

I don't think there is one player in that list that was sold to a lower league club for money, pretty much all were either released or allowed to leave on frees (Which include bosmans).

An interesting read indeed. Quite a few released. A few on frees and a few undisclosed.

But they did get rid of them. And they sure did get rid of a lot more players than i could ever dream of.

I don't say that i never, ever can't get rid of players, because that would've been a blatant lie.

I do think however that there should be a bit more interest in some of my players.

Even though most clubs probably in those squad changes table aren't rich like Man City or Chelsea they still could afford releasing players.

Now, one might say that it might be more expensive keeping my players in the long run and that would be true.

But i also can't afford releasing players left and right because i would be in the red immediately.

Add that no club ever (not to be taken literally) goes for my fringe players regardless of how long it'll take, and no matter what i do, i'm still screwed.

I think i do see your point though. I just have a very hard time replicating that in my game.

I don't see those problems with the AI. Players are going left and right.

Not claiming that the AI treats the human differently. It's just my experience with it.

I completely agree with you on that it shouldn't be the reputation that prevents the transfers but, also like you said, a much more informed decision.

I can only compare it with my own FM saves. I always start off unemployed and usually ends up with a bottom club, somewhere in the world.

I don't have any problem getting players in from clubs bigger and higher up than myself. Getting rid of them is another story.

Whether i have 1 or 20 of them, it seems like it's impossible. While the AI clubs are wheeling and dealing like there's no tomorrow.

When i climb the ranks i still can't get rid of my fringe players, while the other clubs have no problem getting rid of theirs. Unfortunately for them the AI isn't very good at planning for the future when it comes to their squads so it makes it a bit easier for me.

But all in all. Selling players is a complete nightmare. Buying is not a problem.

When i am a small club buying players, i'd like to think that when i'm a bigger club there would be smaller clubs, like my team once were, trying to get some of my players.

There isn't, unless they get a sugar daddy. This part of the game is carefully controlled in order to maintain the status quo, because that's what realism is in FM. Very British; know your station and make sure you stick to it ;)

I'm very rude to sign players way too good for the league, apparently...

Not claiming that the AI treats the human differently. It's just my experience with it.

I think reading between the lines I would say you don't "sync" (for want of a better word) with the transfer & contract module as well as the AI managers.

I suspect you give in maybe more often than the AI managers do when negotiating contracts resulting in your players being on higher wages than they would be had an AI manager had been in charge. This then leads on to problems when trying to sell/move on players.

I also think its fair to assume that human managers rate players differently to AI managers, the AI looks at position, perceived CA & PA whereas we as humans look at performance & attributes as well as the opinions of our AI staff. This can lead to players who the AI underrate that human managers can buy cheap whilst at the other end of the scale players that we don't rate but the AI does. Somewhere in the middle are those players that neither rates too highly and these are the ones you struggle to get rid of.

There isn't, unless they get a sugar daddy. This part of the game is carefully controlled in order to maintain the status quo, because that's what realism is in FM. Very British; know your station and make sure you stick to it ;)

I'm very rude to sign players way too good for the league, apparently...

The only status quo there is between the AI. Yeah, i do know that's the realism in FM. Don't disagree with you there.

And that's something i've said once before in another thread. FM realism is very, very far away from real realism :D

I think reading between the lines I would say you don't "sync" (for want of a better word) with the transfer & contract module as well as the AI managers.

I suspect you give in maybe more often than the AI managers do when negotiating contracts resulting in your players being on higher wages than they would be had an AI manager had been in charge. This then leads on to problems when trying to sell/move on players.

I also think its fair to assume that human managers rate players differently to AI managers, the AI looks at position, perceived CA & PA whereas we as humans look at performance & attributes as well as the opinions of our AI staff. This can lead to players who the AI underrate that human managers can buy cheap whilst at the other end of the scale players that we don't rate but the AI does. Somewhere in the middle are those players that neither rates too highly and these are the ones you struggle to get rid of.

If i'm ever to sign any of the players i can sign then yes. Because if i don't i won't get any players. They'll just refuse....and then proceed to accept an offer from the AI for less.

Players from lower divisions i'll probably get. Players from the same tier or above i have to give "insane" salaries in order to get them to my club; with the occasional exception of course.

If i don't i'll end up with a few youngsters and a bunch of grey players.

In your last paragraph...if that's the case then there's a looooot of players that falls into the middle category.

What i don't get is that those players surely should fall into a good, or even an exceptional category as well for some teams?!

I know it's an area that needs better programming, but is it really that badly programmed? (Bear in mind, i know nothing about programming so if i'm off it's purely because of ignorance)

Thank you for that explanation by the way. As i can understand a bit better how it might work. Only problem for me is that it gets me even further from a solution, based on the way i'm playing the game, rather than getting closer to it.

The solution, if you want to get rid of players and don't care what you get for them, is to assign that task to the DoF or Chairman. Put them on the Unwanted list as Sell or Release.

If you're so far into the game that the AI has messed up squads, you can help them by creating a faux manager who takes over a club in need of one or more of your unwanted players and sign them for (I recommend) base value. Then retire him. Some people would call that cheating, though, since you gain an advantage that way - and the AI clubs lose their manager, which can have an impact on the game world.

Otherwise loaning them out might not be such a bad idea. They get to play and prove themselves, and this might generate interest later on.

You could buy FMRTE and boost your unwanted player's reputation to 9999 and then offer them out. That might generate interest. When they are gone you just change it back. Still gives you an unfair advantage, though. But you say you feel such an unfair disadvantage that such actions might be palatable.

Even more fun; late in the savegame making a few sugar daddy clubs in the Championship and lower leagues could see them cast their eyes on undesired Premier League quality players. Could be fun seeing them rise.

The solution, if you want to get rid of players and don't care what you get for them, is to assign that task to the DoF or Chairman. Put them on the Unwanted list as Sell or Release.

If you're so far into the game that the AI has messed up squads, you can help them by creating a faux manager who takes over a club in need of one or more of your unwanted players and sign them for (I recommend) base value. Then retire him. Some people would call that cheating, though, since you gain an advantage that way - and the AI clubs lose their manager, which can have an impact on the game world.

Otherwise loaning them out might not be such a bad idea. They get to play and prove themselves, and this might generate interest later on.

You could buy FMRTE and boost your unwanted player's reputation to 9999 and then offer them out. That might generate interest. When they are gone you just change it back. Still gives you an unfair advantage, though. But you say you feel such an unfair disadvantage that such actions might be palatable.

Even more fun; late in the savegame making a few sugar daddy clubs in the Championship and lower leagues could see them cast their eyes on undesired Premier League quality players. Could be fun seeing them rise.

Granted this does work to move players on, the only problem with that is 9/10 they end up going on a free and like in my case if I have a 40+ goal scorer or a mass of players with a good ave rating, I'd expect my DOF (who has decent attributes for the role) to command a decent fee n par with the current form of the player in question

Granted this does work to move players on, the only problem with that is 9/10 they end up going on a free and like in my case if I have a 40+ goal scorer or a mass of players with a good ave rating, I'd expect my DOF (who has decent attributes for the role) to command a decent fee n par with the current form of the player in question

Set him to Sell for value and set the value to automatic then.

Those are some good tips. Appreciate them :thup:

Unfortunately i'm just a stubborn thick-headed person that can easily create headaches for myself and others :D

I won't "cheat" that way. Sure, it gets me frustrated at times but that's just how it is.

I've tried the DoF or Chairman. My experience there is that if they don't succeed at selling a player on their first try they will never try again.

They're just stuck in my unwanted list. Now, that's easily solved though. I just remove them and add them again, and that seems to work.

Tedious but it works.

So, on second thought, i might do that. Thanks for reminding me of that one :)

Those are some good tips. Appreciate them :thup:

Unfortunately i'm just a stubborn thick-headed person that can easily create headaches for myself and others :D

I won't "cheat" that way. Sure, it gets me frustrated at times but that's just how it is.

I've tried the DoF or Chairman. My experience there is that if they don't succeed at selling a player on their first try they will never try again.

They're just stuck in my unwanted list. Now, that's easily solved though. I just remove them and add them again, and that seems to work.

Tedious but it works.

So, on second thought, i might do that. Thanks for reminding me of that one :)

In my experience it's the opposite; they -never- give up and apparently spam all the other inboxes in the world... unless you set sell or release, then they don't try that long. The important bit is the automatic setting. I also felt that micromanaging the player value was as much work as doing the salesjob myself, but apparently on automatic they do go down in value and often get to sell for a reasonable price eventually.

In my experience it's the opposite; they -never- give up and apparently spam all the other inboxes in the world... unless you set sell or release, then they don't try that long. The important bit is the automatic setting. I also felt that micromanaging the player value was as much work as doing the salesjob myself, but apparently on automatic they do go down in value and often get to sell for a reasonable price eventually.

I'll give it a go with some experimenting. See if i can finally manage to offload some players.

Probably won't be any easier now as i'm in the lower tiers in Indonesia, on a new game.

Thanks for the help. I'll get back as soon as i feel i can safely report some consistent results. Good or bad :thup:

I'll give it a go with some experimenting. See if i can finally manage to offload some players.

Probably won't be any easier now as i'm in the lower tiers in Indonesia, on a new game.

Thanks for the help. I'll get back as soon as i feel i can safely report some consistent results. Good or bad :thup:

There is no hope of ever selling players in such low leagues.

timing is important, its easier to shift players after budgets have just been alocated in June, or after the "seasons expectations" update in december, also offer clubs flexability. If teams are not offering say 2m upfront offer him out for 2m in installments. I actually find it quite easy to shift players unless they are on abnormal wages then your market is significantly reduced to those clubs that will pay those wages ( a bug i hope they fix in fm14, where players that are unhappy and want first team football, or on free transfers will accept reduced wages as they are desperate for a route back into football)

There is no hope of ever selling players in such low leagues.

Nope. It is next to impossible selling players there. (Un-)fortunately the game crashed so i had to start all over again.

So now i'm in Norwegian 2nd division :D

Nope. It is next to impossible selling players there. (Un-)fortunately the game crashed so i had to start all over again.

So now i'm in Norwegian 2nd division :D

Biggus wasn't implying it should be in case you think he was.

In any low level league the chances of selling a player are very small both in FM & RL, clubs at these levels for the most part sign players on short terms deals 1-2 seasons and just release them at the end of the contracts if they are surplus to requirements.

Excuse me for not reading the whole thread so I may repeat what others have already said. But this is what I do when I can't sell a player:

I simply offer them out for two/three times their value. Very often attractive loan offers come in. I easily loan out players for £4-5M a year and wages are paid too. Seemingly you can do this every year and renew the contract when need be...

Biggus wasn't implying it should be in case you think he was.

In any low level league the chances of selling a player are very small both in FM & RL, clubs at these levels for the most part sign players on short terms deals 1-2 seasons and just release them at the end of the contracts if they are surplus to requirements.

I did think he was. Purely because i've managed there before and it was pretty much next to impossible to sell or give players to other clubs there.

That's why i thought he was.

That is true. They do release a lot of players in the lower divisions. But they also get a bunch of new players. Mostly on free transfers of unattached players.

But they also get a few good deals from other clubs. Which seems to be non-existent when i try to offload players to other clubs.

There's no interest whatsoever (for clarification; not to be taken literally).

The few players clubs are interested in are the ones with "high" reputation. Which i understand and accept. There should be.

Archived